Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,057 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada (65994 Views)

Japa Story: The Cost Of Relocating To The UK With Family / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Bigcoconut: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests.

I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place.

I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue.

The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one..

To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay.

Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside.

Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills.

The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. .

For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself.

My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

203 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Ablemed: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
When I was telling one of my guy here ion believe in travelling abroad to have or live a better life, he thought I was speaking from the place of drunkenness.

I believe I will make it and I'll make it Big in Nigeria and only travel out for vacation, irrespective of whatsoever anyone got to say/think

587 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by chatinent: 7:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Welcome home.

You'll be fine.

Turu ugo lota.

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by seankafor(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
No pain, no gain

221 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests. I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place. I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one. To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay. Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside. Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills. The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself. My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.
My thinking is if I should ask for refund of my remaining tuition fee and relocate back Naija, or go back Naija and take some courses online, as there seems to be an option for that.

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.

579 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by thesicilian: 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
The beginning may not be rosy, but at the end I believe it will be worth it. As long as you remain focused and dedicated. My advice would be for you to persevere a little longer, for your sake and that of your family.

436 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Kingray10: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

509 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tukdi: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by oyibofucker(m): 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
The first few years are hard to adapt. Give yourself more than time.

167 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 8:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
Abroad is not bad for everyone. There are people still enjoying those places . Just some lil time.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by bigtt76(f): 8:31pm On Apr 08, 2023
Toh.... POF wahala 🤣🤣🤣

OP look for online remote customer care jobs. You're better placed than many back home to score these jobs. Don't give up 💪🏾

justwise:

This is what happens when you cheat yourself during visa application and claimed that you have the money to see yourself through your studies.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
bigtt76:
Toh.... POF wahala
🤣🤣🤣

OP look for online remote customer care jobs. You're better placed than many back home to score these jobs. Don't give up 💪🏾

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word

324 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by CUMIN: 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
It's obvious you from a well to do average family. You actually didn't need this Japa but fell for the bandwagon.

You should come back and manage family wealth very well.

There's no purpose slaving away your life for endless bill.

338 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by datola: 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
CUMIN:
It's obvious you from a well to do average family. You actually didn't need this Japa but fell for the bandwagon.

Na aje butter them.

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2023
When you make threads like this, are you waiting to hear what we have to say or what?

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
CUMIN:
It's obvious you from a well to do average family
. You actually didn't need this Japa but fell for the bandwagon.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sihamey: 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
Kingray10:
Just change the job
apply for a better job.
Case closed

He told you his friends has not gotten any job and he managed to get this one and you ask him to change better job wink
Did he see better job and he is complaining

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by sihamey: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
Bigcoconut:
Hello, guys
I don't want to bore you guys with long epistle. Yes, as the title suggests. I travelled to Canada through the study route this January but I can tell you for a fact that I'm already bored with this place. I'm redoing a 2 year program that I have already concluded in Naija but just because I want japa, I redid it. But that's not the issue. The issue is that I'm working in a company but the department I was posted to was a physical demanding one. To the extent that if I work for a day, I feel pain all over my body for a week. And this is seriously affecting my education because anytime i go to work, i wouldn't have the energy to do anything again as i would be so weak. but i have to work because i have bills to pay. Nobody send you for here except you want sleep for cold outside. Even half of my salary goes in the form of settling bills. The work makes me depressed. This is not what I bargained for. For me to raise money for my tuition fees and travel expenses, at least I wasn't doing bad in Nigeria before i left. In addition, I hardly have time for myself. My situation is even better, most of people who we came same time haven't found jobs yet.

This is the reason most Nigerians abroad becomes YouTuber , TikToker and skit maker to survive abroad because the reality is done them over there, you can join them or you come back to Nija

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Zoey1: 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hello,
Please check your DM.
Thanks quote author=sihamey post=122386255]

This is the reason most Nigerians abroad becomes YouTuber , TikToker and skit maker to survive abroad because the reality is done them over there, you can join them or you come back to Nija [/quote]
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
sihamey:

He told you his friends has not gotten any job and he managed to get this one and you ask him to change better job wink
Did he see better job and he is complaining

Watch them storming this place trying to discredit this guy's frustration as "stop discouraging people from going abroad". People don't discuss what they're going through in abroad because they're scared of being judged. Nigerians will tell such person that he's where they're slaving hard to come and he dare complain

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ogify1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2023
Dey play
Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Pooly: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2023
Lol, Canada indeed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by ednut1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
In my opinion 70% of people using study route dont have the complete school fees or living expenses they claimed to have. Like justwise has pointed out too. You can return home. Abroad is not for everyone . I was with my friend recently and someone who just relocated to uk via study visa called him. To lend him 4k pounds that he doesn’t have money for accommodation in uk and hasn’t finished paying his fees. My friend was like what was the plan when you applied and travelled Its hard to pity people in these situations sha. If 9ja good too people may not be doing this.

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Luckysbab: 12:22am On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:
In my opinion 70% of people using study route dont have the complete school fees or living expenses they claimed to have. Like justwise has pointed out too. You can return home. Abroad is not for everyone . I was with my friend recently and someone who just relocated to uk via study visa called him. To lend him 4k pounds that he doesn’t have money for accommodation in uk and hasn’t finished paying his fees. My friend was like what was the plan when you applied and travelled Its hard to pity people in these situations sha. If 9ja good too people may not be doing this.

So your friend sha has 2.8m laidis? 😁

9 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by 1Sharon(f): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2023
You might just set a new precedent.

Then again you might need more time to adapt 5-10yrs

Then again i feel America is the best place for japarains. Semi skilled workers like hairdressers, truck drivers make alot of money.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by studyless123: 12:30am On Apr 09, 2023
justwise:
[b]

Stories like this is far too common now, people leaving Nigeria with little or no money to survive abroad, then we have threads like this people complaining that abroad is hard and Nigeria is better but they will never book the next available flight back to Nigeria and allow us to hear word

I've complained about such threads in the past. This section is losing it's appeal with the prolifiration of such threads. I think many are just creating them for the fun of it. Anyone facing serious financial issues won't be romancing with nairaland daily creating irrelevant threads.

On the other hand, going home is not the solution. Very few have made that decision to go back home. He'll be fine after the struggles.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada by Gerrard59(m): 12:43am On Apr 09, 2023
studyless123:

I've complained about such threads in the past. This section is losing it's appeal with the prolifiration of such threads. I think many are just creating them for the fun of it. Anyone facing serious financial issues won't be romancing with nairaland daily creating irrelevant threads.

On the other hand, going home is not the solution. Very few have made that decision to go back home. He'll be fine after the struggles.

Always check the registration date to know how long the moniker has been on Nairaland. Some of them (they've been caught) are people who have been repeatedly denied visa to foreign countries and are currently on the mission to dissuade, create cock and bull stories to paint the exodus in a bad light.

61 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.