Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years (26225 Views)

Balogun, Aribo, Bassey Help Rangers Win First Scottish Cup Title In 13 Years / Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Celtic Lifts 8 Consecutive Scottish Title At Aberdeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by ogbiwa: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Rangers are Scottish champions for the first time in 10 years after Celtic drew 0-0 with Dundee United.

Steven Gerrard's side, who beat St Mirren 3-0 on Saturday, have a 20-point lead with six games remaining.

It is former Liverpool and England captain Gerrard's first trophy as a manager in his third season at Ibrox, and ends Celtic's bid for an unprecedented 10th successive crown.

It is the earliest Scottish title win in chronological terms.

Rangers have dropped just eight points in an unbeaten league campaign so far, with their victory on Saturday their 28th win in 32 matches.

They have scored 77 goals and conceded just nine - only two of which have been at Ibrox.

The Glasgow club were in the bottom tier of Scottish football as recently as 2012 after their financial collapse, and returned to the top flight five years ago.

Rangers' first game as champions will be the third Old Firm game of the campaign at Celtic Park on March 21.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56306235

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by merits(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by aidameoryou: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
OK NEXT DESTINATION IS LIVERPOOL, KLOPP IS OVERWHELMED.
AND JUST CUB YOUR "WE HAVE A LOT OF INJURY CLAIMS" ITS ALL B'S

3 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Xscape047: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Liverpool down

Rangers up !

3 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by wizygreat2000(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Man United is leading already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by janedonez(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Great
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by slawormiir: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Captain fantastic

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by mastercee(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lampard should learn from him. Start from the bottom and gently work your way up the ladder.

34 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by smile11s(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
Well done Steven Gerrard. He steered this club back to winning ways. He will always be an Ibrox hero as well as an Anfield hero now.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by DontSuckToto: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations to you the Liverpool legend and to all the Rangers team and management.

#DontSuckToto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations to them maybe he will come and save Liverpool as well
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
And Ole is busy leading Man utd to and fro!

3 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by moremuch1(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
That's great news, he was a great player in his playing days and he is now doing well as a coach , Liverpool will be eyeing him to replace klopp who is currently out of luck right now.

meanwhile
check my signature to mine for free a new Cryptocurrency that is about to be launched soonl

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by bluefilm: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
They really deserved it.

I wish they could complete the whole season UNBEATEN.
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by GOFRONT(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good feat
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by oluwasegun007(m): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Na so Lampard sef do that year...use one mumu club win for one yeye league..He almost killed Chelsea undecided

Now this one sef one use amateur CV take over at Anfield.

Well, I wish him all the best

6 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congrats to Steven Gerrard of Rangers FC of Scotland! Na so e be

Anyway, God punish the vulture griller of NL!!!

6 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by kenzysmith: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
Manutd should come for Steven G asap if they want to win the league with the help of the referee and social media
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by adonnii(f): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
nice, definitely he would e proud of himself
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by tutudesz: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
The God's can see Liverpool appointing a new Manager grin

2 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Tectono: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
So, our brother, Joe Aribo, now has carried Scottish League Title. Check out my signature if you want to go into export.

5 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by visijo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
Do you feel jealous when other are progressing? If yes then put your right hand on your chest and say "oh Lord, please I'm a witch, kill me"

2 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by fourboys: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
Klopp it's time
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by uniqueuser(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Future LFC Manager.... Better Than Lampard and Ole Combined!!

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by sonofspada(m): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Steven Gerrard.
My dad called him General then .

Liverpool for live!

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Ayemileto(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Congrats Steven G. Meanwhile I've just seen the first half of Liverpool v Fulham at Anfield and I must say that after watching the premier league for close to 15 years, I still don't understand this league. I've just seen relegation threatened Fulham humble the all conquering Liverpool at home for 45 mins and they're on course to lose 6 straight home games. This doesn't make sense. There's something they're not telling us

Well, I anticipated Fulham's win.

If you watched the first leg, Fulham were leading until around 83 minutes, when Liverpool got a penalty from a handball (A free kick by Liverpool hit a Fulham player's hand).

That game ended 1:1.

If you also watched Tottenham vs Fulham game during the week, they pressurised Tottenham for a major part of the game. Even getting the better statistics.

I have also been following Fulham for a while, they hardly score or concede More than 1 goal.

So, a lot of their games in recent times always end 1:1, 1:0 or 0:1.

They are a solid team and shouldn't even be in the relegation zone, but they kind of have issues with scoring more that 1 goal in a match.

7 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by brandsoncharlie: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Congrats Steven G. Meanwhile I've just seen the first half of Liverpool v Fulham at Anfield and I must say that after watching the premier league for close to 15 years, I still don't understand this league. I've just seen relegation threatened Fulham humble the all conquering Liverpool at home for 45 mins and they're on course to lose 6 straight home games. This doesn't make sense. There's something they're not telling us
So you don't know there's fixed match. How do you want them to pay their bills and others.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' / Mikel Obi Donates N11m To Rio Olympics Team / Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.