Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? (23790 Views)

Average Monthly Bills Spent On Subscription/Utilities..!!! / Why Are Nigerians Always Angry With The Question 'please May I Know You?' / What Is The Slightest Thing That Can Get You Angry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Ayo2004: 2:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Williamsesco:
brother this ur talk dey make me dey vex more..
No vex,na vex make me vex talk am
I wan sleep weekly Sunday sleep,naso NEPA carry light and the sun fit boil water for my area and I come broke,if I comot my house,I fit slap the first person wey I see for street cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
You are right, a white can be angry with you, but will smile at you, while a black will want to punch and do something immediately, although not all.

It can also be environmental, some people from some places, tend to get angry very fast, especially from conflict zones, or places with high tension.

False.
If anyone smiles,then the person is not angry.
But the person may be offended.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy, just saying, i may be wrong, its good to consider probable causes.

descarado:

Right but the last sentence, ogaa o
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by ahmedee: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ademola47:
Recently, I noticed the number of angry Nigerians has increased.

From the saying "an hungry man is an angry man" we can say a poor man angry nature is understandable to an extent. What about the rich ones? The people in the middle and upper class? How do we explain their cause of angriness?
Fine, it's human thing to be sad or unhappy once in a while but how do we explain being angry unnecessary every time.

Everyone seems to be angry over little things that can be overlooked. You will mistakenly match them slightly and they'll want to fight you. You will ask a polite question and aggressive mode will be activated.

My most recent experience was yesterday morning when I went to the bank to get some money.
I took a bike which costs #50 normally. I gave the bike man #100 and he started shouting that I should have told him I didn't have change. Haha! #100 to collect #50 change. I forfeited the change. Own getting inside the bank, I saw 3 standing adjacently on the queue. I asked one of them "Please Sir, are you the last person on the queue" since it was hard to know whom I was behind. "You no get eyes. You no see say na my behind you dey".
When I left the bank, I wanted to buy sports newspaper. I told the vendor to give me Complete sports since he didn't display any sports newspaper and he replied angrily " I no get joor. If you no wan buy these ones make you come for here".

Recalling the series of event, I find it hard to fathom the reason behind everyone's lingering angry mood.

You cannot control people actions but you can always control your reactions. A lot of angry folks working around these days
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by yomi007k(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Someone7:

YES I MUST! IF YOU JUDGE SOMEONE BASED ON THEIR RACE THEN THAT MAKES YOU RACIST, AND THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I REFER TO RACISTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE MORE RACIST THAN EVEN THE WHITES. IF YOURE ONE OF THEM THEN YOU'RE AN IDIOT TOO.

Sorry not sorry

You are not wise.

I am sure you must have heard that before.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Ahmadm(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
See d gigantic pieces of meat and foreign rice blanketed in rich tomato stew na him u com dey cry hunger angry angry ? Abeg make u just dey your dey
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Ogbeni the heat alone ehnnn....dey make person angry...

Every where now ehnnn.. dey hot....that alone can make people angry..I don baff reach four times today...rice way them give me...fear nor allow me eat am for inside because of heat....I carry am come outside
Coupled with the hardship.....
Person go huzzle from money till night still the money nor dey fall out....if the money manage enter your hand he nor go get value....before you know it ...one thousand naira note go be like two hundred
Even we the bombers..nor dey get am clear again....hungry want kill us....you go dedicate your time take chat client finish....time to bill client go reach....he go loose guard you....to cry you nor go fit cry.....depression and frustration go nearly set in
Na to restart again

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
you could be right. Although everything is a food for thought. Although we at least agree on one thing.

1) Which is "blacks express their anger more than other people". This one conclusion, we can both agree on

HellVictorinho:

False.
You are saying this because it happened.
You wouldn't have said this if it hadn't happened.
Concerning dominant features,you shouldn't talk too much.
It is the individual occurrences that make up the cases of violence/crime.
Crimes are committed in different places and in different ways in the USA and other countries outside Africa.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Elsueno: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
okay, cheesy cheesy

I like that word, it's like magic, immediately u say it, they mellow down, some even get embarrassed grin grin
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by bignero: 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ademola47:

From the saying "an hungry man is an angry man" we can say a poor man angry nature is understandable to an extent. What about the rich ones? The people in the middle and upper class? How do we explain their cause of angriness?
Fine, it's human thing to be sad or unhappy once in a while but how do we explain being angry unnecessary every time.

Everyone seems to be angry over little things that can be overlooked. You will mistakenly match them slightly and they'll want to fight you. You will ask a polite question and aggressive mode will be activated.

My most recent experience was yesterday morning when I went to the bank to get some money.
I took a bike which costs #50 normally. I gave the bike man #100 and he started shouting that I should have told him I didn't have change. Haha! #100 to collect #50 change. I forfeited the change. Own getting inside the bank, I saw 3 standing adjacently on the queue. I asked one of them "Please Sir, are you the last person on the queue" since it was hard to know whom I was behind. "You no get eyes. You no see say na my behind you dey".
When I left the bank, I wanted to buy sports newspaper. I told the vendor to give me Complete sports since he didn't display any sports newspaper and he replied angrily " I no get joor. If you no wan buy these ones make you comot for here".

Recalling the series of event, I find it hard to fathom the reason behind everyone's lingering angry mood.

My brother.. Am sure you grew up outside Nigeria.. grin, id be shocked if you grew locally..

If you stay too long this thing or whatever it is will enter you too..assuming you don't stay here.. And if you grew up in niaja and are able to see this anger, and separate yourself, kudos to you.. But run because you'd soon be the same
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
lol, okay
Elsueno:

I like that word, it's like magic, immediately u say it, they mellow down, some even get embarrassed grin grin
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
Okay I also see that too. Can someone can come up with a theory on why black do that to each other, I don't want to come up with a ridiculous theory, cheesy cheesy cheesy

UncommonLogic:

When I say whites have less propensity for violence, that does not mean all Whites but on the average, from my own life experiences living in the West for so long, I can categorically say that more blacks have propensity for violence.
Deny all you want, but statistics proves me right.
Just look at crime rate in the US, the black on black murder and other crimes rate is simply astonishing.

Let me tell you another ugly truth, even blacks will lock their car doors when approached by young blacks in the parking lot while they will feel more comfortable when approached by young white kids.

These are facts that even I won't admit to a white person but it's very true.
These are very ugly truth that we deny everyday but know that it's true in the back of our minds.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
Someone7:
Those of you idiots saying it's a black man thing. Go and walk past a neo nazi and a white supremacist in America and see how angry they are.

What if I told you white supremacy is a myth and an imaginary boogeyman?
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Mightyhaiz: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
ogbonti:

Must you go to school? You come across as a very smart guy, your command of the English Language is commendable- That is all you need, go hustle the unconventional way, make it and watch the useless Universities line up to award you honorary Ph.D's - because even if you graduate now, no work, that will increase the frustration. Even if you get that 60k do not use it to pay for any yeye hostel, instead think how you can double that money -- in 30 days. Go into pure water business boy!!!!

Universities are springing up left and right creating dependent individuals who can not reason for themselves, minting out "certified slaves" - for the civil service according to Fela. If I have the opportunity to do it all over again - knowing what I know now, no university in Nigeria with their fake degrees deserves one kobo of my money. I will use my school fees and Accomodation money to trade and in 4 years, I will employ those who were supposed to be my course mates as store boy and store girl for 18k naira a month!
ur right o.. one of our smallie for area that year bought a house for 180million recently..the boy stop for jss2 go learn amoured cable.. if u see him ware houses ,offices and shops. cctv everywhere.. smartly dressed boys and girls everywhere. Him new wife be like model.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

The stats on the violent crime statistics for blk ppl in America, the UK and other western nations with a big black presence
What about stats for white people?
Did you throw them away??
Besides, if a black person is not frustrated,why would the black person harm anyone?
If a white person is frustrated, why won't the white person harm?
The propensity for violence is not the reason for violence.
It is the quality of being ready to express your feelings violently when there is something that causes you to feel frustrated or severely oppressed.
If there are more reasons for blacks to be violent,there will be more cases of violence by blacks .
If there are more reasons for whites to be violent,there will be more cases of violence by whites..
The reason for violence is the frustration/severe oppression.
If you are talking about lunacy, it's still whites and blacks..

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What about stats for white people?
Did you throw them away??
Besides, if a black person is not frustrated,why would the black person harm anyone?
If a white person is frustrated, why won't the white person harm?
The propensity for violence is not the reason for violence.
It is the quality of being ready to express your feelings violently when there is something that causes you to feel frustrated or severely oppressed.
If there are more reasons for blacks to be violent,there will be more cases of violence by blacks .
If there are more reasons for whites to be violent,there will be more cases of violence by whites..
The reason for violence is the frustration/severe oppression.
If you are talking about lunacy, it's still whites and blacks..

There we go. So you're basically acknowledging black ppl are violent but are now making excuses for it?

Oppression? Lol.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
you could be right. Although everything is a food for thought. Although we at least agree on one thing.

1) Which is "blacks express their anger more than other people". This one conclusion, we can both agree on

Blacks and whites express their anger equally.
But Dangote has less reasons to be angry than a poor North Korean.
Zuckerberg has less reasons to be angry than a poor Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

There we go. So you're basically acknowledging black ppl are violent but are now making excuses for it?

Oppression? Lol.
All humans can be violent except some lunatics/imbeciles that have other issues.
The cause of violence is not a mere excuse.
It is something relevant to the psychologist/psychiatrist.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
okay, i think you are more correct, noted

HellVictorinho:

False.
If anyone smiles,then the person is not angry.
But the person may be offended.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 001spice: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
Even you that is asking why are you angry coz if you are not angry u won`t be asking this.even me that am answering u i dey angry why u dey ask such question
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
UncommonLogic:

When I say whites have less propensity for violence, that does not mean all Whites but on the average, from my own life experiences living in the West for so long, I can categorically say that more blacks have propensity for violence.
Deny all you want, but statistics proves me right.
Just look at crime rate in the US, the black on black murder and other crimes rate is simply astonishing.

Let me tell you another ugly truth, even blacks will lock their car doors when approached by young blacks in the parking lot while they will feel more comfortable when approached by young white kids.

These are facts that even I won't admit to a white person but it's very true.
These are very ugly truth that we deny everyday but know that it's true in the back of our minds.

Blacks can have more reasons to be violent.
But the propensity for violence is another thing.
All humans except some lunatics/imbeciles have the same amount of propensity for violence.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
Anger and angry outbursts seem to be an adapted defense mechanism amongst Nigerians.
Sort of..." Let me warn them that I am dangerous so that they know they cannot and must not mess with me!"

Nigerians tend to take 'soft' people for granted. Just saying �

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
UncommonLogic:

It's in their genetic make up. They are good at hiding their anger while Blacks are not.
A white person will deal with you in a cool calm manner while planning your downfall such as getting you fired or whatever. Most blacks are incapable of hiding their feelings hence they are considered to lack temperament even in politics.
A white person will laugh with you while planning to get you fired while a black person cannot hide their feelings.
A black sister in the US will get angry and say her mind right there even in a work environment, while a white woman will simply walk away but plan to get their say in another subtle way.

All in all, honesty speaking, we people of African decent have more propensity for violence when angered.
Hate to admit it but it's true.

It's just nature, nothing more to it.

I said it
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
It seems so, but i want to understand why, because, in all my stay in whites mans land, i hardly see a angry white man, and they are very sensible and orderly.

Genetics. High testosterone in black men and women
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
I tend to think, Blacks express their anger differently, or perhaps more honestly which may be uncontrolled or immediate, maybe excessive in physical confrontation or not even necessary.

Its good we define clearly what we do, that way we can understand more or even control it.

You are not wrong, but could we define it as precisely and clearly as possible rather than generalized or vague.

You don't need a generalized definition or to suit our emotions (ego)
HellVictorinho:

Blacks and whites express their anger equally.
But Dangote has less reasons to be angry than a poor North Korean.
Zuckerberg has less reasons to be angry than a poor Nigerian.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
1Sharon:

Yes because I can get away with it!

You can't get away with it unless you have gotten to a level where you can get away with it.

The president of Russia caused someone to be jailed for speaking against his rule.
How is that fair?
The person never threatened to harm anyone in his government.
The person just spoke against his rule which has been dictatorial.
The president of Russia acts like he's a God.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by IAMPEDRO: 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ademola47:

When I left the bank, I wanted to buy sports newspaper. I told the vendor to give me Complete sports since he didn't display any sports newspaper and he replied angrily " I no get joor. If you no wan buy these ones make you comot for here".

You expect someone who is not living well to do things right? A country where the government look for any means to sip the little out of the poor. If you're not ok with the standard of things in your family, among your friends, your communities, then i think that issue or whatever it may be will affect you knowingly or unknowingly. It will affect you mentally, emotionally and psychologically. when are these part are affected it goes down to the social well being, here you see someone who was very happy a moment ago goes mad at you in the next minutes. Our generation call it "mode swing" it's not mode swing it is the situation of things in NIGERIA.
The truth is that Jesus Christ has come to give happiness in full by his grace.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by 1Sharon(f): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You can't get away with it unless you have gotten to a level where you can get away with it.

The president of Russia caused someone to be jailed for speaking against his rule.
How is that fair?
The person never threatened to harm anyone in his government.
The person just spoke against his rule which has been dictatorial.
The president of Russia acts like he's a God.

What level? undecided
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
yomi007k:

You are not wise.

I am sure you must have heard that before.

Put all the 'wisdom' in your family together (if say all there's any). It's nothing compared to mine.

Know your place and stick to nairaland thugism. That's your aim in life

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Crownp(m): 3:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
SeriouslySense:
I tend to think, Blacks express their anger differently, or perhaps more honestly which may be uncontrolled or immediate, maybe excessive in physical confrontation or not even necessary.

Its good we define clearly what we do, that way we can understand more or even control it.

You are not wrong, but could we define it as precisely and clearly as possible rather than generalized or vague.

You don't need a generalized definition or to suit our emotions (ego)
Blacks express their anger in different ways just like whites.
There is no specific way in which blacks or whites express their anger.
I can express my anger in different ways.
1Sharon can express her anger in different ways,too.
Re: Why Is The Average Nigerian Always Angry? by sonofthunder: 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ademola47:

Asides challenges and difficulties in the nation, we have no values to impute to citizens from childhood.

No character, no nada

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Get Mtn Customer Care Direct With This Short Code / What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.