Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office (22654 Views)

How To Do MTN Welcome Back Yourself Without Going To MTN Office / New Policy For SIM ‘Welcome-Back’, Replacement / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:40am On Mar 13, 2021
ok
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Bedesipop(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2021
Ha
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by kenyguy(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2021
Try another mtn office
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by 99thEnemy(m): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Let me make this serious issue subtle a bit. We dont wish that our device get lost, but somehow they do. Most times we are lucky, the person that picks up the phone puts call across so we get them back. Some other awry times, the device get lost forever. The later was my fate.

My phone got lost on 25th february, the line rang just once and got switched off till yesterday (almost two weeks) when I tried it curiously and it rang, a lady picked, said hello, and hung the phone. Sharp lady is using my sim with my phone, I assumed.

Now the gist is this, why will MTN and NIMC
decide to suffer people who lost their sim cards?
A visit to the MTN office will convince you that people are really suffering. I left my house on more than 3 occasions as early as 3am to get at most a number that falls between 1 and 10. Off course, I did get favourable numbers, but when the MTN officials arrive you do hear that there is no network; that maybe network will be available by 12pm or evening hours.

My brothers naso I stayed at MTN office till 5 without getting the replacement card, there are days the MTN officials will attend to only 3 or 4 customers.

MTN AND NIMC PLEASE make sim replacement as easy as it used to be.

With 15 to 25k, you can track the phone with DSS.

After arrest, the culprit will be made to reimburse you.

Then the person will continue his or her own wahala with police.

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Xcelinteriors(f): 9:42am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
If You Have Ever Let Your Ex Go Why Cant You Also Let Your Sim Go For Good?.
Op Carry N100 Go Buy New Sim And Safe Your Self The Fvcking Stress. grin
Some people will just open mouth and be saying rubbish what if that is his business line and where will you see the sim to buy? No communication company is selling or registering any sim now. Je jukwa ese meaning go and ask

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by ipobarethieves: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2021
sad Same situation everywhere Glo told me that my pic nor dey their database and my name is spelt okuboh instead of Okunb idahosa..That there's nothing they can now until FG lift ban on sim reg.Nah so I waka go out

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by BeaconV1(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2021
I did my Airtel welcome back at Airtel office I had to pay 5k I swear
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by tonididdy(m): 9:44am On Mar 13, 2021
Ahmad62:
Nigerian government always has a special way of suffering the masses.... #RevolutionNow!
Fcvk that revolution shit.
This country ain't worth dying for nigga.
If you can't beat them, join them or run away.

A living coward is more hopeful than a dead legend
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by kense88: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Same fate with me, first time I went, there were plenty people, same no network gist. I left and came back a week later that was 10days ago. I went by 5pm cos possibly there will be network then.

There were lots of people out there, the security man beamed with smiles when he saw me undecided I was like who d helll is this one, he gave me that weird smile and said I should enter.

Tohh I entered but I was so unlucky that day cos my thumbprint couldn't be detected. I almost cried grin cry

which Kain wahala be dis. I was told to come back in two weeks time which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully my fingers won't mess up this time
your finger or there worthless device. Everything about this shit hole piss me off

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by ipobarethieves: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
if u buy new SIM,how u want take register it?
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Gabriel459(m): 9:45am On Mar 13, 2021
mtn staff collected 1k from me. saying that 100 is for sim and 900 is for airtime which will be bundled with d sim. But since yesterday 1pm I did the welcome back, I've not seen the airtime.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by FalseOracle50: 9:46am On Mar 13, 2021
I see the sim officials writing you a letter of apology, I see them sending a delegate to come retrive the sim for you in your home. I see you sharing this testimony in your church on Sunday.

This I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 9:47am On Mar 13, 2021
kense88:
your finger or there useless worthless device

I'll go with the latter grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:48am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:

You guys Will just wake up and be blabbing like an slowpoke. In a bit to sound funny, you turned out looking stupid. Where is SIM sold for 100bucks now, where Will you even see it buy, do you know how hard it is to replace SIM cards now, it took me Two months!!. Guy just go dey comment for joke section.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by owendei(m): 9:49am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
Op Carry N100 Go Buy New Sim And Save YourSelf The Fvcking Stress. grin
Where did you by a sim for #100 since this sim/nimc thing got hot?
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 13, 2021
The reason why there is so much hardship in Nigeria is because Nigerians tolerate suffering.
If you tolerate something it Only grows and becomes worse.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Sapeleboy911(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2021
This is Nigeria everybody na criminal. If you don't offer bribe, those guys won't attend to you. I had a similar experience during my NIN enrollmen. I went there as early as 6 am and got number 10. To my greatest surprise those that came at about 2pm, where being attended to while I was busy standing under the hot sun. I and a few others had to cause havoc and scattered the whole place. Could you believe these guys called for securities and we were thrown behind bars? Even after explaining everything to the police men, all our explanations fell on deaf ears. I had to bribe my way through, even paid for the NIN slip that is free and was boldly written 'NOTE TO BE SOLD.
After capturing they said I should come and collect my NIN in two weeks time. I paid 2k and was given my NIN instantly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by LMS1(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2021
KnightsTemplar:

You guys Will just wake up and be blabbing like an slowpoke. In a bit to sound funny, you turned out looking stupid. Where is SIM sold for 100bucks now, where Will you even see it buy, do you know how hard it is to replace SIM cards now, it took me Two months!!. Guy just go dey comment for joke section.
Guy Kolo Dey Your Head Walai!
Ignoring You Wil Be My Best Offer. You Think Say U Normal?
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by BafanaBafana: 9:54am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:
Op Carry N100 Go Buy New Sim And Save YourSelf The Fvcking Stress.
This Is Nigeria Or Have You Forgot? grin
They don't sell new Sims for now
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by makinson2865: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2021
Come to Ibadan you will do it with ease!
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by LMS1(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2021
owendei:
Where did you by a sim for #100 since this sim/nimc thing got hot?
For Black Market Bruh grin
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by AlphaStyles(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2021
just know that Nigerian government can never make things easy for you instead they will double the suffering for you. I don't see why in this period they will be stressing people anyhow yesterday I was passing through an area and I saw people outside the sun and the gate locked while there was canopy inside these MTN staffs have no human sympathy when you talk they say it's because of covid so because of corona you left people outside the sun for hours?

please if you have a phone and u have important contacts synch it to your Google account or Gmail so that incase you loose your line or phone you can easily get those contacts back because if you still depending in sim back up by this time SUFFER NEVER TIRE YOU

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Charlex23(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Same fate with me, first time I went, there were plenty people, same no network gist. I left and came back a week later that was 10days ago. I went by 5pm cos possibly there will be network then.

There were lots of people out there, the security man beamed with smiles when he saw me undecided I was like who d helll is this one, he gave me that weird smile and said I should enter.

Tohh I entered but I was so unlucky that day cos my thumbprint couldn't be detected. I almost cried grin cry

which Kain wahala be dis. I was told to come back in two weeks time which is this coming Tuesday. Hopefully my fingers won't mess up this time
Lol. do u stay in lagos
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Akinbahm(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2021
Ahmad62:
Nigerian government always has a special way of suffering the masses.... #RevolutionNow!

In as much as I believe Nigerian Government are specialized in suffering the masses Nigerians themselves we are not making things subtle for ourselves...

Imagine just because the Government said they will hike the fuel price and our petrol stations have started hoarding and/or add increment to theirs just see ow wicked and/or shallow some Nigerians are in their thinking...

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by owendei(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2021
LMS1:

For Black Market Bruh grin
I applaud you this this joke
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by baddosky1: 10:10am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

Let me make this serious issue subtle a bit. We dont wish that our device get lost, but somehow they do. Most times we are lucky, the person that picks up the phone puts call across so we get them back. Some other awry times, the device get lost forever. The later was my fate.

My phone got lost on 25th february, the line rang just once and got switched off till yesterday (almost two weeks) when I tried it curiously and it rang, a lady picked, said hello, and hung the phone. Sharp lady is using my sim with my phone, I assumed.

A visit to the MTN office will convince you that people are really suffering. I left my house on more than 3 occasions as early as 3am to get at most a number that falls between 1 and 10. Off course, I did get favourable numbers, but when the MTN officials arrive you do hear that there is no network; that maybe network will be available by 12pm or evening hours.

My brothers naso I stayed at MTN office till 5 without getting the replacement card, there are days the MTN officials will attend to only 3 or 4 customers.

Sorry oga..it is deliberate! How can MTN that provides network for users complain about network? Those 3 or 4 customers they attend to parted with some ejunje or achirachi (bribe). Even the current NIMC officials are now collecting money to register NIN.

In one of the external outlets close to my area where NIN registration is going on, my neighbor recounted that after standing in the queue and it gets to your turn, after your details have been captured, they will deliberately press a button on the printer so it won't print your NIN slip and pretend it is faulty. Then they tell you to go and "wait one side" so they can capture the next person and while waiting, another official will tell you to pay 2k so that the machine will print.

When you hustle 2k come, machine will automatically print your NIN as if it was wired to work with N2,000 undecided

5 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Soseed: 10:20am On Mar 13, 2021
What are the necessary info needed for the sim replacement. Pls reply
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Donspicey: 10:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Bro just pack out from that compound before the landlady will use ur destiny.....
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 10:21am On Mar 13, 2021
Charlex23:

Lol. do u stay in lagos

Nah north

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by justhairs(m): 10:22am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

same here. I have been going there for the past one week now. its really crazy.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by OduntanGabriel(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2021
Joysticks:
How can MTN say there is no network when you can browse with MTN data in their office?They just want you to bribe them before they can attend to your case.Na money the staff want.
I went to glo office at opebi,ikeja to enroll for NIN registration and the security man at the entrance told me that people have booked down for the enrollment.He didn't tell me when to come back.I know say na money them wan collect but I no get shishi.

It is very possible, the application they are using might be experiencing some difficulties (downtime). So you may still have access to browse , have network on the phone but no network to operate the App at the office.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2021
Soseed:
What are the necessary info needed for the sim replacement. Pls reply

Just ur simpack and nin cert or whatever they call it.

If your simpack is not available, get an affidavit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twitter User Laments Over Exploded Samsung Phone / Mtn Startpack >> How To Migrate >> Benefits >> Tariffs And Bonuses / FG: Issuance Of New Sims To Resume April 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.