Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go (36064 Views)

My Fiance Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go / Man Cries Out After Falling Sick Anytime He Makes Love With His GF Who's A Cheat / Is Accepting A Cheat Back Strength Or Weakness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by 99thEnemy(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Men the way things are going in marriages, I don't think I'm ready o, after all the happiness they show us on wedding days all of a sudden life partners become enemies Nawawo

Aswearugad bros
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Roseey0(f): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Pls HIV aids is real
Herpes virus
Hepatitis
STDs— particularly chlamydia and gonorrhea. If untreated(many infected women have no symptoms) causes scarring or damage of the fallopian tubes.

Be carefull

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Wealthier: 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
Chuky902:
First of all, sorry for the heartbreak...

My advice for you is to end the relationship and move on with your life...

Using this sentence "ALL MEN CHEAT" is something that I hate so much... And most guys use that as an excuse to hurt the lady they claim to love... Is it wrong to be committed in a relationship? Is it wrong to love just one guy/lady? Is it wrong to respect your woman same she respects you in a relationship? The answers to all this is NO!

As a lady that is committed/faithful in a relationship, you deserve someone who is committed/faithful just like you and not someone who is unfaithful and still see nothing wrong in it...

We still have men out there that are faithful �..

You will definitely meet one along the way... But make sure you don't have sex (fornicate) with them along the way!

RUN Lady... RUN FAR FROM HIM!!!

Coming from a guy, I respect your input. What else I do not ever understand is how men always expect loyalty from their women but most can't live up to the same expectation.
Imagine the dude always snoops her phone, social media e.t.c to check on his woman that she doesn't ever have skeletons.
Op, ask yourself, can your man ever accept the same words he dished you? Can he ever accept you cheat on him with a man not to talk of several men?

Are you ready to take him as he as a cheat forever? Do you think you will ever have a rest of mind with him?

Are you sure you will not become vindictive and your jealousy out of control if you carry on?

Are you ready?

Do you think he will ever change? How many % of cheating partners have you heard of that changed and became loyal?

If your answer is yes, then I wish you all the best.

I'd suggest you weigh the advice being given to you here CAREFULLY.

2 Likes

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Oluromantic: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
awa:

You can advise for Africa
Lol. I wan stop am sef
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Ikemefuna44: 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oluromantic:
Hmmm I'm afraid I have both of you to blame. I do not support what he did but you too are just beginning to understand the life of a man. Most men do it but your man was wrong in that he didn't place you high enough over others. You are probably one of the kind of women who get deeply pained over cheating. For you at this level of getting close to marriage and still have the inkling that there's no tendency for him to cheat is being unrealistic. I'm not saying he has d right to cheat but for a woman who's ready to stay in marriage, you shd have learnt before now to take your mind off his cheating tendency. I guess that wasn't included in your upbringing or self training. That's what your mom-in-law was trying to figure out for you..like a woman who wants to last in husband house must close her eyes off her husband's cheating tendency blabla.

For him not to groom you from the onset that he's a free man sexually so as to prepare your mind for what you're coming into is also wrong. For him to tell his side chicks that you're in his life is good, it shows he values you despite their sexual service...some men will deny their wives. But for them to call you names like witch and he's comfortable with it is wrong. Strangely, there are some ladies who even work out chicks for their fiance when they're not around. But it's d man who shd be careful not to misbehave.

This is true for many men. They'll see other girls they like but won't place them above you.

But from your description of him, he seem not to care about your respect. When some men will frown at side chicks for abusing their wives both in her presence and absence, he was too flexible that they have no regard for you. Then also, you need to ignore the number of girls you saw on his phone, it's not always like that. Before a man gets a girl to sleep with, he has to toast about 3-5 before one succumbs, shakara won't let others. So it doesn't mean he's sleeping with 10 girls at the moment.

This is the stupidest advice and silliest comment I have seen on this forum. Avoid this advice/comment the same way you will avoid vipers and puff adders. Ignore this advice/comment the same way you will ignore a madman on the road. Disregard this advice/comment the same way you would disregard a fool sneering at you. If you listen to @Oluromantic, you do so at your peril.

In a relationship, cheating is wrong in all ramifications; cheating should never be accepted by a partner; cheating should not be encouraged by any partner.

Your boyfriend is a serial cheat; that's not the worst part. The worse part is that he is not remorseful; he is not assuring he will not do it again; he does not see cheating as something bad. Baby girl, don't get stuck with a man like him. A man who has normalised cheating. He will cheat again, again and again, and each time, the fault is on you.

You have a lot to lose if you linger with this serial cheat you call your man. First, the relationship will not be the same again: the trust is gone; your peace of mind will be muddled up and you will become restless because you will be suspicious of each of his moves, who he is chatting with, dealing with and so on. Second, you stand a chance of contracting a sexually transmitted infection, chief among them is HIV/AIDS. If you catch HIV/AIDS it is over for you. Third, if you stick with him, you will lose your entire self-worth and self-respect before him. Believe me, his cheating will be "on your face". He will be knacking girls in your presence and may even invite you for a party or make you watch while he bleeps his bitch. This man will never respect you; he will never value you and in the end, he will not marry you: he will dump you like a used tampon.

It is hard and might be one of the hardest decisions you have ever made. Leave him. Leave now, while you still have some piece of your life intact. Leave now while there is still some self-worth to hold onto.

Finally, let me emphasise this: all men do NOT cheat. There are still some loyal-committed men out there. There are still some men who stay true to their vows. Though no man is perfect don' be deceived by the unfounded generalisation that all men cheat. It is not true.

4 Likes

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
For me, you need to leave that relationship. Such people are the type that will control your entire life when you finally get married to them. Narcissist has a bait of outward kindness, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.It's good you've known him.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by investorMK(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
Michelle55:

Enemy of progress.. My God pass you cry
okay ma'am
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Analysiscorner: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
Follow your heart. Every human is born free. No man can cage you. If you don't want a cheating husband, don't listen to his pleas.
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2021
Zzor:
So a chronic cheat like you has the nerves to insult me yesterday, wasted sperm.I will always quote you at my own will get that into your skull
I will allow Dominique take care of you as a woman cos you're just an irrelevant being to me..
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2021
JidennaJason:
I will allow Dominique take care of you as a woman cos you're just an irrelevant being to me..
The same Dominique will also attend to you over the unnecessary insults that warrants this
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Lillysbee: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
I hope of the tables are turned you will still answer like this.

OP if your peace is threatened please leave. You will be alone for a while buy someone of your kind will definitely find you.
Your fiance has never lost anything valuable that's why he still chests. Be the first to call his bluff

Oluromantic:
Hmmm I'm afraid I have both of you to blame. I do not support what he did but you too are just beginning to understand the life of a man. Most men do it but your man was wrong in that he didn't place you high enough over others. You are probably one of the kind of women who get deeply pained over cheating. For you at this level of getting close to marriage and still have the inkling that there's no tendency for him to cheat is being unrealistic. I'm not saying he has d right to cheat but for a woman who's ready to stay in marriage, you shd have learnt before now to take your mind off his cheating tendency. I guess that wasn't included in your upbringing or self training. That's what your mom-in-law was trying to figure out for you..like a woman who wants to last in husband house must close her eyes off her husband's cheating tendency blabla.

For him not to groom you from the onset that he's a free man sexually so as to prepare your mind for what you're coming into is also wrong. For him to tell his side chicks that you're in his life is good, it shows he values you despite their sexual service...some men will deny their wives. But for them to call you names like witch and he's comfortable with it is wrong. Strangely, there are some ladies who even work out chicks for their fiance when they're not around. But it's d man who shd be careful not to misbehave.

This is true for many men. They'll see other girls they like but won't place them above you.

But from your description of him, he seem not to care about your respect. When some men will frown at side chicks for abusing their wives both in her presence and absence, he was too flexible that they have no regard for you. Then also, you need to ignore the number of girls you saw on his phone, it's not always like that. Before a man gets a girl to sleep with, he has to toast about 3-5 before one succumbs, shakara won't let others. So it doesn't mean he's sleeping with 10 girls at the moment.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Oluromantic: 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
Lillysbee:
I hope of the tables are turned you will still answer like this.

OP if your peace is threatened please leave. You will be alone for a while buy someone of your kind will definitely find you.
Your fiance has never lost anything valuable that's why he still chests. Be the first to call his bluff

I did not advice her to stay neither. After reading through my explanation, the choice to stay or leave is hers. Every woman can't be like you. Women are of different natures. Funny enough, she may not even leave

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Jossyfine(f): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Thanks my darlin Sister for this wonderful advice,, am not seeing any blame game on the guy cus he's a male. If it's the lady that was been promiscuous, this place would have be burned down with insult.

Those men that know they can't keep their third leg in check should not bother going into marriage Cuz many married women have grown past the Era of been emotional and dying young cus of a cheating man. Now if you cheat on ur wife with a young girl, she will cheat back on you with a younger fresher more energetic baby boy�.
Please, don't quote me ooo. Am not feeling fine mbok

chinonyinye:
Somebody that has told her that he will always cheat. It's suprising that no one is slamming the man compared to if it was a woman. Op, the only thing i will tell you is to go ahead if you're not afraid of STDs, him having children outside or him bringing the women home or even threat afterall he has justified his cheating and isnt remorseful. As for those advising her to stay, can you take a cheating partner or advise your sister to stay in such a r/ship? Afterall, whats good for the gander is good for the goose.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by starnigeria: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
.An upright man/ woman who has never cheated and in the class of 1% is becos you have never been caught in the act.

There are some words that flow out scornly from the mouth in the rage of an heated arguments. Upon srutiny and analysis might just be an attempt to score a point at their patners. Nevertheless, a smart couple shoulder be able to decipher the true strength of their patner comments, particularly spoken words, and how much it can be translated into action or reality. what do i mean, i may make a threatening vows of 1 % and in reality can be carried out by 99% implementation. So also can make similar threat by 99% in spoken word but in reality and face value i meant it implemented by 1%. This has to do with psychoanalysis by patners to evaluate the weight of spoken words and its true meaning during hot arguments.

Depending on couple chemistry, they can have hot debate like 5times a month while others once in a year. Are u telling me , once heated debates like this comes up it synonymous to red flags. The implication of this is that we may be witnessing per seconds billing break up in couples relationship whenever both proven and unproven infidelity issues arise.

Bottomline, Every acts and verily! every action has attached to it consequence. There are several consequences to being a cheat and non cheaters. So also taking to good or bad advices on Nairaland.

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by sodiamond: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
Your Fiance is wicked and unrepentant. Not one, not two, infact he's a dog. Run for your life
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Viserion:
since it doesn't seem like he would change, start cheating also and see who will succumb, any meat you see, climb it, any balls you see suck it, any guy you see follow him, unleash the hidden runs girl in you. An eye for an eye, he cheats with one do it with five.. Make him regret knowing you and thank me later

Easier said than done. Women tend to lose more when they keep multiple lovers.
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by DedeNkem: 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
AdesewaAde:
So recently, I’ve been having this feeling that my fiancé is a cheat, I’m not a type of woman who do choke my partner or check his phones cause I respect his privacy, even though he has always been checking my phone, going through my social media accounts and all other things, sometimes he will use my fingers to unlock my phone while sleeping just to go through it.

We’ve been dating since 2018, we became best of friends and our families are cool together, he is caring and jovial, he doesn’t hide things from me most especially financial issues, our social lives are almost the same, in short we are good together. We planned to do our engagement last year December but due to the way things were last year we postponed it and decided to pick another date, though I now spend half of my days at his place.

Fast forward to January this year, I started seeing some red signs that he is a cheat, many times I took his phone to unlock and go through since I know his passwords but I will drop it again cause there is no way I will check his phone without seeing things that will tamper with my peace of mind, since then, I’ve decided to open my eyes and ears more wider.

Later on , I discovered that anytime I am around, his phones were always on airplane mode, he only works on system, my heart started asking me different questions but I kept calm and I continued with my quest to catch him red handed, though I confronted him that he is cheating but he laughed at me and said 95% of men do cheat but he is among the remaining 5% that doesn’t.

Last month, we both decided to go on vacation, it was then I saw that I was actually in a relationship with a dog like person. There was a particular number that kept calling him, maybe he forgot to put the phone on airplane mode, at first I overlooked it but the number kept on calling about 59 times, it was then that I decided to pick it up and I heard a female voice, she said “you asshole, so you decided not to pick my calls because she is around, come online, I left you a message there” my heart skipped, who was she referring to as “she”? It was then I decided to unlock his phone for the first time and I just wish I didn’t do that, my eyes were heavy with tears as I was reading all sorts of conversations between him and different girls, not one, not two, not three, about ten of them, some even sent him nude pictures, he already bleeped some, some are still under format, two of them are new preys. I cried, many of them even know me, one even referred to me as his witch, I wept bitterly, I was on this weeping when he entered the room and saw me crying, all he could say was that how will I touch his phone in the first place.

He later apologised, after the much argument, I started parking my things to come back to out state, I told him I am done with the relationship, he started laughing at me and started shouting at the top of his voice “ babe you must be crazy, you are definitely out of your mind, how on earth must you think you can leave the relationship that I summoned up so much courage to ask you out? Listen woman, even if I cheat everyday, I can’t leave you, the truth is I will always cheat, I will apologise if been caught but I can’t ever place any woman above you,vI met our pastor in the hotel with another babe the last time I went to hotel for quickie with one chick, if pastors do cheat, who am I not to. At least you have the key to everything I have, if my parents can’t reach me, they will deliver the message to you, are you hungry? Are you looking rough? Do you want sex and I denied you? So what else should be your problem with me cheating “

I was short of words, he wasn’t even remorseful, I left there angrily and he kept calling, later he called his parents to explain the issues to them and they called me and pleaded, to make the situation worse his mom also said all men cheat. He has been threatening me that he won’t allow me to marry any other person, guys I’m really confused, please what can I do now, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with a man who doesn’t have taste.

If you love yourself DON'T go back to him. When someone shows who they're believe them. If he threatens you, report him to the police immediately.

He's a horrible person and doesn't deserve you! His mother is a fool to support her son's cheating. Trust me, you don't wanna have her as your mother-law. Like mother like son. Tell all of them to f*uck off!

Move on with your life, there are many men out there who will truly love and cherish you. Not all men cheat! I'm happily married for many years now and both faithful to each other.

Good luck!
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by IhateInjustice(f): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
OkoNDOoBo:
testetereone in women which is responsible for sex drive is very low women except for few cases.
of course there re men that dont cheat unfortunately they belong to 10%. When the 10% eventually get married and re faithful to the spouse you ladies will be left with the 90% cheaters to choose from

Is that so? mr researcher that knows the exact percentage of people that cheat and people that don't undecided
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
Zzor:
The same Dominique will also attend to you over the unnecessary insults that warrants this
What a waste....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by ruffkenny: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
He will never change,forget about him and move on..
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by frozen70(f): 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2021
AdesewaAde:
So recently, I’ve been having this feeling that my fiancé is a cheat, I’m not a type of woman who do choke my partner or check his phones cause I respect his privacy, even though he has always been checking my phone, going through my social media accounts and all other things, sometimes he will use my fingers to unlock my phone while sleeping just to go through it.

We’ve been dating since 2018, we became best of friends and our families are cool together, he is caring and jovial, he doesn’t hide things from me most especially financial issues, our social lives are almost the same, in short we are good together. We planned to do our engagement last year December but due to the way things were last year we postponed it and decided to pick another date, though I now spend half of my days at his place.

Fast forward to January this year, I started seeing some red signs that he is a cheat, many times I took his phone to unlock and go through since I know his passwords but I will drop it again cause there is no way I will check his phone without seeing things that will tamper with my peace of mind, since then, I’ve decided to open my eyes and ears more wider.

Later on , I discovered that anytime I am around, his phones were always on airplane mode, he only works on system, my heart started asking me different questions but I kept calm and I continued with my quest to catch him red handed, though I confronted him that he is cheating but he laughed at me and said 95% of men do cheat but he is among the remaining 5% that doesn’t.

Last month, we both decided to go on vacation, it was then I saw that I was actually in a relationship with a dog like person. There was a particular number that kept calling him, maybe he forgot to put the phone on airplane mode, at first I overlooked it but the number kept on calling about 59 times, it was then that I decided to pick it up and I heard a female voice, she said “you asshole, so you decided not to pick my calls because she is around, come online, I left you a message there” my heart skipped, who was she referring to as “she”? It was then I decided to unlock his phone for the first time and I just wish I didn’t do that, my eyes were heavy with tears as I was reading all sorts of conversations between him and different girls, not one, not two, not three, about ten of them, some even sent him nude pictures, he already bleeped some, some are still under format, two of them are new preys. I cried, many of them even know me, one even referred to me as his witch, I wept bitterly, I was on this weeping when he entered the room and saw me crying, all he could say was that how will I touch his phone in the first place.

He later apologised, after the much argument, I started parking my things to come back to out state, I told him I am done with the relationship, he started laughing at me and started shouting at the top of his voice “ babe you must be crazy, you are definitely out of your mind, how on earth must you think you can leave the relationship that I summoned up so much courage to ask you out? Listen woman, even if I cheat everyday, I can’t leave you, the truth is I will always cheat, I will apologise if been caught but I can’t ever place any woman above you,vI met our pastor in the hotel with another babe the last time I went to hotel for quickie with one chick, if pastors do cheat, who am I not to. At least you have the key to everything I have, if my parents can’t reach me, they will deliver the message to you, are you hungry? Are you looking rough? Do you want sex and I denied you? So what else should be your problem with me cheating “

I was short of words, he wasn’t even remorseful, I left there angrily and he kept calling, later he called his parents to explain the issues to them and they called me and pleaded, to make the situation worse his mom also said all men cheat. He has been threatening me that he won’t allow me to marry any other person, guys I’m really confused, please what can I do now, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life with a man who doesn’t have taste.

My dear Sister, men cheats and there is little or nothing a woman can do about it

Left for me, go ahead with him. If cheating is his only problem and he is wonderful in all other areas, then he has no fault or problems

When they are tired of cheating they come back home with their two legs

Even women too cheats and their husband can't do anything about it

A cheating man can still love his wife more than anything

The more you go through his phones the more you will see things that will make you hate men for life
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Memyselfu2009(m): 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Babe run for your life. You can never enjoy the marriage
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by jamesfield: 12:06am On Mar 10, 2021
shocked
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by slimjosh43: 2:02am On Mar 10, 2021
AdesewaAde:

How on earth will you still say you are confused? Dump his sorry ass jawe.
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Viserion: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2021
toren:

Easier said than done. Women tend to lose more when they keep multiple lovers.
please elaborate
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Viserion:
please elaborate

Overstretching of the woman's privates, for example.

Accelerates aging (so I heard)
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
AdesewaAde:
Hummmm

May God help me

Pls I beg you in God's holy name, be strong. Don't go back to him.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by squad03: 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
PrettyBunny:
I'm reading so many disgusting replies but I would rather not comment on them..

Cheating is not a shortcoming of anyone and should never be accepted in a relationship. It's not a mistake and neither is it part of ups and downs of any relationship.

Any man that believes every man must, should be castrated. Only a man that lacks priority in life and has no intention of treating any woman right, believes every man must cheat. It's a disgusting way of life.

I am sure you know that this man isn't your rightful partner. Whatever truly belongs you won't embarrass you.

My advise? End every pending relationship with him, take your time and heal up. Then look for what truly belongs to you. This current man is a dirty scumbag and shouldn't taint your beautiful life.

I wish you good luck in all your endeavors.

Shift please let me sit next to you...I like it here where common sense is.
I was finding it difficult to wrap my head around all the frightful comments I've been reading.

Cheers
Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by squad03: 8:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Dear OP,
Prioritize yourself and your peace of mind please.
The marital journey is long and often turbulent without the added burden of a classless,emotionless partner.
Don't test yourself!

Certainly,you must know what you can deal with,no do pass yourself.

There are things you surely shouldn't compromise on when making the choice of a life partner and his ego shouldn't be on the list.

This one na the reddest shade of red flags
,I'm not concerned about his cheating o if you can deal but the lack of remorse will keep hurting you time after time..

Don't try to fix him,it's not your job to.
Walk away with your sanity,God will reward you with someone who will be responsible with your emotions.

1 Like

Re: He Is A Cheat, Yet Won’t Let Me Go by tessyluv24(f): 10:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Just look at people telling her to take her mind off cheating cos she's a lady abi. This life especially in Africa, women take a lot of nonsense. If she were to be the cheat in this context, they (men) would have judged & condemned her. A man is allowed to cheat cos of the philosophy that they are polygamous. What a society!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Moral Twitter Covers A Lady In Bikini With Traditional Outfit / Lady Accuses Girl Of Dating Her Father In Benin. Confronts Her With Her Friends / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Of 5 Years On A Plane (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.