Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) (16024 Views)

ABUAD Ranked Best University In Nigeria By Times Higher Education / Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher / UNILAG Ranked 3rd Most Productive School In Africa In Educating Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Bluntemperor: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2021
richiemcgold:
being a state government owned university, I'm more impressed with LASU's feat.

..and IMO, I think Nigeria would've developed far more than this level if the other 5 regions in the country were like the southwest.

You may not be far from the truth,considering the consistency of LASU,UI,Unilag and Covenant University on yearly World Ranking.
These Universities should be given more Funds for Research and Development as the basis for future relevance!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Amalekki: 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
I can bet anything that they are mistaking some info on UNILAG for LASU. Even some ignorant Nigerians mix it up. LASU ahead of OAU and UNILAG is impossible lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Heybeedee(m): 2:02pm On Mar 11, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Omoh I nor see Unilorin oo! Them nor go like this news.

E get one time wey Unilorin go be no 1 for one ranking like that.

We nor hear word, them just dey shout "Better by far" up and down.

Them do sweat shirt gan.

But S/O to all present and past Unilorites, the wahala wey I see for that school nor be small and the small wahala wey I cause.

S/O to all those mumu boys and girls wey dey always crowd for Item 7 for night, to the ones wey dey stay till 1am dey fvck for Student Union Building.

My real niggarrs wey dey smoke for their hostels and spots for campus and Tanke and environs, the pot of smoke nor go ever dry.

S/O to the scholars wey fit kill theirselves cos of night class, I hope everything pays off on the long run.

Biggest S/O to the realest niggarrs, the hustlers for their various hostels for Oke-odo, Mark, and Tanke in general.

The updates will always come and we will get richer.

I said what I said.
we say Amen to ur prayerssssss baba
We wey still dey no go get yy to face tanke!
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by porthouse7(f): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:

I am born and breed yoruba from Eruku, Osun...you are a stupid yoruba.
the problem of the yoruba isnt ibos...is makind the governor of oyo playing politics with his kins lives ibo?
is the most useless governor called Dapo in Ogun Ibo?
go and knack your head against the wall...your head nor correct at all
allow d guy to throw his jabs in peace, they also throw it unprovoked
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Cachetdotng: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
woleabayo:
ur mama ...............only if u pass through the schoolu will no is not bribe
ur papa...wetin Nigerian schools sabi....with all these as.s.li.cking lecturers and fake students tongue
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by CodeTemplar: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ayo2004:

God gave us brains so we can be innovative and use it without completely depending on him...there are many atheists schools that top world best universities,Covenant University excelling has nothing to do with the religious beliefs of its Pastors
List some. Atheism is no longer in the mind now but in the school I guess.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by CodeTemplar: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
No matter what excuse they want to give all of them have poor structures, wicked lecturers except covenant. Wizards and witches are there as lecturers. The painful thing is that you can't deal with these lecturers
The crux of the matter. People who guage impact by student failure rate.

1 Like

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Ibadanpikin: 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2021
richiemcgold:

..and IMO, I think Nigeria would've developed far more than this level if the other 5 regions in the country were like the southwest.

1 Like

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by CodeTemplar: 2:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
excel101:
The rankers should take a second look at the list again, cos i'm thinking they mistakenly placed LASU amongst the top 800 universities in the world.
Ranking is based on various criteria. The frustrated attention seeking folks just picked the one that seem to favour their school of interest and passed it off a general ranking.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Ibadanpikin: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
richiemcgold:

So you mean all the brown roofs and mud houses that full southwest are developement.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by woleabayo(f): 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2021
na so de lick ur ass abi?
Cachetdotng:
ur papa...wetin Nigerian schools sabi....with all these as.s.li.cking lecturers and fake students tongue
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by 12inchess: 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
We4all:
UI first class graduates that can't communicate well in English. Could it be that English isn't their mode of communication or they write their exams in Yoruba language?

Knowing English means nothing. A student that studies Maths can get 1st Class and still be very bad in English. If your school is not on the list, that doesn't mean it's not good as those schools but I believe the school management needs to submit the school for evaluation. And I consider the Times Higher Education List to be "Grammy" or "Emmy" awards of schools. So their list is fairly sound.

3 Likes

Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Cachetdotng: 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
woleabayo:
na so de lick ur ass abi?
na like dis e de start o...later na me dem go ban....na my jeje I de wey dis uncircumcised hakuya find my trouble o...shey dem swear for u ni....shey I use ur mouth comment ni...abi wetin be ur problem sef... better mind your business o... angry
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by MightySparrow: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
South West always lead in education why 5% leads criminality,

How does this relate to the thread? Are you saying that education and criminal tendencies are related? Of course, the more enlightened the cleverer way of committing same crimes. Southwest still leading in virtues and vices.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Cryptomillion: 4:14pm On Mar 11, 2021
Really
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by ThatFairGuy1: 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:

I am born and breed yoruba from Eruku, Osun...you are a stupid yoruba.
the problem of the yoruba isnt ibos...is makind the governor of oyo playing politics with his kins lives ibo?
is the most useless governor called Dapo in Ogun Ibo?
go and knack your head against the wall...your head nor correct at all
Ipob Terrorist. Is eruku Osun village?
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by sulaak(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
South West always lead in education why 5% leads criminality,

Obi of Onitsha did you read the table you posted, it stated that Ibo lead the table in criminality. I will take it that you can write but can't read smiley smiley
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by jidxin(m): 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Omoh I nor see Unilorin oo! Them nor go like this news.

E get one time wey Unilorin go be no 1 for one ranking like that.

We nor hear word, them just dey shout "Better by far" up and down.

Them do sweat shirt gan.

But S/O to all present and past Unilorites, the wahala wey I see for that school nor be small and the small wahala wey I cause.

S/O to all those mumu boys and girls wey dey always crowd for Item 7 for night, to the ones wey dey stay till 1am dey fvck for Student Union Building.

My real niggarrs wey dey smoke for their hostels and spots for campus and Tanke and environs, the pot of smoke nor go ever dry.

S/O to the scholars wey fit kill theirselves cos of night class, I hope everything pays off on the long run.

Biggest S/O to the realest niggarrs, the hustlers for their various hostels for Oke-odo, Mark, and Tanke in general.

The updates will always come and we will get richer.

I said what I said.
e shock me too ooo... Oloyede really tried sha
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by NairaMaster1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:
I knew it that all that ranking putting Covenant Uni at No.2 and No.1 are paid rankings. Covenant beside Unilag? Dont get me wrong, I schooled in one and worked briefly in the 2nd, and they are NEVER EVER going to come close, maybe in the dreams of the church members that owns that school sha.
When did Covenant emerge? How many professors have they trained and produced? All these gragra just to cash out and continue bilking parents for exorbitant school fees...All these fake projects, papers, and research they have produced. How many covenant alumni are creating trends in naija? Are they up to even 10? Ive seen their students, they are like fufu that can be eaten by students from OAU, UI, UNN, AAU, EKSU, LAG to mention a few. All these butter and lazy students wey you just dey dash 1st class to like say na akara. Rubbish! Many colleagues resigned because of the disturbing corruption in the school, no wonder their secondary students have never won any renowned academic competition nationally or globally except paid ones or the ones they can influence the judges. Talk about academic excellence.
Anyways, instead of sending my child to some glorified university managed by some religious families, I'd rather tell my child to kukuma travel abroad.

It's extremely worse that you can't even communicate in English. I thought you saw Covenant University in that rating.
Rating is not done by the number of Professors but by quality research and citations among other few things.
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Rapture4real(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:
I knew it that all that ranking putting Covenant Uni at No.2 and No.1 are paid rankings. Covenant beside Unilag? Dont get me wrong, I schooled in one and worked briefly in the 2nd, and they are NEVER EVER going to come close, maybe in the dreams of the church members that owns that school sha.
When did Covenant emerge? How many professors have they trained and produced? All these gragra just to cash out and continue bilking parents for exorbitant school fees...All these fake projects, papers, and research they have produced. How many covenant alumni are creating trends in naija? Are they up to even 10? Ive seen their students, they are like fufu that can be eaten by students from OAU, UI, UNN, AAU, EKSU, LAG to mention a few. All these butter and lazy students wey you just dey dash 1st class to like say na akara. Rubbish! Many colleagues resigned because of the disturbing corruption in the school, no wonder their secondary students have never won any renowned academic competition nationally or globally except paid ones or the ones they can influence the judges. Talk about academic excellence.
Anyways, instead of sending my child to some glorified university managed by some religious families, I'd rather tell my child to kukuma travel abroad.

What did Bishop Oyedepo do to you?
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Kingsean(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
dplordx:

you just disgraced yourself. you're just jealous you can't afford covenant university fees. your words have no facts
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by Goke7: 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2021
Amalekki:
I can bet anything that they are mistaking some info on UNILAG for LASU. Even some ignorant Nigerians mix it up. LASU ahead of OAU and UNILAG is impossible lipsrsealed

Don't be clever by half, those doing the ranking are not your typical misinformed nigerians. They deal with data and facts not mere assumptions.

Visited OAU two years ago, it was an eyesore. Just living in past glory. I get am before no be property
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by nurain150(m): 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by frog12: 9:37am On Mar 12, 2021
LASU where dey say you fit pay lecturer. I dey laugh
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by We4all: 9:45am On Mar 12, 2021
12inchess:

Knowing English means nothing. A student that studies Maths can get 1st Class and still be very bad in English. If your school is not on the list, that doesn't mean it's not good as those schools but I believe the school management needs to submit the school for evaluation. And I consider the Times Higher Education List to be "Grammy" or "Emmy" awards of schools. So their list is fairly sound.

To have a full grasp of the English language tells a lot about someone's academic performance; whether in the arts or science classes. Are exam questions prepared in Yoruba or Ibo language? If you don't understand English well, how will you be able to understand the instructions and what is expected of you?
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by incogni2o: 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
NairaMaster1:

It's extremely worse that you can't even communicate in English. I thought you saw Covenant University in that rating.
Rating is not done by the number of Professors but by quality research and citations among other few things.

Please My login says username or password incorrect
Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by MightySparrow: 12:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
We4all:
UI first class graduates that can't communicate well in English. Could it be that English isn't their mode of communication or they write their exams in Yoruba language?

It is a lie. I am a proud holder of a Higher Degree of Engineering of the most respected school. UI post UTME is the most rigorous in the country. The past Law School result and world universities ranking are there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

50 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria In 2015 WAEC May/June result (photo) / Sacked UNILAG VC, Ogundipe, Withdraws Suit Against Babalakin / Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.