Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:53 AM

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament (52680 Views)

Faith Odunsi Wins Global Mathematics Competition (2022) / Faith Odunsi Crowned "Mathematics Queen" Of Nigeria And Best In The World / Faith Odunsi Smashes Cowbellpedia Records, Answers 19 Questions In 60 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.

Hello bro. Please what are the side effects of sleeping with ashawo?

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by blueAgent(m): 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
realray:
for what na, c'mon guys at least we should be appreciative, if not for bad and wicked leadership nigeria is blessed with everything av u asked urself how come we're succeeding out side in various Countries and to clear ur doubts we av few Nigerians In top position which I know we all knew them ,I don't know maybe is the situation in this country because we're so negative... nigeria is blessed but is not well structured in terms of constitution and leadership but is a Blessed country both resources and brains but not on the Area of leadership......

You see how you contradict yourself?

Blessed with brains but not in Area of leadership?

If we as a nation was blessed with brains as you claim Nigeria would not have been a 3rd World country.

You think a country citizens passing competition or coming out with 1st class is what makes a Country great?
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by juniorstar(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
absolutely dynamite!!!
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by blueAgent(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
Bluffly:

We are actually intelligent but lack practicality

What kind if intelligence is that when you cannot practice what you claim you know?
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by udemzyudex(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:
Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

I remember some years back, a school in the north (name withheld) invited the university of cape Town for a competition. Capetown sent anyhow students just to at least fulfil all righteousness and not disappoint. They got defeated. Next thing, the northern students started bragging on social media that they are a far better school than cape Town lol.

Back to the topic, competitions like these, you don't expect premium attendance. Those Ivy league schools don't get time for such and even if they do, they just send some of their less serious students to attend. Nigerians on the other hands will send the best of the best to compete and at the end of the day start beating their chest over mediocrity.

Funny, the record will always be there get that man, it's just like saying Chelsea will send their under 23 team to play the FA final because they are busy with UEFA champions league.

who does that?

5 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Ishilove: 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2021
Kai, Chairman doing wonders. Ambassadors College going from glory to glory smiley
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Beremx(f): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ambassadors College have been producing mathematicians. No be today. They have been winning the Cowbellpedia challenge too.

Rumors have it that the school belongs to Seun’s family.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
HOD THANK YOU FOR SUCH BRAINY KID
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by harmony75: 9:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
Congratssssss dearie more success ���
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Skhibanj1015(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
You must be a big fool!

quote author=KingAzubuike post=99692621] Just watch how because of this lonewolf incidence, Nigerians will come out to say Nigerians are the most intelligent in the world.. We too like hyping ourselves. I can't forget an argument I had with someone claiming Nigeria has the best army in the world.. I was like wtf!. Where do these clowns get their misinformation from.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by iJhoe(m): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

just maybe you are right but, the last paragraph got me and that's where you are 200% wrong and illogically incorrect. No school in and outside Nigeria, even Ivy league schools- quote your eloquence will field incompetent students for continental competitions. it's bad and unprecedented for their reputation. saying ivy league schools will present less brilliant for competition is like saying Harvard and Oxford don't care much about winning any if not all major tertiary competitions in the world. such competitions put them on the map of the very best so, cut me some slacks, craps and shits

Odunsi is literally brilliant, and she did well. it's nothing bad to acknowledge excellence. it won't bite

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Ever8090: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

what have you ever come out top in your life apart from envying others?

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by sammysmiles(m): 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

So What Point are you driving at now?

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by drlateef: 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

You are dead wrong on schools in Ivy League not sending their students for such completions. The truth is that they do. I know because I know. If you want to know how I know, contact me privately. Schools abroad send their pupils to competitions and they like it a lot. Mathematics Olympiad is competed among children in Set 1 for maths in U.K. So don’t give people wrong impression.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by colestephan86: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingOdart:

www.punchng.com/how-i-defeated-uk-us-chinese-pupils-others-at-global-maths-competition-15-year-old-nigerian
There are over 100,000 individuals that are 10 times more capable of leading this country that buhari.
It's so unfortunate that there is no leader in the country where this girl comes from,.

1 Like

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by AFONJACOW(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
In 20yrs to come those he defeated will be CEO and company owners while the person defeated them will end up at ijubu market hawking beans and agege bread. Irony of life
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by SenecaTheYonger: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
InventTech:
There is just something beautific about mathematics, it's complexity, combinations and unusual but visually-satisfying texture.
Such an amazingly gifted young Chap.
Kudos to her teacher - the unsung hero.

The only thing satisfying about maths is when you get the correct answer lol
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by realray(m): 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
blueAgent:

You see how you contradict yourself?

Blessed with brains but not in Area of leadership?

If we as a nation was blessed with brains as you claim Nigeria would not have been a 3rd World country.

You think a country citizens passing competition or coming out with 1st class is what makes a Country great?

in what way? is it the one in aso Rock that doesn't av waec result were is the brain in his leadership, don't u see that it's dsame people that has been ruling us from the 90's and 80's they are still ruling us till date that's why we're so backwards because they gat no brains, if u think we don't have Brains here go outside (travel and make research) and u will see Nigerians making waves, so bro I disagree with you
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2021
Let me tell you how this child's future will end up.

she will either move abroad and stay there to fulfill her potential and will end up making headlines or she will end up a frustrated broke genius in Nigeria!
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by 001spice: 10:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike. If that girl was ur sister am sure u won`t allow that ur stupid 2 left hand to type the rubbish u posted.hate kill u there. Stupid stinky asshole bitch
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by mechanics(m): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2021
Wow, she's intelligent.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by oluwafemiabioye(f): 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingOdart:

www.punchng.com/how-i-defeated-uk-us-chinese-pupils-others-at-global-maths-competition-15-year-old-nigerian

Congratulations dear,

Maths usually defy all the rules in higher level, especially pure maths.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by LikeAking: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Pursue a career in Engineering/ICT not Medicine please!!

That's my advice for her.

I have found my missing ribs.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by BREYZ: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2021
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by streetsoldier1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Ekealterego:
Yoruba Amaka!!!
These are the Yoruba people I use to know... Brave, intelligent and love for the culture.

Thinking out loud, why is it that it mostly Igbos and Yorubas (96%) of the time that are making Nigeria proud in the areas of education, innovation, sports and entertainment overseas?

Abokis love Nigeria so they dont travel
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by aysnoopy(m): 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Pursue a career in Engineering/ICT not Medicine please!!

That's my advice for her.

But if u read it, u won't give her this advice
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by benjsniper33: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

I think this is negative thinking

In spite of poor quality of education & learning facilities in Nigeria, the girl defied the odds and won the competition. I think we should commend her for that

The west and the Asians (Especially the Chinese) are always wanting to show aggressively that they are better than everyone else, and of course they field their best in all competitions.

There is nothing special in Ivy League schools , of course they got the names and record but most of the best people currently running the world in all sections are not even university graduates.

Let's appreciate the girl , let's not react to her tribe or her nationality but let's believe that at least black people in the most appallingly conditions can shine bright even when the whole world looks down on us.

Let's value our own , and let's stop this lack of self-believe in ourselves.

Later you might agree with the whiteman when he says black people are inferior.

We are talking about a global teenage-based math competition you're here talking about Ivy League schools.

How does that correlate?

P.s - I know you may come at me with angry vitriols and insults. I will not respond to you, I believe I've made my point.

3 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by simkard: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2021
Where did you get your analysis? Because she’s not from family.
KingAzubuike:

2 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by Kokaine(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
KingAzubuike:

don't be a kill joy. learn to clap and stop all this grammar you're speaking. Nigerians are not the worst people on earth. we are trying. a rose growing from the concrete is worth the applause. please. drink cold water, pay your landlord, take your bp medicines, use a treadmill daily and sleep early. you will be fine.

4 Likes

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by theFilmtric: 10:52pm On Mar 07, 2021
Beremx:
Ambassadors College have been producing mathematicians. No be today. They have been winning the Cowbellpedia challenge too.

Rumors have it that the school belongs to Seun’s family.
its true
I live here in Ota
The school's main focus is maths
Right from Jss1 they start training the mathematically bright ones
They even have special maths teachers

theFilmtricsay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by emmachigbo: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
It's attractive to find a girl with academic brain.
Re: Faith Odunsi Wins Global Open Mathematics Tournament by TheGift: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2021
Oh please! You sound bitter. Like you prefer news that supports your all round negative perception of the country and its people. Talking about "those IVY League schools" blah blah blah... You obviously don't even know what 'IVY league schools' are, even though you think you do. If you doubt me -just 'google' it. Mtcheew.
KingAzubuike:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden (pictures) / Condom Vending Machines In South African Schools To Fight HIV, Pregnancies (Pix) / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.