Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools (22738 Views)

Nasarawa Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of Public, Private Schools / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by babayinka77(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2021
Numerouno94:

Wat do mean by fully funded?

Do u understand the fundamentals of this issue?
Do u knw the criteria given to the Gowon regime by the missionaries as they were abt leaving the country b4 they were allowed to partially fund the skuls?
That they where allowed to partially fund the skul does not mean they have full control over the skuls oga.
Is the funding by force? When this missionary skuls found out that the government where trying to interfere wit the running of the skuls they asked the government to hold on to their funds nd b left alone; some state governments hv stopped the funding buh some bokoharam states like kwara hv refused. Imagine? The issue is still in court...

Go nd read abt it nd wen u done pls modify this ur post.

Bigots everywhere. so Kwara is bokoharam state....anyone that is not a christian can never be good to some of you guys. Hypocrites!
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Charmingrascal(m): 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
babayinka77:

The schools in question now belongs to the state and are being funded by them regardless of the names given to them. You made made a valid point though by talking about tolerance but you ended it by contradicting yourself when you say Muslims are causing problems.
You guys should know how to contribute to issues without fuelling religious bigotry.

What would you call stoning of peaceful Christian protesters by Muslims that happened today?

Ain't you guys causing problem?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Freebills12: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.
THEN GO TO MUSLIM SCHOOL AND WORSHIP THAT YOUR ALLAH WELL, WHY GOING TO SCHOOL THAT ALLAH FORBIDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Germi9: 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
Kingnutts:
Naijiriyah jagaaa jagaaa
Islam has never been a religion of peace
through out the years of muhammed he was fighting on horseback from one region to another like a destitute,myth has it that he died in warfare ..the word "religion of peace" was a disguise to deceive people into the religion.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by shadeyinka(m): 12:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
paulolee:
education is d best legacy to give any child but religion is bigger in Africa and thats why it av kept us in shackles..
why would kids be kept at home just bcoz of "hijab"?? the hijab na power bank we dey charge thier brainz??
Why would some hooligans insist that hijab in Christian schools are prerequisites to quality education?

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by shadeyinka(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.
Why do Muslim parents prefer sending their children to Christian schools even though they have their own schools? Is it because of standards?

The standards they can't maintain in their own schools they want to impose on others.

Hooligans by religion!

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 12:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.
Is Islam still a religion of peace?

It is just an honest question.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

If you allow Muslims they will ask for "allowance".
You people are so trouble some.

I have Muslims in my family and I know how trouble some you people can be
Try and get ur facts correctly. These schools are OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. The names are just names. It is a PUbLiC school... Learn to do little research before jumping and castigate a whole religion and u claim u have muslims in ir family wink, highly unlikely. Regardless, one question though is Adolf Hitler a Muslim?. How many muslims do u know to b violent. Cause of what a mare 10% of a population do, u generalise and make rude comments. Because of ur long term hatred of a religion or culture. At least try and hide ur hatred for a people. It is not a good thing and ur proudly flaunting it. Shame on u

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Charmingrascal(m): 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

Try and get ur facts correctly. These schools are OWNED BY THE GOVERNMENT. The names are just names. It is a PUbLiC school... Learn to do little research before jumping and castigate a whole religion and u claim u have muslims in ir family wink, highly unlikely. Regardless, one question though is Adolf Hitler a Muslim?. How many muslims do u know to b violent. Cause of what a mare 10% of a population do, u generalise and make rude comments. Because of ur long term hatred of a religion or culture. At least try and hide ur hatred for a people. It is not a good thing and ur proudly flaunting it. Shame on u

For your info the Okesuna Primary School that I attended in Ilorin is a government owned school, yet we were forced to sing Islamic songs every morning.

Shame on you violent people.

6 Likes

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Posts: 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

greatdreamer:
Any Muslim girl who want to wear hijab should attend Islamic schools or government schools

That's not all about what is actually happening. What is actually happening is political. Towards the ending of last year and early this year, it was obvious to the governor that majority of people are no longer interested in him nor want him again.

They made it obvious to him and he got the message loud and clear that party Stewart and the people are waiting for PDP to come back. This caused a fight that was reported in major news outlets.

Then he thought about ( or was negatively advised) what he could do that people will start talking about him positively which will make majority of kwarans deviate from criticizing him.. then he reverted to the old tactics... use religious sentiment to gain people's acceptance.

What he doesn't know is people are well aware of what he is doing and the religious communities most especially Muslims are not in support of what he is happening
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

For your info the Okesuna Primary School that I attended in Ilorin is a government owned school, yet we were forced to sing Islamic songs every morning.

Shame on you violent people.
The primary school I attended in Rivers state. I was forced to close my eyes and sing. I then went to a public secondary school still here in Rivers state and i was intimidated by my own teachers and told to clap my hands till i was in ss1. And i still TOLORATED it. Because even whilst I was young and not a christian I understood simple things lyk religious tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
Even in the United kingdom , where Nigerias version of christianity emanated from. Muslim students are allowed to wear Hijab. Hypocrites that is what majority of people in Nigeria are, nothing less.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Danwakae(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
Bro, those missionary public schools r meant for those muslims/xtians who cant afford the private schools. For this case , a christian public school, why will a good muslim leave the countles numbas of public muslims schools in kwara for xtian public skul nd still want to wear hijab ?, ALL THESE U PPLE R DOING IS EXTREMISM. and not ISLAMIC. I'm a muslim.

8 Likes

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Regie2bless: 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
The governor of kwara state is taking sides with the Muslim fateful because he himself is a Muslim, kwara state is a peaceful state before this government come onboard. Why not say Christian student attend Christian school while muslim student attend Muslim school while in the case of public school everybody have equal rights to either wear hijab or not. CASE CLOSE. Is obvious the government Is enjoying this movie

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by zingywingy: 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2021
Why are Nigerian Xtians so hyprocrite ? I have worked in Muslim school before, students are free to come without hijab and they got punished for wearing dirty hijab.. If your Hijab is dirty, just keep it and come without hijab and we have xtain teachers too.

Secondly, Xtians in white country are tolerating gays but you in Nigeria cant tolerate hijabs.. SMH.

Charmingrascal:

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by lahizak: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Let me tell you want you don't know.

I attended Okesuna Primary School Ilorin and after morning assembly we were always singing this Islamic songs when matching to our classes, we were not allowed to sing Christian songs.

Okesuna is a government owned a school.
To cap it all those songs were songs that clearly insult Christianity but they forced them on us because we were too young to fight.

Those schools were built by missionaries and they are on Church lands. St Williams is on Catholic land, Baptist School is on Baptist land, so what are you saying.

Why do you people work in antonym to your "religion of peace" slogan?

Why do you always cause trouble, imagine Muslim stoning people who were protesting peacefully.

Isn't that enough provocation?
Just one question and answer sincerely, were the Christian girls in that Okesuna primary school forced to wear Hijab? Because I also attended Christ's School for my secondary school. It is a boarding house and you can imagine how life is for Muslims dere. U won't even be allowed to eat food if u did not write the attendance during the chapel period, so the option of not going to chapel is not even dere, we sing and we were made to cram the hymn book. God save u if u caught praying Muslim prayer at any side of the school. We Muslims in that school were forced to wear pure white to Sunday chapel, pray with ur eyes closed or no food. Muslim schools have their issue but I have never seen a Muslim school that force the Christians 2 go pray in d mosque. All dey are asking for now in a public school is to be allowed to wear Hijab to cover what they term as there modesty and y'all are defending dos ignorant parents and teachers harassing kids and then you will open ur mouths wide open to say Muslim are finding troubles. What insanity. I dare you to just go to any Muslim names govt school and see how Christians dress freely
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2021
jamace:
Africans lived in peace with their traditional religions until the arrival of foreign religions (christianity and islam).....

Since the arrival of foreign religions, it has been war war everywhere. Even the great virtues of love, honesty and integrity have evaporated and replaced with hatred, greed, dishonesty and selfishness....

I feel that Africans should return to their traditional ways of worship...

That is absolutely not true.

There were wars and fighting and mass enslavement and so on.

Bigger tribes fought smaller tribes and enalaved them

As an example the Jukun people ran a large empire centuries ago. By conquest . And back then they were not christians or muslims.

Edo people and Igala people used to be on terms of mortal defiance once. Almost all of them were pagans then
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Regie2bless: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:
Even in the United kingdom , where Nigerias version of christianity emanated from. Muslim students are allowed to wear Hijab. Hypocrites that is what majority of people in Nigeria are, nothing less.
you can not wear hijab in a c&s school because of their religious belief just the a christain student can not wear chalet to Al sar hudeen school
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by lahizak: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
Regie2bless:
The governor of kwara state is taking sides with the Muslim fateful because he himself is a Muslim, kwara state is a peaceful state before this government come onboard. Why not say Christian student attend Christian school while muslim student attend Muslim school while in the case of public school everybody have equal rights to either wear hijab or not. CASE CLOSE. Is obvious the government Is enjoying this movie
But the school in question is now a public school. It used to be a missionary school but now it is fully owned and control by govt. Govt pay for everything including teachers salary and all. The school only maintain its name because they don't want to erase the history attached to that name.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Regie2bless: 1:02pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:
you can not wear hijab in a c&s school because of their religious belief just the way a christain student can not wear chaplet to Al sar hudeen school

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:

Rubbish! You can see beyond your religion fanatism. So will they allow cele to wear garment to school or traditional worship to come to school in their masquerade attire. We to look at things holistically and how it affects other people.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
Regie2bless:
you can not wear hijab in a c&s school because of their religious belief just the way a christain student can not wear chaplet to Al sar hudeen school
Except in this case it is not a christian school it is a PuBLIC school. I can start a school today as a Christian and call it Mohammed school, it is just a name. It is th government that runs the school for everyone. In saudi today 99% of schools name are arabic... How difficult is this. If UNN today said no Christian should come to their school how would u feel This is how crisis happens. Most wars being fought around the globe today is as a result of Misinformation and conspiracy theories
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

But Saudi, Iran, Iraq or Northern Naija will never tolerate Christians. Do you see the irony? You guys are intolerant but wants others to tolerate you Muslims. Religion of peace my foot.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ginomel(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
sulaak:

I disagree with the Kwara state government position, student go to school to learn and not for religion, there is too much religion in Nigeria, that has not been the best the country.

The missionary schools must leave the state funding mechanism if they don't want Muslim students practicing their faith and values.

What are you saying? The mission schools are clamouring for complete autonomy but the Islamic government still wants to have a part control because of obvious religious reasons.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Arinze624: 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
Naijiria scatter scatter grin
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ilaje1:

But Saudi, Iran, Iraq or Northern Naija will never tolerate Christians. Do you see the irony? You guys are intolerant but wants others to tolerate you Muslims. Religion of peace my foot.
Because Adolf hitler was a violent christian man and killed so many jews*. Does it mean all Christian's are violent?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
this is 21st century idiots...
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by malakaimoscondo: 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2021
SlayerSupreme:
Jihad is not only by war. Jihad can be fought through economic means and through government policies (like this one). The Christians in the state are gradually being emasculated. Gradually they will subtly convert everybody.
u are onr of the mum u's that believe buhari will islamize Nigeria if he become president... even though buhari epitomise failure...am still waiting for that islamization...if the st st st sch will nt allow hijab in predominantly Muslim state like kwara,,they should pack to Christian state like rivers and cross rivers ....they must respect the government ruling on the matter...hijab is mandatory for Muslims women..is not fashion
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by mabea: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
Will you accept it if Christians attend Muslim schools and dress just like Christians in those schools and also carry out their fellowship.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by moradeke42109: 1:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Naijiria scatter scatter
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by jamace(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2021
Subsidybad21:

That is absolutely not true.

There were wars and fighting and mass enslavement and so on.

Bigger tribes fought smaller tribes and enalaved them

As an example the Jukun people ran a large empire centuries ago. By conquest . And back then they were not christians or muslims.

Edo people and Igala people used to be on terms of mortal defiance once. Almost all of them were pagans then

When wars are fought on traditionally known grounds, it is understood and better. But when you begin to fight over foreign issues which you know nothing about, which has eroded your cultures and beliefs, there is a problem.

Same foreign religious carriers enslaved Africa and till date still enslave Africa, politically, economically and socially. African societies have lost brotherly love, honesty and integrity..

Who is a pagan/infidel? There is nobody who is a pagan/infidel. Stop using such words. You see, that is one of the ways in which foreign religions try to brainwash and belittle the African traditional religion...Religion is religion. Religion should be part of the culture of a people, but when you imbibe foreign religions, you lose your culture and identity......
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Octofirm: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2021
[color=#990000][/color] I think; to stop the problem, those schools should stop enrollment of the Muslim wards into their respective schools, if they can't abide with the Christian missionary school lay down rules that established them. And I will as well; advise the muslims, to take their own wards to Islamic schools. Period, I think these will rest the case(s), as the case may be.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by hansomb: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

is hijab not part of Christianity ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Universities Should Re-open - Pro-chancellors / I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.