Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names (13604 Views)

Show You How To Make Money In 20mins Buying And Selling Domain Names / How To Make Money Selling Domain Names / How To Make Money Online By Reading And Commenting On News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by magnificent5: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nice Write up. This is what we need in Nigeria. Learning and Earning. Not Scamming.

4 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by IQUIT(m): 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Let me register myself here.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Hezbola: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Thanks for the info.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
I'll try to do a new post today. Hopefully wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by iphyjones(f): 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2021
I appreciate your time it's not easy. Please how do I go about domain. Do I need to register or there's an app for it. Thanks
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by scofield114: 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
u r good person teaching us useful thing for free thank so much more sells to ur domains
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by iphyjones(f): 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Please am a novice when it comes to domain although I v heard about it n I want to start trading (buying n sellin) how do I go about getting registered [color=#550000][/color]
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
I need to say this. It's something I've started implementing.

I register a domain with the mindset of renewing it after 1 year if it doesn't sell. So I don't register crappy/ bad domains. I take my time to 'judge' the quality of a domain before I register it.

Let me also add this: although people get to sell domains immediately they registered it or shortly after, it isn't always the case. So guys be calming down. cheesy
You typically have 1year to find buyers (or they find you) before renewals. So, it might sell at the 3rd month, 6th month, 8th month or 12th month. And it might also not be sold within 1 year and you have to decide whether to renew or drop it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
iphyjones:
I appreciate your time it's not easy. Please how do I go about domain. Do I need to register or there's an app for it. Thanks
Beauriful aunty, read the thread again. I explained everything. wink

2 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by oregan(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
between Texas or TX
NewYork or Nyc
which one is advisable to use
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
oregan:
between Texas or TX
NewYork or Nyc or NY
which one is advisable to use
@bolded, NY is better than NYC

To your question,

Both would work. It's left to the end user to decide.

In situations where the Product/Service is long (in terms of number of letters), abbreviations might be desirable.
E.g
NyPatioAndDeck//.com NYFamilyLawAttorney//.com
BuildingContractorsTx//.com
TxBuildingContractors//.com (Texas/Building/Contractors/com is currently registered and developed. Anyone can register the TX and outbou... pls check if it meets other criteria for registering Geo's abeg o grin)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Richsteemit: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
fergusen:

@bolded, NY is better than NYC

To your question,

Both would work. It's left to the end user to decide.

In situations where the Product/Service is long (in terms of number of letters), abbreviations might be desirable.
E.g
NyPatioAndDeck//.com NYFamilyLawAttorney//.com
BuildingContractorsTx//.com
TxBuildingContractors//.com (Texas/Building/Contractors/com is currently registered and developed. Anyone can register the TX and outbou... pls check if it meets other criteria for registering Geo's abeg o grin)

I sent you an email sir.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Richsteemit:

I sent you an email sir.
My Nairaland pm doesn't work. Find me on telegram. See screenshot.

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 2:57pm On Apr 08, 2021
So many of you have repeatedly asked me how to find popular Services you can combine with your Geo's.
Let me introduce you to expertise.//com. Visit the site and play with it.

There you will find Services provided in a particular USA state (and city).

It's also a good site to find end users.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
STAYING UPDATED. FOLLOW THE TRENDS/NEWS.

Straight to the point.
You see this domain investing, you have to be current. You need to know what's happening/trending in the domain world and outside (globally). Why?

1. Registrar's run promos from time to time. Domains that should cost $8 are made available for $6 or less. Some also create sweet/affordable transfer deals. So you have to be current in order not to miss the info.

2. In the domain industry, registrars (you already know what a registrar is) and marketplaces sometimes FIGHT/QUARREL with each other. And when two elephants fight, it's the grass (domainers) that always suffer. Example: SAV registrar currently have a FIGHT with DAN domain Marketplace (the other way actually). Because of this, if you bought/registered your domains at SAV .com, you CANNOT sell it at DAN marketplace. And you know how important DAN marketplace is. So if you are someone who likes DAN marketplace, then you'll avoid SAV registrar.
There are also other ongoing 'Fights' among marketplace and registrars. So you need to be current.

3. From time to time, there are new developments in the world, from tech, to lifestyle, to sports. As a Domainer, if you are always current, then you stand a greater chance of profiting from trends. Just imagine the people who were first to grab/register good bitcoin names. BitcoinMarket, BTCMarket, GoBitcoin, etc. That's cool money! Currently, NFT (Non Fungible Tokens) is trending. Many NFT names have been registered and there's been Many report of Sales in $$$$.
Also, sometimes last year, someone reported (on twitter) he sold 2 .VC (.VC is an extension like .com) domains for about $4999 in quick succession. When the new got out, many domainers started registering .VC domains. Even me, I registered 3. Though no sales yet. But Many have reported sales. So you see the importance of being current.

4. Sometimes, domain brokers make public posts on various media platforms requesting for certain types of names. If you have what they need, then you stand a good chance of selling your domains that way.

5. Some domains sell well at specific marketplaces. If you are current, then you'll know which marketplace is suitable for your domains.

6. There are pros in this business with thousands, and hundreds of thousands of Domains. From time to time, they share golden nuggets/insights/info about pricing, marketplace, etc. Generally, what has worked for them and what isn't working. If you want to climb up the Domain investing ladder, then you better pay attention to what they are saying.

There are still more reason why you should be current/up-to-date. But let me stop this post here.
Next, I'll post some domain industry related Twitter handles to follow. As a Domainer, After registering at Namepros (the largest domain forum in the world), Twitter is the next place you need to get an account. The domain industry's big boys and girls are there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by VersatileVee: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
Thanks alot boss... I'm following
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by VersatileVee: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2021
Please boss I gat a domain I want to buy .com
After making enquiry on google...I found out that there's someone who already has .com.ng...
Can I buy this .com and sell it outbound
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by ayomide32: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
fergusen:
If you noticed, I didn't really go in-depth in the recent posts. No time. angry

So let me talk about domain investing the zero capital way.
It is possible to be a domain investor without spending money buying domains yourself.
I've earned over $1000 this way within the last 6 months or so.

How?
Through Squadhelp.com!
Squadhelp is arguably the Number 1 branding firm in the world. People/Businesses turn to Squadhelp for names for their businesses / Products.
On Squadhelp, there are Creatives (anybody can be a creative) who participate in contests which are meant to supply these names suggestions.
In order to protect the unregistered names/domains suggested in those contests, SH decided to help creatives register (protect) those names suggestions. Then things changed, bla bla bla. The story is long, but let me cut it short here abeg.

What Squadhelp was doing then has now evolved into them having a marketplace for domains. Currently, there are over 80,000 domains on Squadhelp.

So how do you get involved in this?
You can submit/suggest unregistered BRANDABLE domains to Squadhelp. (Remember Squadhelp has a ready market for those names.).

They will review your submissions. If it makes sense and they like it, they will register the domains and create a logo for the domain.
When it sells, you get a commission of 25% (about $400+).
Currently, I have about 60 BRANDABLE domains at Squadhelp that I didn't spend a dime to register any. And When any sells, I get my 25% commission which is $400+.

Squadhelp use to be easy to get names accepted/approved as at late 2019 to early late 2020. But now they are a bit stringent with the quality of names they approve.
They however still approve names.

So if you are interested, sign up as a CREATIVE, and start suggesting unregistered brandables. But you must know what is a brandable. You can check names on Squadhelp marketplace to see examples of what they have listed. That will guide you.
Remember the tool I said can be used to check availability of unregistered domains: INSTANTDOMAINSEARCH.COM

Good luck!
Later...

Nice one. You sold 2 names out if the 60?
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Roysnickz: 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
fergusen:
Months back I organized a private WhatsApp class about the ABC of making money online; by buying and selling domain names. I'll be reproducing some of what I taught here.

Who is this thread for?
Primarily, this thread is for those who know next to nothing about Domains, and domain buying and selling.
So which group of people is this for, in terms of financial capacity?

1. Students and those with little or no money to buy domains. There is a 'zero capital' way. Just your creativity and time.
ai
2. Those with capacity to spend $50, $100, $200 etc acquire domains for the purpose of reselling.

Forgive my typos, because I'll be typing right from my head, and no time to proofread.

NOTE: I try my best to provide up-to-date and accurate info. Still do your own research and be convinced. Don't hold me responsible for anything that happens smiley

And yes, All rights reserved. undecided

Thanks for a job well done.
tried domain flipping some time back but I didn't work for me.
I wonder if I can get your contact and learn one or two things from you. here is my
snickzroy@gmail.com
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
wow I need to be very frank with you you are such a good teacher and all your analysis were correct and timely.
domain buying and selling has always been very lucrative online jobs.. I stumbled upon something like this on here some years ago but due to lack of commitment and motivation. I could not continue but seeing this thread again it's really gave me another hope.. I will like to know more about this.. And hopefully invest my time and resources on it.. Thanks
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Sheffdon: 8:44am On Apr 25, 2021
I paid ₦10,000 for "training" and could not get half of the info you dropped here. This life sha. Thanks for this priceless info sir

YOUR KIND IS RARE TO COME BY

6 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kindly check my last post above. I just edited it, and dropped a fresh post. smiley

I'll reply you guys later abeg. I'll be back kiss
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2021
VersatileVee:
Please boss I gat a domain I want to buy .com
After making enquiry on google...I found out that there's someone who already has .com.ng...
Can I buy this .com and sell it outbound
If it's a good domain (with a good keyword), you can buy and list on any of the domain Marketplaces. If your intention is to sell to the person with the '.com.ng', forget it. Most Nigerians don't know the value of domains. Go and fish for other domains

2 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
ayomide32:

Nice one. You sold 2 names out if the 60?
I've sold 6 in total at Squadhelp. Both end user price and wholesale price.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
Roysnickz:

Thanks for a job well done.
tried domain flipping some time back but I didn't work for me.
I wonder if I can get your contact and learn one or two things from you. here is my
snickzroy@gmail.com
sad Eeeeya. You can give it a try again. With a diversified portfolio of domains, you should be able to find success this time.
Scroll up, I posted how to find/reach me.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
emmanuelpopson:
wow I need to be very frank with you you are such a good teacher and all your analysis were correct and timely.
domain buying and selling has always been very lucrative online jobs.. I stumbled upon something like this on here some years ago but due to lack of commitment and motivation. I could not continue but seeing this thread again it's really gave me another hope.. I will like to know more about this.. And hopefully invest my time and resources on it.. Thanks
Thanks for the compliments.
To know more, follow the advice and information provided in this thread.

1 Like

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
Sheffdon:
I paid ₦10,000 for "training" and could not get half of the info you dropped here. This life sha. Thanks for this priceless info sir

YOUR KIND IS RARE TO COME BY
To be frank, it's not easy to drop gold like this o.
Information like this doesn't come cheap.
What I am posting cost me over 3000+ hours of reading (+Practice). I come be like encyclopedia grin.
I've contemplated making this a paid tutorial several times.
There are still many many many things to say. Maybe those things will be shared with people who subscribe to the paid class, if I go that direction. grin
But this thread (so far) would help any serious individual get started with domain investing.

So what happened after you took the tutorial? You bought domains?

4 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by siigwe: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2021
Thanks you sir.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by siigwe: 6:59am On Apr 26, 2021
Thank you sir.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by AdeGreen9: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2021
Are you in Nigeria and you have clients in East Africa , receiving payments is difficult?
Kindly contact on WhatsApp for honest safe delivery of funds +254 7 451 35 625
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by VersatileVee: 8:56am On Apr 26, 2021
fergusen:
If you noticed, I didn't really go in-depth in the recent posts. No time. angry

So let me talk about domain investing the zero capital way.
It is possible to be a domain investor without spending money buying domains yourself.
I've earned over $1000 this way within the last 6 months or so.

How?
Through Squadhelp.com!
Squadhelp is arguably the Number 1 branding firm in the world. People/Businesses turn to Squadhelp for names for their businesses / Products.
On Squadhelp, there are Creatives (anybody can be a creative) who participate in contests which are meant to supply these names suggestions.
In order to protect the unregistered names/domains suggested in those contests, SH decided to help creatives register (protect) those names suggestions. Then things changed, bla bla bla. The story is long, but let me cut it short here abeg.

What Squadhelp was doing then has now evolved into them having a marketplace for domains. Currently, there are over 80,000 domains on Squadhelp.

So how do you get involved in this?
You can submit/suggest unregistered BRANDABLE domains to Squadhelp. (Remember Squadhelp has a ready market for those names.).

They will review your submissions. If it makes sense and they like it, they will register the domains and create a logo for the domain.
When it sells, you get a commission of 25% (about $400+).
Currently, I have about 60 BRANDABLE domains at Squadhelp that I didn't spend a dime to register any. And When any sells, I get my 25% commission which is $400+.

Squadhelp use to be easy to get names accepted/approved as at late 2019 to early late 2020. But now they are a bit stringent with the quality of names they approve.
They however still approve names.

So if you are interested, sign up as a CREATIVE, and start suggesting unregistered brandables. But you must know what is a brandable. You can check names on Squadhelp marketplace to see examples of what they have listed. That will guide you.
Remember the tool I said can be used to check availability of unregistered domains: INSTANTDOMAINSEARCH.COM

Good luck!
Later...
Boss thanks alot... I'm very good in forming sense catching and available domain name for products and services,
And the last time I checked on squadhelp you have to register with 10usd to join in the naming contest...and also there no other platform like it...
And right now I got nothing, schooling and family have drained me alot...
Can I please get someone I can partner with I'll give him my domains name he'll analyze it and then offer to squadhelp, if it works well..he will give me my own percentage so that I can be able to start something to, to start domaining?

Man is seriously down!
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2021
VersatileVee:

Boss thanks alot... I'm very good in forming sense catching and available domain name for products and services.
Na your type SH need. cheesy
And the last time I checked on squadhelp you have to register with 10usd to join in the naming contest...and also there no other platform like it...
And right now I got nothing, schooling and family have drained me alot...
Actually, this isn't about the naming contests. Log in to Squadhelp and use this link (log in first before using the link):
www. squadhelp. com/marketplace-listings.
Then you'll see where it is written "submit names..."
Choose "submit Unregistered".
You'll most likely have 3 slots per time.
The naming contests is another aspect entirely.
Can I please get someone I can partner with. I'll give him my domains name he'll analyze it and then offer to squadhelp, if it works well..he will give me my own percentage so that I can be able to start something to, to start domaining?

Man is seriously down!
Eeeya... sad
It won't work. It's not something that guarantees instant gratification/reward/return. Some names sell within month's of listing and some take years to sell.
More so, finding an honest person ready to collaborate with you... lipsrsealed

Follow the link I provide above, and start submitting names for free.

You can volunteer to outboud domains for people who are too busy to outbound.
You can volunteer to help them find end users for their domains.
Fix your price and you'll be surprised at the number of people who need your services.
Ps: You can learn how to do the above by reading my posts on this thread.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Warren Buffet Joins Twitter, Gains 100,000 Followers in a couple of Hours. / Fixed Deposit Interest Rates Of Banks In Nigeria (2023) / Understanding BITCOIN And It's Investment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.