Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools (23041 Views)

Nasarawa Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of Public, Private Schools / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by hansomb: 2:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
They have the right to wear hijab.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Pacesetter123(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Let me tell you want you don't know.

I attended Okesuna Primary School Ilorin and after morning assembly we were always singing this Islamic songs when matching to our classes, we were not allowed to sing Christian songs.

Okesuna is a government owned a school.
To cap it all those songs were songs that clearly insult Christianity but they forced them on us because we were too young to fight.

Those schools were built by missionaries and they are on Church lands. St Williams is on Catholic land, Baptist School is on Baptist land, so what are you saying.

Why do you people work in antonym to your "religion of peace" slogan?

Why do you always cause trouble, imagine Muslim stoning people who were protesting peacefully.

Isn't that enough provocation?
Can you imagine that! They forced you people to sing Islamic songs in a secular school and nobody talks about it.If it was opposite,the whole kwara wud av bin on flame.SMH
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Charmingrascal(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
Pacesetter123:
Can you imagine that! They forced you people to sing Islamic songs in a secular school and nobody talks about it.If it was opposite,the whole kwara wud av bin on flame.SMH

Not just an Islamic song, but Islamic song that blasphemed Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by King44(m): 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

The primary school I attended in Rivers state. I was forced to close my eyes and sing. I then went to a public secondary school still here in Rivers state and i was intimidated by my own teachers and told to clap my hands till i was in ss1. And i still TOLORATED it. Because even whilst I was young and not a christian I understood simple things lyk religious tolerance.
you could as well have asked your parent to take you to another state where they run Muslim schools.... When you are in Time behave like a Rome nobody forced it down on you but your parent could not afford to change your school due to the fact that you lived in Christian dominated areas n schools if there were Muslim schools there trust me dem go change u
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Pacesetter123(m): 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

For your info the Okesuna Primary School that I attended in Ilorin is a government owned school, yet we were forced to sing Islamic songs every morning.

Shame on you violent people.
Tell him abeg.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by BBBells: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
trouble sleep yanga go wake am

may GOD save the state from consequences of this brouhaha

those who have witnessed this shiit before know better

q
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by drlateef: 2:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Maxymilliano:
The government is setting a bad precedence and won't end well for everyone.

What does missionary schools has to do with the use of hijab as part of dressing code for willing students, when there are Islamic schools that accommodates such ?

They might as well go to school in bikinis, if dress code is not required. And how will hijab obstruct education or teaching in class?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
jamace:

When wars are fought on traditionally known grounds, it is understood and better. But when you begin to fight over foreign issues which you know nothing about, which has eroded your cultures and beliefs, there is a problem.

Same foreign religious carriers enslaved Africa and till date still enslave Africa, politically, economically and socially. African societies have lost brotherly love, honesty and integrity..

Who is a pagan/infidel? There is nobody who is a pagan/infidel. Stop using such words. You see, that is one of the ways in which foreign religions try to brainwash and belittle the African traditional religion...Religion is religion. Religion should be part of the culture of a people, but when you imbibe foreign religions, you lose your culture and identity......

All that is true, I daresay, what I was refuting is the idea that 'Africa was peaceful till those pesky foreigners came with their religion' theory...

I do not deny that Christianity and Islam have violence issues, however, I do have issues with the idea that 'All would be peaceful if there was no christianity, islam, atheisim, paganism, etc' ideology. Man is not a peaceful animal.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by JBArokonkwo1(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.
Is Islam still a religion of peace?

It is just an honest question.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

If you allow Muslims they will ask for "allowance".
You people are so trouble some.

I have Muslims in my family and I know how trouble some you people can be

Irony of hypocrisy.
I attended a so called govt/secular primary and secondary Schools in Benin and every morning we had assembly were we prayed christian prayers,sang christian songs and even offered only christian religious knowledge......

I had muslims in my class and they were forced to say christian prayers in secular school....no one ever saw it as abnormal...

The intolerance from both some Christians and muslims reeks of hypocrisy and ignorance.

The moment u drop religion,u will begin to see humans as human and not the skewed perception religious folks have....

Religion is toxic!

Humanity is love.....

Peace!
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Pacesetter123(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
lahizak:

But the school in question is now a public school. It used to be a missionary school but now it is fully owned and control by govt. Govt pay for everything including teachers salary and all. The school only maintain its name because they don't want to erase the history attached to that name.
But let me ask you one question.....Does it mean that you people didn't know the importance of wearing this hijap all this while?
Are those schools newly established?
Why all the noise about hijab now?
Those Muslims ladies that graduated from the schools without wearing hijab long before now,are they not successful in their different fields of career?
So why the hijab now?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

Because Adolf hitler was a violent christian man and killed so many jews*. Does it mean all Christian's are violent?

Did he kill for religious reason?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Not just an Islamic song, but Islamic song that blasphemed Jesus.

Do you remember some of the songs? Can you put the lyrics here?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Josbreed: 2:47pm On Mar 17, 2021
You will not see.the muslems coming to comment o.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Kingspin(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2021
The Christians should never ever cede an inche to these radical demands.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Mccullum: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

Nothing reasonable above.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ilaje1:

Did he kill for religious reason?
Alaye visit wikipedia. Even if he did not does it make a difference. So if anyone comes out to say he is killing for christianity does it mean he is speaking for christianity
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by sulaak(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ginomel:

What are you saying? The mission schools are clamouring for complete autonomy but the Islamic government still wants to have a part control because of obvious religious reasons.

The mission school should stop taking government funds and services. The government cannot impose the Hijab on Covenant University.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by kayjay69(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
I think the christian community needs to choose its battles sensibly otherwise it risks alienating everyone else and looking plain stupid.

these schools although originally founded by missionaries were handed over to and receive funding from the state government. hence the government sets the rules regarding these things. Also the rule applies to girls of muslim faith, NOT GIRLS OF ALL FAITH.

How the hell is this even an issue of all the issues we have in this country and in that state?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Otsam(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.
And I want to believe the Muslim also will agree with a pastor’s child wearing robe to Ansarudeen and traditional worshiper adorning their regalia and everyone would claim it is commanded by whoever they worship. Or we should even imagine this scenario in the so called mission schools and imagine the consequence. Anyways... religion is a sword, continue using for whatever suits you.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Llight101(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.
Then the almighty allah should open schools now....
These are Missionary Schools and not his.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by iwaeda: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Genesis 16:11-13 11The angel of the LORD proceeded: “Behold, you have conceived and will bear a son. And you shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard your cry of affliction. 12He will be a wild donkey of a man, and his hand will be against everyone, and everyone’s hand against him; he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.” 13So Hagar gave this name to the LORD who had spoken to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “Here I have seen the One who sees me!”…

Let AbdulRahman not destroy Kwara, OTOOGE.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ephemmm: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2021
hansomb:
They have the right to wear hijab.

and what stopped them from enrolling in one of those countless public schools with islamic traditions/tendencies?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Samueliplc(m): 4:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

You just said my mind, God bless you
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Oracleforce: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:

i supposing the incumbent governor is a Christian, the policy will have been other way round.
this is an eye-opener for the original school owner to take the control of their school from Kwara State government as it was done in Lagos State....
almost all the Missionary School in Lagos is now 100 percent private and being funded by the Church authority....whosoever pay the piper ,dictate the tune.
Igbobi College, St Finbarrs, Baptist Academy etc is now 100 percent missionary School. and since the church authority have taken possession of their school, it is now more decent, better, and safer for learning....
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by emilo2bad: 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
Charmingrascal:

The schools in question are not Christian schools but government owned
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by emilo2bad: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2021
AzuNas:
Alright. . . . . . . Ajie

The missionary schools should not,i repeat should not allow this rubbish.
If you want to wear hijab,go to schools that accept hijab.
Nonsense...

Abeg
You misinterpret missionary schools taken over by government as Christian schools you demonstrate your bigotry nature
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by KGD10: 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

Except in this case it is not a christian school it is a PuBLIC school. I can start a school today as a Christian and call it Mohammed school, it is just a name. It is th government that runs the school for everyone. In saudi today 99% of schools name are arabic... How difficult is this. If UNN today said no Christian should come to their school how would u feel This is how crisis happens. Most wars being fought around the globe today is as a result of Misinformation and conspiracy theories

It's not public school mbok.. the government didn't build the school or bought the land for them. The church built them. It's called "uniform" wear for a reason. Now tell me the meaning of a uniform? Should a sango worshiper also wear his Sango dress to the school?

Don't You have Muslims schools, why don't you attend the school? Dem swear for you people. Why don't you people like peace?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by KGD10: 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2021
emilo2bad:

The schools in question are not Christian schools but government owned

They're not owned by the government. The school was built by the church. The land was bought by the church. Why don't you go to Muslim school? Dem swear for you people? Are you people cursed not to want peace?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Isabawa: 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2021
[quote author=Charmingrascal post=99956854]They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

I have Muslims in my family and I know how trouble some you people can be [Do you have any idea how lame and sentimental you sound right now, the Christian community doesn't wear hijab that is not a problem for anyone, the Muslim community is not bothered about what Christians wears or what they don't. The law allows schools pupils to wear hijab. Now the so called "peaceful community" comes to impose a non hijab policy on the Muslims! Who is the trouble Makers, who is provoking who? Bunch of bigots. ]
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by KGD10: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2021
lahizak:

But the school in question is now a public school. It used to be a missionary school but now it is fully owned and control by govt. Govt pay for everything including teachers salary and all. The school only maintain its name because they don't want to erase the history attached to that name.

The school was built by the church! The land was bought by the church!.. the government didn't build the school or bought the land for them. The church built them. It's called "uniform" wear for a reason. Now tell me what's the meaning of a uniform? Should a sango worshiper also wear his Sango dress to the school?

Don't You have Muslims schools, why don't you attend the school? Dem swear for you people. Why don't you people like peace?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by hansomb: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ephemmm:

and what stopped them from enrolling in one of those countless public schools with islamic traditions/tendencies?
they equally have right of choice.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by israelmao(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
'O To Ge' movement has plunged Kwara State into needless bloodbath and violence.So the wearing of hijab in schools is all that governor can do in spite of the unemployment and underdevelopment crisis bedeviling the state.Was there any such crisis when Lawal ,Bukola were in power?'O To Ge' crusaders should be licking their wounds and writhing in horrible pain right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Has Increased Prostitution, Group Alleges / A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) / Ayatu Momoh: Federal Poly Offa Lecturer Slumps And Dies In Kwara (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.