Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Why Did I Get An OTP? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Did I Get An OTP? (1839 Views)

My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? / Did I Get A Cloned Device? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did I Get An OTP? by drlaykay(m): 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
I woke up to see an OTP on my phone, sent by "VFD MFD".
I didn't run any transactions or any activities whatsoever that required having an OTP sent.

I googled and discovered it's probably from a microfinance bank. I don't have any affiliation with them.
I hope all is well?

PS: just remembered I have some money fixed with cowrywise and can't withdraw till few months.
But I didn't even open the app or did anything on it.
Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by Kaybaba1997(m): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
Be careful it I perceive scam... You might receive a call telling you they are from your bank and want to do some kind of check then ask for that code I WARN DON'T SEND IT. once you do all your money is gone

7 Likes

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by drlaykay(m): 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kaybaba1997:
Be careful it I perceive scam... You might receive a call telling you they are from your bank and want to do some kind of check then ask for that code I WARN DON'T SEND IT. once you do all your money is gone
Well, thanks for the tip although I don pass that level. The criminal has to be very sophisticated
I just hope someone is not trying to secure a loan with my data.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by harmargedon: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
something fishy is going down.
Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by drlaykay(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thanks guys. My brother in the USA opened an account with my number. I had to call to confirm it's him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by zenith4biz(m): 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Thread carefully, you can still be scammed

5 Likes

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by zenith4biz(m): 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
drlaykay:
Thanks guys. My brother in the USA opened an account with my number. I had to call to confirm it's him.
Have you done video call to confirm his face, be careful once again be careful

9 Likes

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by sunshineV(f): 12:05am On Mar 16, 2021
do video call o make night workers no clone ur bro whatsapp load ur account

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did I Get An OTP? by candygist: 10:04am On Mar 16, 2021
drlaykay:
I woke up to see an OTP on my phone, sent by "VFD MFD".
I didn't run any transactions or any activities whatsoever that required having an OTP sent.

I googled and discovered it's probably from a microfinance bank. I don't have any affiliation with them.
I hope all is well?

PS: just remembered I have some money fixed with cowrywise and can't withdraw till few months.
But I didn't even open the app or did anything on it.

Don't you disclose the OTP with anyone. Mind who u give your phones too. Scam alert

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Things You Don't Like About Your Current Phone? / Pictures From TECNO MTN Nigeria SPARK 10 5G Unveiling In Lagos / IOS6.X Untethered Jailbreak - Jailbreak Your Apple Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.