Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services (35850 Views)

POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit / NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Egabs(m): 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigerians being debited just for passing through a bank, I see them being charged for crossing roads, visiting markets, and even churches, I see a revolution coming up very soon. This I have seen.
my brother if only it can happen on time I want to agree with ur seeing , the rate this current CBN governor is going about some policy very soon nigerian will be charge for breathing

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by almarthins(m): 4:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigerians being debited just for passing through a bank, I see them being charged for crossing roads, visiting markets, and even churches, I see a revolution coming up very soon. This I have seen.

Na die we dey so o! You transfer money from one bank to another u pay, u come say I go transfer money gtb to gtb u still end up paying. banks n cbn don dey do overdo now. I am thinking of another option
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by edoairways: 4:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
There will be reduction in the use of ussd code since there are alternatives
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Egabs(m): 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Emefiele is the dunce of the 21st century. He may be a PH.D holder, but he is a disgrace to 21st century banking especially here in Nigeria. From an economist, this guy was changed to a full time blown messenger of doom!

Do you know once you combine all the charges for a bank account user/holder, it is almost half equivalent of the minimum wage in the land? His policies are anti people friendly!
Bros u are absolutely right just bcus he want to remain as the cbn governor this man as become dum and stupid all is policy is anti people policy
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by goldcity47: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
How much is this government paying for an average Minimum wage.

ATM charges; They collect

Deposit; They remove charges

Withdraw; They deduct your money

Transfer; Banks deduct Service charge

USSD; Now you got to pay N6.98 for Charges.

Money being held telecommunication companies has now become the headache of a common man to pay through our hard earned Sweat/Money?

This is trutlly the next level, make dem continue! Revolution is beckoning..
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by SarkinYarki: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
Yoighaman:

Bro...So you want the services to be free-of-charge (FOC)?

When you start your own business, offer your products or services FOC.

USSD has never been free of charge

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by weedfada(m): 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
And you guys are shouting cashless up and down yet creating policies directly discouraging to lots of low income earners and struggling Nigerians y'all trying to reach.... Oluwa no go shame us last last!
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by uncleck: 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
You won't have any idea how much you pay as charges unless you use Mobile App
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Mrlouis: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
The end is indeed near.
Meanwhile accessing Nairaland has become a migraine headache. The site is become far more unresponsive and slow to navigate. Something needs to be done about it and fast!
Cc: Seun

2 Likes

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Yoighaman(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Sure I know but 'FalseProphet1' sounds like it should be FOC.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by DONFASZY(m): 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
N6.98 per USSD for 1 individual 7 average USSD transaction by 99,000,000,000 people

Jus carry gun n rob us

I get alerts everyday for servicing my 4 atm cards inside my own wallets

Jus rob us face to face
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
SarkinYarki:

USSD has never been free of charge. Emefiele doesn't know. ALTON members know. I am not sure the Minister of Communication and NCC EVC are aware that USSD has never been free. To check balance is =N=10 at GT Bank and Access Bank. Transaction alerts are cumulatively charged monthly or as determined by the banks.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by samwillyco1(m): 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
Disaster Government, APC is Disaster to NIGERIANS.
This is not the CHANGE NIGERIANS WANTED.
GEJ have been vindicated
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Tonytonex(m): 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
samnificent:
I’ll pay transfer fee, Vat and Ussd.
Thank Technology for banking apps
Banking App charges too. nothing is free.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by lhurd: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-cbn-introduces-new-charges-for-ussd-services/
I really do not know if this people are clueless, stupid or plain wicked or juts an attempt to tip the into vilent rebellion. What charges are on session for ussd again oga? Dem go just fabricate ridiculous technical nonsense to steal from the masses. Na ordinary Nigerian go dey pay for bank debt again. Plus who are all the parties that were consulted. Who represented those who are to bear the brunt of this foolish and insensitive policy...?
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by lhurd: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
babaolofin:

USSD has never been free of charge. Emefiele doesn't know. ALTON members know. I am not sure the Minister of Communication and NCC EVC are aware that USSD has never been free. To check balance is =N=10 at GT Bank and Access Bank. Transaction alerts are cumulatively charged monthly or as determined by the banks.
Those othercharges from banks still remain. You will still be charged for ussd transaction and also pay the new 6naira for the session that was never there before. I think its just an additional charge
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by FBIBOT(m): 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Why should we pay for the debt owed by the bank when initially most of Dem deduct 20ngn plus on each transfer with ussd and less with internet banking... Where is the money going... Well thank God i stop using the ussd long ago due to flaunting network
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Tolexandre: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
and you wonder why people now embrace BITCOIN
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Minjim: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
What if the transaction was unsuccessful?
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Festflor: 5:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Las las na we Innocent subscribers and bank customers go pay the gbese.
Inside life!

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Benjosh123(m): 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
its approximately #7
fatymore:
6 naira lounloun and banks will still remove charges. Suffer ness no dey tire us angry
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Cashify: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
why
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by AFONJACOW(m): 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2021
They now charge me 50 naira in any transaction I made , be it debited or credited they collect the money, to make the matter worst ,since I opened account I have collected 4 ATM cards do you known that, these motherfuckers are charging for maintenance fees for the 4 of the ATM I stopped using long time ago, even as I complained they told me to fill form which I do, they stopped for a month and continue again, they knew accounts operates by Nigerians living abroad , you are encouraging cashless banking with right hand and killing it with your left hand... Useless country

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by freemanq(m): 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
what is 98 kobo doing there,Kobo is no longer relevant in Nigeria yet our CBN governor is yet to come in terms with it

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by nsesam(m): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2021
Who's going to bank again or doing all these , just buy dollars and keep , change when you need money with gains and thank me later.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Shaev7(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see what you see too
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
Hope they wont be sending useless text messages and be debiting us for dat.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by xgnx(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
Una dey mad bahh��

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
lhurd:

Those othercharges from banks still remain. You will still be charged for ussd transaction and also pay the new 6naira for the session that was never there before. I think its just an additional charge

I am not talking about other charges. They charged for SMS messages but it is charged monthly or as determined by the banks. It is not charged as pay as you go. It is in statement of account. Only =N=10 to check account is debited immediately, SMS charges are done monthly.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2021
As always...... it's the masses that will always bear the brunt of it all.it can only get worst going forward.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Brushstrokes20: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
The redundant coupist is an irredeemable sadist hell bent on Impoverishing citizens with anti people policies!

The shithole is on a cliff edge!
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Taywon: 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
When cryto transaction was baned some individuals here were happy because they don't know anything about cryto or they envy those cashing out from it thereby supporting this cbn policy... Giving us reason that it will strengthen our naira.

Now they understand better most of them are the one wailing now... Cause we are not deterred by crypto ban instead we invest more in it...

If u like continue supporting the obnoxious policy of the govt with lame excuses and backup... u are on ur own...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UBA Office In Victoria Island Is On Fire! (photos/video) / Some African Countries Currencies (pictures) / 5 Things People Wrongly Believe That No Longer Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.