Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? (18316 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / “Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by truespeak: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2021
I stopped going when I saw that going was Vexatious and a Wickedness to my soul, for the peace, the joy, and the Sweet Spirit of God all around me, left me immediately I stepped into the building and I was Troubled which was not so at the first.

Thus, I enquired into the reason and my search took me to the Words of God in that "in those (now here) days, My Words, Shall be Scarce" as He had Foretold and further those places shall be desolate.

Therefore, I hold on to and I am Fed by His Words and the Spirit of His Words as can be found in the Bible, Songs and in All things that are Good and Right!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Misterone: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

Ashamed?..for being a man or a human being..i dey laugh una well well...
so my prick suppose to dey stand anyhow for church! or na ashawo hotel I dey? they say when in Rome behave like the Romans. when in Church behave like a Christian. it is not godly to be thinking of sex inside the Church.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by davidinchrist(m): 11:17am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

People now go to church for selfies and videos to post on social media.

Pastors now have make-up artists more like it’s a show.

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?

I stopped going to church primarily because of deception; especially among great and small professing christain leaders. So I had to seek grace to overcome the opinions of pastors and people in general (it's been over 6 years now).

The bible says "come out from among them", from whom? People in deception! Religious Clubs, even if they are called Churches. BUT it would be a sin to turn down a true fellowship which is very very difficult to find.

Don't comfort yourself by NOT going to church though, but be sure you're living Holy, repented of ALL sins: just be sure you Love and Obey Jesus! Otherwise, we would still be deeply fooling ourselves, and we may actually be worse off.

Think about this:

2Tim.3.5 - having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people TURN AWAY!

2Thess.3.6 - But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you WITHDRAW from every brother (***may be a Pastor/Prophet) who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us (the life of Christ).

2Cor.6.17 - Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."

2Cor.6.18 - "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty."

May Jesus bless you.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by RedChiefPriest: 11:23am On Mar 07, 2021
I no get cloth and I no fit wear grass
So I no dey go
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by 4lorunsho(m): 11:27am On Mar 07, 2021
Its not a sin but never forget the assembly of the righteous because thats where you're built, edified and sustained...
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Paan(m): 11:30am On Mar 07, 2021
How do you renew your mind? We shouldn’t forsake the assembly of the righteous
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2021
OBALOLA55:
THIS IS WHY YOU KEEP ON FAILING YOUR EXAMS. I ASKED YOU TO POINT OUT TO ME WHERE CHRIST THE INTERLOCUTOR COMMANDED CHRISTIANS TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAYS
You are the one failing here.

Your position is that Sunday isn't the Sabbath but can you can't use us where it is Saturday or Friday whichever you want to claim
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by femi4: 11:36am On Mar 07, 2021
IceTrice01:

Who nor go nor know, so don't say he doesn't find the gathering of believers unnecessary, what about if he do goes to work every Sunday like I did before? Will u feed his family if he stops working or God would send birds to feed him?
It's not about Sundays. You don't get it, he hasn't been to church for 4yrs. He's not even feeling that something is missing. Services ain't only on Sundays
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by anataala: 11:39am On Mar 07, 2021
It’s not a sin, it’s not stated anywhere in the Bible.
jesusjnr2020:
As long as you're not living a life of sin and still keep building up yourself spiritually, you'd be fine.

God bless.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by anataala: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Within the New Testament is ample evidence that the seventh-day Sabbath is no longer a requirement.
“One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God,” (Rom. 14:5-6).
The entire section of Rom. 14:1-12 is worth careful study. The instructions here are that individuals must be convinced in their own minds about which day they observe for the Lord. If the seventh day Sabbath were a requirement, then the choice would not be mans’, but God’s. To me, this verse is sufficient to answer the question beyond doubt. Furthermore,
“Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.” (Col. 2:16-17).
Notice the time sequence mentioned in Col. 2:16-17 above. A festival is yearly. A new moon is monthly. A Sabbath is weekly. No one is to judge in regard to this. The Sabbath is defined as a shadow, the reality is Jesus. Jesus is our Sabbath. So, if someone is judging you because you worship on the Sabbath, they are wrong. Likewise, if you regard Sunday above Saturday (Rom. 14:5-6), all you need to do is be convinced in your own mind that that is alright.
Is there any evidence in the NT that Christians met on Sunday?
“And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight,” (Acts 20:7).
truespeak:
I stopped going when I saw that going was Vexatious and a Wickedness to my soul, for the peace, the joy, and the Sweet Spirit of God all around me, left me immediately I stepped into the building and I was Troubled which was not so at the first.

Thus, I enquired into the reason and my search took me to the Words of God in that "in those (now here) days, My Words, Shall be Scarce" as He had Foretold and further those places shall be desolate.

Therefore, I hold on to and I am Fed by His Words and the Spirit of His Words as can be found in the Bible, Songs and in All things that are Good and Right!
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by perezeghi: 11:45am On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?

Exod.20.8 - "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

1Sam.15.23 (NKJV)- For rebellion(disobedience) is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He also has rejected you from being king."

1Sam.15.23 (MSB)- Not doing what GOD tells you is far worse than fooling around in the occult. Getting self-important around GOD is far worse than making deals with your dead ancestors. Because you said No to GOD's command, he says No to your kingship.

Heb.10.25 - not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

I do not know what you'll make of the above Scripture but I guess it answers your question.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by captain247: 11:47am On Mar 07, 2021
If it's not a sin why is your conscience pricking you? And you're justifying the act so others will stop going to church like you which makes you thereby committing another sin.

Do you bserve the Sabbath day?

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy..
There are situations whereby due to nature of work you will not be able to attend service is a different thing than you not going to church to observe the things of thy Lord as every other Christians does.

It's only in Christianity that people claim salvation is in the heart, go try that with Juju na by not going to shrine if them no torment you from any where u dey back to their shrine to serve them.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Are you feeling bad for not going to church?
pls sir can you help me with practical tip on how to stop all form of sport betting completely.?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Solsix(m): 11:56am On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=EgusiSoup post=99675127]Happy Sunday guys,

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?[/quot
Going to church is one of the ways of keeping the Sunday holy. We are all called differently what others do when they go to church shouldn't be your concern and it shouldn't discourage you. Catholic church teaches that not going to church on Sunday is a mortal especially when one can find a church to worship.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 11:58am On Mar 07, 2021
femi4:
Stop deceiving yourself, you can't be close to God and find the gathering of believers unnecessary for 4yrs

My God want his worshipers to come together as often as possible

Prov27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

This ur comment sounds insulting & ur a Christian.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Emperor88(m): 11:58am On Mar 07, 2021
It is morally bad to entirely disconnect with the church. Come to think of it if everyone is not going to church, the church will collapse.Is good to hear the word of God once in while and churches need maintenance, new churches have to be built. Churches like Catholic Church that have the world biggest humanitarian aid (Caritas) have to keep reaching out to people in need.

So even if one is not going to church you have to keep contact with the church and support good work been carried out by the church.[/quote]

There is nothing wrong going to church but everything is wrong with the average Nigerian church.... secondly the Church building is/was never a Christian doctrine so not going to a church building can never be a sin because not even one church building existed in the Bible. Christ destroyed the temple of Judaism which ended the temple worship.....Pls who is giving them the order to build 5 churches per street?....lastly the gathering can be anywhere.... These churches has not made us better people, we need more quality affordable education, factories, better life.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Prajonis: 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

You committed sin by looking at the boobs?
God made boobs so we can look at them and touch them if permitted shocked
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Prajonis: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jonathan88:
see below
No Nigerian who has such info will give it out.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by truespeak: 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
anataala:
Within the New Testament is ample evidence that the seventh-day Sabbath is no longer a requirement.
“One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Let each man be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God,” (Rom. 14:5-6).
The entire section of Rom. 14:1-12 is worth careful study. The instructions here are that individuals must be convinced in their own minds about which day they observe for the Lord. If the seventh day Sabbath were a requirement, then the choice would not be mans’, but God’s. To me, this verse is sufficient to answer the question beyond doubt. Furthermore,
“Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.” (Col. 2:16-17).
Notice the time sequence mentioned in Col. 2:16-17 above. A festival is yearly. A new moon is monthly. A Sabbath is weekly. No one is to judge in regard to this. The Sabbath is defined as a shadow, the reality is Jesus. Jesus is our Sabbath. So, if someone is judging you because you worship on the Sabbath, they are wrong. Likewise, if you regard Sunday above Saturday (Rom. 14:5-6), all you need to do is be convinced in your own mind that that is alright.
Is there any evidence in the NT that Christians met on Sunday?
“And on the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to depart the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight,” (Acts 20:7).

I do get you but let me humbly add that the Lesson here is that Every Day belongs to the Lord, but, the Seventh Day is that Day He has set aside from all the other Days to be Honoured and Revered, for He who is Holy has Holified(Sanctified) and Blessed it, thus we Honour that Day in Respect to Him whom has Declared it so.

All things are for the Lord and Belong to Him, thus, where ever I go, whether to the building they call Church ( which as I stated earlier, I go no longer ), or to Work or even to the Market, or taking Leisurely Walks, it is Always in Honour and Praise to Him and my Goings are Always Sweet, Good and Prosperous.

If it is not, I do not go, for I hate Vanities, Unfruitfulness and Waste!

It is Grievous to me!
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Johel(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

Interesting. What makes you think God has left the church? Can u be more specific. Do u mean Nigerian Church or the church in general?

Nigerian Churches only����
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by OBALOLA55(m): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mikecold:
You are the one failing here.

Your position is that Sunday isn't the Sabbath but can you can't use us where it is Saturday or Friday whichever you want to claim

WHEN DO JEWS GO TO SYNAGOGUE FOR PRAYER undecided
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Playmaker99: 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
In the olden days, the days of Abraham, Moses, Solomon etc. House of God we're the holiest place on earth.
The spirits of heaven dwells solely in the sanctuary of the house of God, but as time passes God saw what his house of worship would become in the future.
Which made him to give man his new law which states that the spirit of God now dwells in the heart of men, what this simply means is that whether you are in the church, in your house, your work place or even in the hospital bed it doesn't matter so long as you call upon him with all the sincerity and repentance of your heart that he will answer you.
God bless all
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
Misterone:
so my prick suppose to dey stand anyhow for church! or na ashawo hotel I dey? they say when in Rome behave like the Romans. when in Church behave like a Christian. it is not godly to be thinking of sex inside the Church.

God create you, if you see woman body make your prick stand..where is not important...

Stop being ashamed for being a normal human being..
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2021
novice22:
pls sir can you help me with practical tip on how to stop all form of sport betting completely.?

Pick one one out of the three to replace it with..

Womanising, drinking(and or smoking), or singing..
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by rollandben(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

You committed sin by looking at the boobs?
He looked at it but resisted Eventually!!
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Misterone: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

God create you, if you see woman body make your prick stand..where is not important...

Stop being ashamed for being a normal human being..
my friend you need prayers. laying of hands to be precise.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

Pick one one out of the three to replace it with..

Womanising, drinking(and or smoking), or singing..
if u don't have anything helpful to say just ignore . thx.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EgusiSoup: 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Prajonis:
God made boobs so we can look at them and touch them if permitted shocked

So it’s not a sin
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Prajonis: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

So it’s not a sin
Being alive is in itself a sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The African Origin Of Is-ra-el / 34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Post Your Church Name And Your Position/Duty In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.