Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,363 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria (22299 Views)

My Dry Season Maize Farming / Let’s Talk About Maize! / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Zse1: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
Okay
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by Semizy: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
but maize is not that profitable due to the price when selling it to the market women. I remembered when I was in uni (agric school) one of my neighbor ventured into it but after harvesting he couldn't sell it cus they say it #10 per one so imagine how many he will have to sell to make common 2k. The bros just have to give all of us is harvest cus it was somehow, all of is sweat for #10 naira. so I don't know maybe there is another way you can make profit oooo maybe you should share it with us . thanks
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by esiri4jesu(m): 6:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
JeAgro477:
Before I continue I'll like to know if anyone is learning
Yes ooooo
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by ElSudani: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2022
Farming is good business with the right tools.
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by oduncojamaica(m): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
JeAgro477:
Some of the greatest challenges encountered by maize farmers recently is poor weed management and fall Amy worm � ��.

Good News is that science has brought a solution to the two stated challenges above.

Weed management is no longer an issue with LAGON herbicide lagon is a herbicide that is designed specially by Bayern company for control of weed in maize and cassava farm I've used this product this is a herbicide that keeps weeds away from farm for a period of ten weeks
Following
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by peterbello(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
onumadu:

Oga farmer thanks for your information. BUT
I hope that you and other farmers in Nigeria understand that there is a STRONG LINK between herbicides and cancer.
Herbicides are CARCINOGENIC.
Cancer rate is galloping in Nigeria these days, and it wasn't like this a few years back when farmers used ORGANIC methods.
Instead of herbicides, why not use human labor?
This way, you employ someone and also save our society from cancer.
Thanks in advance for heeding my advice!

Will you agree to come and weed my hectare of land for the cost of the herbicide?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by onumadu: 2:11am On Dec 12, 2022
peterbello:

Will you agree to come and weed my hectare of land for the cost of the herbicide?

Will you accept to bear the spiritual responsibility for the people who will die from the cancer your farm produce will cause?
Fear God.

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by leojohn7: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2022
Do not stress too much about the accident, give yourself time to recover and relax. Please select your insurance company. Visit: https://www.report-accident.com/aviva/
Re: All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria by peterbello(m): 9:49am On Dec 12, 2022
onumadu:

Will you accept to bear the spiritual responsibility for the people who will die from the cancer your farm produce will cause?
Fear God.

If you are willing to do the work for me, yes. Manual labour wont feed the world's ever increasing population. Let's us be logical please. It's a link that has not been proven. Are you aware that lifestyle changes too could be the cause of cancer? If food produced from organic fertilizer and manual labour is displayed, do you think most people would be able to afford it?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Harvested Cucumber / (market More) Cucumber Seed Performance / Akwa Ibom To Import 2,000 Pregnant Cattle From Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.