Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips (4451 Views)

IR-2 Us Immigrant Visa: My Experience So Far / UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 3:33am On Mar 13, 2021
Hello Nairalanders!

I wanted to share a few tips/suggestions from our experience when applying for the double-entry Schengen Visa for tourism. Check it out below!

1. You do not need to hire or pay for anyone to complete this visa application for you. You can 100% do it yourself, in fact I completed the application and created the cover letter for my husband's Schengen visa myself and we had no issues at all. YOU GOT THIS! grin

2. I’ve included a copy of my cover letter. This made the consulate job easy when reviewing our application and was my personal checklist that I included what was needed for our request.

3. Determine the type of visa you need based on your reason for travel and how many times you need to enter the Schengen zone. Don’t forget the 90/180 rule (you can’t stay more than 90 days within a 180 day period).

4. If you have never been approved for a Schengen visa, don’t apply for multiple-entry on your first attempt. It’s highly unlikely to be approved and would simply be wasting your time and money.

5. Make sure you apply at the correct consulate/embassy, otherwise you will be turned away. You want to apply at the embassy/consulate in the country where you will be spending the most time during your stay. Doesn’t matter what country you are entering first, so ask yourself “where will I spend most of my time”? That’s the embassy you’ll want to apply at.

I hope you find this helpful.

Safe travels and be well!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by ImDStar: 5:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Make I book space

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by LMS1(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2021
Me Too grin

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by MVLOX(m): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2021
I dey fully with anything way concern leaving Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Amanee(f): 6:33am On Mar 13, 2021
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by 1beat(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
YOU DO WELL

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by gnykelly(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
you are applying from USA. come naija come apply

6 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by suxes2005(m): 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
This does not in anyway apply to Nigerians applying
for Schengen Visa from Nigeria.

SHALOM

7 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Juoflife1(f): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
You're applying from USA, it's easy na. As a US citizen or PR, Do you even require a Visa to visit europe?
It's tough here.

4 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
Juoflife1:
You're applying from USA, it's easy na. As a US citizen or PR, Do you even require a Visa to visit europe?
It's tough here.

My husband is Nigerian and yes he requires a visa. It’s all about documentation. People apply from Nigeria to Europe all the time and they get it, and it’s mainly due to proper documentation.

Also PR require a visa as well. Visa requirements are based on the passport holder citizenship, not where they live.

I’m wondering if the reason why it’s more difficult applying from Nigeria is due to fraudulent documentation being used and the inability to show ties back to your home country.
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
suxes2005:

SHALOM
Perhaps the reason why it’s more difficult applying from Nigeria is due to fraudulent documentation being used and the inability to show ties back to your home country. What I’m finding is that proper documentation has been key to approvals.

Peace and blessings!
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Ashirioluwa: 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Your case is slightly different from people back home here in Naija. You are a US citizens and your hubby a US PR card holder so your chance of getting visa to any country is very high compared to someone who is applying with a Naija passport from Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
Your case is slightly different from people back home here in Naija. You are a US citizens and your hubby a US PR card holder so your chance of getting visa to any country is very high compared to someone who is applying with a Naija passport from Naija.

That’s possibly correct. But keep in mind that many Nigerians travel FROM Nigeria to Europe frequently. So my recommendation to significantly improve your chances of approval when applying from Nigeria with a Nigerian passport is that you simply make sure your documentation is legitimate. That has been one main disqualifying issue.
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
Mstravelindiva:

Perhaps the reason why it’s more difficult applying from Nigeria is due to fraudulent documentation being used and the inability to show ties back to your home country. What I’m finding is that proper documentation has been key to approvals.

Peace and blessings!

You are not far from the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Canih28: 12:22am On Mar 14, 2021
I see
Since I dey Naija...

2 Likes

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 7:20am On Mar 14, 2021
justwise:

You are not far from the truth

Thank you! wink Remember, they have their embassy in Nigeria for a reason.
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by popez: 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
suxes2005:

SHALOM
g

Please do you have sufficient knowledge of schengen visa? Like, does it come with work permit?
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by popez: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2021
Please Op, does Schengen visa come with work permit?

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
popez:
Please Op, does Schengen visa come with work permit?

We applied for the tourism, so no it not come with a work permit.
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by suxes2005(m): 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2021
popez:
g

Please do you have sufficient knowledge of schengen visa? Like, does it come with work permit?

Lol

You can apply for Schengen work permit from Nigeria.

Check with the embassy's website. German, Polish, Austrian ... etc etc

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by popez: 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2021
suxes2005:

Lol

SHALOM

Thanks
Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by popez: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2021
suxes2005:

Lol

SHALOM

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schengen Visa | My Experience And Tips by Mstravelindiva: 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Top Five Cinemas In Nigeria / My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London / After Ur Bsc, Is It Still Worth It Going Abroad To Hustle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.