Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA (5243 Views)

16 Year Old Boniface Offokaja Wipes The Floor With Other Africans - 1957 London / Boniface Igbeneghu: Bukola Saraki Reacts To UNILAG Lecturer's Sex Scandal / Alex Badeh (1957-2018): The Man Who Flew Two Former US Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Idiko1: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol. Here comes the pedantism crew. He clearly meant he did not want to be identified as a negro (black) or Caucasian ( white).

Whether he is negro(black) or not is a convoluted and potentially long argument but what anyone should bear in mind is the relevance of the boy insisting he is not negro(black).

Please stay in your confused lane. To be belligerent cannot earn you an edge. You do not look smart and certainly not visionary with above post. You need to ask yourself why did coloration of human beings stop at black and white. Have you ever tested yourself on IQ test? I suggest you not dream about it.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Idiko1:

Please stay in your confused lane. To be belligerent cannot earn you an edge. You do not look smart and certainly not visionary with above post. You need to ask yourself why did coloration of human beings stop at blank and white. Have you ever tested yourself on IQ test? I suggest you not dream about it.

Olodo. All you say make it obvious you are obsessed with intellectual d1ck comparison which means you actually feel intellectually inferior to others.

Broad categorizations, meaning nothing in the established and main racial identity of the world, you want to create a non-existent issue over. Are you then not a worthless, pedantic and distractive olodo?

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 8:25am On Mar 12, 2021
tamdun:

Those guys sabi spoil beautiful thread

Indeed and it is because of the basic insecurity and inferiority complex inextricably attached to their core character and identity.

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:25am On Mar 12, 2021
Now watch this interview of this Aboki boy,
Watch how he clearly states that he can never be the same with the people of the South,

All you one Nigerians from the south are all unthinking animals

Olofo ni e se Oshigun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zam4HGAssqY

Oshigun:

Shame the view you share is the only one you have of this wonderful video.

The Young Nigerian lad did all Africans proud with his independent-minded, racially aware, secure and strong opinions whereas the rest were just divisive, confused, racist and even self-loathing indoctrinated youngsters beholden to the very imperialistic white world at the time.

Instead of seeing that you find a way to insult Nigeria in a situation where the Nigerian spirit in that boy shone brightly to universal commendation from all black people worldwide.

Self-hatred will do that to you. Click the YouTube link and go to the comment section to see what the world is saying while you are too busy hating yourself to the extent you are incapable of separating issues.

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 8:30am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

IPOBian, o ji se aro. Stay in your damn lane.
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED TINUBU THIS MORNING undecided

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 12, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Watch how he clearly states that he can never be the same with the people of the South,

Olofo ni e se Oshigun

IPOBian, too early in the morning for your mischief. Of course you will ignore the topic entirely to first and foremost find an issue to pick with the North divisively and not the Igbo ethnic bigots here doing exactly what you are doing.

Go and set up the wares in your spare part shop and stop wasting time here. Your family needs to eat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HAVE YOU WORSHIPPED TINUBU THIS MORNING undecided

Yes I have. He said to say hi to you and other IPOBians like you who will be voting for him in 2023. cool

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 8:37am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Yes I have. He said to say hi to you and other IPOBians like you who will be voting for him in 2023. cool
WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED VOTING FOR HIM TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF KUJE grin
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:
WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED VOTING FOR HIM TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF KUJE grin

Well I am sure Abba Kyari cast the original and first of such votes before you and others did.

He also moved against Osinbajo for daring to be a good President while Buhari was away. Can I ask you where he is today? What will be will be so face your day with that in mind and get more out of life.

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

IPOBian, too early in the morning for your mischief. Of course you will ignore the topic entirely to first and foremost find an issue to pick with the North divisively and not the Igbo ethnic bigots here doing exactly what you are doing.

Go and set up the wares in your spare part shop and stop wasting time here. Your family needs to eat.

Did you see what your Aboki brother ended up saying?
The Ghanaian guy didn't even know how to respond to him, at a point he was staring with his mouth open,

Nigeria would NEVER work

4 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by BiafIntel: 8:45am On Mar 12, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Olofo ni e se Oshigun

Bokoharam idealogy didn't start today. Just look at the reasoning of this jaanjaaweed way back over 60yrs ago, yet some slaves are shouting "one nigeria" upandan.

3 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:57am On Mar 12, 2021
BiafIntel:

Bokoharam idealogy didn't start today. Just look the reasoning of this supporter of APC way back over 60yrs ago, yet some slaves are shouting "one nigeria" upandan.

In this age of information, there is no excuse in defending an obviously failed blood sucking union,

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 8:58am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Well I am sure Abba Kyari cast the original and first of such votes before you and others did.

He also moved against Osinbajo for daring to be a good President while Buhari was away. Can I ask you where he is today? What will be will be so face your day with that in mind and get more out of life.
THE SAME OSINBAJO THAT YOU WOULD RATHER DIE THAN TO SEE HIM BECOME A PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE IS A CHRISTIAN. KEEP ON DECEIVING YOUR SELF. YOU THINK SAY WE NOR SABI SOUTH WEST CHAPTER OF PONMO AND BOLI CRETINS WELLA

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 12, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Did you see what your Aboki brother ended up saying?
The Ghanaian guy didn't even know how to respond to him, at a point he was staring with his mouth open,

Nigeria would NEVER work

Maybe. If you present your argument logically, rather than peddle hate blindly, then you would not come across as someone who has a deep and abiding hatred for the North.

I used to believe in one Nigeria but I am now very okay with the idea of a Yoruba nation. Yet me and you could be no more different as per reason for wanting Nigeria to separate.

Nigeria can work if the North is willing to accept some tough love and embrace restructuring, autonomous state/regional policing and equitable distribution of all human, material and official wealth of Nigeria.

I thought Buhari, if any Northerner can, would deliver this tough love to his own North that will set the North, and indeed Nigeria, on the path of future prosperity.

Buhari deliberately turned his back on what needs to be done. This convinced me a Northerner can never lead Nigeria into a prosperous, innovative, solution-driven and modern age.

If we therefore entertain the risk of a Northerner being President in 2023, because we are in nationhood with the North, then we should separate because everyone is fed up of 'more of the same' while Nigerians keep voting for "change". Let us separate and lead ourselves if being led by the North will always mean slowing down the pace of growth and development of the rest of us.

In fact this is why I am now for a Southern Presidency specifically Tinubu or Osinbajo. I believe, while Nigeria is one, it is now only a Southerner, albeit the right type of Southerner precluding Fayemi etal, that can and will reform Nigeria for the better.

That is very different to you who only hate Northerners primordially and want separation from them today without any thoughts for life in a Nigeria that may refuse to be separated anytime soon.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:
THE SAME OSINBAJO THAT YOU WOULD RATHER DIE THAN TO SEE HIM BECOME A PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE IS A CHRISTIAN. KEEP ON DECEIVING YOUR SELF. YOU THINK SAY WE NOR SABI SOUTH WEST CHAPTER OF PONMO qAND BOLI CRETINS WELLA

Lol. You intolerant IPOBians are such irredeemable ethnic, religious, gender and sectional bigots. What on Earth gives you the impression I am "Yerooba muslim"?

I.e the category you tribalistic and envious Igbos created divisively to destroy the religious harmony of the SW?

Is it because I don't go around attacking Islam and Moslems you therefore assume I am a Moslem? Igbos peeps sha. Una hate sef na die.

3 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by kettykin: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

What links should I waste my time providing to a loathsome bigot whose view of the world does not extend beyond his parochial and ethnocentric limitations?

How are you, a shameless agbaya, better than the Ghanaian girl who said she looks down on Nigerians and see them inferior "beggars"? At least she can hide behind her age. What is your excuse?

Some of you Igbos can never be the best Nigeria has to offer because you don't realize how loathsome and worthless your bigoted character makes you.

Like I said ,no insults. The same igbos you regard as loathsome and bigots are already running the WTO , commanding missile destroyers in US, providing world class solution to stop world pandemic. Leading the world in academics and you are here venting your spleen on the pages of Nairaland.com

3 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by kettykin: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2021
Asgard13:

Forget this local ikire champion.. common Adeshina for agric Bank we no hear world till Iweala mount wto.

Dia competition no get equal... corner them Na blabbing..

I noticed how this people suffer from a high degree of epileptic spasm when ever igbos excel . But the same folks celebrate an uncanny ,strange happiness when they hear an igbo was caught with drugs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 9:39am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol. You intolerant IPOBians are such irredeemable ethnic, religious, gender and sectional bigots. What on Earth gives you the impression I am "Yerooba muslim"?

I.e the category you tribalistic and envious Igbos created divisively to destroy the religious harmony of the SW?

Is it because I don't go around attacking Islam and Moslems you therefore assume I am a Moslem? Igbos peeps sha. Una hate sef na die.
I CANNOT BE DECEIVED cool
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2021
NIGERIABIFRA80 YOU HAVENT TOLD US WHAT NMAZI SAID THIS MORNING
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Heartdanny(f): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2021
I watched this debate till the end and I really enjoyed it. The Nigerian guy is on another level the dude gave them hot hot. He was evening teaching the SA girl of their history. He was seriously defending the blacks in SA. This is when Africa sees eachother as one. I dought any Nigerian will do the same right now.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 12, 2021
kettykin:

Like I said ,no insults. The same igbos you regard as loathsome and bigots are already running the WTO , commanding missile destroyers in US, providing world class solution to stop world pandemic. Leading the world in academics and you are here venting your spleen on the pages of Nairaland.com

Lol you are a shameless loser and agbaya. What are Yorubas doing then? Selling groundnut universally?

Even Kofi Annan, a Ghanaian, was a united nation's supremo and pace setter before all other Africans so what is your point?

An Igbo commanding US nuclear missiles? What do you want Kenyans to say when their son was the first black POTUS with fingers on all nuclear armaments available to the USA?

Just look at the unbelievable and global dominance of Anthony Joshua, Isreal Adesanya, Kamaru Usman and co in combat sport before we even go into the academic, business, medical, legal, IT and professional world universally that Yorubas are dominant in.

The point is that at your age you should know we should not engage in these silly d1ck comparisons because we have done it many times and the Yorubas have never come second to anyone.

It is even innate humility and modesty that prevents the Yorubas, with far more global presence and achievements than Igbos, from 'louding it' and rubbing it in the faces of others ungraciously over our unparalled achievements universally.

This is a discussion about representation of nations by their youths and you insecure Igbos, before anyone else, had to turn it into an ethnic supremacy battle. Ask yourself why Yorubas don't do same despite having more to brag about than all others in Nigeria.

Start acting you age and not your shoe size guy.

4 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:
I CANNOT BE DECEIVED cool

Is it about you "cannot be deceived" or more about you not having any vision beyond your prejudice, bias and stereotyping against others?

Left to bigots like you, the world would believe Yoruba Christians only number about 5% in Nigeria. Lol.
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Buzx: 10:18am On Mar 12, 2021
allcomage:
An average Igbo hates oppression, fearless and will always defend his rights. The Only tribe that has the guts to push for seccesion in the zoo while others stand akimbo looking confused.

I trust stupid people like you to turn this beautiful thread into a tribal war.

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Buzx: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Why can't we just talk about the issues these people raised and leave tribe out of this. Out there, they don't care what part of Nigeria you come from. You're all Nigerians to them. The earlier you people of Nairaland understand this, the better.

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theFilmtric: 10:32am On Mar 12, 2021
kettykin:

since when did swearing loyalty to another nation's army become an achievement?
And since when did Igbos start “leading the world in Academics” ??

theFilmtricsay

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2021
Buzx:
Why can't we just talk about the issues these people raised and leave tribe out of this. Out there, they don't care what part of Nigeria you come from. You're all Nigerians to them. The earlier you people of Nairaland understand this, the better.

You guys should stop this blanket political correctness against all Nigerians and learn to call a spade a spade.

Specifically call out those guilty of the part in bold above for this behaviour here, i.e Igbos, and stop condemning others who tried to do what you said.

The two comments below were the first to set this thread on an ethnocentric path.

The parts in bold below are incendiary and condemnable so have the balls to condemn directly and stop tarnishing all with the ethnocentric brush mainly Igbos deserve to be painted with.

allcomage:
An average Igbo hates oppression, fearless and will always defend his rights. The Only tribe that has the guts to push for seccesion in the zoo while others stand akimbo looking confused.

kettykin:
Where were the free education crew when this debate about Africaby african youths was happening .

The Audacity of the igbo man is in his DNA no tribe in Africa has this level of audacity

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Shut up tribalistic IPOBian, Most Nigerians in the South are like that boy. Till date the Yorubas, including myself, are very vocal in the UK about our core identity and the defence of our race, Country, continent, colour and origin.

Trust you IPOBian megalomaniac to always try and make every damn thing about your myopic self. By the way, that boy is not typical, bigoted and ethnocentric Igbo like you.

If he were he would be preaching about Igbo ethnic superiority and such jargon as you, a shameless agbaya, is doing here.
I have watched many videos from the early days of Nigeria. I have seen speeches by Zik, Balewa, Gowon, Ojukwu, ironsi, Nzeogwu etc. I have never seen any video of note by a yoruba man in that era speaking queen's English. Show me such a video if I'm wrong.
I dare say that yorubas ONLY rose to prominence from 1970 after the defeat of igbos. You guys were mostly spectators to the events of the 50s and 60s

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by selemempe: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol you are a shameless loser and agbaya. What are Yorubas doing then? Selling groundnut universally?

Even Kofi Annan, a Ghanaian, was a united nation's supremo and pace setter before all other Africans so what is your point?

An Igbo commanding US nuclear missiles? What do you want Kenyans to say when their son was the first black POTUS with fingers on all nuclear armaments available to the USA?

Just look at the unbelievable and global dominance of Anthony Joshua, Isreal Adesanya, Kamaru Usman and co in combat sport before we even go into the academic, business, medical, legal, IT and professional world universally that Yorubas are dominant in.

The point is that at your age you should know we should not engage in these silly d1ck comparisons because we have done it many times and the Yorubas have never come second to anyone.

It is even innate humility and modesty that prevents the Yorubas, with far more global presence and achievements than Igbos, from 'louding it' and rubbing it in the faces of others ungraciously over our unparalled achievements universally.

This is a discussion about representation of nations by their youths and you insecure Igbos, before anyone else, had to turn it into an ethnic supremacy battle. Ask yourself why Yorubas don't do same despite having more to brag about than all others in Nigeria.

Start acting you age and not your shoe size guy.
you seem rather pained cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by OBALOLA55(m): 11:45am On Mar 12, 2021
Oshigun:

Is it about you "cannot be deceived" or more about you not having any vision beyond your prejudice, bias and stereotyping against others?

Left to bigots like you, the world would believe Yoruba Christians only number about 5% in Nigeria. Lol.
SO TELL ME WHY YOU ARE CAMPAIGNING FOR TINUBU INSTEAD OF OUR STAR BOY grin
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by overseasnbeyond: 11:53am On Mar 12, 2021
You are monumental failure living on pass glory,The young man did his best but what has become of the country Nigeria now. A country with the highest number of beggars on the street and social media, country that cannot self manage her resources.
Nigeria is definitely cursed with bad leaders
whose mission in governance is stealing and looting with no consideration for the citizens. People like you are paid to do dirty job of praising the leaders for peanut
. [0pquote author=Oshigun post=99814682]

Shame the view you share is the only one you have of this wonderful video.

The Young Nigerian lad did all Africans proud with his independent-minded, racially aware, secure and strong opinions whereas the rest were just divisive, confused, racist and even self-loathing indoctrinated youngsters beholden to the very imperialistic white world at the time.

Instead of seeing that you find a way to insult Nigeria in a situation where the Nigerian spirit in that boy shone brightly to universal commendation from all black people worldwide.

Self-hatred will do that to you. Click the YouTube link and go to the comment section to see what the world is saying while you are too busy hating yourself to the extent you are incapable of separating issues. [/quote]
Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
you seem rather pained cheesy

Pained by the antics of insecure bigots and tribalist? Na bruv. Your kinsmen are the one in pain for always wanting to clannishly claim every achievement of an Igbo as an ethnic one they can then glorify in and associate with.

People who do that only reveal that they don't have much going for them in life on a personal level.

1 Like

Re: 1957 High Schoolers Debate- Nigeria's Boniface Offokaja, Ethiopia, Ghana And SA by theTranslator: 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
selemempe:
I have watched many videos from the early days of Nigeria. I have seen speeches by Zik, Balewa, Gowon, Ojukwu, ironsi, Nzeogwu etc. I have never seen any video of note by a yoruba man in that era speaking queen's English. Show me such a video if I'm wrong.
I dare say that yorubas ONLY rose to prominence from 1970 after the defeat of igbos. You guys were mostly spectators to the events of the 50s and 60s
Lol
Yoruba can never be seen trying to associate with the Europeans to the detriment of their culture
We will always be proud of our accent regardless of where we are
Queen's English is now a criterion for success?
No wonder you guys are like this undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jawdropping Pictures Of A Well Kitted SARS Officer / Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% / Un Report Says Nigeria Militants Strike Fear Across Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.