Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,209 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA (68783 Views)

See Someone's Salary In Kogi State - Photos / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Avchi: 11:19am On Mar 11, 2021
Despite all the challenges we face in Nigeria due to all the obvious setbacks we have, the truth is that people are still making it here.
It's hard work, but with determination, success isn't far-fetched.
The world has moved online and digital skills are now the new oil wells for legitimate wealth in Nigeria.
Acquire high turnover digital skills and earn from the comfort of your home, even if you still do a 9-5 job.
Contact me via WhatsApp on 09052160014, for the free video that explains it all.

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by noah91(m): 11:29am On Mar 11, 2021
Avchi:
Despite all the challenges we face in Nigeria due to all the obvious setbacks we have, the truth is that people are still making it here.
It's hard work, but with determination, success isn't far-fetched.
The world has moved online and digital skills are now the new oil wells for legitimate wealth in Nigeria.
Acquire high turnover digital skills and earn from the comfort of your home, even if you still do a 9-5 job.
Contact me via WhatsApp on 09052160014, for the free video that explains it all.
Of course, people are still making it even in Zimbabwe and Somalia. What we are saying is that we want equal level-playing ground and opportunities
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by banmee(m): 11:59am On Mar 11, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Dont bother educating them.

Good morning bro. I woke up feeling this. Hope you feel the same way too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nG0CHBy0o

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Jaqenhghar: 12:34pm On Mar 11, 2021
banmee:

Good morning bro. I woke up feeling this. Hope you feel the same way too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7nG0CHBy0o

I feel very very far from this bro but thanks. I love the song smiley. Good Morning...what time is it over there ATM and what is the good news?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by favinvest: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
I think a lot of people are getting things wrong..

there is wat is called STANDARD of LIVING & QUALITY OF LIFE..; life expectancy etc..

u can be a billionaire in Afghanistan/Somalia/Yemen, but with that environment, do u think that that billionaire STANDARD of LIVING & QUALITY OF LIFE..etc , can be compared with a lower-class man in a very peaceful averagely poor country like Lesotho,?

so it's not about the cash but it's the value of life, Quality of life..

this is one reason why Ghana, Malawi, Nambia etc are rated above Nigeria.. even though we have more money than them..

same reason why Akure is rate above Maiduguri even though its bigger with more people more federal presence.. etc
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by banmee(m): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

I feel very very far from this bro but thanks. I love the song smiley. Good Morning...what time is it over there ATM and what is the good news?

Its 7 am and I start this course today I've been lobbying for 2 years now. Life is good. Whats up with you though?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by kabukabu50(m): 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2021
favinvest:
I think a lot of people are getting things wrong..

there is wat is called STANDARD of LIVING & QUALITY OF LIFE..; life expectancy etc..

u can be a billionaire in Afghanistan/Somalia/Yemen, but with that environment, do u think that that billionaire STANDARD of LIVING & QUALITY OF LIFE..etc , can be compared with a lower-class man in a very peaceful averagely poor country like Lesotho,?

so it's not about the cash but it's the value of life, Quality of life..

this is one reason why Ghana, Malawi, Nambia etc are rated above Nigeria.. even though we have more money than them..

same reason why Akure is rate above Maiduguri even though its bigger with more people more federal presence.. etc

Exactly

You cant explain this enough to simple minded people.

You can be a billionaire in Lagos but your trapped in your mansion,you provide your own water and electricity,scared to travel by road to the countryside.

Or you can be an average worker in the US and go anywhere in the country by road at anytime of day or night,never have to bribe anyone to do anything for you.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Jaqenhghar: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
banmee:

Its 7 am and I start this course today I've been lobbying for 2 years now. Life is good. Whats up with you though?
Wow nice. Im good jist a case of the blues. It is becoming very frequrnt these days I dont know if its because of this damned lockdown angry angry

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by banmee(m): 3:00am On Mar 12, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Wow nice. Im good jist a case of the blues. It is becoming very frequrnt these days I dont know if its because of this damned lockdown angry angry

You probably have the flu or something. Get well soon brosef.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by tonyson010(m): 8:35am On Mar 12, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

What can you get there that you can't get here? Given adequate funds?

Can I walk into a bank with my degree certificate and get a loan of 200,000 to start a business without knowing a politician. Where can I get angel investors for a business? How many % of Nigerians live below minimum wage and is that minimum wage enough for a average living??

Tell urself the truth which is that the standard of living in Nigeria is low.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2021
tonyson010:

Can I walk into a bank with my degree certificate and get a loan of 200,000 to start a business without knowing a politician. Where can I get angel investors for a business? How many % of Nigerians live below minimum wage and is that minimum wage enough for a average living??

Tell urself the truth which is that the standard of living in Nigeria is low.

Yes. If you provide adequate security for the loan or a known guarantor who doesn't have to be a politician. In fact, there are some professional groups who are eligible for loans higher than that based on their qualifications.

The dearth of angel investors is due to the unreliability of the investee, that is not a problem that the government caused, but our own untrustworthy character. I believe that it would be difficult to get an angel investor anywhere in the world if you reveal beforehand that you are a Nigerian. Having said that, there are in n fact many angel investors in Nigeria. They just tend to keep their funds exclusively for young men and women that are known to them. In any case, oncefunds are obtained operating a business is much easier in Nigeria, and no one migrates abroad because they want to meet angel investors anyway.

The minimum wage is not a factor here. And in no country in the world is minimum wage 'enough for average living' if by that you mean a middle class standard of life. That is why it is called minimum wage.

I don't think so. Like I said, given sufficient funds, there is nothing we can obtain in the West that we cannot obtain here. I should actually make one exemption; a first class college education; but that is the only exemption. Everything else is available here at cheaper rates.

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by paxx: 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
kabukabu50:

Exactly

You cant explain this enough to simple minded people.

You can be a billionaire in Lagos but your trapped in your mansion,you provide your own water and electricity,scared to travel by road to the countryside.

Or you can be an average worker in the US and go anywhere in the country by road at anytime of day or night,never have to bribe anyone to do anything for you.

If your black, good luck doing that. Police will trouble you so much u will wish u never left Nigeria. Nigeria is better to live. America is good for making money. The Racism in this country for black people. you guys will never understand until ur here.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Cybercop2002: 11:32am On Mar 13, 2021
6 wat America is a third world country Your story is very motivating and inspiring sir,i really pray for you to progress more and more and more to be among those that give our lost country go name abroad. I have try my possible best to move out of this country for make a better live for me and my family but money hindered me,no one can tell how the country is hitting me like hell i earn #15,000 monthly and spend #6,000 on transport fare how much is left to eat and save no money to go to school and even schooling in naija ain't worth it ,i believe i still have a better future ahead of me that is y am brushing my it skill to build a project,sir pls i beg you in the name of Jehovah pls sponsor me abroad sir i will pay you later with interest or i can work if you start of entry level job for certain time you and i will agree upon ,sir pls help me in any way pls don't let my life ruin save my kid am just 19 years old i can work for u am a business oriented sir not workaholic sir,my skill are tailoring and am learning to code
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Cybercop2002: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2021
Six Ways America Is Like a Third-World Country Our society lags behind the rest of the developed world in education, health care, violence and more By The U.S. imprisons a higer percentage of our population than countries like Russia, China and Iran. Michael Criswell/Getty Images Although the U.S. is one of the richest societies in history, it still lags behind other developed nations in many important indicators of human development – key factors like how we educate our children, how we treat our prisoners, how we take care of the sick and more. In some instances, the U.S.’s performance is downright abysmal, far below foreign countries that are snidely looked-down-upon as “third world.” Here are six of the most egregious examples that show how far we still have to go: 1. Criminal Justice We all know the U.S. criminal justice system is flawed, but few are likely aware of just how bad it is compared to the rest of the world. The International Center for Prison Studies that America imprisons 716 people per 100,000 citizens (of any age). That’s significantly than Russia (484 prisoners per 100,000 citizens), China (121) and Iran (284). The only country that incarcerates a higher percentage of its population than we do is North Korea. The U.S. is also developed country that executes prisoners – and our death penalty has a serious race problem: , compared to less than 15 percent of the overall population. ADVERTISEMENT Over two and a half million American children behind bars. A whopping 60 percent of those incarcerated in U.S. prisons are non- violent offenders, (overwhelmingly African-Americans). Even while our crime rate has fallen, our incarcerated population . As of 2011, an estimated 217,000 – that’s 600 new victims every day, a truly horrifying number. In 2010, the Department of Justice about abuse in juvenile detention centers. The report found that 12.1 percent of all youth held in juvenile detention reported sexual violence; youth held for between seven and 12 months had a victimization rate of 14.2 percent. Popular on Rolling Stone 2. Gun Violence The U.S. in firearm-related murders, and the difference isn’t a slight gap – more like a chasm. According to United Nations , the U.S. has 20 times more murders than the developed world average. Our murder rate also dwarfs many developing nations, like Iraq, which has a murder rate less than half ours. More than half of the most deadly mass shootings documented in the past 50 years around the world , and 73 percent of the killers in the U.S. . Another finds that the U.S. has one of the highest proportion of suicides committed with a gun. Gun violence varies across the U.S., but some cities like New Orleans and Detroit , where gun violence is highest in the world. ADVERTISEMENT 3. Healthcare found that in many American counties, especially in the deep South, life expectancy is lower than in Algeria, Nicaragua or Bangladesh. The U.S. is the only developed country that does not guarantee health care to its citizens; even after the Affordable Care Act, because governors, mainly Republicans, have refused to expand Medicaid, which provides health insurance for low-income Americans. Although the federal government will pay for the expansion, many governors cited cost, . America is unique among developed countries in that tens of thousands of poor Americans die , even while we spend more than twice as much of our GDP on healthcare than the average for the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), a collection of rich world countries. The U.S. has that dwarfs comparable nations, as well as the highest teenage-pregnancy rate in the developed world, largely because of the politically-motivated unavailability of contraception in many areas. 4. Education The U.S. is among in the world that does not guarantee paid maternal leave (the other two are Papua New Guinea and Swaziland). This means many poor American mothers must choose between raising their children and keeping their jobs. The U.S. education system is plagued with structural racial biases, like the fact that schools are funded at the local, rather than national level. That means that schools attended by poor black people get far less funding than the schools attended by wealthier students. The Department of Education has confirmed that schools with high concentrations of poor students . It’s no wonder America has one of the highest achievement gaps between high income and low income students, . Schools today are actually than they were in the 1970s. Our higher education system is unique among developed nations in that is funded almost entirely privately, by debt. Students in the average OECD country about 70 percent of their college tuition to be publicly funded; in the United States, only about 40 percent of the cost of education is publicly-funded. That’s one reason the U.S. has the highest tuition costs of any OECD country. ADVERTISEMENT 5. Inequality By , the U.S. tops out OECD countries in terms of income inequality, largely because America has the stingiest welfare state of any developed country. This inequality has deep and profound effects on American society. For instance, although the U.S. justifies its rampant inequality on the premise of upward mobility, many parts of the United States have abysmal levels of social mobility, where children born in the poorest quintile have a less than 3 percent chance of . Inequality harms our democracy, because the wealthy exert an outsized political influence. Sheldon Adelson, for instance, to influence the 2012 election than the residents of 12 states combined. Inequality also tears at the social fabric, showing that inequality correlates with low levels of social trust. In their book , Richard Pickett and Kate Wilkinson show that a wide variety of social indicators, including health and well- being are intimately tied to inequality. 6. Infrastructure The United States infrastructure is slowly crumbling apart and is in desperate need for repair. One that our infrastructure system needs a $3.6 trillion investment over the next six years. In New York City, the development of Second Avenue subway line was first delayed by ; it’s still not finished. In South Dakota, Alaska and Pennsylvania, water via century-old wooden pipes. Some 45 percent of Americans . Large portions of U.S. wastewater capacity are more than half a century old and in Detroit, some of the sewer lines to the mid-19th century. One in nine U.S. bridges (or 66,405 bridges) are considered “structurally deficient,” the National Bridge Inventory. All of this means that the U.S. has fallen rapidly in . America is a great country, and it does many things well. But it has vast blind spots. The fact that nearly 6 million Americans, , cannot vote because they have a felony on record means that politicians can lock up more and more citizens without fear of losing their seat. Our ideas of meritocracy and upward mobility blind us to the realities of class and inequality. Our healthcare system provides good care to some, but it comes at a cost – millions of people without health insurance. If we don’t critically examine these flaws, how can we ever hope to progress as a society?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Cybercop2002: 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2021
The white are deceiving the black with quality of lie,if you wanna know the fact America have many of it citizen in diaspora than Nigeria especially retired syd senior citizen they go to country like Philippine mexico Thailand Vietnam and more cause average people of those country is better off them so they go there to live like average,average Nigeria is better than there white counterpart this is from a slum boy there are many fortunate people in ajegunle
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Cybercop2002: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Psquare, Wizkid & Davido are richer than most America hip-hop artistes – Akon reveals [video] By NellyBillz Senegalese US singer, Akon has revealed that Psquare, Wizkid and Davido are richer than most American hip-hop artistes. He made this known at a summit for youths where he revealed that the glamorous lifestyle seen in American hip-hop videos are actually fake. According to Akon, such music videos which shows a musician living large with Bentley and pretty women is actually the opposite of reality. Watch video below: During the same event, he was quoted as saying: ‘The images they show about Africa are so negative. It’s conditioning what we believe. Africa has a rich story too. More people died in Chicago, more school shootings in America. Akon: Why Africa is Better than America’.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by tonyson010(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Yes. If you provide adequate security for the loan or a known guarantor who doesn't have to be a politician. In fact, there are some professional groups who are eligible for loans higher than that based on their qualifications.

The dearth of angel investors is due to the unreliability of the investee, that is not a problem that the government caused, but our own untrustworthy character. I believe that it would be difficult to get an angel investor anywhere in the world if you reveal beforehand that you are a Nigerian. Having said that, there are in n fact many angel investors in Nigeria. They just tend to keep their funds exclusively for young men and women that are known to them. In any case, oncefunds are obtained operating a business is much easier in Nigeria, and no one migrates abroad because they want to meet angel investors anyway.

The minimum wage is not a factor here. And in no country in the world is minimum wage 'enough for average living' if by that you mean a middle class standard of life. That is why it is called minimum wage.

I don't think so. Like I said, given sufficient funds, there is nothing we can obtain in the West that we cannot obtain here. I should actually make one exemption; a first class college education; but that is the only exemption. Everything else is available here at cheaper rates.

Easier said than done.

We hustle and work hard just to be exposed to the complex obstacles of huge unstable govt policies that keep killing long term businesses. Also dodging arbitrary & double taxations. Survival of business in Nigeria is small, IF U GET THE FUND TO START. that is the truth.

Real niggars know it.

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Gertyman: 7:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
Chairman you sabi.. Correct analysis

ogbonti:

Very true - that is gross pay, what of taxes? what about social security, medicare ? what about nuclear family bills? immigration bills? child support garnishment nko ? student loans repayment? alimony? legal expenses? rent / mortgage? energy bill? water bill? cell phone bill? trash collection? gas bill? car note bill? medical insurance bill? dental and vision bill? car insurance? medical bill? rental insurance bill nko? traffic ticket bills? food/ groceries nko? clothing nko? car repairs and maintenance nko? annual car registration nko? credit card bills nko? before you come send money to unappreciative relatives back home in Nigeria

when you survive paying SOME of these bills that apply to you or ALL of them that apply to you as stated above - you no go get power self reply this useless thread grin grin grin grin grin

After you will call your brother in America wicked for not sending you at least 300 USD from the 1,400 USD check - na wetin go chop all that money I don list above so - make una get sense for that Nigeria oooo ENUFF SAID!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by loomer: 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
bloggerblogger2:
YOU MAY AGREE OR DISAGREE.

A 100K monthly salary earner in Nigeria is better than a 400K monthly salary earner in the United States.

The luxury lifestyles some of us live here with 100K, cannot sustain us a day over there. We can’t try such in US and save a dim.

Some of our annual rent here is weekly/ monthly rent over there. Can you pay over 100K naira monthly house rent with 400K monthly salary here in Nigeria? You can’t do that, but you don’t have a choice over there. You pay or kicked out of the house.

Some of our people over there are becoming wiser now. They don’t mind sleeping on the streets, work for at least 5-10yrs, move back to Nigeria with their savings. You cannot survive with 100M living comfortably a year over there. Tax go finish you up. But you can live large with 100M for 5yrs or more here in Nigeria depends on your lifestyles tho.

You don’t pay unnecessary tax here. But in foreign countries you pay almost everything.
In naija you can own 10 cars..not in the United States because you pay for packing space for each car. You get the point now?

Some of our people in diaspora, once they earn $10K in a month or so, depends on the job, they’d send $9K down to their Nigeria account and keep $1K for their upkeep. Some would buy lands and build houses for rent or some other businesses.
If you don’t do that, you’d work all your life and come back with nothing. Those of you on this method are wise. But becareful of the people you send your money to here. Trust no one! Get a trustworthy lawyer involved.

U can make unnecessary noise or play loud music here. You can’t try such over there and not find yourself in police cell.

So you see….We are privileged here. We only need to get bad political leaders off the way. By getting involved in politics, national, state, LGA and community affairs. That’s how American youth you admire, do.

They don’t just fold hands, wailing and waiting for a miracle. They debate, disagree, challenge, involved and create. You get the point now?
How you go dey use naira dey compare dollar on lifestyle.
That 400k might be less than minimum wage there.
How you expect to live below the minimum wage?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by newoffer: 1:36pm On May 15, 2021
SarkinYarki:
You live luxury lifestyle with 100k a month? Are you sure you know what you are saying?

The guy just dey yarn nonsense. I earn 100k. Transport alone na like 25k. I do extra runs to meet up my bills. No savings o and no luxury cos the money can't go near there.
Rent is high now. Plenty people don relocate to Lagos. The cost of apartment don skyrocket. A single room for Coker na 250k. A room self contained na 550k. Room n parlour self-contained na 700k. He no cheap at all

Food items alone take 60percent of the bills. what is left is nothing. I do like three extra runs with my monthly job. The task no be here ooo. I pay nepa and still got to fuel my gen. I don abandon gotv long ago because na waste of time. I rather load movies on my flash.

100k na coins today. I pity the next generation

1 Like

Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by SIRTee15: 10:58pm On May 15, 2021

Including world class healthcare?
because I wonder why your president travels to uk to recharge his battery.
What about security n kidnapping?
Some people like to deceive themselves.

If u can earn developed countries type of wages, living in any 3rd world country will be a paradise. That privilege not unique to nigeria.
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Like you said cut yoour coat according to my size
Tho to be honest we have very cheap rent across the US
Do you miss Nigeria?
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by BigDawsNet: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
anastasius:

Do you miss Nigeria?

100% But I'm not willing to visit because of the insecurities...

I still wanna become the president of Nigeria someday...
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by emanobis(m): 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
Saving and Investing is depends on personal priority, but another question one needs to answer is this: if you are saving, what are you saving for?
But be it as it may, save little why also investing
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Uzomarrr123: 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
planetx:
If you have money Nigeria is 100 times better than America. I traveled to the US the first time in 1996 so don't quote me if you have never been to MMIA
They don’t just gerrit

It only those without money that do this “I must go abroad by fire by force “

The rich peeps in Nigeria live right here in Lagos,Nigeria…DJ cuppy , Davido ,kiddwaya and co.

Even Teni is a US citizen ,no matter how many times these peeps go outside , they love coming back

You can’t be overly comfortable outside , most America peeps u see live dia lives on credit , even dia iPhones are on credit , cars etc

Pay check to pay check citizens

You won’t know this , till you go for yourself
Like I said earlier, if you are rich in Nigeria, you won’t even think of VISA self .
Re: A 100k Monthly Salary In Nigeria Is Better Than A 400k Monthly Salary In USA by Anisilas: 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
This is interesting.

Is this an error or what?
What do you mean by spend 100 MILLION for 5 years?
Or You mean 5 Generations ?

Which kin devil lifestyle person wan live and spend 100 Million in 5 years, him wan dey travel go hell fire twice in a month go flex with devilhimself
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Australian Man Sacked From His N50m Job For Ejaculating On Women In Public / When You Lied On Your Resume About Being Proficient In Excel (pics) / Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.