Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Am I Overreacting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting? (2243 Views)

My Fiancee Failed My Test, Am I Overreacting?? / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting / Am I Overreacting To My Husband Criticizing My Body? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 12:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Please nairalanders I really need your help on this one

I have a girlfriend I love to the bones, but before we met she had a man she had known 2 years before me that claims he loves her too and really wants to marry her.

I asked but she assured me that there's nothing wrong. Infact she left the guy for me when all her friends felt she should have stayed with him instead of me.

The truth is I love this girl and I really wanna marry her but I want to be sure she's on the same side with me, cos she once visited the guy without my consent but when I found out she had to apologize which I did forgive.

But lately i discovered she was still chatting the guy and the guy still call her. We can be talking this minute and she might bring up a topic about the plan the guy had in mind for the future, and how the guy claims to even marry her if another guy got her pregnant.

After a while she decided to stay away from sex, saying it feels wrong and is only ready to do it till marriage.

The part that got me most confused was when she jokingly asked me if I could marry someone that assured me she had never being in a romantic affair, but I discovered later that she lied, that would I go ahead to marry her?

This was the case of her and the guy cos I was her first(guess you understand )

Now I was getting confused and insecure and needed to be certain and absolute with whom I'm dealing with.

I called her and told her how I felt and the only thing to make me feel better was to see their chat.

She instantly refused. I got angry and told her is she doesn't show me the chats that she shouldn't bother calling me again, she insisted that she isn't showing it to me

I had to leave her and told her that I'm done, she got angry too and we both haven't talked in a while
Pls forgive my lengthy writing I really need all the advice I can get.

Did I do the wrong thing? Or am I overreacting.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Chris525: 12:31am On Mar 17, 2021
She’s confused, leave her be. I’m guessing she’s 26 or thereabouts, at that age it can be tough for women. She feels drawn to the other guy, I guess out of curiosity since they never had sex and all. It could still be genuine, thats why you need to give her sometime to sort herself out. Thats usually the best solution.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by gasparpisciotta: 12:37am On Mar 17, 2021
Wise up!!!

Don’t be an assistant boyfriend...

6 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Guyman93: 12:40am On Mar 17, 2021
Bro u talk like person wet dey date my ex but we are still cooling , I want to marry her coz I love her , I have two side chick already , u are just a pussyfooting man she never loved you every time we had sex she keep asking me to give her more ,coz she can't get enough bro so sorry for u that u caught feelings for person who don't give a damm about u next time avoid girls that still talks to their ex

Her pussy is sweet and I can never leave her for you ok

5 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2021
Guyman93:
Bro u talk like person wet dey date my ex but we are still cooling , I want to marry her coz I love her , I have two side chick already , u are just a pussyfooting man she never loved you every time we had sex she keep asking me to give her more ,coz she can't get enough bro so sorry for u that u caught feelings for person who don't give a damm about u next time avoid girls that still talks to their ex

Her pussy is sweet and I can never leave her for you ok

For your mind na u get sense mtcheew
Re: Am I Overreacting? by DaddyRochie1642: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2021
You took a "Hard Decision", you did well, Move On and next time go for a woman that totally "Respects you" and "Submits to you".

8 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by DICKstractor: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2021
undecided

Oboy that babe no love you

Move now wey you fit breeeet before e start to choke

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by prince2pac(m): 12:48am On Mar 17, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Wise up!!!

Don’t be an assistant boyfriend...
assistant boyfriend, bro calm down nah..

oga OP you too calm down and move on, assistant boyfriend

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Guyman93: 12:48am On Mar 17, 2021
Marshal9:

For your mind na u get sense mtcheew
I dey catch cruise forget grin
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 12:49am On Mar 17, 2021
Guyman93:

I dey catch cruise forget grin

Lol
Ok oo
Re: Am I Overreacting? by pozehnani(f): 12:59am On Mar 17, 2021
The girl is catching cruise with both of you but I think she's more attached to the other guy.

Also for you to be aware of the other guy ( and he's not aware of you) shows shes protecting her relationship with him because she values what they both share more than what you both have. She's only keeping you as option B in case her main doesn't come forth.

Move on already.

8 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by lilvicky68(m): 1:03am On Mar 17, 2021
She still loves her ex let her go..when he's done with her..she will be humble

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 1:05am On Mar 17, 2021
pozehnani:
The girl is catching cruise with both of you but I think she's more attached to the other guy.

Also for you to be aware of the other guy ( and he's not aware of you) shows shes protecting her relationship with him because she values what they both share more than what you both have. She's only keeping you as option B in case her main doesn't come forth.

Move on already.

The guys knows about me and was even upset with her for saying yes to me.
But I don't know what happened lately cos of the changes she began to display.
That's why I wanted to see their chat which she refused.

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 1:25am On Mar 17, 2021
Chris525:

She’s confused, leave her be. I’m guessing she’s 26 or thereabouts, at that age it can be tough for women. She feels drawn to the other guy, I guess out of curiosity since they never had sex and all. It could still be genuine, thats why you need to give her sometime to sort herself out. Thats usually the best solution.

Thanks man
Re: Am I Overreacting? by longetivity(m): 2:06am On Mar 17, 2021
Werey op Na side chic grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by pozehnani(f): 2:11am On Mar 17, 2021
[quote author=Marshal9 post=99947812][/quote]

Ok. But does that make any sense to you? Allowing a girl keep two of you and letting you guys know about it. Are you cool with it?

Thats an insult to you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 17, 2021
Wow!, I think she is double dating the both of you, and since the other guy sounds more SIMPly, she wants to be sure not to lose him. Imagine even if she is pregnant he will still marry her(who says that-- SIMPS). Well, if she is yours, she will come back.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by 1F30M4(f): 3:00am On Mar 17, 2021
I do not think you overreacted in any way per se.. However, I think she's not totally true to you.. She told you that she left the other guy just to be with you, she just wanted you to feel that there are better chances with you.. The truth is, she's still weighing her options with the other guy hence she's always bringing up topics about him.. She wants to be 100% sure, she made a better choice of being with you.. There will always be a comparison, if you don't meet up with what the other guy is doing/has done/has promised to do, she may have to rethink her stand with you afterall.. I cannot say for sure that she loves you but maybe, just maybe she has some feelings for you, you could wait it out orrr strike it out.. Either way, I don't like having someone make me feel this way like I'm in a competition when no be say na bazaar auction sales lmaoooo.. I meann, c'mon if I'm not treating you right, why don't you just tell me straightup and not tell me that "see ehn, I be spec oo, there are other people also dying to have me, so shey normal or you lose me" , it's so vague.. Tell me what exactly is the issue or what's bothering you then we can talk about it like adults and know what to do about it.. Nobody wey no be spec abeg

6 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by biggy4joe(m): 3:05am On Mar 17, 2021
No OT.....How do people fight over womenIf woman like u ehn,she go dey with u den she go dey catch cruise with ur rivals ooh but she dey with u.I nor know sha make i mind my business

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Bola146(f): 4:26am On Mar 17, 2021
Thank God you know earlier grin grin grin congratulations. Let her go, she can't be trusted undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by FalseOracle50: 4:43am On Mar 17, 2021
I see her getting wife's by her former boyfriend, I see you standing as the best man.
The oracle has spoken.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Marshal9: 5:31am On Mar 17, 2021
1F30M4:
I do not think you overreacted in any way per se.. However, I think she's not totally true to you.. She told you that she left the other guy just to be with you, she just wanted you to feel that there are better chances with you.. The truth is, she's still weighing her options with the other guy hence she's always bringing up topics about him.. She wants to be 100% sure, she made a better choice of being with you.. There will always be a comparison, if you don't meet up with what the other guy is doing/has done/has promised to do, she may have to rethink her stand with you afterall.. I cannot say for sure that she loves you but maybe, just maybe she has some feelings for you, you could wait it out orrr strike it out.. Either way, I don't like having someone make me feel this way like I'm in a competition when no be say na bazaar auction sales lmaoooo.. I meann, c'mon if I'm not treating you right, why don't you just tell me straightup and not tell me that "see ehn, I be spec oo, there are other people also dying to have me, so shey normal or you lose me" , it's so vague.. Tell me what exactly is the issue or what's bothering you then we can talk about it like adults and know what to do about it.. Nobody wey no be spec abeg

This is beautiful, thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by femi4: 5:48am On Mar 17, 2021
Marshal9:
Please nairalanders I really need your help on this one

I have a girlfriend I love to the bones, but before we met she had a man she had known 2 years before me that claims he loves her too and really wants to marry her.

I asked but she assured me that there's nothing wrong. Infact she left the guy for me when all her friends felt she should have stayed with him instead of me.

The truth is I love this girl and I really wanna marry her but I want to be sure she's on the same side with me, cos she once visited the guy without my consent but when I found out she had to apologize which I did forgive.

But lately i discovered she was still chatting the guy and the guy still call her. We can be talking this minute and she might bring up a topic about the plan the guy had in mind for the future, and how the guy claims to even marry her if another guy got her pregnant.

After a while she decided to stay away from sex, saying it feels wrong and is only ready to do it till marriage.

The part that got me most confused was when she jokingly asked me if I could marry someone that assured me she had never being in a romantic affair, but I discovered later that she lied, that would I go ahead to marry her?

This was the case of her and the guy cos I was her first(guess you understand )

Now I was getting confused and insecure and needed to be certain and absolute with whom I'm dealing with.

I called her and told her how I felt and the only thing to make me feel better was to see their chat.

She instantly refused. I got angry and told her is she doesn't show me the chats that she shouldn't bother calling me again, she insisted that she isn't showing it to me

I had to leave her and told her that I'm done, she got angry too and we both haven't talked in a while
Pls forgive my lengthy writing I really need all the advice I can get.

Did I do the wrong thing? Or am I overreacting.
She's suffering from Okafor's law. You can't win this battle
Re: Am I Overreacting? by LandMann: 9:06am On Mar 17, 2021
How did you ever expect somebody who claimed to have left another to EVER be loyal and true to you?

You better thank God you have told her good bye. Just make sure you don't reverse your decision even if she comes knocking without her pants on.

You can keep fooling yourself around that girl if you want to catch one incurable STD or spend thousands to run paternity test or if you want to die early....

Just grieve her departure like you would grieve or cry if you lost your mom or someone dear to you...

Don't hold the tears back o...

Most importantly, delete every thing that reminds you of her.... pictures, chats, etc...

Within three months you'll start to feel better and realize your present foolishness....

Don't date anyone else during this period to avoid wrong choice, unnecessary comparison or transferred hatred.

Wish you all the best
Re: Am I Overreacting? by 1beat(m): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
ignore her and work on yourself. try to improve in all, your mode of dressing , writing skills and paying attention to details. work with good set of people who will serve as motivation to you. if you can achieve these you will win her. you and the other guy share similar features that is why she still considering him. if you make yourself different she will come for you.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 18, 2021
Move on
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Anfield247(m): 6:14am On Mar 20, 2021
Bola146:
Thank God you know earlier grin grin grin congratulations. Let her go, she can't be trusted undecided
Good morning Bola146, how are you doing? It been a while, and I have missed you so much. Whatever it is, always know that you mean alot to me, okay! Please take verx good care of yourself for me and always be the best you can be, I love you!
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Bola146(f): 3:50am On Mar 21, 2021
Anfield247:

Good morning Bola146, how are you doing? It been a while, and I have missed you so much. Whatever it is, always know that you mean alot to me, okay! Please take verx good care of yourself for me and always be the best you can be, I love you!

Hello, who are you? May I know you?
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Godwin5766(m): 5:26am On Mar 21, 2021
Happy birthday to BLU 03
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Anfield247(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Wow!
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Bola146(f): 8:14am On Mar 24, 2021
Anfield247:

Madam, Honestly speaking I just have to do it this way to show how I care about my friends on nairaland. Aunty Bola146, I`m extremely sorry for intruding by quoting you out of the main topic. I have been following you up on nairaland for quite some time now. Your comments are educative innovative that is why I followed you up on this particular platform. For some days, I haven't seen you commenting or put up a new post. I was worried, I had to do what I did to know how you are faring. Please, I want us to be friend, I would also want to speak with you on phone if possible. My name is victor!

My brother, thanks so much. We are already friends here. I just dey my low key sad Thanks

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by lilvicky68(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2021
Anfield247:

Madam, Honestly speaking I just have to do it this way to show how I care about my friends on nairaland. Aunty Bola146, I`m extremely sorry for intruding by quoting you out of the main topic. I have been following you up on nairaland for quite some time now. Your comments are educative innovative that is why I followed you up on this particular platform. For some days, I haven't seen you commenting or put up a new post. I was worried, I had to do what I did to know how you are faring. Please, I want us to be friend, I would also want to speak with you on phone if possible. My name is victor!
Victors don't bahave like SIMPs no dey disgrace the name abeg..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Girls Shows Off Fully Unclad (18+ / Please Don't Disgrace Me-- Woman Says After Been Caught Stealing / Is My Girlfriend Actually A VIRGIN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.