Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Baby Would Not Take Formula - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Baby Would Not Take Formula (1357 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / My Baby's Transformation... / Suggest A Name For My Baby Girl: The Naming Ceremony Of My Baby Is Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 11:24pm On Mar 14, 2021
Hello dear mothers, my baby is 2 months old but would not take formula (Nan). I know we are told to breastfeed babies exclusively for 6 months but I don't think breast milk is enough, she keeps sucking every now and then and I'd be resuming work soon... Should I change the formula brand? Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thank you.
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by timro(f): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2021
Hi Ma'am.

I actually had the same experience and was advised to spoon feed my baby.

I would likewise advice you to use a baby bowl and baby spoon to feed your baby before trying other options.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by frozen70(f): 8:13am On Mar 15, 2021
Lamanii22:
Hello dear mothers, my baby is 2 months old but would not take formula (Nan). I know we are told to breastfeed babies exclusively for 6 months but I don't think breast milk is enough, she keeps sucking every now and then and I'd be resuming work soon... Should I change the formula brand? Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thank you.

Don't mind her, they love the taste of breast milk more than formula

I will advise you follow the instructions on the container on how to prepare her for which is one level spoon to 30ml, having done that, while breast feeding her, play with her remove your nipple and put on the feeder immediately, she will suck, notice the change in taste and start looking at you, the moment she wants to react, return your breast bact to her mouth, she will be happy sucking it and repeat the same process

She has to learn how to take that formula and Nan is very ok don't introduce any other one so far it's not purging her

At three months introduce pap with enough formula

3 Likes

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
frozen70:

Don't mind her, they love the taste of breast milk more than formula

I will advise you follow the instructions on the container on how to prepare her for which is one level spoon to 30ml, having done that, while breast feeding her, play with her remove your nipple and put on the feeder immediately, she will suck, notice the change in taste and start looking at you, the moment she wants to react, return your breast bact to her mouth, she will be happy sucking it and repeat the same process

She has to learn how to take that formula and Nan is very ok don't introduce any other one so far it's not purging her

At three months introduce pap with enough formula

Ohh okay ma... Thank you very much ma... I'll do just that...
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
timro:
Hi Ma'am.

I actually had the same experience and was advised to spoon feed my baby.

I would likewise advice you to use a baby bowl and baby spoon to feed your baby before trying other options.

Thank you.

Okay thank you ma...
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lamanii22:

Try SMA Gold, it is a delicious formula for babies that are two months old.

I think sucking is instinctual to babies. Give a baby your fingers and he will suck till he discovers there is no liquid coming out and will start crying again.

Be patient to make the hot prepared baby's food cool down to the temperature she likes. Then let the hole of the nipple of that feeding bottle be very big , not small like you used needle to puncture it.

If your baby drank water for the past two months of her life , feeding her shouldn't be a problem because her food and water are both liquid.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by sim37(m): 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2021
infants are very sensitive to change of formula, force feed the child until he get use to it, and when it's time to change again samething will happen. I will advise you give the child more water and little formula

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by ThiagoKid(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pix of the baby not taking formula or idonbelivit tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by NoToPile: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please don't force feed your child and the baby should take ( breast or formula)milk only till 6months.

Babies seem to love SMA gold its very creamy cheesy you will just have to add about 1k to the price of NAN

4 Likes

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by HarunaWest(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lamanii22:
If only you knew that breast milk is the breast formula for your baby, you would endure.....Breast milk builds the best immunity for your baby. He/she grows well, grows strong and very healthy so far you feed well..
I will implore you to exhaust all options before administering formula to your infant.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
ethicallyright:

Try SMA Gold, it is a delicious formula for babies that are two months old.

I think sucking is instinctual to babies. Give a baby your fingers and he will suck till he discovers there is no liquid coming out and will start crying again.

Be patient to make the hot prepared baby's food cool down to the temperature she likes. Then let the hole of the nipple of that feeding bottle be very big , not small like you used needle to puncture it.

If your baby drank water for the past two months of her life , feeding her shouldn't be a problem because her food and water are both liquid.

Thank me later.

Ohh okay thank you very much.
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 5:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
HarunaWest:

If only you knew that breast milk is the breast formula for your baby, you would endure.....Breast milk builds the best immunity for your baby. He/she grows well, grows strong and very healthy so far you feed well..
I will implore you to exhaust all options before administering formula to your infant.
Cheers

I know best milk is the best and all but thing is I'm going to resume work.... Formula will have to fill in for me...
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
sim37:
infants are very sensitive to change of formula, force feed the child until he get use to it, and when it's time to change again samething will happen. I will advise you give the child more water and little formula
don't give water to a baby less than 6 months

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lamanii22:

I know best milk is the best and all but thing is I'm going to resume work.... Formula will have to fill in for me...
What of expressing?
Or using cup and spoon

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by lilyheaven: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2021
H

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
What of expressing?
Or using cup and spoon

Okay.. I will try that one as well thank you ma.
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by Lamanii22(f): 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
lilyheaven:
I had the same experience, he wouldn’t take formula,
I used breast pump to press out breast milk, it was really stressful initially , after awhile, I got used to it.

Ohh wow... Okay ma
Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by SweetCunt97(f): 7:23am On Mar 19, 2021
HarunaWest:

Cheers
Endure what exactly? Shey you men need women to work and all so how d fvck will she breastfeed exclusively and still b going to work? Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: My Baby Would Not Take Formula by HarunaWest(m): 7:55am On Mar 19, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Endure what exactly? Shey you men need women to work and all so how d fvck will she breastfeed exclusively and still b going to work? Mtcheeew
By their NL username,.....You shall know them..The person I advised has already responded. However, you decided to chook your mouth inside wetin no concern you.
Shift ahbeg.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tears Flow As Quintuplet Brothers Carry Their Only Dead Sister’s Coffin – Photos / I Celebrate You Babe...happy Valentine's Day!!! / What Should Know As You Consider Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.