Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,282 members, 7,957,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office (23440 Views)

Customers Destroy Fence At MTN Office In Festac (Video) / Protests Erupt At MTN Offices Across Nigeria Over Mass SIM Card Disconnection / Massive Crowd At MTN Office Ikotun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by just2endowed: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2021
vincent561:
So sorry about your experience. When you finally get your new sim,turn on the sim pin request. That way,once that phone goes off or someone tries to switch your sim into another phone,it will request for that pin before it works.

I lock my sim too... If it get lost, I have no worries

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by sameks08(m): 10:24am On Mar 13, 2021
the easiest way to define Nigeria is frustration thanks

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by AMvanquish: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

I tried tipping, no network. why wont there be network in an mtn office. the days you wont go, u will hear that there was network.

The network they are complaining about is the NIMC server they use to verify and link SIM , not
Their own network. NIMC is the main problem here, I got my own bitter Xperience yesterday.
The NIMC server experiences alot of downtime during the day, it is over due for upgrading.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by femijay8271(m): 10:27am On Mar 13, 2021
baddosky1:

Sorry oga..it is deliberate! How can MTN that provides network for users complain about network? Those 3 or 4 customers they attend to parted with some ejunje or achirachi (bribe). Even the current NIMC officials are now collecting money to register NIN.

In one of the external outlets close to my area where NIN registration is going on, my neighbor recounted that after standing in the queue and it gets to your turn, after your details have been captured, they will deliberately press a button on the printer so it won't print your NIN slip and pretend it is faulty. Then they tell you to go and "wait one side" so they can capture the next person and while waiting, another official will tell you to pay 2k so that the machine will print.

When you hustle 2k come, machine will automatically print your NIN as if it was wired to work with N2,000 undecided

this is exactly what happens to my wife about the NIMC stuffs. those guys are just playing pranks on ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Offpoint1: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

grin grin grin grin grin free me lol
He's not going to FREE you, in fact I'm buying the case... If it was Dangote that smiled at you, would you have made that comment?

Naso una dey look down on young hustlers...

I want you to go back to that place and smile back at that guy and told him you were in a bad mood last time.

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 10:31am On Mar 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

He's not going to FREE you, in fact I'm buying the case... If it was Dangote that smiled at you, would you have made that comment?

Naso una dey look down on young hustlers...

I want you to go back to that place and smile back at that guy and told him you were in a bad mood last time.

U won't understand shaa wink
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by joelag: 10:36am On Mar 13, 2021
Naija don cast long time ago, I paid 1k to fuel local government generator, before they registered me for lassra card in Lagos.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Offpoint1: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

U won't understand shaa wink
See! Right now, I'm going to smile at you and I give you 5 seconds to smile back... To make up for that guywink
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by maureensylvia(f): 10:40am On Mar 13, 2021
Offpoint1:

See! Right now, I'm going to smile at you and I give you 5 seconds to smile back... To make up for that guywink

Offpoint free me lol grin
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Offpoint1: 10:48am On Mar 13, 2021
maureensylvia:

Offpoint free me lol grin
God save sef you smile back, if no be so you for know the kind person I becheesy

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by stanisbaratheon: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Due to how sim cards are now in demand, I'm thinking of selling one of my own I'm not using grin
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2021
OduntanGabriel:

It is very possible, the application they are using might be experiencing some difficulties (downtime). So you may still have access to browse , have network on the phone but no network to operate the App at the office.
Nigeria factor.

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 13, 2021
AMvanquish:

The network they are complaining about is the NIMC server they use to verify and link SIM , not
Their own network. NIMC is the main problem here, I got my own bitter Xperience yesterday.
The NIMC server experiences alot of downtime during the day, it is over due for upgrading.
It is sabotage not server issue.Imagine customers are booking down for NIN registration.Na so them tell me for glo office for Allen.No be to drop something and go.When they finish they will call you to come and collect your NIN with ease?
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by olajohnson5(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2021
I also lost my phone in January and it's unfortunate that I can't retrieve my number up till this moment.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by southpole: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2021
MTN has been like that for many years, over 5 years ago I had similar experience with MTN but when I remembered that I am not a a share holder in that company, I left and I have never use MTN product again and everything is fine with me. When customers begin to leave in their thousands because of poor customer service the company will change.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by oluwatobi43301: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2021
:Lol. do u stay in lagosNah north
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by dxplora: 11:22am On Mar 13, 2021
Wàhálà no dey finish
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by themanderon: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2021
Making life difficult for Nigerians is what this government is good at. They are like king Saul whom God used in punishing the Israelites.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by jfkenny(m): 11:26am On Mar 13, 2021
Lovexme:
What MTN center did you go to?

I did mine at the MTN office at ICM on Thursday. I got there just some few minutes past 7am and I was number 16 on the list of those to be attended to on that day.

The network problem came up, but it didn't last long. I left for my office by 1pm with a SIM.
nnewi
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by jfkenny(m): 11:29am On Mar 13, 2021
vincent561:
So sorry about your experience. When you finally get your new sim,turn on the sim pin request. That way,once that phone goes off or someone tries to switch your sim into another phone,it will request for that pin before it works.
my major sim is locked , the second sim is not locked that is what the small thief is using

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by vincent561(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2021
jfkenny:

my major sim is locked , the second sim is not locked that is what the small thief is using
Oh! Better.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Ben404040: 11:47am On Mar 13, 2021
Hope you have done the needful at your banks end.
We dont want stories that touch the heart

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by charlesucheh(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2021
MickzyDonald:

Stop smoking weed you won't hear,what if that's his official line, his banking line just imagine...but I'll suggest you call one of the inside workers aside tell the individual your problem and give them the hint that you'll tip them off if they can sort your sim problems, i spent 5k just to do a welcome back even when they where shouting there's no network grin, i even met some people that have been there since 4am bro grin....
let money rule this one if your sim is important
What if he is not as financially buoyant as you

you just measured up his situation using yours as a tool for solving it.. that's not right!!

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by olatunde75(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
I v a similar issue since 21 Jan but luckily I v got it back @ their head office @ aromire st off Kingsway road opposite golden gate hotel ikoyi Lagos. Just be there wit ur national I d, voters card or international passport and ur sim pack or sworn affidavit u will get it

1 Like

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by kennyamusan(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
you have not stayed for 3months now. For someone like me, wetin make I talk
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by chidinwachukwu(m): 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Those MTN staff are as corrupt as Nigeria itself,a whole private company creating crowd problem and then asking for graft.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Ashirioluwa: 1:21pm On Mar 13, 2021
More reason there’s no progress in this country. This can’t happen in advance countries, the phone company will lose money because westerners value their time. They are not going to any fucking company to queue for 20 minutes not to talk of hours even days

2 Likes

Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by MickzyDonald: 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
charlesucheh:
What if he is not as financially buoyant as you

you just measured up his situation using yours as a tool for solving it.. that's not right!!
O didn't view it like that I'm sorry, but he also said he tried tipping them off when he quoted me, if he badly need the SIM going through the right process will elongate the matter as he might still not get it in a month or so, I've also stayed like a day to three in their office before taking that step as i can no longer bear the pains,thats the issue with the MTN services
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Kaceman(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
99thEnemy:

With 15 to 25k, you can track the phone with DSS.

After arrest, the culprit will be made to reimburse you.

Then the person will continue his or her own wahala with police.

How you do am cuz my own miss ee pain me die
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Theanyanwu: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
This isn't MTN's doing, it's the cause from NIMC.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Theanyanwu: 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
Joysticks:
How can MTN say there is no network when you can browse with MTN data in their office?They just want you to bribe them before they can attend to your case.Na money the staff want.
I went to glo office at opebi,ikeja to enroll for NIN registration and the security man at the entrance told me that people have booked down for the enrollment.He didn't tell me when to come back.I know say na money them wan collect but I no get shishi.
It's not from MTN o. It's from NIMC. I had similar issue last month, it wasn't funny at all.
Re: Sim Card Welcome Back: My Agony At MTN Office by Theanyanwu: 2:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
eedimo:
I have replaced my MTN SIM on three occasions at different locations (Jos, Makurdi, Calabar). I haven't had a reason to complain.
I'm surprised reading this.
when was this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Your Iphone Friends Jealous Of Your Android / See What Happens When Your Smartphone Falls / ***:::N-gage Zone:::***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.