Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools (22741 Views)

Nasarawa Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of Public, Private Schools / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Localemperor: 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2021
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.
Oga say what you know, the judgement from the appeal court was not to ..."allow hijab but to prevent the return the schools to churches after 40 year of transfer to government...." the issue of hijab is yet to get to court and its still been settled out of court...
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Insidenaija: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2021
sulaak:

I disagree with the Kwara state government position, student go to school to learn and not for religion, there is too much religion in Nigeria, that has not been the best the country.

The missionary schools must leave the state funding mechanism if they don't want Muslim students practicing their faith and values.

Don't say what you don't know, the problem here is that kwara state government don't fund and rebuild damage buildings in the schools.

They have even spoiled the education standard of the schools by bringing teachers who are not capable, through religion and politics without considering the students.

The same thing in their state tertiary institutions, recruit lectures that are capable they won't, because of religion.

I am an aluminumus of C&S college so I know what am saying.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Nigeria is a fucking hard country to rule.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by offset67(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2021
the world would be a better place if all Muslims just die
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by BRATISLAVA: 11:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:

The primary school I attended in Rivers state. I was forced to close my eyes and sing. I then went to a public secondary school still here in Rivers state and i was intimidated by my own teachers and told to clap my hands till i was in ss1. And i still TOLORATED it. Because even whilst I was young and not a christian I understood simple things lyk religious tolerance.

What do you think happens to Christians in Bornu and the core North? Nobody was going to lynch you if you didn't.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by BRATISLAVA: 11:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
Aremson14:
Even in the United kingdom , where Nigerias version of christianity emanated from. Muslim students are allowed to wear Hijab. Hypocrites that is what majority of people in Nigeria are, nothing less.

Did you check what happened before they were allowed to wear hijabs? The threats of death and violence unless they were allowed to have it their way? Don't act like it came about peacefully. There's never been anything peaceful about hijabs.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by nurain150(m): 12:22am On Mar 18, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.
Is Islam still a religion of peace?

It is just an honest question.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

If you allow Muslims they will ask for "allowance".
You people are so trouble some.

I have Muslims in my family and I know how trouble some you people can be
this guy mumu sha but christian teachers sabi teach for ansurudeen ur biasnesss never cease to amaze me
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Hadeylex: 3:54am On Mar 18, 2021
Charmingrascal:
They should not start religious crisis in Kwara if you want your child to wear hijab take her to Ansarudeen Islamic College.

Why would you enroll your child at C & S School and expect them to allow her wear hijab.

That been said, we should learn to be tolerant in this Country, Wearing hijab wouldn't change anything in the school but I understand the fear of the school authority, if they allow hijab now, in the next ten years Muslim will claim to be the owner of the school and they will build mosque and even make attempt to rename the school.

But to be honest why do Muslims like problem so much, their attitude is an antonym of there "religion of peace" slogan.
Why do they like provoking Christians, all the religion crisis in this Country have been ignited by Muslims.
Is Islam still a religion of peace?

It is just an honest question.

Modified; You see what I am saying, some of them are already talking about renaming the school.

If you allow Muslims they will ask for "allowance".
You people are so trouble some.

I have Muslims in my family and I know how trouble some you people can be

Everything I want to say already said above. Let Muslim children attend Muslim schools and Christian children attend mission schools, simple.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Hadeylex: 3:58am On Mar 18, 2021
Afolak:
All this missionary schools are now fully funded by the Kwara State Government.The state government recruit staffs and also renovate structures as at when due.Hitherto,there has been a judgement in the high court and appeal court here in ilorin that has given the go ahead to muslim students to wear hijab in those schools.Hijab is an injuction by ALMIGHTY ALLAH to female or women as the case may be,it is an identity of muslim women.You may also wish to seek for the court rulings on hijab in the case of LAGOS and OYO respectively.Let us all leave peacefully amongs ourselves and shun all religious bigotry.

Ọ̀rọ̀ omugo!
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2021
KGD10:

It's not public school mbok.. the government didn't build the school or bought the land for them. The church built them. It's called "uniform" wear for a reason. Now tell me the meaning of a uniform? Should a sango worshiper also wear his Sango dress to the school?

Don't You have Muslims schools, why don't you attend the school? Dem swear for you people. Why don't you people like peace?

Meaning if I even wear a wrist watch to school I am no longer wearing skul uniform. The hijab is a head covering, it is not as if it is covering the uniform. It doesn't disturb d uniform in any form or manner. Are people really this clueless
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 7:04am On Mar 18, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Did you check what happened before they were allowed to wear hijabs? The threats of death and violence unless they were allowed to have it their way? Don't act like it came about peacefully. There's never been anything peaceful about hijabs.
grin grin which one is death threat again.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by BRATISLAVA: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2021
Aremson14:

grin grin which one is death threat again.

How did the hijab come to be accepted in the US, UK, France etc? Isn't it always after one terrible Islamic terrorist attack to force them into it? Isn't that the threat of death?

Death threats are what has made the world accept Islam. If they don't accept Islam, moslems will kill them. So they accept them to live, not because they are peaceful. That is religion of forceful deadly imposition.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Charmingrascal(m): 7:52am On Mar 18, 2021
nurain150:

this guy mumu sha but christian teachers sabi teach for ansurudeen ur biasnesss never cease to amaze me

Even your name show you are a fool.
Imagine someone answering Nureni.

Lol, God forbid.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by KGD10: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2021
Aremson14:

Meaning if I even wear a wrist watch to school I am no longer wearing skul uniform. The hijab is a head covering, it is not as if it is covering the uniform. It doesn't disturb d uniform in any form or manner. Are people really this clueless

Yes. in my school back then, you can only wear a leather/rubber brown coloured wrist watch to the school. Anything else apart from this will be seized by the authorities and school teachers. A plastic/rubber Brown shoe too. Anything else apart from this will be seized. it's called uniform for a reason.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
Aremson14:

Alaye visit wikipedia. Even if he did not does it make a difference. So if anyone comes out to say he is killing for christianity does it mean he is speaking for christianity

Simple search wld have told you Adolf loathed Christianity too. That being, we are talking about religious war here - someone killing based on Islam, Christianity and all that - NOT a racial, ethnic or tribal war. So Adolf is a wrong example. Islam has brought more problems to Nigeria than peace. And most followers are fanatics.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Aremson14:

Using your warped logic, then anyone can wear cap of any type and Female can wear the CAC-kinda hat since it is not covering the uniform.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 7:00am On Mar 19, 2021
Ilaje1:

Simple search wld have told you Adolf loathed Christianity too. That being, we are talking about religious war here - someone killing based on Islam, Christianity and all that - NOT a racial, ethnic or tribal war. So Adolf is a wrong example. Islam has brought more problems to Nigeria than peace. And most followers are fanatics.
Are u an expert on security? Do u know the number of Muslims in Nigeria? Do u know the number of "fanatics". So because of what less than 10% has done the remaining 90% should be condemned. I have a theory, the truth is that most Christians who make this ballant accusations get some kind of joy from making innocent muslims feel bad. Because I can't find any other reason why u would know there are millions of Muslims who are the most affected by crisis of these criminals and still some how make that insinuation. I just can't understand. Most of people like u are sorry to say hypocrites.
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 7:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Ilaje1:

Using your warped logic, then anyone can wear cap of any type and Female can wear the CAC-kinda hat since it is not covering the uniform.
Tolerance. A basic thing every human should have. The Muslim said it must be worn, it is not as if it exposes the skin more or they are wearing it for fancy. What would it cost u?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Aremson14:

Tolerance. A basic thing every human should have. The Muslim said it must be worn, it is not as if it exposes the skin more or they are wearing it for fancy. What would it cost u?

As usual, deviating from the point. If you can tolerate A, then you have to tolerate B, C, D.....etc. Question is where does it stop. The Muslims that want pple to bend for them don't bed for anyone. Can I a church in Mecca? Can sell drink openly in the north?
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Ilaje1: 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Aremson14:

Are u an expert on security? Do u know the number of Muslims in Nigeria? Do u know the number of "fanatics". So because of what less than 10% has done the remaining 90% should be condemned. I have a theory, the truth is that most Christians who make this ballant accusations get some kind of joy from making innocent muslims feel bad. Because I can't find any other reason why u would know there are millions of Muslims who are the most affected by crisis of these criminals and still some how make that insinuation. I just can't understand. Most of people like u are sorry to say hypocrites.

The criminals are killing based on Islam (fact). Whether their actions affects other Muslims doesn't change the fact that they killed based on Islam. And doesn't change the fact that Islam has brought more trouble to Naija than peace. There is a reason the Yorubas call it esin imole (religion of force).
Re: Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools by Aremson14(m): 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ilaje1:

[s]The criminals are killing based on Islam (fact)[/s] .
. At this point I rest my case. Everyone is now a security or islamic expert. I dont blame u sha, I blame the criminals we elected as our leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Working With A Psycho Please Help / Ipod In Exam Hall: Landmark University Expelled My Friend. What Can He Do? / Unizik Releases 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.