Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? (909 Views)

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by definitelyCYRIL(m): 7:23am On Mar 14, 2021
Hello guys..is it okay for a 21 year old male to leave his parents house and leave alone

I am planning on moving out of my fathers house because he is making it unbearable for me here....mind you, he still pays my university fees...will it wise to move out and pay my own rent and have him take care of my school fees alone or should I stay till I graduate? I'm currently at 200L...
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Skyfornia(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
Hello guys..is it okay for a 21 year old male to leave his parents house and leave alone

I am planning on moving out of my fathers house because he is making it unbearable for me here....mind you, he still pays my university fees...will it wise to move out and pay my own rent and have him take care of my school fees alone or should I stay till I graduate? I'm currently at 200L...
I started staying alone at age 18.....infact as a young guy, my apartment was the meeting point for all my friends, that's where we partied, frolicked with women and etcetera. I was like a king among them..cause all my friends were loyal, if you no loyal, I no fit allow you bring your babe come straf for my apartment grin cheesy

Life of a young chap..

Now my advice to you OP....if you move out, how sure are you that your Dad will continue paying your school fees? Who will pay for the apartment you are moving into or you intend to move in with a friend?

I suggest you stick to your dad's house, tolerate all his behaviors and graduate first, but if you have the cash/means to sponsor yourself, then move out for your own peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Cutehector(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2021
Pls move out.
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by definitelyCYRIL(m): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2021
Cutehector:
Pls move out.
why do you say so?
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Chrisceejay: 7:31am On Mar 14, 2021
For me eeh if u ave what it takes to do so y nt bt if it will end in regret b/c of financial isues just stay and manage it bt don't always stick arround the house always go out wit frnds to avoid some mayhem or even go holidays.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by definitelyCYRIL(m): 7:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Chrisceejay:
For me eeh if u ave what it takes to do so y nt bt if it will end in regret b/c of financial isues just stay and manage it bt don't always stick arround the house always go out wit frnds to avoid some mayhem or even go holidays.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Chrisceejay: 8:14am On Mar 14, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
thanks.
wlcm my dear
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by meobizy(f): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2021
No. Wait until you reach 80 years. Thank me later.
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by pozehnani(f): 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
You don't have e a bearing yet and you want to leave to go and start living on your own? You think it's easy to pay bills.? And what gives you the assurance that he'll continue paying your school fees if you leave his house knowing it was because of insurbodination you left.

No matter what your father does to you, as long as he's still feeding and paying your school fees, you'll continue to respect and be under him until you are man enough to challenge his authority and that when you are working and can fend for yourself.

Don't be deceived, if you leave now, frustration will bring you back and it might be too late for you to be accepted back into his house.

Remember, you too will have a son some day. How would you feel if he treats you the way you're treating your old man. It doesn't take anything from you to be humble to a man who brought you into this world and catered for you up to this level.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2021
If you can survive on your own, yes. If not, wait a while longer to save. Do what's best for you, whatever that may be.
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by ImaIma1(f): 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2021
Unless you have the means to pay your school fees. If not, endure till you graduate. When on holidays, be scarce; going on holidays with different relatives or get a holiday job.

The less he sees, you, the less he can frustrate you.

What kind of issues do you guys have anyway?
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Richy4(m): 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2021
So... He pays your school fees... Who will pay for the rent, electricity, food etc?.. Are you working somewhere or what?

Could you throw more light into this premature exit.. the last time I checked, moving out means u can now stand on your own.. that includes Financially
shocked .
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by definitelyCYRIL(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
Richy4:
So... He pays your school fees... Who will pay for the rent, electricity, food etc?.. Are you working somewhere or what?

Could you throw more light into this premature exit.. the last time I checked, moving out means u can now stand on your own.. that includes Financially
shocked .
I am currently financially stable enough to pay my own rent...I have a small business that brings in some cash..but I can't afford to pay my rent and school fees at the same time... I plan on talking to him about it to know if he could be able to continue helping me with my school fees till I graduate. while I deal with the rent and feeding and co...what do you think?
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by Richy4(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:
I am currently financially stable enough to pay my own rent...I have a small business that brings in some cash..but I can't afford to pay my rent and school fees at the same time... I plan on talking to him about it to know if he could be able to continue helping me with my school fees till I graduate. while I deal with the rent and feeding and co...what do you think?

I think you are good to go buddy best of luck...
Just be nice while talking about it and make sure the place you will be relocating to is closer to your institution.. that will strengthen your case... and it will eliminate Transport fare... smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2021
Uncle, wait till you finish school before moving out. E get why
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by AishaYesufu: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2021
definitelyCYRIL:

You aren't independent yet wants to move out. You think (falsely) that it is bed of roses out there...
Re: Is It Alright For A 21 Year Old Male To Leave His Parents House And Live Alone?? by macnino399: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2021
This is the same way my friend with similar age as yours got small earnings and decided to move out. He eventually got an apartment, furnished it and before you new it, the business folded. 1year is already up and he could no longer renew the rent.

Guess what?
He's back at his father's house now.

Bro, don't let youthful exuberance force you to do something you'd later regret, if the house is no longer comfortable for you, go to your school hostel and stay.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / My Junior Brother Need A Factory Work Please Help / Nairalanders How True Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.