Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno (62772 Views)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Ambush, Kill Several ISWAP Fighters (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian Soldier, Hussaini, Killed In A Boko Haram Ambush In Zamfara (Photos) / Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele Killed In Boko Haram Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
I
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by VillageHead: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
which way Nigeria?
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by sevo(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
Fighting an endless war....God forbid
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
well deserved!
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by oyeb15: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Idi Amin once charged troops not to expect living a long life but a short eventful, memorable life and when it comes to die for a good course, you dont think twice as a soldier.

It is Nigeria that every soldier want to reach 100 years and enjoy as a family man. This will diminish you prowess on d battle feild.

Every soldier is trained to kill and be ready to die defending his fatherland.
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Funkeshuga(m): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2021
I'm surprise southerners are still sacrificing their lives for this saboteurs, inhumane, evil and religion chauvinist aboki

7 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by property123: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
That should tell you the serious depletion of the army.

EzeNri:
My question is, why would a Major be commanding a Battalion, a Special Force Battalion for that matter?

A Colonel should command a Battalion, Brigadier General, a Brigade and Major General a Division.

A Major should be commanding a Company not a Special Forces Battalion please.

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by SachaBastien(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
If every soldier goes home, this war will end and no more soldiers dying like rats.
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by OBALOLA55(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2021
lamentor78:
What can I say, the same army are informant to Boko Haram
YOU ARE A WISE MAN
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by pickatyouu: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
This is a sad news.
But na fg and nigeria army dey do dem selves

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by livinbygrace: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
EKONGKING:
So a soldier from Rivers paid ultimate price for a issue which does not concern any body in the state . While a soldier from north east part of the country will mount road block ,harass and extort money from people of river state.
In this geographic expression aka failed nation ,there seems to be federal character of sharing duties ,only in respect to soldiers ,while juiciest political, economical , military duties are reserved for one section of the country.

Wont be suprised ,if one of the boko supporters in fulani army has leaked the information as usual.

Goodmorning!!We have been telling you this for long but seems some people have been blindfolded.The same gimmick is being carried out b the so called EFCC ,sending almost all our well-to-do youths to prisons and seizing all their properties and selling them off at lower unimaginable prices to their folks from the North.As it is now,Northerners are taking over the south,while humiliating and harrasing the southerners and some of you keeps hailing them .

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by JoeEeL(m): 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
A FOOOL & AN IDIOT.

ANY SOUTHERNER STILL SERVING IN A FULANI JANJAWIID ARMY, ESPECIALLY FROM A BIAFRA NATION THAT WAS ALMOST ANNIHILATED IN THE 60'S... IS AS DUMB AS A DONKEY!

All sensitive positions across the country is all skewed to the North. But when it comes to fighting Boko Haram, they are liberal enough to have enough recruits from the South.

Honestly, its like southerners are not smart o. I swear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by thatkindthing: 4:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
This is really a sad one, RIP to him
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
OboloMAN:
Tears flowed as News filtered in last night that one of Obolo's (Andoni) finest Soldier was ambushed and killed by Boko Haram Insurgents in the Gudumbali general area of Borno State. His 10-vehicle convoy was on its way to the Gudumbali area from the town of Kukawa for a military operation against the insurgents when it came under fire.

In the fierce battle that occurred during the attack, Major Urang and other troop members were severely wounded and paid the ultimate price while the Nigerian Army killed “scores of the terrorists” who came with rocket launchers and grenades.

Until his death, Major U. I Urang was the commanding officer 123 Special forces battalion of the Nigerian Army and had led many successful operations against the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) popularly called Boko Haram.

The entire Obolo Nation, Andoni LGA, Ijaw, Rivers State, and Nigeria mourns as we call for the immediate end of insurgency and unnecessary death of our gallant officers.

Rest in Peace Major Urang !!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2920272641530847&id=100006444180337

Rivers State lost Colonel Ken Elemele in 2019. Major Urang in 2021. May their souls rest in peace. Rivers State serving Nigeria with their Oil money and men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by NigeriaCOC(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
peace
Maxymilliano:
So this was the Commanding Officer (CO) that was sacrificed along with 14 of its gallant troops for Buhari's incompetence cry cry cry
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Germi9: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
BabaOwen:
A man from Andoni, fighting a useless fight that was created by Kanuri politicians.
am sad!!! i noticed that the officers from the south are targeted the most, doesn't worth dying for..
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by gambia(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
It's a lost battle, may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by purselle05: 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2021
so sad...
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Benda59: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
They are setting up top ranking officers from the south east and south west drafting smaller ranking s/e, s/s officers into their division and finally setting up the ambush so the shoulders can get killed. Reducing the military influence the s/s and s/e have, just in case of cessision tomorrow. Be wise

3 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by livinbygrace: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
Germi9:

am sad!!! i noticed that the officers from the south are targeted the most, doesn't worth dying for..

Goodmorning!!EFCC will look into the matter.

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by SarkinYarki: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
All southerners should pull out of the Nigerian Army now till we understand what Buharis relationship is with these Terrorist and Bandits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Plut01: 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2021
ednut1:
A coup is long overdue biko

The few Southern generals that can divert attention away for a coup to be successful are being taken down already.

So if a coup would happen right now, it would be by the same Northern termites. Not a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by obosi2028(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
knightsTempler:

When fulani herdsmen, bandits, BH or ISAP kill any members of your unfortunate family you sprout out from, may the world remember to tag it a fake news. Ise!!
but the man died for nothing.fighting for what he does not
know aboutt . Boko Haram was create to kill the Easterns but is unfortunate it has back fire.

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by CoolAmbience(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
EKONGKING:
So a soldier from Rivers paid ultimate price for a issue which does not concern any body in the state . While a soldier from north east part of the country will mount road block ,harass and extort money from people of river state.
In this geographic expression aka failed nation ,there seems to be federal character of sharing duties ,only in respect to soldiers ,while juiciest political, economical , military duties are reserved for one section of the country.

Wont be suprised ,if one of the boko supporters in fulani army has leaked the information as usual.

You people won't stop all these unnecessary talks.

Do you know how many military officers who have lost their lives in the creeks and coastal areas of the Niger Delta and other parts of the South?

We don't have to bring in ethnicity whenever serious issues come up.

Which juiciest positions are reserved for people from a particular section? Is the immediate past president of the country not from the South south?
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by BabaO2: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
We objectively need foreign help. Both past and present military personnel are just grandstanding for nothing, ordinary Boko haram, herdsmen and banditry have exposed them to be just noisy incompetent washout, na only to dey kick armless citizens on the road
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Idiko1: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
OboloMAN:
Tears flowed as News filtered in last night that one of Obolo's (Andoni) finest Soldier was ambushed and killed by Boko Haram Insurgents in the Gudumbali general area of Borno State. His 10-vehicle convoy was on its way to the Gudumbali area from the town of Kukawa for a military operation against the insurgents when it came under fire.

In the fierce battle that occurred during the attack, Major Urang and other troop members were severely wounded and paid the ultimate price while the Nigerian Army killed “scores of the terrorists” who came with rocket launchers and grenades.

Until his death, Major U. I Urang was the commanding officer 123 Special forces battalion of the Nigerian Army and had led many successful operations against the Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) popularly called Boko Haram.

The entire Obolo Nation, Andoni LGA, Ijaw, Rivers State, and Nigeria mourns as we call for the immediate end of insurgency and unnecessary death of our gallant officers.

Rest in Peace Major Urang !!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2920272641530847&id=100006444180337

There is nothing such as Andoni LGA Ijaw. In addition, Andoni LGA is not and have never been Ijaw. The word, Urang, is not Ijaw. It is very silly people from an insignificant entity tend grab what cannot defend.
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by COYS: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Mumuni what's the contribution of the Nigerian Air Force in the fight against terrorism
Gofwane:
My heart so cold towards these Nigerian Army guys that I don't feel any sympathy for them anymore. They've allowed themselves to become objects of ridicule through corruption and lack of professionalism.

Shout out to the Air force. Their standards are top notch.
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Coldie(m): 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
Make me president of Nigeria and I will end Boko haram in one year
Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by Micmuzac: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2021
BlackfireX:

ipob miscreants spotted.

your statement have been sent to appropriate quarters
see this one, where's your appropriate quarters? BMC, Daura S.S or the Amputated forces of the Niger

1 Like

Re: Major U.I Urang Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Borno by SpeakOutNaija: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
tit:
They killed Colonel London from Ahaoda last month,
Now Major Urang.
Rivers officers are wipe out from army.

Colonel Kenneth Elemele from Omoku Town in Rivers State was first killed in 2019 by same Boko Haram ambush

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinyelu Chizoba Ndubuisi, Buhari's Pilot Shares New Photos / Photos From Mamman Daura's 80th Birthday Party In London. FFK Reacts (Video) / Update On The Rumuola Flyover Wike Started 3-Weeks Ago- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.