Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? (23739 Views)

Average Monthly Bills Spent On Subscription/Utilities..!!! / Why Are Nigerians Always Angry With The Question 'please May I Know You?' / What Is The Slightest Thing That Can Get You Angry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
UncommonLogic:

It's in their genetic make up. They are good at hiding their anger while Blacks are not.
A white person will deal with you in a cool calm manner while planning your downfall such as getting you fired or whatever. Most blacks are incapable of hiding their feelings hence they are considered to lack temperament even in politics.
A white person will laugh with you while planning to get you fired while a black person cannot hide their feelings.
A black sister in the US will get angry and say her mind right there even in a work environment, while a white woman will simply walk away but plan to get their say in another subtle way.

All in all, honesty speaking, we people of African decent have more propensity for violence when angered.
Hate to admit it but it's true.

It's just nature, nothing more to it.

False.
Both blacks and whites can pretend.
Blacks and whites have an equal propensity for violence.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

White people are also prone to outbursts.

Yh ofcourse they are
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by cococandy(f): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
The sun is too hot

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 9japride(m): 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
The environment is not friendly due to bad leadership and worst still, the oppressive elements will deliberately be mocking hardworking citizens who makes the average man angry.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jeromejnr:

You tried. But if you read through the comment, you will notice the use of the words "some" and "many".

In English language, there is a subject and an object. The object brings more clarity to the former.

The subject is "repentance" the object is "many". Not "All".

The resultant effect of the many heeding to the subject will in turn affect All "Nigerians" as see in the first paragraph.

When something is more than the average, it affects the whole.

Where is the use of "some" in that bolded sentence?

Now, are all Nigerians godless? That was a generalization right there

Now FOH. We all generalise including you
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Pls don't pretend like the violations in Africa don't take the cake
What do you mean by taking the cake?
Are you saying that murdering someone in Africa is worse than murdering someone in Europe?
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What do you mean by taking the cake?
Are you saying that murdering someone in Africa is worse than murdering someone in Europe?

Yes because I can get away with it!
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by AfonjaConehead: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
What do you expect,after coneheads brought in the dullapo that have been kobokoing them and their fathers?!
You can even see them on here,just thread up an igbo related topic and see their expression of hunger,poverty, hardship induced frustrations grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
Again, i do not take individual occurrences, as the dominant feature, in assessing anger outburst or uncontrollable rage in public, especially in a public arena, where there is no expectation of anger outburst.

Again what happened before Donald trump left the white house is not surprising, its predictable, given the admiration many have for him or their state of captivation.

HellVictorinho:

There is no predictable society since there is no predictable human being.
There is no place for anger anywhere.
Have you forgotten what happened before Donald Trump left the White House??
Have you forgotten that John Kennedy was assassinated??
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

False.

Lies
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
If you are a Nigerian you wouldn’t ask this bombastic question angry
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Starzo: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
na ur papa dey vex anyhow
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

The generalization here is baseless.
If you say humans are primates,that will make sense.
All humans are primates.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Williamsesco(m): 2:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ayo2004:

Brethen,do not be deceived!
I repeat,do not be manipulated!

If u know the power of iPhone camera and make up,you will marvel

Op,u no get sense,see stupid question u dey ask,even gaari wey we dey manage,the price just dey somersault and u con here dey ask foolish question angry
brother this ur talk dey make me dey vex more..
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

The generalization here is baseless.
If you say humans are primates,that will make sense.
All humans are primates.

Baseless Did he generalise or not?
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Lies
What stats make it false?
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Baseless Did he generalise or not?
He generalized baselessly.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
I would not agree less, I also observed it in myself, by studying myself, i was able to learn how to control it.

UncommonLogic:

It's in their genetic make up. They are good at hiding their anger while Blacks are not.
A white person will deal with you in a cool calm manner while planning your downfall such as getting you fired or whatever. Most blacks are incapable of hiding their feelings hence they are considered to lack temperament even in politics.
A white person will laugh with you while planning to get you fired while a black person cannot hide their feelings.
A black sister in the US will get angry and say her mind right there even in a work environment, while a white woman will simply walk away but plan to get their say in another subtle way.

All in all, honesty speaking, we people of African decent have more propensity for violence when angered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by UncommonLogic: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

False.

When I say whites have less propensity for violence, that does not mean all Whites but on the average, from my own life experiences living in the West for so long, I can categorically say that more blacks have propensity for violence.
Deny all you want, but statistics proves me right.
Just look at crime rate in the US, the black on black murder and other crimes rate is simply astonishing.

Let me tell you another ugly truth, even blacks will lock their car doors when approached by young blacks in the parking lot while they will feel more comfortable when approached by young white kids.

These are facts that even I won't admit to a white person but it's very true.
These are very ugly truth that we deny everyday but know that it's true in the back of our minds.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What stats make it false?

The stats on the violent crime statistics for blk ppl in America, the UK and other western nations with a big black presence
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Hogan17: 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
I think the economic situation is a big factor, causing people to be unhappy
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
You are right, a white can be angry with you, but will smile at you, while a black will want to punch and do something immediately, although not all.

It can also be environmental, some people from some places, tend to get angry very fast, especially from conflict zones, or places with high tension.

UncommonLogic:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Jeromejnr(m): 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Well, that's why there are courses on the English language and hermeneutics.

So no, I don't generalise and didn't in my previous comment.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jeromejnr:

Well, that's why there are courses on the English language and hermeneutics.

So no, I don't generalise and didn't in my previous comment.

Lol.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by descarado: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
cococandy:
The sun is too hot
The sun is too hot shocked shocked shocked

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Angelfrost(m): 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Spicycat:

it is gross foolishness to ask someone "are you the last person on the queue"

Next time when you go to the bank don't ask anybody anything, just fill your teller and stand behind the last person on the damn queue.

As correct as you might be, you are still missing the point...

There will always be smart and foolish questions. Either shouldn't be enough to bring out so much anger and vehemence in a normal individual.

Let's face it... An average Nigerian is unnecessarily angry and quick to resort to violence. It actually borders on psychopathy.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by The5DME(m): 2:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Poverty.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Again, i do not take individual occurrences, as the dominant feature, in assessing anger outburst or uncontrollable rage in public, especially in a public arena, where there is no expectation of anger outburst.

Again what happened before Donald trump left the white house is not surprising, its predictable, given the admiration many have for him or their state of captivation.

False.
You are saying this because it happened.
You wouldn't have said this if it hadn't happened.
Concerning dominant features,you shouldn't talk too much.
It is the individual occurrences that make up the cases of violence/crime.
Crimes are committed in different places and in different ways in the USA and other countries outside Africa.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by descarado: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
You are right, a white can be angry with you, but will smile at you, while a black will want to punch and do something immediately, although not all.

It can also be environmental, some people from some places, tend to get angry very fast, especially from conflict zones, or places with high tension.

Right but the last sentence, ogaa o
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Bebson007(m): 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
Op na Lagos u dey abi because its common here. Everybody na mad people the ladies included.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by RexTramadol1: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
E be like OP no know say owu Dey blow differently for this part of the world
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Originalsly: 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Balistic4:
grin

start a convo without using sorry and sorry will be your name grin grin grin grin

you have to start like this:

me: good morning sir, sorry sir what is it by your time

or

me: sir please sir, what is it by your time grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin you really be joking!... because this will piss me off... and you will really get my time...if it's 9:00 a.m .. I'm loudly telling you 2:35 p.m.

@ topic.... not really angry... I'll say frustrated..... but angry if you go about asking the kind questions you stated. 3 people in the bank... and you the fourth... why ask such a question?.... I'll be angry too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Be Like Bro, Some Of The Funniest Bro Pics I've Seen(images) / Steps On How To Build Your Self Confidence. / What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.