Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament (52688 Views)

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Mathematics Competition (2022) / Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by ThatFairGuy: 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
They wouldn't have let us hear word with "Yeebow Amaka" if to say she's one of them angry
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by zoedew: 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.

Tell us which competition we know about in which you excelled. Even in class!!

5 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Alexis11: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ayiba0911:
Why is her school omitted from the whole story? Dem commit offence?

Read again. patiently this time. cool

6 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Maliqcious: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.
very weak judgement

6 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Kunleforreal(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
That is a good news grin
Please, check my signature for important message
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by mitsuki00: 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good to hear smiley
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Brunicekid(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Pursue a career in Engineering/ICT not Medicine please!!

That's my advice for her.
Exactly, that's the career path (Engineering) she want to follow.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Goldbw122(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
A light in the dark... Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Aleboss(m): 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations to her. Plus i wish Young talented Nigerians would be introduced to chess at early age. Their many smart people in nigeria. Atleast we should have a Grand master from Nigeria but sadly we don't.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2021
Omo Yoruba atata !

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Corroro: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
fantastic, this is NAIJA TO THE WORLD.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Bluffly: 9:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

We are actually intelligent but lack practicality

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by samwillyco1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratulations

See brain

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Why is it paining you like this na? you even went as far as writing this long epistle. Abi the little girl vex u before?

10 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by InvertedHammer: 9:20pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!

Thinking out loud, why is it that it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time that are making Nigeria proud in the areas of education, innovation, sports and entertainment overseas?
/
Because Hausa/Fulani know that no matter your success, you will gladly be subservient to them in Nigeria. Alex Ekwueme (Ph.D) was the VP to Shagari(Grade 2 Teacher) and Osibanjo (Ph.D) is the VP to Buhari (WASC holder). Why bother when they know that the best educated among the Southerners is only good enough to be a loyal servant? grin
shocked
Go figure!
/
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Oizee(f): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

so you were the principal of the school in Capetown that sent anyhow students to another country for a competition?

Kai, honestly I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by lexy2014: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
Where's that clown at irokotv that said he pays 4m as school fees for one child. Why are his children and d children from his childrens school not d ones competing and winning laurels here?

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by SmartPolician: 9:23pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!
These are the Yoruba people I use to know... Brave, intelligent and love for the culture.

Thinking out loud, why is it that it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time that are making Nigeria proud in the areas of education, innovation, sports and entertainment overseas?
That's because other Nigerian tribes don't like going to school.

As a corps member, I taught in Rivers (Okrika) and have lived in Bayelsa. The only thing they understand is to start making quick money through oil bunkering (no insult intended).

I think Edo and Delta are coming up, same as Akwa Ibom and Cross River. The north is still centuries away.

4 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Asswipemod: 9:25pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

If to say na Chibuzor name dem mention now you for don de cum all over the forum. Bigot!

8 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Buffalo2(m): 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
She's a student of THE AMBASSADORS COLLEGE, OTA. grin grin.
She just got crowned as the Queen of Mathematics in Nigeria by Mathematics Association of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by iguita: 9:27pm On Mar 07, 2021
So proud of this girl. Reading her, she sounds so mature. I wish her the very best. I also pray that though she is in Nigeria, Nigeria does not happen to her.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by realray(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
for what na, c'mon guys at least we should be appreciative, if not for bad and wicked leadership nigeria is blessed with everything av u asked urself how come we're succeeding out side in various Countries and to clear ur doubts we av few Nigerians In top position which I know we all knew them ,I don't know maybe is the situation in this country because we're so negative... nigeria is blessed but is not well structured in terms of constitution and leadership but is a Blessed country both resources and brains but not on the Area of leadership......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by toprealman: 9:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
Your maths skills probably came from your mum sweet heart. Doctors are crap in the subject....most doctors cool
This girl will tear WAEC and UTME apart. Hope she writes GRE/SAT and go get the best form of education she deserves.
Bravo!

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Buffalo2(m): 9:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ayiba0911:
Why is her school omitted from the whole story? Dem commit offence?
Punch doesn't want to advertise the school but we know it. She's from The Ambassadors college, Ota.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Pele10: 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
At 15 she already understand that she can't fullfill her potential in this fail nation.surley God will guid you to the top little legend.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by BLoomfrancs(m): 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
When I saw microsoft theme as one of the questions, I knew this was just a mushroom competition. Imagine a meagre $1000 as the grand prize. But when will Nigerians win gold or silver or even bronze in IMO.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Pk01(m): 9:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
Hmm!..may god help me graduate amen...abeg maths no be beans..

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by blueAgent(m): 9:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

I partly agree with you.

We have over bloated EGO
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Royalty5(f): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wow!!! Future Catherine Johnson...... Future is female.....
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Cachetdotng: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
I need this girl for my space missions...to help me manipulate coordinates grin

If you want to learn web design see my signature....aluta continua grin
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by vioment: 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
More blessings to your and our future.

Correct girl.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by doxijaw: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

Agreed...Nigerians need to understand how averages work, but we r still proud of her in a country where even the older generations no get sense, smoking weed all over d place and what not.

Anything positive will do grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) / Condom Vending Machines In South African Schools To Fight HIV, Pregnancies (Pix) / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.