Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Home Garden - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Home Garden (23273 Views)

Compost Recipes For Home Garden? / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? / My Tomato Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Home Garden by jeromestarks: 4:35pm On Oct 31, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Set goals. Stay quiet.
Achieve them. Stay quiet.
Set bigger goals. Stay quiet.

People can't ruin what they don’t know.

lipsrsealed
You deserve a hug.

1 Like

Re: Home Garden by pocohantas(f): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Nigeria done hard. The mods are now pushing agriculture threads to the frontpage. If we won’t farm commercially, we should at least farm for subsistence. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Home Garden by ambient: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2022
I would love to grow curry leaf and scent leaf,do they do well in pots?
Re: Home Garden by Joystic: 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Set goals. Stay quiet.

People can't ruin what they don’t know.

lipsrsealed

How does telling people about your goals/plans ruin them? I'm really indifferent about this line of thinking.. I could be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Home Garden by clockwisereport: 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2022
2021 thread made fp in 2022
Re: Home Garden by Uchedizzy(f): 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2022
Apc govt don turn everybody to farmer , nice one keep it up
Re: Home Garden by NohurryInLife: 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

Set goals. Stay quiet.

People can’t ruin what they don’t know.

lipsrsealed
Na true you talk. But not everytime. What will be will be my brother. Good evening!

1 Like

Re: Home Garden by Tfx1: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Home Garden by Raregems247: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2022
Way to go. GREENERY
Re: Home Garden by FarmTech(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2022
ambient:
I would love to grow curry leaf and scent leaf,do they do well in pots?
Yes they do. So long as you water and fertilize well. Avoid soapy water.

1 Like

Re: Home Garden by FarmTech(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2022
pocohantas:
Nigeria done hard. The mods are now pushing agriculture threads to the frontpage. If we won’t farm commercially, we should at least farm for subsistence. grin grin
Exactly. Backyard farming will help a lot of people in this hard times. It can save a lot of cost.
Re: Home Garden by FarmTech(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2022
Rebuke:
what about mosquitoes? Won't mosquitoes be attracted to such areas or how do yhu handle that?

I love things like these every time I see them but I don't think I have the strength for it. Considering the fact that yhu have to look for where to get the needed sand(soil) and keeping the compound clean at the same time. As in, I feel it will deface the compound as a whole undecided
It will attract mosquitoes. But they can be controlled inorganically with insecticides. Organically, natural mosquito repellent like Lantana camara can be used. But I don't know how effective they are.
If you value the cost-savings, all hindrances will be secondary.
Lantana camara picture:

Re: Home Garden by Rebuke: 9:27pm On Oct 31, 2022
FarmTech:

It will attract mosquitoes. But they can be controlled inorganically with insecticides. Organically, natural mosquito repellent like Lantana camara can be used. But I don't know how effective they are.
If you value the cost-savings, all hindrances will be secondary.
Lantana camara picture:

Interesting. Thanks, knowledge acquired.
Re: Home Garden by AlphaTaikun: 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2022
dettemanon:
Plants can be grown in the ground and in bags, containers, buckets, pots, and so on. Of course, it's better not to disturb the sprouts, not to touch the leaves, and not to move the bag because this will damage the plant's roots. But I like your way, guys. I think this way you can grow even the largest root vegetables like carrots and potatoes. You need bigger and deeper bags for that. However, a bag isn't the best container for exotic plants that need special care. I've spent a long time researching which plants I can breed for sale. Now I know how to propagate bird of paradise, because it's an expensive flower, and I can earn more from it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super gene and Tenera sprouted palm nuts seedlings is available. / Make Over 300% Profit From Planting Ginger / Vertical Sack Farming, Earning More From A Smaller Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.