Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? (47689 Views)

A Reply To: "What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria?", Climate Change / Top 10 Cancer Causing Foods We Eat Daily / Mortuary Rejects Man’s Corpse After Causing Commotion In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Melison(m): 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
Today own for my area go bake bread

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Ogbodavies(m): 9:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
buhari
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Obinnau(m): 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
It's freezing cold here
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by mechanics(m): 9:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Lol, same here, it's climate change o.
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by edoairways: 10:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Cc:As received
Dear all,
We have all noticed recently that the heat of the day and the night is unbearably high. According to experts, this is due to heat waves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gases. The Meteorological Agency is warning us to prepare for warmer days and nights. This preparedness will require smart adaptation strategies and participation in climate change resilient practices to cope with the damage caused.
Common effects of heat waves on humans are dehydration which can lead to unconsciousness or death, chickenpox, heat rash, and psychological stress.
In order to cope with the current climatic conditions, the experts advised to:

1. Drink more water to stay hydrated.
2. Keep a water bottle with us to remind us to take water.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks during this time.
4. Reduce the consumption of foods high in protein (eg red meats) as they increase metabolic heat.
5. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables which are better options.
6. Monitor our blood pressure to make sure we are within the normal range.
7. Stay indoors (in our home or office) between noon and 3 pm each day as much as possible.
8. Take cold water baths before going to bed at night.

Let us therefore strive to comply with it because our life depends on it.
Let's be kind to share the information with everyone we know.

10 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by zanshi: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Lack of tress, too much pollution from generators, population explosion in urban areas.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Na all of una wey Dey quick to say “God punish this county”. Maybe he’s finally listening.
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
joshjc:
Because we no longer plant trees in our compounds anymore, those who have trees in there compounds don't complain of heat
You are right .

2 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Oyerinde16(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Baba, I had to fix my home AC... Car AC blazing... Office AC gan top notch... Church set na near fan I de sedon... I can't come and burn

6 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by shadeyinka(m): 10:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gbagura:
I've been experiencing serious heats in my area for days now. Even fan can't control it any longer. The fan keep blowing hot air. I'm so frustrated right now.

Is anyone feeling this heat or it's just me?
1. The sun is overhead (requirement for the rains) and no cloud cover to shield the ground from direct radiation
2. Wind is not blowing because of equilibrium between N-S wind and S-N winds.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by shegzhkn: 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Romanoff:
Climate change. The seasons as we know it is changing. In Abuja, we were still seeing Harmattan by 1st of March. Na now the heat start. Heat period wey dey start begining of February, the Harmattan we saw in February was the intensity of the ones we usually experienced in December.

Young lady ... you smart.

What can i say ... you have science related background ??
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Abayolaid: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Its Too Much sun
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by opey112(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
That's one of the reasons we must do all we should to ensure we make Heaven.
If we are so uncomfortable with what we see now, then imagine the Hotness and pains in Hell Fire.
GOD Almighty give seeus Wisdom
no hell fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Patrioticman007(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
edoairways:
Cc:As received
Dear all,
We have all noticed recently that the heat of the day and the night is unbearably high. According to experts, this is due to heat waves resulting from the emission of greenhouse gases. The Meteorological Agency is warning us to prepare for warmer days and nights. This preparedness will require smart adaptation strategies and participation in climate change resilient practices to cope with the damage caused.
Common effects of heat waves on humans are dehydration which can lead to unconsciousness or death, chickenpox, heat rash, and psychological stress.
In order to cope with the current climatic conditions, the experts advised to:

1. Drink more water to stay hydrated.
2. Keep a water bottle with us to remind us to take water.
3. Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks during this time.
4. Reduce the consumption of foods high in protein (eg red meats) as they increase metabolic heat.
5. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables which are better options.
6. Monitor our blood pressure to make sure we are within the normal range.
7. Stay indoors (in our home or office) between noon and 3 pm each day as much as possible.
8. Take cold water baths before going to bed at night.

Let us therefore strive to comply with it because our life depends on it.
Let's be kind to share the information with everyone we know.

Change is the only thing constant in life,
Let's enjoy the heat while it last, for rain is coming too, the wise men will say this too shall pass.

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by mrksquare: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
joshjc:
Because we no longer plant trees in our compounds anymore, those who have trees in there compounds don't complain of heat

True

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by oluogbon0000(m): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
There is climate change the ozone layer is cracking grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Flier: 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
Cti28:
Haven't you heard that after hell fire, it is Nigeria.
And to make matter worse, Buhari pulled us more closer to it.
Nigeria isn’t hot I don’t know why you guys are complaining
Go to Dubai(UAE) and other Middle East countries and see if you can survive without air condition between March through September

5 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by staga: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
The charcoal sellers are chopping down all the trees.

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by jcross19: 10:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Mr keep your house clean, infact your environment and enjoy cool time.

I don't mean mud floor or broken roofs..

Be neat, change your boxers.... Change your singlet....above all wash your boxers regularly.

Bathe regularly and if working bathe immediately you return from work..

Keep your armpits clean and shave regularly
so that will stop the heat?//crayfish brain..

6 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by akinwale701(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gbagura:
I've been experiencing serious heats in my area for days now. Even fan can't control it any longer. The fan keep blowing hot air. I'm so frustrated right now.

That is greenhouse effect.
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
Africans are useless. You cut trees that are meant to temper the harsh weather and make it bearable and you turn back to cry like fools. SMH sad angry angry

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by sonnie10: 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
When was the last time you checked if your car CO2 emission is in compliance?

When was the last time your ate beef? Think about it, the fulani herdsmen are coming to the south because of desert encroachment and drought in the north. Open grazing is not good for the forest, sooner or later the effect will get to the south. Remember, the forest is the only protection the ozone layer has.

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
When dem say global warming the illiterates dey scream conspiracy, dem call am covid 19 men say e no dey Nigeria , likewise men when dey dive runs girls raw dey talk say aids no dey. My brother even if I tell you wetin dey happun you go still deny am. Make una enter class una talk say no una rather watch big brother and follow bobrisky.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Cti28(m): 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Flier:
Nigeria isn’t hot I don’t know why you guys are complaining
Go to Dubai(UAE) and other Middle East countries and see if you can survive without air condition between March through September
It is no just the weather, but the economic hardship. Inflation is increasing astronomically.

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by KingAzubuike(f): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
shegzhkn:

Young lady ... you smart.

What can i say ... you have science related background ??
Part of what I do say. Nigerians like celebrating mediocrity. Someone talks about harmattan and heat then she's smart? Lol what elementary school kids should know.

13 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Casper21: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Na green house gases wey dey deplete the ozone layer that protects the sun from directly hitting earth. But today's weather was cloudy and yummy for weather for two cool
Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
That's one of the reasons we must do all we should to ensure we make Heaven.
If we are so uncomfortable with what we see now, then imagine the Hotness and pains in Hell Fire.
GOD Almighty give us Wisdom

Fire is a phase of matter, so has no effect on Spirit. Spirit is immortal and that is what you are. You will die first before Hell or heaven (mental coordinates), right?

Fire has zero effect on Soul and Spirit. Do not be fooled by Vatican's Savior Program modified by Copernicus and St James.

....Except you are stupid, which I have no doubts you are..... smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Litmus: 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria?

Ask people like these below

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13219808_img20210222wa0014_jpeg6cca5a19721db56014168bab52d5ca8b
https://www.nairaland.com/6444002/ondo-loggers-block-benin-lagos-highway
Ondo Loggers Block Benin-Lagos Highway

Stop cutting down trees unless trees planted specifically for felling in Sustainable Trees projects

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Go and plant trees in your veranda. Thank me later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
joshjc:
I have trees around and the heat is still high

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The Too Much Heat In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gbagura:

..Bro ! Not only in Nigeria ! Its all most a Global thing angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes / I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.