Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) (44595 Views)

Traffic Offenders In 12 Nigerian States Pay N2.1bn Fines In 9 Months, Lagos Lead / 2023 Elections: Nigerian Youths Tell US, UK Those Who Deserve Visa Ban / US Bans Citizens From Travelling To 12 Nigerian States (see Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by nyiamfrank: 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
BVM
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fumilayo Rasome Kuti and Brymo has a striking resemblance. Great women
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by just2endowed: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fiscus105:
Okonjo iweala, Dora akinyuli, Stella adedovah are the 3 exceptional in the list that deserve it

mehn, its because you dont know history. Fumilayo story is the most touching and i kind of wonder how her world was like. Did you know the British government was also against her internationally?
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Pearlyakin(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
Where's Moremi Ajasoro and Alaafin Orompotoniyun.
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Tonnyray: 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
Dr Stella Adadevoh has my undisputed vote to be on the naira note.
There are too many irrelevant people that can be readily replaced.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Kingsleystunner(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cheesy

Tell her to do something tangible.

brother calm down �
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Yoighaman(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2021
They are all great women.

For me, Dora Akunyili and Stella Adadevoh.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Nwa4Jesus(f): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
The list is not complete because I didn't see my name there.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by AFvckingAlpha(m): 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
Nwa4Jesus:
The list is not complete because I didn't see my name there.

The fvck

bitch!

You deserve to be there for fvcking around.
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by 77up(m): 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
Op you rubbished that beautiful list with inclusion of obi ezikusili abi wetting benher name undecided
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by dapadawee: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/iwd-2021-celebrating-12-nigerian-women-who-deserve-a-place-on-the-naira-note
God saved this op I think say I go see bobrisky or Tonto or iyabo ojo or Aisha Yusuf I for break your head
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by UnimkeAk(m): 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
cheesy

Tell her to do something tangible.
Ouch , this hurts !
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Donspicey: 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
Shalommy:
Better put my name there because i will become the first nigeria female president. cool

In the future abi?...
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by dangermouse(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
SegFault:
I'm not sure about the past three ones but the rest deserve it. Even this NOI you are all hyping remember that she was part of Jonathan's useless regime. I can't believe a mass murderer has a place on our note.
why does she not deserve it. After fumilayo, Margret. Gambo and Akunyili, she is the next. The rest follows.
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Nathan2016: 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
SegFault:
I'm not sure about the past three ones but the rest deserve it. Even this NOI you are all hyping remember that she was part of Jonathan's useless regime. I can't believe a mass murderer has a place on our note.

So a finance minister is in charge of a defense or is the COAF?
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by madridsta007(m): 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/iwd-2021-celebrating-12-nigerian-women-who-deserve-a-place-on-the-naira-note
Ayo Obe who is now a full-blown Buharist, lending her voice especially on Twitter to defend the Buhari regime.

I am not sure she would want to accept this sort of "honour".

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by CSTRR: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
just2endowed:

mehn, its because you dont know history. Fumilayo story is the most touching and i kind of wonder how her world was like. Did you know the British government was also against her internationally?
It is still the same today.

The British are not our friends and they exert a huge influence in this country proping up bad governance and northern dominance.

They are not as brazen as France but they wield serious influence through the shadows.

Any serious reforms of this country will need to go through Britain and be sure that they will oppose it.

They don't like progressives and revolutionaries.
They like a docile North that will maintain the status quo.

Interests are permanent, and British interest have not changed since the time of Ahmadu Bello and azikiwe.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by 24SEVEN: 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
I DID NOT SEE THAT YORUBA FRAUD CALLED KEMI ADEOSUN grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by CSTRR: 6:05pm On Mar 08, 2021
I saw a video last week of catriona Liang the UK ambassador to Nigeria paying respect at the grave of Ahmadu Bello, and I shook my head in realisation that Britain has not changed since the 50s and 60s.

When was the last time the UK ambassador paid a visit to Zik's mauloseum or awolowo's grave?

It tells you everything you need to know.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
what of Patience OZokwo??
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by CSTRR: 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
Any serious reform of this country that does not account for Britain's opposition is not serious.

America will need to approve any serious constitutional or structural reform in Nigeria.

And America has subcontracted Africa to France and Britain their Euro allies.

Their decision is what Washington will stamp as binding.
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Iscoalarcon: 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
scholes0:
PLEASE why exactly should that number 1 (Amina of Zazzau) be there?

Or am I missing something? The only reason why it is spectacular that a woman occupied a role of leadership in society is because she is a northern figure.
The likes of Queen Luwoo of Ife, Moremi, Efunsetan Aniwura, Queen Idia of Benin and several others have always been venerated female models in other Nigerian regions way before the likes of queen Amina. And yet she deserves to be there because her own is different or..... I don't get.
Amina is not an ordinary queen( wife of a queen) but the ruler of her people that's what makes her different from low budget queens like Luwoo et al
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by JuanDeDios: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
BigBrowser:
Add my mother's name there
Amina killed many people. How many has your mother killed?

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by mayor1814: 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
My List.

Stella ADADEVOH

Dora AKUNYILI

Margaret EKPO

Funmilayo RANSOME KUTI

Ngozi OKONJO IWEALA

Amina MOHAMMED
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Mutaultope(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
MY MOM should also be on that list .
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by gaddafe(m): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
one thing we should not forget is that :

1. Fumilayo Ransome Kuti - Obasanjo sent soldiers to throw her out from her window. This fact is important in our history.

2. Dora Akunyili - she is not only known for her work as a civil servant in NAFDAC but with what she did as a federal minister during the time of Yaradua when every minister and notable people told us that Yaradua was healthy. she was the first person ( elite) that came out boldly to say Yaradua was no longer fit to rule as a president.

1 Like

Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by tonee45: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2021
Islie:

Must it be on the Naira notes that we should honour them?
We can build libraries, primary schools, technical institutions. Recreational parks, etc. Let our currency have value before thinking of adding more heads to it.
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by feedthenation(m): 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2021
---All these great women can be featured on the naira note---
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Pussybender(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Remove obaseki name there
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Yankee101: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2021
Some honors are not given while you're alive
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by Mozegee: 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
Why Rubish
NASTYNASOSO:
RUBBISH
Re: Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
To all good,virtuous and hard working women in the d world ....I celebrate u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Many Dramas Of Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Who Tried To Silence Co-senator / Unveiling President Jonathan’s Classmates & His Msc, Phd Supervisor / Heavily Pregnant Daughter Of Pres Jonathan Attends His Thanksgiving Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.