Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) (57211 Views)

Nigerian Stowaways Filmed Hiding In A Europe-Bound Ship On The Sea (Pics/Video) / Ibom Air Confirms Enugu As Next Landing Destination (Photos) / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by dominique(f): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
aboyaji:
What if this ship was heading to Sudan?

Sudan is a landlocked country, no ocean for any ship to sail there

2 Likes

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Greenback:

That's the only way they can survive it,if they are caught

Exactly. The kind of dangerous risks some ppl subject themselves to all in d name of finding greener pastures abroad is terrifying. Fews years back some illegal migrants were caught at the border in Beni-Enzar, Morocco well hidden in an engine compartment of a car, some were found cramped into a cars glove box, some hiding behind the car's dashboard, some behind a car’s rear seats. Another set were even found in a dumper truck in a dangerous position where they were likely to be crushed.

All attempting to travel to Europe, Spain precisely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by BigBrowser: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Very pitiful. See the level Nigerians have been reduced to.
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Chai.. lyf don tire these ones dem. Hahaha ..
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by 27Pushing30: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Many of una never go beach for night...

The kain COLD ehn!

If if everywhere soft, THE COLD!!! AND look at their outfit

Damn!

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Femeto: 2:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
What if a shark attacks them?

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by MeekySmudger(m): 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iamdemola1:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=309009390584830&id=100044273152103

,...there is a fucking lady among them,..if you zoom closely..,..she is the one raising her hands like trying to get a grip abovw her head,..
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by raphy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Who doesnt like to take risk even me i love risk

Many nigerians and other african in europe pass through libya by sea .

Even as am typing this many people.still on another dingy heading to italy.

Reach europe or die trying..i knw all the route to take if am am going by sea or land..but
This is so wrong...they will be rescued asap .

Hustle well o so your family no go cry when they hear that die trying to resch europe by sea or land.

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by ojjp: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
But who come snap them?
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by salford1: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
These ones are dumb ooo. They deserve Darwin's award.
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Paretomaster1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari has turned Nigeria into an IDP that everyone is trying to escape by any means possible. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria beyond redemption

And who told you they are Nigerians or the event happened in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by 080bjaked(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
If this ship is going anywhere near an ocean (and ofcourse, they always do), these guys will die. Storm, cold, sink, roll over while weak or sleeping, hunger, aquatic creatures...one way or the other, the guys may not survive it.
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
I'm heartbroken. You can still survive here in Nigeria, why should you kill yourself
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Ganjafama(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
If by any chance they succeed na women and booze go drain their hard work. I can see it in their faces.
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Obdk: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by ThatFairGuy: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
NicoKator:
Reading through the comments, I saw people saying the wave or ravaging ocean waves would flush them into the water, that the guys cannot survive but these comments are definitely from people who know nothing about the structural design of Ships. I'm a Sailor and I can confidently tell you that those guys were just sitting and waiting on the Ship's Rudder while the Ship was in the Port, Anchorage or Dock Waters, the moment the Ship set sail, the guys will go into a Compartment where the Rudder Trunk is(that section of the Ship is above their head), from that Rudder Trunk compartment there is no way they can get access to the main Compartments in the Ship housing the Engine Room and other machinery spaces but they can stay in the Rudder Trunk compartment till the Ship gets to the next Port of Call while they survive on the little food rations they normally carry in their bags. Aside that there is a Manhole from the Rudder Trunk compartment to other machinery spaces in the Ship but that Manhole is always butted and screw-tight, no human force can open it from the Rudder Trunk end where the guys are, so in most cases they start to hit the Iron Cover of the manhole when the Ship had sailed after about 3days or more, the hitting create huge noise making the Ship crew to know that Stowaways are inside the Rudder Trunk (by that some Captains would order for the space to be opened or they report to authorities), but there is a regulation by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) not to do them any harm nor maltreat them, any Ship reported doing otherwise will be sanctioned, it's a serious issue, so even when the Stowaways are found onboard they are always pampered, receive any possible good treatment till Authorities come to pick them. Please note that these Stowaways understand everything about where the Ship is going, they know when the Ship is going to set sail, some even pay money to Agents or informants who have a pre-departure information about the Ship.
Elaborated. Now I'm at piece they're safe

2 Likes

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by CrazyCrane: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
From the picture,those guys are sitting on the ship rudder, the picture itself shows the ship is at anchorage cus the accommodation ladder is down and the pilot ladder has been rigged and the ship is empty from the draught of ship hall (she's either waiting for loading or she's waiting for inspection for her to be hired)

However,if the ship cracks her engine to go outbound she instantly will make 5 knot to outbound the channel (when she gets to the first buoy) she will make minimum of 14 knot
There's no way on earth those guys will survive the first 5 nautical miles,talkmore of heading deep sea or crossing the pacific ocean.

The only way these stowaway guys can survive is buy staying at the rudder compartment,after days of sailing they'd start hitting the ship haul to attract the attention of the ship crew.

Note: these guys know the next port of call of the said ship and they have family members who are fully aware of the ships name. There's a regulations for stowaway in IMO.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Ganjafama(m): 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
NicoKator:
Reading through the comments, I saw people saying the wave or ravaging ocean waves would flush them into the water, that the guys cannot survive but these comments are definitely from people who know nothing about the structural design of Ships. I'm a Sailor and I can confidently tell you that those guys were just sitting and waiting on the Ship's Rudder while the Ship was in the Port, Anchorage or Dock Waters, the moment the Ship set sail, the guys will go into a Compartment where the Rudder Trunk is(that section of the Ship is above their head), from that Rudder Trunk compartment there is no way they can get access to the main Compartments in the Ship housing the Engine Room and other machinery spaces but they can stay in the Rudder Trunk compartment till the Ship gets to the next Port of Call while they survive on the little food rations they normally carry in their bags. Aside that there is a Manhole from the Rudder Trunk compartment to other machinery spaces in the Ship but that Manhole is always butted and screw-tight, no human force can open it from the Rudder Trunk end where the guys are, so in most cases they start to hit the Iron Cover of the manhole when the Ship had sailed after about 3days or more, the hitting create huge noise making the Ship crew to know that Stowaways are inside the Rudder Trunk (by that some Captains would order for the space to be opened or they report to authorities), but there is a regulation by the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) not to do them any harm nor maltreat them, any Ship reported doing otherwise will be sanctioned, it's a serious issue, so even when the Stowaways are found onboard they are always pampered, receive any possible good treatment till Authorities come to pick them. Please note that these Stowaways understand everything about where the Ship is going, they know when the Ship is going to set sail, some even pay money to Agents or informants who have a pre-departure information about the Ship.
Reminds me of the movie "Deadly Voyage. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Voyage

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by tmcleo2k2(m): 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by tmcleo2k2(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
100% on point ...https://www.gard.no/web/updates/content/30851739/the-dangerous-practice-of-stowaways-hiding-in-a-vessels-rudder-trunk

NicoKator:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Ouchbabe(f): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is too risky but from the depth of my heart I pray they survive. They don't deserve to die like this. Their country failed them

2 Likes

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Georgereal277(m): 3:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by akigbemaru: 3:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Hojuholape: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hope you are aware that this movie itself is a true story account of a stowaway.

The events actually happened.
Ganjafama:
Reminds me of the movie "Deadly Voyage. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Voyage

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Azaw(m): 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Heading from Nigeria to Spain

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by UKBobo(m): 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
My Ghana homie don enter Brazil that way from Accra. No shaking. Been there for 10 years with his Brazilian wife and family. Shout out DJ George in Salvador da Bahia

Bom dia.

2 Likes

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by stayclearofme: 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari has turned Nigeria into an IDP that everyone is trying to escape by any means possible. Buhari has destroyed Nigeria beyond redemption
Senseless as usual! How do you those people are Nigerians, how do you know the ship was leaving the shores of Nigeria? Always commenting without sense.

1 Like

Re: Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
Suicide mission!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) / John Abolarinwa, Ebiakpo Chapele Names Of Pilots On Missing Nigeria Airforce Jet / Nigerians Living In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.