Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (68792 Views)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Philadelphia: 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
doxijaw:

Ha ok, God will not shame any of us. We can all be winner's.

For me i have gone past the stage of saving, it's my investments putting money back into my pocket.

I'm just keeping it real, it's not easy abroad at all at all, especially when starting out.

The only way to make sense of our convo is to declare how much we save monthly after expenses doesn't have to be detailed, that way we demonstrate credibility.

Bro, one’s saving potential is a matter of various factors including earning potential, spending habit, dependents etc.

However, there’s a proverb that says “as elephant head dey heavy am, na so ant own Dey heavy am.”
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by doxijaw: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
seunny4lif:
These jobs are not there.. the only one i believe is medical in which case you go don suffer well well.

Nurses are horribly paid, tailor, hairdressers, mechanics in Ireland? Laughs.
Hairdressers and Mechanics making you laugh? Then you have never step your feet outside Nigeria

Software yes, but just in Dublin.
Like really? grin grin grin grin
Bro, you know nothing
Galway, Dundalk, and Lim are full of SW jobs
Paypal, Master card, FB are all located outside Dublin

All in abroad is hard, let's stop pretending.

How much do you save monthly, tell the truth?
Why will I tell you?

Not that you can't be a mechanic , tailor.. the competition is deadly because you have indigenous mechanics , Eastern Europeans dominating that sector. Infact my russian friend is a mechanic, he's doing ok but nothing special.

Name the software companies? Those little office's with 25 staff yes grin

Dublin is where the software jobs r , yeah very little elsewhere.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by BigDawsNet: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
doxijaw:

Degrees are nothing in abroad, experience is what you need.

Nigerians balling abroad are not the one's with degrees, they're the ones who know how to game the system.

Lieing on your CV will get u a professional job faster than actual degrees.

You think say i don't know wetin dey sup grin

You absolutely right but without the neccassry degree or certifications your experience will probably be uselsess.

And you can't always lie on your CV to secure professional job here...

We have what we call background checks...

If you caught, your data will be shared across the country HR System.... You then know what it means...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
lexy2014:

So what would many consider a luxurious lifestyle in Nigeria that u say 100k can afford taking into consideration ur previous words:

"Not exactly luxury; that was an exaggeration"

Adequate food, housing, transportation, child nurture with some extra for entertainment.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by tonyson010(m): 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I know what I'm talking about. I've lived and worked in the UK and I have cousins in the US whom I've stayed with for sometime. Food is not the only necessity. Housing, medical bills, utility bills are all necessary as well. And food isn't that cheap. An average family of five will spend not less than $2k a month. That's about a million naira. If one leaves one's family back home in Nigeria and sends them that million a month, do you know the kind of standard of living they will have? Let alone rent, electricity, medical fees etc. As the OP said, it's much better to go alone, work for a couple of years, send funds back home, build a house and open a thriving business, then head back here for an early retirement.

You r making some sense. The work that fetches you 100k in Nigeria, how much do you think you will earn in US with it??

Whatever u want to say, US can't be compared to Nigeria in terms of standard of living.....not in the dream

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by doxijaw: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
Philadelphia:

Bro, one’s saving potential is a matter of various factors including earning potential, spending habit, dependents etc.

However, there’s a proverb that says “as elephant head dey heavy am, na so ant own Dey heavy am.”

This might twist your mind a bit.. read it carefully
Earning potential abroad limits your savings potential.

One guy cracked it here on nairaland recently, 9 to 5 peeps r losers in the west, you will be comfortable that's all but even that comfort comes at a steep price, long hours of work , stress etc.

The business peeps , contractor's are the one's killing it because of tax loopholes.

Make i no talk everything here grin
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
tonyson010:

You r making some sense. The work that fetches you 100k in Nigeria, how much do you think you will earn in US with it??

Whatever u want to say, US can't be compared to Nigeria in terms of standard of living.....not in the dream

What can you get there that you can't get here? Given adequate funds?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by doxijaw: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You absolutely right but without the neccassry degree or certifications your experience will probably be uselsess.

And you can't always lie on your CV to secure professional job here...

We have what we call background checks...

If you caught, your data will be shared across the country HR System.... You then know what it means...

All you need is the right sector..

Things are happening.. if u dey that click u go understand.

Recently it's been difficult because of some new legislation.

As for the arresting part, they'll need to arrest 60 percent of the population because everyone wey sabi don take advantage.

It's what it is , how you go ask me for 6 experience on something wey them just introduce 4 year's ago. cheesy

grin
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by planetx: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
quickly:

There is homelessness is America, easier to be homeless compared to Nigeria, especially if you fall on hard times. Go to NY, LA HOuston all the big cities in yankee them full there

forget about government housing, you will not pray for your enemy to live there because it will be full of junkies , prostitues all sort of weirdos.

U ppl go just they type without any knowledge.
I doubt if that person has ever left Nigeria before talking about government housing in the US. When homeless people are everywhere and shelters are full.

2 Likes

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Cashify: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
Yes
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by BigDawsNet: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
doxijaw:

As for the arresting part, they'll need to arrest 60 percent of the population because everyone wey sabi don take advantage.

It's what it is , how you go ask me for 6 experience on something wey them just introduce 4 year's ago. cheesy

Good for you bro

Anyway it works for you

grin
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by BigDawsNet: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
doxijaw:

Good for you bro

Anyway it works for you

Not just sure I can gamble my path to citizenship rightt now.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by planetx: 5:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
gforce5:
This is exactly why nairaland and Nigeria is a bloody joke. Someone that has not left the shores of Nigeria is comparing a 100k salary in Nigeria ($222) to a $400k salary in the U.S. (N180 million). Are you mentally okay? Do you understand what a $400k salary is in the U.S.? We are talking monthly here not per annum! This is the salary of top executives in Fortune 500 companies! Are you mad Are you okay

A 100k salary earner in Nigeria is barely middle class! A $400k salary is in the top 10% of salary earners in the States! Another question, what is this needless comparison with Nigeria and U.S.? Nigeria is not even better than Saudi Arabia let alone the U.S.! Stop this nonsense delusion! More than 80% of people in this country live below the poverty line yet you idiots keep comparing yourselves to countries that have a sizable middle class!

You people know nothing about how country ticks! How well payed are your doctors, nurses, teachers and police compared to developed countries?? How well payed are your cleaners, refuse collectors, soldiers and scientists compared to developed countries? The aforementioned are the engine of any functional society.

The fact that the above topic got over 200 likes is enough evidence that most people in this forum are ignorant, lack exposure and suffer from serious poverty of the mind! Hence why gibberish nonsense such as "I can't marry a woman who is more educated than me" or "can buy a house without informing my parents" head straight to the front page.
#400k equivalent $1k not $400k, use your brain now why would someone be comparing 100k naira to $400k.

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Adequate food, housing, transportation, child nurture with some extra for entertainment.

If that is what u call luxury, what was being exaggerated by d OP when u said:

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Stupidly enough, if you get rid of the bad leaders the new ones ho have the interest of Nigeria at heart will impose taxes to improve the standard of living so this so called good life you are talking about is only possible under the corrupt regime we are facing.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
lexy2014:

If that is what u call luxury, what was being exaggerated by d OP when u said:

What you thought of as luxury. Now if you have nothing relevant to point out, go rest; I've wasted enough of my time on this petty argument about wordplay.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by walesho(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
WakeNbaked:

Not to sugar coat word I find those complaining about tax to be very silly.

All the development and advancement you are seeing shey it is through selfishness that brought about them? And it's not the immigrant pay a different tax compare to the citizens.

Don't mind them
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
He meant 400k equivalent in the US which is $850 and not $400k.

Do you get?

gforce5:
This is exactly why nairaland and Nigeria is a bloody joke. Someone that has not left the shores of Nigeria is comparing a 100k salary in Nigeria ($222) to a $400k salary in the U.S. (N180 million). Are you mentally okay? Do you understand what a $400k salary is in the U.S.? We are talking monthly here not per annum! This is the salary of top executives in Fortune 500 companies! Are you mad Are you okay

A 100k salary earner in Nigeria is barely middle class! A $400k salary is in the top 10% of salary earners in the States! Another question, what is this needless comparison with Nigeria and U.S.? Nigeria is not even better than Saudi Arabia let alone the U.S.! Stop this nonsense delusion! More than 80% of people in this country live below the poverty line yet you idiots keep comparing yourselves to countries that have a sizable middle class!

You people know nothing about how country ticks! How well payed are your doctors, nurses, teachers and police compared to developed countries?? How well payed are your cleaners, refuse collectors, soldiers and scientists compared to developed countries? The aforementioned are the engine of any functional society.

The fact that the above topic got over 200 likes is enough evidence that most people in this forum are ignorant, lack exposure and suffer from serious poverty of the mind! Hence why gibberish nonsense such as "I can't marry a woman who is more educated than me" or "can buy a house without informing my parents" head straight to the front page.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Akuruoulo(m): 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
bloggerblogger2:
YOU MAY AGREE OR DISAGREE.

A 100K monthly salary earner in Nigeria is better than a 400K monthly salary earner in the United States.

The luxury lifestyles some of us live here with 100K, cannot sustain us a day over there. We can’t try such in US and save a dim.

Some of our annual rent here is weekly/ monthly rent over there. Can you pay over 100K naira monthly house rent with 400K monthly salary here in Nigeria? You can’t do that, but you don’t have a choice over there. You pay or kicked out of the house.

Some of our people over there are becoming wiser now. They don’t mind sleeping on the streets, work for at least 5-10yrs, move back to Nigeria with their savings. You cannot survive with 100M living comfortably a year over there. Tax go finish you up. But you can live large with 100M for 5yrs or more here in Nigeria depends on your lifestyles tho.

You don’t pay unnecessary tax here. But in foreign countries you pay almost everything.
In naija you can own 10 cars..not in the United States because you pay for packing space for each car. You get the point now?

Some of our people in diaspora, once they earn $10K in a month or so, depends on the job, they’d send $9K down to their Nigeria account and keep $1K for their upkeep. Some would buy lands and build houses for rent or some other businesses.
If you don’t do that, you’d work all your life and come back with nothing. Those of you on this method are wise. But becareful of the people you send your money to here. Trust no one! Get a trustworthy lawyer involved.

U can make unnecessary noise or play loud music here. You can’t try such over there and not find yourself in police cell.

So you see….We are privileged here. We only need to get bad political leaders off the way. By getting involved in politics, national, state, LGA and community affairs. That’s how American youth you admire, do.

They don’t just fold hands, wailing and waiting for a miracle. They debate, disagree, challenge, involved and create. You get the point now?

Bro please visit a doctor before it's too late
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Akuruoulo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
aremuforlife:
Nigeria economy is the best in Africa

WHILE 1 SACHET OF TOMATO IS 150
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Akuruoulo(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
HellVictorinho:
False. The fact you are rich doesn't mean you should lie.
WHY ARE U ALWAYS DISAGREEING WITH THE TRUTH.

NIGERIA ECONOMY IS THE BEST
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by kaykad: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
make i put small mouth, abeg if you get chance to go USA or any other developed country Japa ASAP. my 1 dollar
bloggerblogger2:
YOU MAY AGREE OR DISAGREE.

A 100K monthly salary earner in Nigeria is better than a 400K monthly salary earner in the United States.

The luxury lifestyles some of us live here with 100K, cannot sustain us a day over there. We can’t try such in US and save a dim.

Some of our annual rent here is weekly/ monthly rent over there. Can you pay over 100K naira monthly house rent with 400K monthly salary here in Nigeria? You can’t do that, but you don’t have a choice over there. You pay or kicked out of the house.

Some of our people over there are becoming wiser now. They don’t mind sleeping on the streets, work for at least 5-10yrs, move back to Nigeria with their savings. You cannot survive with 100M living comfortably a year over there. Tax go finish you up. But you can live large with 100M for 5yrs or more here in Nigeria depends on your lifestyles tho.

You don’t pay unnecessary tax here. But in foreign countries you pay almost everything.
In naija you can own 10 cars..not in the United States because you pay for packing space for each car. You get the point now?

Some of our people in diaspora, once they earn $10K in a month or so, depends on the job, they’d send $9K down to their Nigeria account and keep $1K for their upkeep. Some would buy lands and build houses for rent or some other businesses.
If you don’t do that, you’d work all your life and come back with nothing. Those of you on this method are wise. But becareful of the people you send your money to here. Trust no one! Get a trustworthy lawyer involved.

U can make unnecessary noise or play loud music here. You can’t try such over there and not find yourself in police cell.

So you see….We are privileged here. We only need to get bad political leaders off the way. By getting involved in politics, national, state, LGA and community affairs. That’s how American youth you admire, do.

They don’t just fold hands, wailing and waiting for a miracle. They debate, disagree, challenge, involved and create. You get the point now?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by SIRTee15: 5:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I know what I'm talking about. I've lived and worked in the UK and I have cousins in the US whom I've stayed with for sometime. Food is not the only necessity. Housing, medical bills, utility bills are all necessary as well. And food isn't that cheap. An average family of five will spend not less than $2k a month. That's about a million naira. If one leaves one's family back home in Nigeria and sends them that million a month, do you know the kind of standard of living they will have? Let alone rent, electricity, medical fees etc. As the OP said, it's much better to go alone, work for a couple of years, send funds back home, build a house and open a thriving business, then head back here for an early retirement.

Food is cheap...It's African food that's expensive.
No family spend 2k on food monthly..that's an exaggeration.

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by SIRTee15: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Not exactly luxury; that was an exaggeration, but certainly a better standard of living than you can get on a thousand dollars a month in the US for example. With N100k monthly, at least you can maintain a car, rent a flat and eat decently in Nigeria. No way is that going to happen in the US with less than $1000 ((N400k) monthly, which is what the op said.

Nobody earn $1000 in America except illegal. Therefore, the comparison is baseless.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by kaykad: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
2K dolls for food, that is not possible are they feeding a shelter home, and if its African food that is making you spend this much na by force to eat African food?
SIRTee15:

Food is cheap...It's African food that's expensive.
No family spend 2k on food monthly..that's an exaggeration.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Lordpeckxy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
why will I be earning $400 in US??
Oga be calming down, a dude I know earns $230 every day, while he was staying In US.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Philadelphia: 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
doxijaw:

This might twist your mind a bit.. read it carefully
Earning potential abroad limits your savings potential.

One guy cracked it here on nairaland recently, 9 to 5 peeps r losers in the west, you will be comfortable that's all but even that comfort comes at a steep price, long hours of work , stress etc.

The business peeps , contractor's are the one's killing it because of tax loopholes.

Make i no talk everything here grin

You see your line in bold? That’s what earning potential means.
Don’t think earning potential is limited to only “salary” earnings. Another word for earning is income.

Now go back and read my previous comment.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by ogbonti: 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
bibiking7:

I don't quite agree. That 100k is for 1 month. Where as, there are menial jobs in the US that can pay $10 per hour. Lets calculate. 10 per hour times 8 hours, times 5 days in a week, times current exchange rate. The person would earn more than you earn in a month in 1 week.
Now me wey dey earn 100k per month. Do you expect me to eat only kote fish or pomo? Food cannot be considered a luxury. I guess the op has not been to the market in a while to know the level of food inflation.
Also earning power and purchasing power of both countries are different.

By the time they remove federal tax, state tax, social security and medicare from that money - e go be $5.75 net per hour - YOU THINK YOU EARN DOLLARS in AMERICA and you spend NAIRA in America? Boy, you buy things for $20 what you buy for N1, 000 in Nigeria and $20 is not N1,000 - $20 is at least N8,500 - SO KEEP USING YOUR CALCULATOR TO CALCULATE DOLLAR CONVERSION grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Ikpongiton: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
aremuforlife:

Development take stages, if the previous government was able to do have of what this present government is doing, Nigeria would have move forward a bit, but nevertheless, we are still moving and hope we will be there.
but here in South south I have not seen any project undertaken by this useless government.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by ogbonti: 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lordpeckxy:
why will I be earning $400 in US??
Oga be calming down, a dude I know earns $230 every day, while he was staying In US.

Very true - that is gross pay, what of taxes? what about social security, medicare ? what about nuclear family bills? immigration bills? child support garnishment nko ? student loans repayment? alimony? legal expenses? rent / mortgage? energy bill? water bill? cell phone bill? trash collection? gas bill? car note bill? medical insurance bill? dental and vision bill? car insurance? medical bill? rental insurance bill nko? traffic ticket bills? food/ groceries nko? clothing nko? car repairs and maintenance nko? annual car registration nko? credit card bills nko? before you come send money to unappreciative relatives back home in Nigeria

when you survive paying SOME of these bills that apply to you or ALL of them that apply to you as stated above - you no go get power self reply this useless thread grin grin grin grin grin

After you will call your brother in America wicked for not sending you at least 300 USD from the 1,400 USD check - na wetin go chop all that money I don list above so - make una get sense for that Nigeria oooo ENUFF SAID!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by doxijaw: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
Philadelphia:

You see your line in bold? That’s what earning potential means.
Don’t think earning potential is limited to only “salary” earnings. Another word for earning is income.

Now go back and read my previous comment.

Ok thought we were still on how great the job's are in the west and how big our savings r grin

I didn't know say you sabi.

Keep winning bro

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by aremuforlife(m): 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ikpongiton:
but here in South south I have not seen any project undertaken by this useless government.
The south southern should be ashamed of theirselves, if they cannot hold the less than 1% politicians benefiting from the allocation and 13% given to them without any meaningful things to show for it.
The former governor of delta state looted the state resources to uk, he was imprisoned in UK, he was released and the old deltians were happy to received him with aso ebi, even the state governor said there was no stolen money in delta state but today , the United kingdom is about to release part of the looted money by James Ibori to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Australian Man Sacked From His N50m Job For Ejaculating On Women In Public / When You Lied On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (pics) / Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.