Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services (35852 Views)

POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit / NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Duplexxx: 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wickedness
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigerians being debited just for passing through a bank, I see them being charged for crossing roads, visiting markets, and even churches, I see a revolution coming up very soon. This I have seen.

prophet prophet!

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by tosade1: 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2021
I really don't understand you people ooo, normal ussd charges for transfer is about 25 naira and it has just been reduced to a flat rate of close to 7 naira and you people are still complaining.
4tomandchi:
Nigeria is a failed state USSD that is like the last hope of the common man has now been targeted by this clueless government.

When I heard networks shouting that they were being owed by banks I just knew they were up to something.

My question is!

Where did all the money banks charged their customers go?

I pray for Nigeria my country
To have faithful leaders with conscience
Who will serve Nigeria with integrity
So help us God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see Nigerians being debited just for passing through a bank, I see them being charged for crossing roads, visiting markets, and even churches, I see a revolution coming up very soon. This I have seen.
Nigerians will be also charged for mentioning the names of banks, money while on phone.

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Emefiele is the dunce of the 21st century. He may be a PH.D holder, but he is a disgrace to 21st century banking especially here in Nigeria. From an economist, this guy was changed to a full time blown messenger of doom!

Do you know once you combine all the charges for a bank account user/holder, it is almost half equivalent of the minimum wage in the land? His policies are anti people friendly!

What dyu expect from a zenith man?
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by SanctifiedSista(f): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
CBN plan is very good. Now banks would stop charging 15₦. grin grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by pieces18: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2021
FalseProphet1:

Between CBN and Nigeria government who's the worse criminal?

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Bornboy4: 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
The economy has failed us.
FalseProphet1:
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by chuk65276: 8:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
:6 naira lounloun and banks will still remove charges. Suffer ness no dey tire us
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by mu2sa2: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
nsiba:
Tinubu GOD will punish you
Too late; he's been blessed by God even before you were born.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Una go hear am for this country.

This is just the beginning.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by reeny2020: 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
Please which is the best to use manual code or app and is manual code the same as ussd
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by IMAliyu(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:
una never see anuthing. una must enjoy that change una vote for.. useless nigerians
Not only change, but also the next level wahala lol..
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by IMAliyu(m): 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Egabs:
Bros u are absolutely right just bcus he want to remain as the cbn governor this man as become dum and stupid all is policy is anti people policy
The man is just a stoog to the current government.

Say all you want about Sanusi, but at least the man could stand his ground and knew what he was doing during his time as CBN governor.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by mindtricks: 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
Reserve commented.
I see our great country is doing 'well'.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by mindtricks: 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
reeny2020:
Please which is the best to use manual code or app and is manual code the same as ussd

Manual Code Dialing = USSD.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by aspiring44: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Emefiele is the dunce of the 21st century. He may be a PH.D holder, but he is a disgrace to 21st century banking system especially here in Nigeria. From an economist, this guy was changed to a full time blown messenger of doom!

Do you know once you combine all the charges for a bank account user/holder, it is almost half equivalent of the minimum wage in the land? His policies are anti people friendly!

Very very . I don't understand why most of what we learnt as fundamentals and principles in finance and economics does not apply to Nigeria basic runnings . It's so pathetic . We do things that are antithetical .
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by tonyson010(m): 2:10am On Mar 17, 2021
KUNZEH:
Nawa o, dey swear for una ni? Someone will pay transfer fee, Vat and Ussd. Always looking for a way to milk Nigerians. Oga o

Tire me.
U still pay charges for receiving transfers above 20,000. This is bad.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by AFONJACOW(m): 2:42am On Mar 17, 2021
Please I want to ask this very question in my heart... Abeg this new charges is it for only 5% that voted against buhari or is it mandatory for everyone

Sai Babar Zone-B's unah can see no be only 5% republic suffering alone for unah sins

1 Like

Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:44am On Mar 17, 2021
Let me download the app jejely.
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by nsiba: 5:44am On Mar 17, 2021
mu2sa2:
Too late; he's been blessed by God even before you were born.

He is enjoying goodies from Devil, his days of political oblivion and general relevance has began
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:56am On Mar 17, 2021
tosade1:
I really don't understand you people ooo, normal ussd charges for transfer is about 25 naira and it has just been reduced to a flat rate of close to 7 naira and you people are still complaining.

25 naira where and when??
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Okoroawusa: 7:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Nigerians and comprehension ability are poles apart
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by Okoroawusa: 7:18am On Mar 17, 2021
tosade1:
90% of the people on line 1,2 and 3 didn't read the news or read but didn't understand then followed the line of thought of the first to comment (FTC).
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by bibianna(f): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2021
This is only what the govt is good at. Charges and increase! When will Nigerians wake up?
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by obo389(m): 8:29am On Mar 17, 2021
Skyfornia:
2 things I have never and will never do with my phone/line

1. Borrow airtime/data
2. Use USSD services
Honestly, henceforth buying my airtime and making transactions from banking app.
Period!
Re: CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services by 09085607453king: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2021
My concern to the CBN is that any policy that they want to effect, they should seek the concept of the public and also educate them on the reason why rather than affecting it with a fixed fate. Same thing to crypto currency.. Please CBN should note that the money belongs to the Nigerians and not to CBN. #6.98 is the charges for using the USSD code, what if telecommunications charge us #4.00 as they do with SMS we still have #2.98 in our account. Please CBN acting as a middle man between Telecommunications and Customers is money sucking. NIGERIA is a DEMOCRATIC NATIONA ... And may God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things People Wrongly Believe That No Longer Work / Some African Countries Currencies (pictures) / Mikhail Fridman Leaves LetterOne Investment Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.