Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? (29880 Views)

Is Olamide’s UY SCUTI Worth the Hype ? Album Review By Iamsynord / Is Wizkid's 'Made In Lagos' Album Worth The Hype? (A Review By Iamsynord) / Grammy Awards: Billie Eilish Sweeps Five Awards, Sets New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by lastchild: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
your question is like asking if there's any big deal in Nigeria winning the world cup, yes there's, there is o

you see, world cup coming to Nigeria is a big deal because it has never came to us, Europeans have been winning it, so it's no longer a big deal to them, even the ones who never won doesn't see it as big as we see it because their neighbors have won it

so Grammy is big in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Triangles1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
The aim of this thread is to know why Africans see winning Grammy as everything

I want to believe that Burna album winning the Grammy has a lot to do with Diddy co-producing that album.

Also Wizkid Grammy win has a lot to do with Beyonce featuring in the song.

Ghanaian Shata wale also ft Beyonce so don't judge them that way, Brown skin girls is the root of Africa history and wiz kid murdered the beat with good lyrics, Nigeria are highly talented if not for bad government, if it should be Yahoo story they wl like to call Nigeria names.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Rick9(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
Gone are the days of talent
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by stayclearofme: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

And you think you made sense too ...comot for here !!
Lol olodo
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by MrIcredible: 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
[s]
GreatResearcher:
Award means a prize or other mark of recognition given in honour of an achievement.

Why the hype on Grammy Awards?

The way we Africans see and do things always got me puzzled.
We see Grammy Award as god. I'm not in anyway hating those who won. But how me celebrate this Grammy is what I don't understand.

In America. Most American acts don't see Grammy as anything.
I remember one rapper who was given a Grammy Award and he rejected it.

Last year an American rapper pee on a Grammy Award (something most Africans see as god)
Few hours ago another American rapper took to his Twitter to write F88k Grammys.

These people a different way of reasoning I don't know if it's because of their environment because environment can't influence one's reasoning.

Winning Grammy does not make you bigger or better than others.
Not winning Grammy does not mean your crafts are useless.

I know over 10 American rappers who never won a Grammy but you can't talk about Hip Pop and you don't mention their names.

Imagine someone like Nas just won his first Grammy after how many years in the industry? He never made it a big deal.

[/s]
I can't believe I read all these senseless rubbish you wrote... What do you intend to achieve with this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by oloshun(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
I was expecting Nas to be all over the media celebrating this Grammy but he never did. That is to say that Grammy does not defined them or their crafts.

Nas won the Grammy Award for this first time in his life after many years in the industry and he is still yet to post or talk about it on his SM

That is called, maturity and telling the world "I worth more than this".

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Uchesis: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
Monogamy:

Ballin D'or is the best thing for any footballer to win.. Cos there are better players worldwide
winning the world cup is the best thing that can happen to any footballer. thats why Messi and Ronaldo will gladly give up all their ballon d'ors for a world cup medal

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pochettino:
Great researcher indeed. Great researcher wey get grammar issues.

What the hell is "does the grammy worth the hype"?
Instead of "is the grammy worth the hype"?

Nonsense researcher

Aboki professor.

He is 1000% correct.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Pochettino(f): 10:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

Aboki professor.

He is 1000% correct.

This is why you failed post UME
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by mofedamijo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
The aim of this thread is to know why Africans see winning Grammy as everything

I want to believe that Burna album winning the Grammy has a lot to do with Diddy co-producing that album.

Also Wizkid Grammy win has a lot to do with Beyonce featuring in the song.

You are very smart. The truth is P. Diddy orchestrated the whole Grammy award for Burna Boy, i watched a video of P. Diddy shouting in the studio that the Album was going to win the Grammy. He kept saying it so hard and hard, this was months months ago. I said P. Diddy is up yo something.

He started hyping Burna boy and eventually the award came. I am not saying Burna boi is not good, but trust me. There are other albums i believe should have been included in that category and they would have won Burna boi.

P. Diddy did a good back door job.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Kirkman: 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pochettino:
Great researcher indeed. Great researcher wey get grammar issues.

What the hell is "does the grammy worth the hype"?
Instead of "is the grammy worth the hype"?

Nonsense researcher
Omo you dey vex gan grin grin
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
Pochettino:

This is why you failed post UME
I have got no time to spare talking to an illiterate. What he wrote is correct. I think you are too hidebound to know that the sentence is right.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
Monogamy:

People like SIA, Jay Z, Adams Levine don't sing cos they want to win any awards, they are only doing what they know best to do...

Winning the grammy is just like recognizion of their efforts in the music industry

Mynd44, lalasticlala Rule 21
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by stayclearofme: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

And you think you made sense too ...comot for here !!
Shut up and mind your business olodo!
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Grammy is all knowing the right record label to sign to.

If your record label has influence in the music industry the artist will surely will a grammy.

Grammy has nothing to do with good songs

Lot of good artists are independent, they will never win a grammy until they join the click but that also comes with changing your music.

Mynd44, lalasticlala Rule 21 broken
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by jimmychang: 11:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
stayclearofme:

Shut up and mind your business olodo!

grin grin ....MENT!!!!
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Memphis357(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
zudozz:
I started watching MTV in 94 and I can tell you grammy is not hype.

Winning it deserves even more accolade.
Bro,I started watching MTV as far back in 1992. Yo!MTV Raps hosted by Ed Lover,Doctor Dre,T-Money and Fab 5 Freddy was my favourite programme then. The Grammys were a big deal then. I remember when Arrested Development won Best New Artist and Best Rap Duo for Tennessee back in the 35th Annual Grammy awards then. But I've boycotted the Grammys since 2015 sha oooooo...2021 edition inclusive.
Nor mind the OP. I'm very sure he's a Davido d**k sucker.

2 Likes

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by uche393: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
for an African, Grammy means a lot. do you know that burna boy can easily get a green card in the US? just search for ''Eb visa" on Google, it's the same visa people like chiamanda and wole shoyinka used in getting permanent residence in the US.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by profnigga(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Grammy award and Man of the match in football are equivalent. hey � music lover don't argue with me
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by stayclearofme: 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

grin grin ....MENT!!!!
Same here.... grin grin
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by ModestGal(f): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
Africans generally have inferiority complex with white people, that's why they worship anything white
Africans need to stop longing to be involved, because whites see us like slaves and thus they won't include us.
I repeat, those whites sing nonsense compare to what we sing in Africa here.
Tell me what Cardi B sings please if not rubbish compare to Qdot and that old Apala man, I don't even know his name.
Whenever I listen to Oyinbo people's songs, I usually hear noises and grumbling, and yet those nonsense will get awards.

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by SirBunky85(m): 11:28pm On Mar 16, 2021
StepTwo:

Lol
Roddy Ricch's "The Box" is damn near diamond and didn't win a Grammy.

6 Grammy nominations, most by any male and still won 0

Grammy is the biggest fiction in the entertainment world. A big joke.
even Nicki minaj hasn't won the award even when she's damn hot with ymcmb
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Pochettino(f): 11:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

I have got no time to spare talking to an illiterate. What he wrote is correct. I think you are too hidebound to know that the sentence is right.

If it was correct, why did the mods change it to its current form?

Dumbo.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by razzydoo(m): 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
This que resemble the no.2 wey i answer for neco that year...
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Oshokalo: 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
I was expecting Nas to be all over the media celebrating this Grammy but he never did. That is to say that Grammy does not defined them or their crafts.

Nas won the Grammy Award for this first time in his life after many years in the industry and he is still yet to post or talk about it on his SM

oga let me give u reason to reason,if nobody has ever graduated in ur family before, if you brake that jinx they will be looking u so important in the family,mind u our headies wey we no send na him be their grammy

1 Like

Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Oshokalo: 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
oga let me give u reason to reason,if nobody has ever graduated in ur family before, if you brake that jinx they will be looking u so important in the family,mind u our headies wey we no send na him be their grammy
no new generational musician has won it even 2baba,burna com carry am u say make him no post
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by henrixx(m): 11:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
jimmychang:

Since I found out ibrahimovic never won Balon dor I stopped rating it ...
lmaoo this one no rhyme. no way dude could have beaten messi and penaldo to it bros
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by tianshie(m): 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
BF69BF:
I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what he created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about.

It's really not about the music, or the musician, it's just a brand and it's the brand they're selling.

You're very smart, my daughter.
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by Guyman111: 11:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
GreatResearcher:
Award means a prize or other mark of recognition given in honour of an achievement.

Why the hype on Grammy Awards?

The way we Africans see and do things always got me puzzled.
We see Grammy Award as god. I'm not in anyway hating those who won. But how me celebrate this Grammy is what I don't understand.

In America. Most American acts don't see Grammy as anything.
I remember one rapper who was given a Grammy Award and he rejected it.

Last year an American rapper pee on a Grammy Award (something most Africans see as god)
Few hours ago another American rapper took to his Twitter to write F88k Grammys.

These people a different way of reasoning I don't know if it's because of their environment because environment can't influence one's reasoning.

Winning Grammy does not make you bigger or better than others.
Not winning Grammy does not mean your crafts are useless.

I know over 10 American rappers who never won a Grammy but you can't talk about Hip Pop and you don't mention their names.

Imagine someone like Nas just won his first Grammy after how many years in the industry? He never made it a big deal.

mentality differs
Re: Are The Grammy Awards Worth The Hype? by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:04am On Mar 17, 2021
Pochettino:

If it was correct, why did the mods change it to its current form?

Dumbo.
You are r etarded and you don't even know it. It still boils down to the simple fact that you and the mods don't know that it is correct. The suggestion by the mods is correct and his is also correct. Now, I would appreciate it if you would be as kind as to leave me out of your mentions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

American Military Officers Perform Ayra Starr’s Rush (video) / Naira Marley’s 'Soapy' Ranked Most Played Song In Nigeria / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.