Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience (38357 Views)

Emefiele Pleads Not Guilty To Unlawful Possession Of Firearm / Kiki Osinbajo Denies Owning N800m House In Abuja, Slams Jackson Ude / Peter Obi: Life Is Not About Owning Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Ladycewhy(f): 2:29am On Mar 17, 2021
24countries:

Yep, but I change my mind.
Now, I'll take a screenshot of it, and make it my WhatsApp dp. lipsrsealed
Lol, I see you want to invite trouble. Don't let your family and friends start holding deliverance service on your head o. It's a weird thing to have on your WhatsApp dp , enlightened or not. Trust me you don't want to go there.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by AFONJACOW(m): 2:31am On Mar 17, 2021
I don't need a license to own AK47 in Nigeria after all nobody is asking fulanis their own license, black market is there , I just walked in and get my gun and get ready for any Fulani intruder

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by 24countries: 2:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Lol, I see you want to invite trouble. Don't let your family and friends start holding deliverance service on your head o. It's a weird thing to have on your WhatsApp dp , enlightened or not. Trust me you don't want to go there.

Kidding
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by 24countries: 2:47am On Mar 17, 2021
Ladycewhy:

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Ladycewhy(f): 2:50am On Mar 17, 2021
24countries:

Why are you awake?
I should be asking you same.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by 24countries: 2:55am On Mar 17, 2021
Ladycewhy:

OTS...
Thinker...
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Ladycewhy(f): 2:58am On Mar 17, 2021
24countries:

OTS...
Thinker...
Whatever that means ,good for you I guess. undecided.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by princeogbeide1(m): 3:38am On Mar 17, 2021
mutantninja:
I advise everyone reading this thread to try to get a gun for your own protection... the feeling is priceless and you feel like after God you have powers to defend yourself... I was walking on an empty road with my gf to cross to a nearby ATM while our car was parked across early this January and some guys came, 4 of them ... haggard looking and stinking of weed smell.. saying: “oga find your guys something or e go bad this night for you and your fine babe”.. my girl was not scared one bit she was just looking at me smiling and waiting for my reaction... I was busy withdrawing from the ATM after I finished i turned back and noticed they surrounded our passage... I just pulled out my English pistol from my holster (image is attached below if you don’t know what’s it is) and I talked very calmly: “who wan test my bullet first?” Immediately they all took to their heels... young boys aged of 19-25 ... the oldest one of them was walk-in backwards saying, “boss calm down no be so... boss ... boss and walked the other way”.... my gf was just laughing and screaming at them “make una come na” .. i inserted my gun back to my holster and drove off.... of course I had a wonderful night with my gf later at home that night...

Intresting piece. If I may ask, what if one or two of those boys had a gun, will it be a gun battle? You know some notorious robbers are with fire arm, this is where it becomes tactical.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by pacespot(m): 4:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Op didn't tell us how much it cost him to get the gun licence?
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by SmartPolician: 5:51am On Mar 17, 2021
OiOi:
south east right?

Yep
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Munzy14(m): 6:51am On Mar 17, 2021
mutantninja:
I advise everyone reading this thread to try to get a gun for your own protection... the feeling is priceless and you feel like after God you have powers to defend yourself... I was walking on an empty road with my gf to cross to a nearby ATM while our car was parked across early this January and some guys came, 4 of them ... haggard looking and stinking of weed smell.. saying: “oga find your guys something or e go bad this night for you and your fine babe”.. my girl was not scared one bit she was just looking at me smiling and waiting for my reaction... I was busy withdrawing from the ATM after I finished i turned back and noticed they surrounded our passage... I just pulled out my English pistol from my holster (image is attached below if you don’t know what’s it is) and I talked very calmly: “who wan test my bullet first?” Immediately they all took to their heels... young boys aged of 19-25 ... the oldest one of them was walk-in backwards saying, “boss calm down no be so... boss ... boss and walked the other way”.... my gf was just laughing and screaming at them “make una come na” .. i inserted my gun back to my holster and drove off.... of course I had a wonderful night with my gf later at home that night...
grin
I like this your story.

Very calm and intimidating, your girl go do well that night...She saw the power of a man in u..cheesy

Self protection is very important...I am from a family that dwells in that.. It comes with a cool calm relaxed mind.....

2 Likes

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by eedimo(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Police no longer give license for possession of firearms. They said it's a directive from the IG

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Fejoku: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2021
DEBJOCH1:
IF IT IS THAT DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE TO GET, WHY IS IT THAT FULANI AND BOKO BOY EASILY GET THEM SO HANDY WITHOUT STRESS?,
It's so easy for those group because they don't bother about the law due to their knowledge of Nigeria being a lawless place. Just know how to get out of any net in case you're found out then you won't have to bother about the law or license. The Nigerian system prefers a dead Nigerian to a living one. Hospitals don't treat injured Nigerians unless money is presented because they don't value the life of that person. The Nigerian security men including the police find it so easy to shoot a citizen for as small as R200 because they don't value the life of the citizens. They won't shoot a foreign national like that if they know him to be a non-Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by JuanDeDios: 7:59am On Mar 17, 2021
Someone7:
Honestly. This should be an option in Nigeria right now. All I have for personal protection are pepper sprays and clubs in my car and in the house. Seriously considering getting some training and getting a firearm
How did you get the pepper spray? Is it like on Jumia or you have to go through wahala for that one too?

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by LegitPlug: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by ghettochild(m): 8:20am On Mar 17, 2021
mutantninja:
Gun we dey carry upandan here in SA.
If u need a license gun...
WhatsApp me +27671385952
I don't have time for chancers ooo.
You will be required to send the supporting documents needed as well as shipping fee n and maybe u should talk to the Nigerian authority u would be buying a licensed gun frm abroad...
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Offpoint1: 9:00am On Mar 17, 2021
Extremefiles:
Getting my license was the easiest part. Please do not be confused with my first sentence. When I say easiest part I meant it was easier than getting the firearm itself. Took me several months to actually get proper documentation. After getting my license I realized there was virtually no shop you could just walk into with your license to purchase a gun. After months of inquiries, and countless offer of old rusted relics I was able to purchase a banelli m4 through a link from one of the police stations in Abuja.

The whole process took almost 10 months. This was a few years ago. I don't know how hard/possible it is to get a licence now. Guns yes i know because still use the link for maintenance. Due to not having no option in terms of repairs and servicing. Gun ownership and maintenance is a bit on the high side.

Other licensed gun owners what's your experience
Please what's the first step? Am I going through court or through police?
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Psoul(m): 9:07am On Mar 17, 2021
mutantninja:

Guy, you too like watching action films.
You just wish that what typed here is just real you.
Well, enjoy the fantasy u create and live in.
Sometimes I do fantasy a thing like this.
Sometimes, it makes ur heart have this kind of fake joy that still calms you heart down.
But don't do too much of this. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Psoul(m): 9:11am On Mar 17, 2021
shegzhkn:
Oh, Lol.

Where as in one country you can get a gun in a liquor store to say the least, a high caliber weapon.

Well the landscape is different sha, Let me call Kamala harris bruv to offer his own submission.

Egunmojaji2 are you on ??

There are many liquor shops you can also get high caliber guns here in Nigeria. They are even many here than over there.
One thing u should know is that any liquor shop dat sell guns are illegal outlets be it here or there.
So stop putting us down in everything.
Thanks.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by rita25(f): 9:36am On Mar 17, 2021
THIS THREAD IS DONE BY A DSS GUY JUST TO FOLLOWUP ON UNA WEY GO RUN MOUTH ON OWNERSHIP OF GUN................AND SOME MUMUS HAVE ALREADY RAN THEIR MOUTH..................ME I DONT HAVE GUN I HAVE WETIN PASS GUN SHA

3 Likes

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2021
JuanDeDios:

How did you get the pepper spray? Is it like on Jumia or you have to go through wahala for that one too?

Noo wahala there, is available on jumia and konga
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by KrazyDave16(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2021
Is it possible to own and carry 2 at a time?
Do I need a special license for high caliber rounds??... I want to show them stubborn street rats something

In short someone should walk me through the process here in Nigeria and the ETA for getting it all.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Born2conquer: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

Nope! Element of surprise always disarms the greatest bravado! Especially when they are not on a home turf.
In a home invasion, the 1st tin to do is to hit 1of the assailant from a vantage point and then kill the lights!(assuming it's a night invasion) trust me the rest of the team would shoot randomly and exit as soon as possible
Now they know you have a gun, they will come back later and pick you out.
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Born2conquer: 10:26am On Mar 17, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Both of you should getout!!
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Rapture4real(m): 10:41am On Mar 17, 2021
Let me introduce you to pi network
Pi is a new form.of cryptocurrency ,just like bitcoin in its early stage in2008 it's being mined for free now.and the process of mining it is stress free.all you need to do is download the app sign up and click a button once every 24hrs.
Though the cryptocurrency has no value now till it's listed in stock market/exchange by the need of 2021.
But untill then people are mining it for free and accumulating pi coin and it has over 13million plus users and counting.
Mining might stop at anytime because the coreteam are developing pi wallet and market places when they are done,it will stop.
So download the app and start mining,it will not take you more than 5sec of your time everyday to do so for a brighter future when it actually becomes reality.And don't forget to verify your number or Facebook by going to your profile in the app.by doing this ,you will not loose your earning when pi goes to exchnange,
If you are interested, download Pi app from play store and enter my invite code (pst4sam) on sign-up
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Extremefiles(m): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2021
Offpoint1:

Please what's the first step? Am I going through court or through police?

Police
Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Psoul(m): 11:26am On Mar 17, 2021
punisha:
Still got my late dads own...rusty and gets oiled up once in a while...very nice custom made pump. Basically there for rememberance purposes.
Didnt bother getting mine maybe someday soo ....thanks for this thread OP.

do u still have your links contact?
is it still possible to get a beautiful pump in this dispensation?

In as much as it is necessary for everyone to defend his/herself in this country now, mehnnn....owing guns should be for matured and mentally balanced people.

A very close friend who was working wt a very high official of the Federal High Court gave me this small 8-round English gun.
The gun was so sexy and beautiful. The guy had access to so many exotic things ranging from expensive wines, wears and cars.
He just dash me that gun then.
Those day of my youth exuberant.....Oh my God. I will just wield the machine anyhow to anyone that tried to mess wt me.
I always feel like pointing the gun on someone and pressing the trigger.
Most times, I carried the machine with me day and night not even thinking of what to say if caught by the Police.
I go the office with it. It gives me joy and confidence having her around me.
She was a very beautiful piece to behold.
I will wake up in the night and feel like shooting into the air and shout..."Wey dem Dem...Who be you...You wan try"
But I thank God the strict discipline instilled into me by my no nonsense parents was able to suppress the youthful rascality in me den.
Without that disciple and special grace of God, I may be in the prisons now or dead.

So in summary, gun should be for matured and sound minded ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by DarkJeddi(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2021
DonX001:

Are you required to give definitive reasons for owning the gun when applying?
And what reasons are acceptable and valid?
Like can you as a civilian just apply and say you want one for self defence? Or there are specific reasons you must say.

Finally how much did it cost you in total to get the licence, excluding the cost of the gun (you can tell us the cost of the gun separately).
And where can I apply for a license and training in how to use the gun if I want one?
Before now the main reason for owning a firearm in Nigeria is for hunting purposes..
That is why Shotguns like Double barrel and Pump Action guns were the easiest to acquire..
As of 2012,a Semi Automatic Shotgun goes for around 160K..
So I estimate that it would cost upwards of 350K currently..
But with Bubu's current clampdown on gun ownership in Naija,I doubt that it will be legally easy to get access to such again..

2 Likes

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by DarkJeddi(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2021
DEBJOCH1:
IF IT IS THAT DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE TO GET, WHY IS IT THAT FULANI AND BOKO BOY EASILY GET THEM SO HANDY WITHOUT STRESS?,
You can easily own a gun in Nigeria,just not legally..

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by shegzhkn: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2021
Psoul:

There are many liquor shops you can also get high caliber guns here in Nigeria. They are even many here than over there.
One thing u should know is that any liquor shop dat sell guns are illegal outlets be it here or there.
So stop putting us down in everything.
Thanks.

Lol @ bolded text.

High caliber weapon grin

Even the best of the best of your elite security operative don't have access to those babies.

1 Like

Re: Owning A Legal Firearm In Nigeria: My Experience by Jakumo(m): 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2021
Extremefiles:
Getting my license was the easiest part. Please do not be confused with my first sentence. When I say easiest part I meant it was easier than getting the firearm itself. Took me several months to actually get proper documentation. After getting my license I realized there was virtually no shop you could just walk into with your license to purchase a gun. After months of inquiries, and countless offer of old rusted relics I was able to purchase a banelli m4 through a link from one of the police stations in Abuja.

The whole process took almost 10 months. This was a few years ago. I don't know how hard/possible it is to get a licence now. Guns yes i know because still use the link for maintenance. Due to not having no option in terms of repairs and servicing. Gun ownership and maintenance is a bit on the high side.
Other licensed gun owners what's your experience

Ya mon. I-and-I must pack heat to keep away Babylon people who tink dem cyan intimidate I-and-I. No bomboKLAT cyan near you now, brethren.

On a serious academic note, you are now the proud owner of THE most devastatingly potent home-defense weapon ever crafted by the hand of man-pikin. With this beautiful but supremely devastating instrument of equalization now confirmed to be in your custody for life, I hereby bestow you with membership amid the hallowed ranks of Nigeria's Exalted Brethren of Da BigBoom, with all rights and privileges implied.

Anything that gets hit with a blast from your pump gun, will drop with a loud thud like a sack of potatoes, never to twitch again. With all protocol thus duly observed, let me touch on the life-and-death topic of shotgun marksmanship.

BrotherExtremeMon, It is absolutely IMPERATIVE that you cycle AT LEAST a few hundred rounds through that gun, firing at flying targets launched by a very light and portable "clay pigeon" flying target throwing machine, set up in a suitably remote location where multiple gun blasts will not serve as an invitation to enemies of progress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvp5c35z8SM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-JLo-SuAoA

Now, you may well be asking yourself why the phuck you would choose to waste valuable ammo shooting at flying clay pigeon targets, when you could be saving that precious buckshot ammunition to bust open the craniums of marauding herdsmen, eviscerate home invasion armed robbers, or simply light up the night skies every once in a while as the mood dictates, just to let all the neighborhood villains know there is a new sheriff in town.

Why the phuck indeed. The reason why any shotgunner would choose to INVEST in a few crates of practice ammo, is simply because there is no faster and more effective way to consistently hit FAST-MOVING-TARGETS, than by devoting some HOURS to some serious clay-pigeon shooting. The launch trajectory of your target can be varied randomly as your skill level grows until you become a seasoned marksman that can INSTANTLY aim, shoot and comprehensively annihilate even the swiftest moving targets one could ever encounter in any self-defense scenario.

So, Young Grasshopper, you must go forth and acquire a clay pigeon launching machine, along with a few crates of targets, to begin this shotgunner's journey into inner ultimate enlightenment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burial Photos Of Dr. Chinelo Megafu / We Are Shock That Kaduna Gov. Has Stop Feeding Muslim In Ramadan - Sheikh / Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.