Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,195 members, 7,953,706 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? (18894 Views)

Pastor Sends Groom Out Of Church On His Wedding Day For Not Shaving Beards (vid) / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / “Don’t Go About Eating All Over The Place This Season”- Dr Olukoya Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by essy4060: 12:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
It is a sin. I used to be like you untill the day I had a dream where I was told to go to church.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by IgboWarlord(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
No you aren't my brother..I feel exactly the same way with you..I haven't been in a church since cross over night 2012..But i still belive in God and his son Jesus Christ..And my prayer life is better than a lot of regular churchgoers..
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by gistray: 12:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
blazepascal:
didn't you read the part where I typed I couldn't look at her face

How do I meet that Jezebel brother blaze
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by calcal: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
Why one cannot comment on the Islam post in NL without being a Muslim? are they doing something wrong?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 07, 2021
Going To Church Is Necessary & Important. Infact It's A Must.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by blazepascal(m): 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
gistray:

How do I meet that Jezebel brother blaze
lol. wetin u wan do with am
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by simplesearch: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

People now go to church for selfies and videos to post on social media.

Pastors now have make-up artists more like it’s a show.

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?

Why not! You're sinning not going to Church even as an unbeliever. As a believer you're sinning more while also showing your lack of knowledge of God's word. Heb 10:25.
The whole world is suppose to be serving God, that's what we all should be doing, but our obstinacy and ignorance of our weak defense on our right to self expression, over which the devil capitalizes on to make us Undermine Gods provision of our salvation. We are therefore in that ungodly place of rebellion where those who remain there are tagged sinners. God's provision for your salvation has been made, so quit given the devil reasons to lord over you. Repent of everything known sins, ask Jesus to come and be enthrone henceforth in your life and serve him with believers of like precious faith. If the churches around does not satisfy your spiritual thirst instead of calling it quit why not prayerfully try another. You don't quit taking medicine because there are many fake out there, you simply look for a good one through personal search or recommendation, do same here.
You can fellowship with any of The Apostolic Faith branches or Deeperlife or livingseed whichever is near you. If you can't fellowship with Gods children here on earth chances are you may not be able to do so hereafter, for heaven is a prepared place for prepared people. Shalom!
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by gawu1: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

For the past 4 years I don’t think I’ve gone to church. Not like I’ve lost my religion cos I still totally believe and trust in God. But I’m still asking, am I committing sin?
It means you have not been paying offering, tithes and first fruits for over four years. Don't allow Oyedepo and Suleiman hear you.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Goldenfinger5(m): 1:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

No one should deceive you my bro/sis. The truth is that you are no longer in faith. You can't be disobedient to God's word and believe you're in the line with God. You have backslidden and the Holy Spirit has left you and that's why you don't see the need to go to church. You may say "But God still answers my prayers when I call on him" remember even the devil answers prayers. Heb 10.24-25
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Glorylynn: 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
As long as you're not living a life of sin and still keep building up yourself spiritually, you'd be fine.

God bless.

Please write me on Whatsapp 0 8 0 3 9 4 3 8 5 0 0
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by thinkmoney(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Simplest Answer, were you not going there to Visit God in the past?

Thus, When God said He would Leave those Places, which He has now done, what then are you going there for?

I have not gone to church for about the same period of time as you, except for weddings and celebrations.

And since God has left there, they are simply Event Centres and Places of Entertainment or Annoyance whichever plays out!

But, you can not do without the Food of The Bible (KJV), that One is Indispensable, For God has Not Separated Himself from His Word, therefore, you will be fine there if you Truly Eat His Words

If not, you will Surely Die!
No...not only reading the bible, fellowship with fellow sheeps is important. Iron sharpeneth iron and the bible even gave an injunction to that effect.
There is the one good church, but you guys dont want to find it out, or you are afraid
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2021
thinkmoney:

No...not only reading the bible, fellowship with fellow sheeps is important. Iron sharpeneth iron and the bible even gave an injunction to that effect.
There is the one good church, but you guys dont want to find it out, or you are afraid

As you Truly and Rightly said "fellowship with fellow sheeps", but no sheep near me at all. All I see for a Truth are Wicked, Stealing, Lying, Scheming Goats!

And thus by the Law of "What business shall the righteous have with the unrighteous" , it's a fellowship with me and my Bible and Oh, My Worship Songs connected to my PC for that purpose to my "Noise Maker"!

And as Kirk Franklin would say "We are having a church in here"! grin
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
sammirano:
Go and ask your eleda. When what happens to non church goers happen you. You will sabi life.

And what is this supposed to mean, please?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by thinkmoney(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

As you Truly and Rightly said "fellowship with fellow sheeps", but no sheep near me at all. All I see for a Truth are Wicked, Stealing, Lying, Scheming Goats!

And thus by the Law of "What business shall the righteous have with the unrighteous" , it's a fellowship with me and my Bible and Oh, My Worship Songs connected to my PC for that purpose to my "Noise Maker"!

And as Kirk Franklin would say "We are having a church in here"! grin
Ok, I see reason. God will help you to locate the sheeps and recognize them. They are out there. Hod can never leave us without a light
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Cargoed: 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
My Guy you are a confirmed Pharisee, one of the persons that killed Jesus. Read Luke:14.

They even asked Jesus why he healed on the sabbath day. So I expect such questions from those leaving under the "Law" not for bornagain Christian's.

Anyway give your life to Christ you still have a second chance and find a Bible believing church to attend.

Remember everyday in Heaven is Church. So where are you going?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by studM(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
NO,it's not and can never be a sin as clearly defined in God's word,but we r admonished not to forsake d gathering or assembly of believers!,it is for our edification (ps92:14)
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Ziliancity: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Exodus 20:8, God commanded us to keep the Sabbath day holy, in verse 9 we were given specific days to work and a particular day to rest.
but in today after Christ death and resurrection, the Sabbath came into the first day of the week, reasons been that Christ rose on that day and in addition, at every given time the disciples gathered and Christ appears, it only happens on the first day of the week.. going further, the Bible tells us not to forsake the assemblies of the righteous, he further tells us that where two or more are gathered in his name he will be there. there are blessings attached to your going to church Isaiah 58:13-14.
finally ma/sir, we are in the last days were men will be lovers of pleasures more than God, salvation is personal, santification is personal, so also is the baptism of the holy ghost. judgement is individual. the choice is basically yours. king David said I was glad when they say let us go into the house of God. please try and pray through to genuine salvation, press further for santification ( holy living) and the holy Spirit and you will require know one to guide you in your course of life thanks.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
D Bible Says, He Dat Knows What He Should Do & Doeth It Not, To Him It's A Sin.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Shegzymiki1: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ha,
This world is something else, I can't believe what I just read. Even going through the comments you will know that the devil has really worked.

The truth is, going to church helps your spirit man. You feed your spirit man by going to church. Your spirit man only feeds on God's word which makes it fight battles in the spirit realm.

Imagine you have not eaten for 4 years, how will you look like now? or better still you would have been dead by now.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
novice22:
if u don't have anything helpful to say just ignore . thx.

Just learn restrain...you dont have to quit compmetely...i have account with almost all the betting platform. If i see game i play. If not i just do other things...i dont over indulge in it.

A little bit of stuff is what life is all about..
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
Misterone:
my friend you need prayers. laying of hands to be precise.

Ok...dey there dey form alien.. God wey do am like that nah mugu...abi?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by orunto27: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
It's not a sin. But wherever you are, you must always PRAY.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by BnQoyyim(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

show me a biblical verse that discuss going to the church on Sunday.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Gsentme(m): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:

You committed sin by looking at the boobs?
But those boobs look at him first. You better judge well young man...
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Polynek(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mtcheew, which Kain questionb Dix 1.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
sonmvayina:

Just learn restrain...you dont have to quit compmetely...i have account with almost all the betting platform. If i see game i play. If not i just do other things...i dont over indulge in it.

A little bit of stuff is what life is all about..
aiit
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Amalekki: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

never forsake the gathering of brethren. while hat quote in Hebrews 10:25 is not a sin in itself, you should question your relationship, love, dedication and commitment for/to God if going to church or any opportunity to just worship and be in his presence is a problem to you.
Omnipresent God?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by EM123: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Simplest Answer, were you not going there to Visit God in the past?

Thus, When God said He would Leave those Places, which He has now done, what then are you going there for?

I have not gone to church for about the same period of time as you, except for weddings and celebrations.

And since God has left there, they are simply Event Centres and Places of Entertainment or Annoyance whichever plays out!

But, you can not do without the Food of The Bible (KJV), that One is Indispensable, For God has Not Separated Himself from His Word, therefore, you will be fine there if you Truly Eat His Words

If not, you will Surely Die!
are you not going to die? Or are you going to live forever?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Amalekki:

Omnipresent God?

i marked that in bold because i know thats the only thing you would pick out of my statement to talk about. omo na you and your God go talk your matter. i have told you what i want to say.
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Probz(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
EgusiSoup:
Happy Sunday guys,

Which pastor has a make-up artist?
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
EM123:
are you not going to die? Or are you going to live forever?

grin Nah! I am going to unpart or dispart and then depart!

So after all these necessary partings, by the Good Graces and Mercies of Our Great Manufacturer, I pray and work that I shall have found and obtained His Favours that He shall Grant me the New and Improved Parts that He intends to make for His creations which are not guilty of complicity in wicked works!

So, that's my play!
Re: Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? by Kaymansion(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2021
As for me going to church every Sunday is my Sunday tonic.. anyways let brother righteousness shed more light on this topic thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) / Just Like The Biblical Joseph, Have You Ever Turned Down A Sexual Advance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.