Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

What Is Apostasy? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Apostasy? (1417 Views)

What Are Some Signs Of Apostasy In The Christian Church? / The Doctrine Of Eternal Salvation: A Truth Or Apostasy / 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Is Apostasy? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Myer:
Did the Spirit of God tell you that or you read it in a book called the bible?
Exactly. You only believe this because you read it in the Bible. Thaf is what Christianity taught you.
That you are damaged and condemned unless you believe in Jesus Christ. Point made.
Are you certain that you read my response to you? I never said I agreed with your claim of being damaged humanity. In fact, I pointed out the example of Seth, a direct descendant of Adam, who was listed as a Righteous man. undecided

Now, as far as being damaged and condemned unless you believe in Jesus Christ. Seth did not believe in the person of Jesus Christ. Instead, Seth believed in God. So, your idea that one is damaged unless one believes in the person of Jesus Christ does not seem to hold as far as the story of Seth and so many others written in the book are concerned. And it doesn't hold as far as those of the Old Covenant. undecided
Myer:
Interestingly when you believe in Jesus, there really isn't much difference, you still have the same struggles of life like everyone else. The only difference is that you believe you will not be sent to hellfire.lol Interesting religious concept isn't it.
The same struggles of life? Aren't these "struggles" you speak of linked to the fact that we still live in the same world and in the same body?
Re: What Is Apostasy? by Myer(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

So now you won't limit yourself to lying and harassing, you will also insult me. More proof of the folly of bothering with you in conversation.

I'm actually pretty good at English comprehension and use. If this were a formal debate, you would probably not qualify to face me in the first place.

I have not been discussing any causes of apostasy with you. You have been arguing haphazardly about Christian theology and I've been indulging you while holding to the main point of discussion.

That you opine that every religion experiences apostasy is not mine nor the Bible's concern. Isn't that what my very first response to you was? Have you answered that argument at any point until now?

Your renewed claim that Christianity caused an apostasy from Moses was answered in my first response too. Have you countered it successfully until now? Of course not. You've just been wasting your time and mine with meaningless segues, and now you wish to insist that your position is correct?

As I said before, I couldn't be less bothered about your recommendations. It means nothing to me if you think that I should pray to not be a victim of religion. And I obviously don't care what you think of me either. You are entitled to your opinions, but they are your business, not mine.

With that, I must bid you cheers. I won't be responding to you again.

If I had to address your every theological flaw, this thread would have been unbearably derailed. I only pointed to cogent ones that you could not refute.

1. Every religion experiences Apostasy. Christianity itself being a result of Judaism Apostates.

2. Christianity being validated and justified by Spiritual gifts and fruits which you clearly do not bear.

3. Understanding the Bible being open to any one who is interested it's study. Jesus Christ himself confirming it in the Lawyer who tested him.

4. Religion being a vector of division. Every religion preaches against other religions.
Worse still Chrostian denominations preach against one another.

5. Christianity condemning everyone who doesn't believe Jesus Christ is the son of God.

Your claims here have been at best religious.
Your answers resonate almost exactly the answers a Muslim gives for being an Islam adherent, the only difference being your Christianese jargon.

A Muslim would likewise claim you can't understand the Quran because Arabic language is an heavenly language you have to first learn.
Sound familiar? Unbekievers can't understand the Bible because only the Hokyspirit can give its understanding, right?

A Muslim condemns every one who is non-muslim. In fact Islam teaches a Muslim not to even eat with Christians.

I also leave you with these parting words.
I had hoped you would be a vessel to shed more light on the Bible's inconsistencies but you have only proven incompetent.

I had hoped you would be Christlike turns out you're more of a Pharisee.

I had hoped you would have some experiential testimonies to witness the power of the Holyspirit but all you have displayed is your evasive acrobatics. Avoiding the most crucial question that validates Christianity.

I had hope you might even win a soul through your evangelism but alas you were more interested in your religious CV and religious titles.

And you wonder why there's growing apostasy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? / Fuel To Be Reverted To Old Price Tomorrow / did ham actually see noahs schlong ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.