Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years (26235 Views)

Balogun, Aribo, Bassey Help Rangers Win First Scottish Cup Title In 13 Years / Liverpool Line Up Steven Gerrard As Potential Replacement For Jurgen Klopp / Celtic Lifts 8 Consecutive Scottish Title At Aberdeen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by blinking001(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
Okay
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Reference(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
Well deserved. Rangers play outstanding soccer and have competed well in Europe for a Scottish team.
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by sureinfo: 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2021
congratulations to him, i would really love to see him coach in the EPL wink
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Livelystone01: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
oluwasegun007:
Na so Lampard sef do that year...use one mumu club win for one yeye league..He almost killed Chelsea undecided

Now this one sef one use amateur CV take over at Anfield.

Well, I wish him all the best
Some of you just jump to comment without trying to at least get facts on what you are trying to say.

Lampard should have stayed with Derby to gain more idea on the job, Gerrard on the other hand, started as an U18 manager at Liverpool before joining Rangers.

Taking Rangers job was a very high risk, it was a club with no direction, no financial strength and a tired fan base who didn't know what to do as at then but he took the job.

This is how you know a good manager; use the little cash you have to maximize results, that's what he did.

He has carried the "Gers" to places in the Europa league by punching above their weights.
He had Napoli and other heavyweights in his group but still qualified. How else do you rate someone with ability if not through Europe, since you wont accept that he did well in his league?

Finally, Gerrard has always been very technical thab Lampard when it comes to critical thinking of the game, though Lampard won more trophies than him due to squad depth and financial muscles between Chelsea and Liverpool then.

Dude can play in any position, from defense to attack, unlike Lampard.

6 Likes

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by AFONJACOW(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Farmers cup.. come to Liverpool and disgrace yourself like Lampard
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by originalprof: 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2021
I am Happy for Joe aribo and Leon balogun.. The Rangers men.. they are playing in Champions league next season Wooaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh... up naija
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Shabaleen:
And Ole is busy leading Man utd to and fro!

Well, it is Man City 0 Man U 2 now...
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by femi4: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
Farmers league
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Polynek(m): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations my man. I developed my love 4 Steven G, in 2005 when they won the UCL. He was very outstanding in dat match, I can't stop watching that flying heading He used to disorganize AC.Millan.
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by lexy2014: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
DesignAndBuild:
Congrats Steven G. Meanwhile I've just seen the first half of Liverpool v Fulham at Anfield and I must say that after watching the premier league for close to 15 years, I still don't understand this league. I've just seen relegation threatened Fulham humble the all conquering Liverpool at home for 45 mins and they're on course to lose 6 straight home games. This doesn't make sense. There's something they're not telling us.

Its not a big deal. Liverpool is doing promo.
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by ikorodureporta: 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2021
Which Liverpool una dey talk here?? no coach for this world fit do any magic. the team is overwhelmed..
Make him go Millwall make we see how good him be
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by 9jaRealist: 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
ogbiwa:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56306235

Congrats to SUPER EAGLES Joe Aribo and Leon Balogun...
As well as Calvin Bassey, for being part of this historic championship!

>
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by 1forall: 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Big congratulations to Rangers!

It's great to clinch the title again after a decade of absolute Celtic dominance due to Rangers' heavy demotion, while also exciting to have a young manager like Stevie G at the helm.

I'm really pleased for the Ibrox faithful especially because it's a thoroughly deserved title achieved in style with superb results and performances - 28 games unbeaten is no mean feat!

As for Gerrard, a couple more seasons managing at this level (SPL/Championship) and he may be ready for an EPL job - lesson there for Frank Lampard.

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by anambraamaka: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Happy for Him
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
OH LAMPARD !!!!
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by selfdefence: 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
nice, definitely he would e proud of himself
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by Ayobami7(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
congrats
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by gnykelly(m): 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

So you don't know there's fixed match. How do you want them to pay their bills and others.

They have to sell matches so shore up their finances. Only the ignorant will not acknowledge that
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by BeerBeerManiple: 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dem no dey telli person. Congrats Gerrardo do capitano.
Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by dochenaj: 12:11am On Mar 08, 2021
mastercee:
Lampard should learn from him. Start from the bottom and gently work your way up the ladder.
Rangers cannot really be termed bottom.

1 Like

Re: Steven Gerrard Leads Rangers To Their First Scottish Title In 10 Years by VerySolid: 2:17am On Mar 08, 2021
He could be the next coach of Liverpool
Very very possible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enter Here For 99.9% Sure Games 5-10 Odds Daily / Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV / Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.