Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist (841 Views)

Bashir Ahmad Once Called For A Civil War Over Petrol Price Increase From N65/L / The Nigeria We Once Called Zoo / "Nnamdi Azikiwe Once Called Igbo ‘rebels,’ Started Problems We Are Suffering" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:21am On Mar 12, 2021
What's the difference between a liberation movement and a band of terrorists? The simple answer – the one that most often influences policy decisions – is point of view.
Consider the African National Congress (ANC). During the long struggle against apartheid, what the Organisation of African Unity (OAU) saw as a liberation movement, the racist minority government of South Africa labeled as terrorists. Ask one person in Washington and another in Riyadh today about Al Qaeda and you’re bound to get the same diversity of opinion.

But political agendas and legal definitions are two different things, and the distinctions matter. As defined by the OAU, national liberation movements are the organisations that fought for freedom from colonialism or apartheid: Swapo in Namibia; the MPLA in Angola; Frelimo in Mozambique; Zanu and Zapu in Zimbabwe; Kanu in Kenya; and the ANC. Armed oppositions that fought against their own repressive regimes – such as Paul Kagame’s Rwandan Patriotic Front – do not meet this definition.

The 1960 UN Declaration on Decolonisation granted peoples the right to self-determination if they did not have their own state or were under colonial domination, alien occupation or racist rule. This right did not automatically legitimise violent means (or even secession), but subsequent UN General Assembly resolutions and declarations did condone the waging of armed struggles by recognised liberation movements. The UN also granted observer status to a number of liberation movements in the General Assembly.

Defining terrorism is more problematic. Despite several international conventions against terrorism, there is, as yet, no agreement on what the term refers to. Scholars have found no less than 109 definitions used from 1936 to 1981. The one used by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for example, contains three elements: illegal use of force; intention to intimidate or coerce; and underlying political or social motives.

Apply this definition to the ANC or Zanu-PF and the difficulty of distinguishing between terrorist groups and liberation movements becomes apparent.

The Security Council has never legitimised the use of force by any liberation movement, but it does have the authority to decide when force is legal under international law. Even then, however, not all acts committed in the course of an internationally recognised armed struggle would automatically be acceptable. Freedom fighters waging just wars still commit atrocities. Does that make them terrorists?

Legally, no. But practically, the answer often depends on who holds the power to affix the label.
https://saiia.org.za/research/they-once-called-mandela-a-terrorist/

1 Like

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2021
How dare you compare Madibah to Nnamdi?? angry
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Anigreat: 11:24am On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

shocked

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, deserve to be compared with that Noble man , Nelson Mandela. They both have things in common. The most noted thing they have in common is, Mandela (blessed his soul) was a freedom fighter , same thing with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Jerryherd: 11:28am On Mar 12, 2021
Ipobian's and useless chestbeating

1 Like

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by uptimum123(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2021
Thunder fire Nnamdi Kanu and his Ipob followers

2 Likes

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by LokoH(m): 11:30am On Mar 12, 2021
na una sabi, whatever you like label us. International community knows who we are cos they are not as fo0lish as yoruba medias

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Anigreat: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2021
Jerryherd:
Ipobian's and useless chestbeating

shocked

Cry louder please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Madibah(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

He's stupid na
How can he be comparing me to nmamdi
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by BKayy: 11:42am On Mar 12, 2021
Not "Once" Mandela was even sentenced to life imprisonment legally.

https://www.nelsonmandela.org/news/entry/nelson-mandela-sentenced-to-life-imprisonment-44-years-ago

Now see who are celebrating him.
If as a freedom fighter you are not called a terrorist then you are not doing it right or you are a sell out like Uwazulike.
One thing Afonjas don't know is that Ndigbo are far more exposed than they will ever be. One thing about freedom is that you don't need an external party talkless of your hater to identify your freedom fighter for you. If your haters don't hate him then he is compromised.
The more you Afonjas hate MNK the more Ndigbo are drawn to him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 11:49am On Mar 12, 2021
Madibah:

He's stupid na How can he be comparing me to nmamdi
lol cheesy
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by randytt1: 11:52am On Mar 12, 2021
uptimum123:
Thunder fire Nnamdi Kanu and his Ipob followers
Now say it without crying cheesy
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Is slavery not over?

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 11:55am On Mar 12, 2021
BKayy:
Not "Once" Mandela was even sentenced to life imprisonment legally.

https://www.nelsonmandela.org/news/entry/nelson-mandela-sentenced-to-life-imprisonment-44-years-ago

Now see who are celebrating him.
If as a freedom fighter you are not called a terrorist then you are not doing it right or you are a sell out like Uwazulike.
One thing Afonjas don't know is that Ndigbo are far more exposed than they will ever be. One thing about freedom is that you don't need an external party talkless of your hater to identify your freedom fighter for you. If your haters don't hate him then he is compromised.
The more you Afonjas hate MNK the more Ndigbo are drawn to him
Its like you can't breath without calling “afonja” “afonja” from the dead
Lol cheesy grin
Delusional fools
Comparing Mandela to Nnamdi! sad
I'll say this again
If Nnamdi doesn't change his ways and approach

67.70 might repeat itself
Just in a day you guys have created more than 10 afonja threads! cheesy
Don't you have a life?
Or is your shop not having customers?? cheesy
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by uptimum123(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2021
randytt1:
Now say it without crying cheesy

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by BKayy: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Its like you can't breath without calling “afonja” “afonja” from the dead
Lol cheesy grin
Delusional fools
Comparing Mandela to Nnamdi! sad
I'll say this again
If Nnamdi doesn't change his ways and approach

67.70 might repeat itself
Just in a day you guys have created more than 10 afonja threads! cheesy
Don't you have a life?
Or is your shop not having customers?? cheesy
LOL, for the start. Not every shop owner is the only person attending customers (thanks to Nigerian unemployment rate that makes cheap workers available) . Secondly it doesn't take up to 3mins to comment.
As for 60-70, is it not already happening? The only difference between then and now is that this time Ndigbo are only complaining on social media while SW feels the heat in reality.
Remind me who has people in refugee camps outside the country?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by SLAP44: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Not to sound biased, but Nnamdi Kanu has quietly surpassed Mandela.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
BKayy:

LOL, for the start. Not every shop owner is the only person attending customers (thanks to Nigerian unemployment rate that makes cheap workers available) . Secondly it doesn't take up to 3mins to comment.
As for 60-70, is it not already happening? The only difference between then and now is that this time Ndigbo are only complaining on social media whole SW feels the heat in reality.
Remind me who has people in refugee camps outside the country?
Hahaha
Feeling which heat?
I live in Ogun I know what I'm saying
Feeling heat and your brothers,fathers are trooping to the SW in millions? cheesy
If you don't know benin rep is just like Ogun
I can cross the border like I'm going to the barbershop
So they just left their houses and met their family in Benin rep.
Remember Benin rep. Speaks Yoruba
So its really easy to live over there
The border is really porous
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Monogamy: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
SLAP44:

Not to sound biased, but Nnamdi Kanu has quietly surpassed Mandela.
Never disappointed in you guys Always talking trash Nnamdi?? cheesy grin
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by BKayy: 12:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Hahaha
Feeling which heat?
I live in Ogun I know what I'm saying
Feeling heat and your brothers,fathers are trooping to the SW in millions? cheesy
If you don't know benin rep is just like Ogun
I can cross the border like I'm going to the barbershop
So they just left their houses and met their family in Benin rep.
Remember Benin rep. Speaks Yoruba
So its really easy to live over there
The border is really porous
I don't care if you bath in Benin Republic and change your clothes in Nigeria. The fact remains that you were displaced out of your ancestral land by a foreigner and you took refuge in Benin Republic against your will, which makes you a refugee.
As for the bolded. It is not an easy task trooping to your primitive land to civilize you. Just like the Romans we are doing a service to humanity to complete the civilization the white men left uncompleted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by darkwan: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
look how una are trying to save the image of ipob now....

when we were warnin una to go the political way,una didnt listen....
biafla or death una said....

now,its too late....

1 Like

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
BKayy:

I don't care if you bath in Benin Republic and change your clothes in Nigeria. The fact remains that you were displaced out of your ancestral land by a foreigner and you took refuge in Benin Republic against your will, which makes you a refugee.
As for the bolded. It is not an easy task trooping to your primitive land to civilize you. Just like the Romans we are doing a service to humanity to complete the civilization the white men left uncompleted.
Lol anything to boost your morale cheesy
Quick advice wink
Quit developing Lagos,Ogun,kano etc
Develop your 5 states
Then we know you're serious
Benin rep. Is also our ancestral land cool
And I don't know what your business is if the people you are always screaming hates you leaves a part of their land and goes to another part
Why the pain and dwelling on that issue?
Was it not you that said the Dahomey amazons beat the Yoruba whereas only the Egba defeated them twice and collected tribute from them?
You guys lie a lot
From Nnamdi to you
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by SGANIVA(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
nnamdi kanu will be great than Mandela if he later succeeded in division of Nigeria . nnamdi kanu have saved More souls than any African leader of 21 century.with nnamdi kanu 's ESN ,we are living like we are in another country in the middle of nation's security challenges .

thank you nnamdi kanu
God bless ESN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by gidgiddy: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
Mandela was once an armed militant who fought white minority rule in South Africa. At one point, Mandela soent over 6 months in Nigeria soliciting for funds and arms.

He later returned to South Africa and continued the fight until he was declared a terrorist, arrested and jailed

Today, Mandela is one of the greatest men to come out of Africa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Monogamy: 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Quick advice wink
Develop your 5 states

And I don't know what your business is if the people you are always screaming hates you leaves a part of their land and goes to another part
Was it not you that said the Dahomey amazons beat the Yoruba whereas only the Egba defeated them twice and collected tribute from them?
You guys lie a lot
From Nnamdi to you

@ bolded can never be possible...

How about the vow to Amadioha to see the development of other regions before Alaigbo?
Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by BKayy: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

Quick advice wink
Deve, lop your 5 states

You guys lie a lot
From Nnamdi to you
As you can see below, no space remaining for additional development that's why God instructed us to find a space in our heart and move our positive mindset and some of our development to the ungrateful savages in SW.
As for the beautiful courageous women of Dahomey that raped your soldiers those days, thats story for another day

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Idiko1: 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
theTranslator:

It is very silly to put Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in the Mandela's path. Mandela actually participated in terrorist actions in Republic of South Africa while Nnamdi Kanu has not blown up a can of beer in Nigeria. Nnamdi Kanu is not a terrorist, Mandela was.

1 Like

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by theTranslator: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
BKayy:

As you can see below, no space remaining for additional development that's why God instructed us to find a space in our heart and move our positive mindset and some of our development to the ungrateful savages in SW.
As for the beautiful courageous women of Dahomey that raped your soldiers those days, thats story for another day
Its easy to argue with you guys
You don't think and make research before typing shit
Lol
And that is a picture representing development?
Dust everywhere?
And high rise buildings without lifts? cheesy
See here
Beautiful doesn't mean high rise symmetrical dusty places where everything is square shaped cheesy

abeokuta the ancient city

Lagos the no man's land

Lagos

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1684002_tumblr_mnoyvtz5jj1s0i6geo6_1280_jpeg4b04c966d666d6f132b899ed53192525
Ibadan

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7237832_3475215422178707015863157165153112234131456n_jpeg175b780a11e16f782813bdb490ae4d7e Ekiti

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11941751_download_jpeg_jpeg54bde0b5320b19a098d0a382a7482522 oshogbo the grove place
Ondo for those who love nature
We have land and we use it as we like
We don't brag like you guys do because we know more than 80% of Nigeria still needs development

And about the Dahomey
Only Egba my clan defeated the savage semi women and men
Go read history
Only us and the French have been able to subdue them in history
They paid tribute to us

Gbagura simplyleo Yorubalord Yorubalagba Omoluabi1stson
See nice pics smiley

1 Like

Re: Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist by Madibah(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Idiko1:

It is very silly to put Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in the Mandela's path. Mandela actually participated in terrorist actions in Republic of South Africa while Nnamdi Kanu has not blown up a can of beer in Nigeria. Nnamdi Kanu is not a terrorist, Mandela was.

Guy stop mentioning my name for Christ sake

(1) (2) (Reply)

FACT CHECK. Has Nnamdi Kanu Failed Just Like ESN? / Senate President Lawan Blames Saraki For Buhari, APC Failure I / Northern Nigeria Is A Liability To The Nigerian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.