Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad (4329 Views)

US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Staying Abroad Permanently OR Living In Nigeria Permanently: Which Do You Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,I am 30years old and currently live in Germany . Honestly I am tired of this Whiteman land and I want to relocate back to Africa by end of next year  but every one that is close to me has told me not to ever think about coming back to Nigeria. Currently I have an equivalent  of savings of 130,000usd which i made during this cryptocurrency bull run and i have a three bedroom flat in Nigeria.I feel that it doesn‘t make sense for me to have such an amount of money and still do a work of 3000euros per month. My other concern is about the high rate of start up failure in Nigeria  but i do not mind going to other African countries where the business environment is friendly . Please i need advice .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by RichMediaSpace: 3:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Come home

Make sure you come over to this axis if you want to Base in Lagos. Choose the island between Lekki to Sangotedo. You go chop life tire, e go be you like say why you no come since ten years

Make sure you don't stay outside these locations in Lagos. If you choose any where else, make sure it's Abuja. Otherwise don't come o. I beg you with my laptop.

Disclaimer :

Over 85% of Nigerians here are unsuccessful hence they will tell you negative tales about why you shouldn't come.

I've engaged Nigerians who returned and all were happy. And shocked that the country isn't as negatively portrayed on the media

Come up, take a month or three months leave. I bet you, within 3 months, you'll validate all I mentioned here.

You can check the locality of your choice, look into what it needs and setup a business and make as much as 12k euros a month. Fact. Nigeria is just one thing, people. If you meet good, progressive, positive people, they'll influence and charge and thrust you to greater heights.

Choose your clique carefully. And bro

The person not to trust in Nigeria is actually the one you trust the most.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
You go chop life tire, e go be you like say why you no come since ten years

Its true. You go chop life tire with your "equivalent of savings of 130,000usd which i made during this cryptocurrency bull run and i have a three bedroom flat in Nigeria". And when you chop life finish you will hopefully come and tell us all about it so we too can learn from your "chop life finish" experience, though to be honest with you, I think you are going nowhere anytime soon!

2 Likes

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
budaatum:

Its true. You go chop life tire with your "equivalent of savings of 130,000usd which i made during this cryptocurrency bull run and i have a three bedroom flat in Nigeria". And when you chop life finish you will hopefully come and tell us all about it so we too can learn from your "chop life finish" experience, though to be honest with you, I think you are going nowhere anytime soon!
Bros at this age i am not thinking of choping life and i de live very quiet life . i just want to invest on my startup and run a successful business to pass down to my unborn kids

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by vizkiz: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
$130k is enough to start a legit business and live good in Nigeria.

Your choice.
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:

Bros at this age i am not thinking of choping life and i de live very quiet life . i just want to invest on my startup and run a successful business to pass down to my unborn kids

I'm glad chop life is not your priority because Naija people sabi chop your life with you but will abandon you when dem chop your "equivalent of savings of 130,000usd" finish.

You sound like a sensible person so I will say little. First thing you will do is test the Nigeria waters by going home for like 3 to 6 months to see for yourself before deciding whether to relocate or not, but at just 30 years old, I would suggest you invest that money in increasing your knowledge in Germany by buying yourself more education because that will be the best investment for you at your age. Good luck.

8 Likes

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Cybercop2002: 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
with all you wrote i will say cape verde is the best for u and your start up
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Amb1045(m): 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
budaatum:

I'm glad chop life is not your priority because Naija people sabi chop your life with you but will abandon you when dem chop your "equivalent of savings of 130,000usd" finish.

You sound like a sensible person so I will say little. First thing you will do is test the Nigeria waters by going home for like 3 to 6 months to see for yourself before deciding whether to relocate or not, but at just 30 years old, I would suggest you invest that money in increasing your knowledge in Germany by buying yourself more education because that will be the best investment for you at your age. Good luck.
best idea ever. come spend sometime here and decide yourself. importation business from China, wholesale dealer from manufacturing company. you sound like an igbo man. comeback and learn any business and invest monitor your business, or you stay there start doing moto importation business another lucrative business. Don't do friendship with your money because that money no too plenty for here Nigeria. eee no reach buy house for some part of Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by RichMediaSpace: 4:39pm On Mar 16, 2021
Amb1045:
best idea ever. come spend sometimes here and decide yourself. importation business from China, wholesale dealer from manufacturing company. you sound like an igbo man. comeback and learn any business and invest monitor your business, or you stay there start doing moto importation business another lucrative business. Don't do friendship with your money because that money no too plenty for here Nigeria. eee no reach buy house for some part of Nigeria

Nope importation is too proactive. He needs passive income businesses. Businesses that brings in money even if asleep.

Mini mart. Gas Station etc

3 Likes

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by johnpaschal(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:
Hello Nairalanders,I am 30years old and currently live in Germany . Honestly I am tired of this Whiteman land and I want to relocate back to Africa by end of next year  but every one that is close to me has told me not to ever think about coming back to Nigeria. Currently I have an equivalent  of savings of 130,000usd which i made during this cryptocurrency bull run and i have a three bedroom flat in Nigeria.I feel that it doesn‘t make sense for me to have such an amount of money and still do a work of 3000euros per month. My other concern is about the high rate of start up failure in Nigeria  but i do not mind going to other African countries where the business environment is friendly . Please i need advice .

Before relocating bro start up a business like someone suggested take a months leave and come down ....do not stay on the island it's very expensive to love there.

Come down to uyo it's secure , peaceful and business friendly....the Agricultural sector

I can fabricate palm oil milling machine , cassava grinder and rice milling machines .....

With the amount you have it's more than enough to set up a factory that you could put someone in charge of while you go back to finalize your full time return to Nigeria

As long as people don't stole eating you won't make loss

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Timiofak(m): 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:

Dont let them lie too you

Stay where you are, and maybe test run your business here in nigeria before you move down here

The nigerian government knows how to frustrate a startup for petty things i.e heavy unnecessary taxes, light and transportation constraints, dollar rise and fall.

Look at the gokada and opay story for example, I strongly believe Nurtw bribed the lagos state government to ban bikes, so as to frustrate those businesses, because a lot of lagosians were starting to take bikes(convinent, and faster) and it confortably created more jobs, but as you know that would lead to a loss of revenue on the agberos/Nurtw’s pocket.

So they lobbied the state government for a ban, right now go to the streets of lagos, they are bikes everywhere. But that singular act pushed those companies into diversifying into being cargo companies( it would never generate the revenue it did when it was into transportation)

If you want the best advice

Take £30,000 out of that your savings, start a business like a test run watch the growth by the end of the year

In put additional £20,000 watch it

Look at its growth

Dont just jump down here.

Dont say i didnt warn you sha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hurry and come back
Nigeria has so many potentials but research a d Holy Spirit will. Hell u succeed here
Or u can migrate to another friendly country
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by wisdomiskey(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
budaatum:

... by buying yourself more education because that will be the best investment for you at your age. Good luck .

@OP, take this foolish advice and find that you've wasted your hard earned money.
There's no information you need that you can't get out there for free!
Formal education (especially further qualifications outside a standard degree) is a complete waste of time in this day and age. Hell, even most degrees have been rendered useless since majority of "graduates" are now self employed.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
wisdomiskey:

Formal education (especially further qualifications outside a standard degree) is a complete waste of time in this day and age.

Op, you hear? But hopefully you are smarter than the individual quoted above and will realise that the "more education" I said you should buy does not necessarily mean "formal education" or "a standard degree" though I will not exclude them as he does.
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Timiofak(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
wisdomiskey:

@OP, take this foolish advice and find that you've wasted your hard earned money.
There's no information you need that you can't get out there for free!
Formal education (especially further qualifications outside a standard degree) is a complete waste of time in this day and age. Hell, even most degrees have been rendered useless since majority of "graduates" are now self employed.

School na scam gang

Don arrive

oya na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
Timiofak:

School na scam gang

Don arrive

oya na.

See as he mistakes education for "information you need that you can't get out there for free".

And his name is wisdomiskey, lol.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by kkins25(m): 7:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:
3000 EUR/month?? Abeg make we switch places.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by kkins25(m): 7:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
Timiofak:

Dont let them lie too you

Stay where you are, and maybe test run your business here in nigeria before you move down here

The nigerian government knows how to frustrate a startup for petty things i.e heavy unnecessary taxes, light and transportation constraints, dollar rise and fall.

Look at the gokada and opay story for example, I strongly believe Nurtw bribed the lagos state government to ban bikes, so as to frustrate those businesses, because a lot of lagosians were starting to take bikes(convinent, and faster) and it confortably created more jobs, but as you know that would lead to a loss of revenue on the agberos/Nurtw’s pocket.

So they lobbied the state government for a ban, right now go to the streets of lagos, they are bikes everywhere. But that singular act pushed those companies into diversifying into being cargo companies( it would never generate the revenue it did when it was into transportation)

If you want the best advice

Take £30,000 out of that your savings, start a business like a test run watch the growth by the end of the year

In put additional £20,000 watch it

Look at its growth

Dont just jump down here.

Dont say i didnt warn you sha.
this looks like good advice

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by 79733139(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hello, I am making strong plans to relocate to either Canada or Germany, I just want to ask what exactly are the things that don't you like about Germany?

damndamn:
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
budaatum:

Thank you very much but i have already have master degree from German University and i do not intend go for Phd. i will take option of coming back home to do Feasibility study on area of my business interests in Nigeria and other African countries too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:

Thank you very much but i have already have master degree from German University and i do not intend go for Phd. i will take option of coming back home to do Feasibility study on area of my business interests in Nigeria and other African countries too.

If I were you I would travel some, as its about the best education one can get. Drive around Nigeria if you haven't already. And there's China, Taiwan, India, the whole world, really.

What did you get degrees in? It should inform what you go home to do.

1 Like

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 9:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
79733139:
Hello, I am making strong plans to relocate to either Canada or Germany, I just want to ask what exactly are the things that don't you like about Germany?

i do not want to discourage you from relocating to Germany or Canada. it depend on what you want in life. if you are single and you are earning N350k and above then i will say there is no need of relocating permanently. For me i think i have earn enough money to run a successful startup in africa

4 Likes

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Cousin9999: 9:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
I'm not telling you what to do. But there's few places on earth that can offer you what Nigeria can in terms of business. And if you can set things up while earning abroad, that's great. Even better is if you can get some real estate or a little business set up abroad too. Come back like a boss. Don't gamble.
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
I have a degree in chemical Engineering
budaatum:

If I were you I would travel some, as its about the best education one can get. Drive around Nigeria if you haven't already. And there's China, Taiwan, India, the whole world, really.

What did you get degrees in? It should inform what you go home to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by budaatum: 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
damndamn:
I have a degree in chemical Engineering

Oh good. So things like import ought not be down your lane, lol.

Good luck. I'd be interested in how you get on.
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by 79733139(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
I am only interested in knowing the issues so I can come up with ways to adjust. You wouldn't discourage me, I am trying to be prepared for anything and everything (if possible).

damndamn:
i do not want to discourage you from relocating to Germany or Canada. it depend on what you want in life. if you are single and you are earning N350k and above then i will say there is no need of relocating permanently. For me i think i have earn enough money to run a successful startup in africa
Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
yes i have few experienced on import business cos i have done a spare parts business and few experience in phone accessories but this line of business is my last option on 4 list of things i have in my mind. i am really looking into recycling
budaatum:

Oh good. So things like import ought not be down your lane, lol.

Good luck. I'd be interested in how you get on.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by damndamn: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
if you are coming to germany please try to learn basic German and you will have better opportunities in big city and also know that germans are cold AF but i will pay you well if you go to Canada cos Canada is more liberal than Germany.
79733139:
I am only interested in knowing the issues so I can come up with ways to adjust. You wouldn't discourage me, I am trying to be prepared for anything and everything (if possible).

Re: Relocating Back To Africa Or Staying Abroad by Tumbulum: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
Do you know why I won't advice you to come back here? Its simple,there is no real democracy in Nigeria. I hope you are hearing all that is going on, the terrorism and the increased insecurity in the country? There is no day in Nigeria that people are not butchered and tossed to the ground for the birds of the air to feed on. Right now op we have people who are advocate to the various terrorist groups in Nigeria eg shiek Gumi.police and military brutality is on anothet level,in fact you can be killed for protesting and demanding for good governance. Terrorist are now on government payroll.my brother look before you leap.

I'm trying my best to leave Nigeria because I just have to preserve my sanity and live a long life..a lot of things are wrong here but like someone said come back and stay for at least 3Months and decide whether this place is for you or not.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Need An Advise On Oman Country? / Shocking Photos Of Very Filthy India / Photos: Top 10 Best Countries To Live In The World 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.