Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names (13597 Views)

Show You How To Make Money In 20mins Buying And Selling Domain Names / How To Make Money Selling Domain Names / How To Make Money Online By Reading And Commenting On News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 5:25pm On May 18, 2021
otklass:
Hi sir ,
Please educate us on DP, DR n CPC How to check cpc of a domain .
Is it really important, when buying a domain
Thank alot .
Maybe some other time sha. You can try googling.

If you see a domain with good metrics, go for it.
People have also been able to sell domains without any of those metrics being great. They sold them based on their (domain) keywords.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 12:14pm On May 20, 2021
Removed
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 9:05pm On May 22, 2021
Deleted
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
I need to drop new updates smiley
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2021
[quote author=fergusen post=100107380]Follow Up
Many times, end users don't reply to the first message. You might need to do a follow up. If you used template 1 in your first contact,

How many days interval should be considered before sending a new mail if there's no response in the first mail. Cos i have a domain name that I've currently listed for sale it's a geo domain consisted with Nebraska and property mgmt
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:27am On Jun 08, 2021
dannyoz:
Anything from 3 -4 days after the first contact. Open the previous one you send and "reply" (follow up).
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 11:33am On Jun 08, 2021
fergusen:

Anything from 3 -4 days after the first contact. Open the previous one you send and "reply" (follow up).
I've just seen your post about boomerang app maybe i should download it and monitor the endusers interest.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 11:45am On Jun 08, 2021
dannyoz:

I've just seen your post about boomerang app maybe i should download it and monitor the endusers interest.
Pls is Nebraska//property//mgmt//.com a good domain
Learn to hide/mask your domain from Google indexing... You see how I did it?

Many factors determine if it's a good domain.
1. Are there end users.
2. Is the city/state populated?
3. Is the product/service popular?
4. Some domains do well with City+Service, and some State+Service. Check if your combination is best.

If it ticks all those boxes, then it look good. And if not, you'd be praying for a miracle...

3 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2021
fergusen:

Learn to hide/mask your domain from Google indexing... You see how I did it?

Many factors determine if it's a good domain.
1. Are there end users.
2. Is the city/state populated?
3. Is the product/service popular?
4. Some domains do well with City+Service, and some State+Service. Check if your combination is best.

If it ticks all those boxes, then it look good. And if not, you'd be praying for a miracle...
More than twenty end users but i outbound according to the reviews some end users have poor review so i decided not to outbound to them, I've gotten a reply from one but he claims he has no interest currently but i now replied again that if he's been put off by the selling price then he should reply back with a considerable offer, but I'll try get the boomerang app

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
dannyoz:
Outboud to all end users.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Splendidsolo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2021
Nice job your doing....lol your everywhere changing lives. More grace

1 Like

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
fergusen:

Outboud to all end users.

Already did but those response from those that have replied are negative for now
Thanks for reaching out but we are not interested currently is most response like 4 of them now
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 10:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
General advice for domain investing (this doesn't apply to Geo+Service domains)

If you have a good capital (money), you can do without handreging names.
You can buy already registered, fairly aged/old approved domains. When I mean approved, I mean Squadhelp premium and Brandbucket names.
Target short/medium length keyword names in trending industries. When I say trending, I mean Tech, Finance, Health.
When I say keywords, I mean something like Shop+XYZ, Cart+XYz, XYX+Hub, Buy, Care+XYZ, XYZ+Care, Health+XYZ, etc.

Go to the namepros. com forum, and post in the request domain section that you need names in these categories. State how much you are willing to pay (budget). With $30 and above, you can get a quality domain and start building your portfolio.

Importantly,you need to know how to value/appraise a domain, so you don't overpay or buy crap.

You also need to know how to proceed safely with transactions to avoid scam...

3 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Becky2021: 5:44am On Jun 11, 2021
how do i become a domainer?
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 7:37am On Jun 11, 2021
Becky2021:
how do i become a domainer?
By buying domains with the intention to resell.
I can guide you wink
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
fergusen:
1. Exact match domains. Like CarRepair//.com, CarMaintenance//com, foodpreservation//com, eyeSurgery//com.
Note: I had to put the // because of nairaland bot. It's not part of the domain.
What do you notice?
They all refer to only 1 specific use. They are very descriptive.
Car repair, car maintenance, eye surgery o, not leg surgery.

2. Number domains: 111//.com, 996//.com 888880//.com, try other ones.
Note: I had to put the // because of nairaland bot. It's not part of the domain.
Lots of number domains are already registered. Chinese people love number domains.

3. Brandable Domains:
Actually, all domain types are brandable. They are used by brands.

But among we domainers (people who invest/trade domains),
When we talk about brandable domains, we mean like the opposite of Exact-Match Domains.

They can be used as website address for different brands unlike the exact match domains.

Let me explain. A supermarket or boutique most likely will NOT have a website address like ElectricCar//.com.

Because electricCar//.com is specific to a brand that deals with electric cars.

The same thing with eyesurgery//.com.

But a sweet brandable name like revixa//.com, vetiva//.com, devito//.com, NewHorizon//.com etc can be used by different companies as website and brand name because it is not restrictive like exact match names. This is just the surface. I'll stop here for brandables.

4. Geo Names: relating to a particular geographical location. Nigeria.//com, Kano//.com, Kebbi//.com, USA.//com, London//.com, Canada//.com, Miami//.com, etc

5. Geo (city, state) +service/Product brand names: These type of domains are a combination of geographical area + products/service.

e.g
ZariaDentist//.com (Zaria is the geographical area while dentist is the service.

USAcars//.com (USA is the geographical location while Car is the products.

Bro pls am back again my question is a domain like PayPal, or coolpay etc, are they exact match or brandable ?, Another question is that are they outboundable ? And if yes ,how do we go bout that and target the endusers?.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
dannyoz:

Bro pls am back again my question is a domain like PayPal, or coolpay etc, are they exact match or brandable ?, Another question is that are they outboundable ? And if yes ,how do we go bout that and target the endusers?.
They are keyword brandables.
Note: There are other type of brandables like blends, made-up, misspelled, etc
Check my previous post on this thread. I talked about how to search for Endusers for your keyword domains using ProductHunt and CrunchBase.

1 Like

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Fredmatic(m): 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2021
fergusen:

Check my previous post on this thread. I talked about how to search for Endusers for your keyword domains using ProductHunt and CrunchBase.

Op thanks so far
Questions 1: if you have a buyer before the 60 days lock, how do u shift the off to the buyer. Or do one have to wait after 60 days before outbounding ?

Question 2: can one pack a name( let say bodis/com) to be receiving commission and the same time list it to sell?

Question 2: do u mean I can list it at different marketplace and to one a the nameserver ?

Question 3: apart from USA which other county do you think is more viable to explore with the Geo+service/product format?
Canada?, Uk? Australia?
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Fredmatic:

Op thanks so far
Questions 1: if you have a buyer before the 60 days lock, how do u shift the off to the buyer. Or do one have to wait after 60 days before outbounding ?

Use a Marketplace like DAN. They will try to talk the buyer into creating an account with your registrar. If the buyer agrees, the domain is pushed.

Question 2: can one pack a name( let say bodis/com) to be receiving commission and the same time list it to sell?

Yes. You can do it with Bodis, Sedo, Afternic & Dan

Question 2: do u mean I can list it at different marketplace and to one a the nameserver ?
Yes.
Question 3: apart from USA which other county do you think is more viable to explore with the Geo+service/product format?
Canada?, Uk? Australia?

Maybe Canada, then Australia. But these two countries have strong ccTlds; .ca and .au respectively. So your .com might be less desirable.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Fredmatic(m): 8:50am On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=fergusen post=102829251][/quote]

Ok, thanks I think most of them does the pushing off, if only the buyer register at the market place
Again squardhelp is not easy oo, all the 30+ names I submitted are rejected. I am not learning logo design to join the contest, name contest is tu saturated.

Pls can u tell us some of the meaning of the columes names in expiredomain.net
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 10:23am On Jun 18, 2021
fergusen:

Thanks once again bro, more grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Englishisamust find me here
T. me/FindFergie (close the space when typing it in your browser)
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Krismas(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
coolInteresting
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
So my post on trusted registerar's for buying domain was hidden by the bot.

See my list of newbie/jjc friendly registrars in the screenshot below. There are other registrars apart from these ones, but as a newbie, I will advise you to stay with any or all of the listed.
Kindly avoid Nigerian registrars lipsrsealed e get why...

2 Likes

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2021
Seems someone quoted me and was banned by the bot, you can message the mods to free you.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Goodyluvs: 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2021
Good to be here
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by Abcruz(m): 3:19am On Jun 26, 2021
fergusen:
Seems someone quoted me and was banned by the bot, you can message the mods to free you.

Thanks a lot bro.. I learnt this domaining for some years ago but I couldn't know the best filters to locate valuable geo domains on ED, so I gave up on the business.. But your thread is an eye opener..

I'll get back to this business with immediate effect. Thanks once more!

1 Like

Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 3:16pm On Jul 02, 2021
fergusen:

Bro i need an answer currently pls

Will bodis give me my payment without completing this tax stuff, I don't know how to go about it
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
dannyoz:

Bro i need an answer currently pls

Will bodis give me my payment without completing this tax stuff, I don't know how to go about it
You have to complete it. What information are they asking you to provide?
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by dannyoz(m): 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2021
fergusen:

You have to complete it. What information are they asking you to provide?

This is the information i message i received below

Hello Olapade Daniel,
Being a U.S. based business, we are required by U.S. law to collect tax information from you to process payments for your account. We kindly ask you to submit your tax information as soon as possible to ensure that your account will be eligible for payment.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please refer to the Tax Information tab under Account Settings or get in touch with Bodis Support.
Re: The ABC Of Making Money Online By Buying And Selling Domain Names by fergusen: 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
dannyoz:

This is the information i message i received below

Hello Olapade Daniel,
Being a U.S. based business, we are required by U.S. law to collect tax information from you to process payments for your account. We kindly ask you to submit your tax information as soon as possible to ensure that your account will be eligible for payment.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please refer to the Tax Information tab under Account Settings or get in touch with Bodis Support.
Go to where they say you should Go to na. There is something called W8 form. Download it ( it's a pdf doc) or browse online for W8 tax form. Use an online PDF editor (search Google) to edit/input your details. Save, then download.
Finally, you send back to Bodis. Squadhelp has a similar process.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RMB/YUAN TRANSFER & CHECKOUT! PROCUREMENT & SHIPPING FROM USA & CHINA WEBSITES / Warren Buffet Joins Twitter, Gains 100,000 Followers in a couple of Hours. / Understanding BITCOIN And It's Investment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.