Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (41503 Views)

N100k Monthly Job In The Village Or N150k Job In The City / N150k Job In Victoria Island And N70k Job At Berger / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by shevcon(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadan Onibonoje
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by sageb: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same Transamadi Omah lay was talking about
yes oo do you stay in Amadi ama or Abuloma axis?
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by popefuse(m): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
Artbydris:
300k will get you a slightly comfortable two room apartment in Lagos, while 250k will get you a nice flat in IB. Factor in the transportation costs and general ease of movement, Ibadan is the way to go.
where u won see 300k for lag, except u won leave inside container, u will pay houserent, agent fee, lawma, security, lawyer, damages etc every thing like 600k plus for just one yeye sefcon

6 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by itoldu: 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
That 30k extra, na stress go collect am and more. Beautiful thing about Lagos is that there would be ginger and channels to earn more. This life still no balance na why!
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Don't Jinx it. Ibadan is much better. For other side hustle maybe Lagos. But apart from that Ibadan takes it everyday all day
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Ibeme: 2:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Depends on growth potential of both jobs.
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by wumi2017(f): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadan lo sure ju..

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:
I was at Transamadi Portharcourt when these young men approached me and started preaching about NeoLife,

I listened intently to them, they said a job was slavery, that it was a temporal solution to a long term problem.

They said Jobs means Just over broke

They were inspiring, they had sweet tongues and almost bought me over.

The point of the story is that, you will never be free working for somebody, Salary is a bribe to forget your own dream.

Even if you are paid a million naira it won't still solve your problems, once you make 100k, you will have 200k problems.

If you make 1 million you will have 2 million naira problem.

Your child cannot inherit your job,

create jobs rather than coming here to compare jobs

Those guys actually bought you over. Even when you create jobs, you will need people to be your employee, not everyone can be an employer.

More so, there are employees richer than hundreds of employers put together.

You need the experience of an employee to be a good employer.

You should be ambitious but also contended if you ever wish to be fulfilled in life.

11 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
I would choose to leave this country kpata-kpata for places like Turkey, Finland, Denmark, Sweeden, Belgium, Holland, FulkLand, Ukraine, Norway, or even Serbia.... that would be best for ppl like me.

I'm tired a place where u will wake up and fuel price will jump from 165 to 210. A place where chief of Army staff trade weapons with bandits, a place where citizens does not know the way about of their 1st lady, a place where governors commission potholes, a place where citizens hate each other, finally a place where economy is as good as bastard.

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by olaolu39(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Its dicey.

120k is actually better in ibadan.

it seems like a simple answer abi?

but no

150k in lagos, when you choose it, you can get a 350k next.

But in Ibadan you stay there with 120k for sooo long

christopheru:
Let's get down to the topic.
If you were offered a Job in Lagos for N150k and you were offered the same job in Ibadan for N120k, which one will you go for?

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by hstar: 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I'd rather stay at home and bomb Chinese site like my nigga slawomiir..

25k yaun is about 1.6M naira.. with that I can buy my own invisible Lexus, GLK and venza..
Come again? shocked
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by AirBay: 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
350k lagos vs 150k in ibadan.

I will gladly choose IB. You and your 350k will be spending hours and hours inside hold up.

If you wan live near office na your 6months salary don disappear angry

As for the OP, IB all the way

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by happney65: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
Juliearth:

Lagos is the land of opportunities, so I would pick the job in Lagos. That would afford me the opportunity to network with the top shots in my sector and in no time, land a better job.

And how many people in Lagos have landed a better job?It is a rat race in Lagos and just about 20% people in Lagos actually make it. ohh yeah,they will be comfortable, while struggling to break even into the upper middle class while going back and forth.

More people do not make it in Lagos than the people that make it..that is why there is no human movement into lagos anymore like the one that happens in the 70's,80's,90's and early 2000.

Nowadays to make it in Lagos,either you are into the entertainment industry,some.type of fraud or some upper link..those are the ones that majorly make it now in Lagos. while the rest are in the rat race and runs helter-skelter till they grow old

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Olayetan(m): 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:
I was at Transamadi Portharcourt when these young men approached me and started preaching about NeoLife,

I listened intently to them, they said a job was slavery, that it was a temporal solution to a long term problem.

The point of the story is that, you will never be free working for somebody, Salary is a bribe to forget your own dream.

Even if you are paid a million naira it won't still solve your problems, once you make 100k, you will have 200k problems.

It’s good to create job but if Everyone start to have the mentality of creating jobs, who will work for those that create the jobs.

If you want people to serve you, you have to serve 1st...

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by harjay1986: 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:
If you were offered a Job in Lagos for N150k and you were offered the same job in Ibadan for N120k, which one will you go for?

if you want a relative low gra gra environment with little link up you can go for Ibadan, but if you dont mind the streess and want an environment that can give you more opportunities career wise, then go down to Lagos,

you can eat ur cake and have it, bro I will advice you to move down to Lagos, forget about the strees with time it will master you, why do you think majority troop to Lagos .... all because of better opportunity if you have good resume
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
Ibadan is better
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by mikylon(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2021
JayJohnson:
Hello there,

I don't know what the two jobs are, but I can tell you for free that 120k job in Ibadan is far better than 150k job in Lagos[i] in terms of standard of living[/i].

You may however need to look beyond that, most of the jobs in Ibadan are branch level jobs (the head offices are in Lagos), meaning that, two people starting their career on the same day in Lagos (HQ) and Ibadan (branch) will most likely not be on the same level in 24 months down the line. The guy is HQ would have gotten at least a promotion while you are still enjoying your 120K

Ask yourself again, what is the prospects of being at Ibadan after 5 to 7 years? How many job opportunities are in Ibadan compared to Lagos? Will it be easy to find a good manager level job in Ibadan in about 5 years time at least compared to Lagos?

Don't only think of today when choosing a new job, think strategically, you will thank me in years to come, I am telling you that from my over 20 years of experience!

OP...please don't listen to this person ooo.
Lagos is full of stress, of what use is accumulating all the stress just for extra cash and then suffering from one illness to another.

Your best bet is the job in ibadan, you will live well and save something reasonable to start up another business that can supplement your cash flow.
Do not say u were not warned about lagos ooo. we wey dey here wish I can move out.

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by sageb: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

OMG so you know those guys? they have an office in Abuloma Road where they learn about public speaking. can I pm you with regards to NGO opportunities?

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by sunzie(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
The 120k job in Ibadan is better.

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Queenlovely(f): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Olayetan:

It’s good to create job but if Everyone start to have the mentality of creating jobs, who will work for those that create the jobs.

If you want people to serve you, you have to serve 1st...

Motivational books are not written for everybody but for those who are not satisfied with their current situation,

So too my advice is for the man complaining about his Salary, not to put all his eggs in one basket. Employee are expendible and can be layed off at any time
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by harjay1986: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

it depend on the amount you earn as salary, you cant say a full staff of chevron or Total, dont earn good, thats apart, the industry you are into will determine if it will make you rish or not
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by carbony4red(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:

Infact I'll take 90k job in Ibadan instead of 150k job in Lagos

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by simplesearch: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
Personally Ibadan is preferable by a mile pole. But if you are a christian pray, God can impress it on your heart to stay in Lagos and if that happens then it will turn out best.

Bottom line:
Pray first and be settled in your spirit.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by leonard002(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
It depends on your priorities.

I won't lie to you, Lagos will give you bloody stress but you can't compare a metropolitan city with a regular city. More opportunities of advancement and promotion including a better job with a better pay, flood you every minute in Lagos unlike Ibadan.

I would choose Lagos anyday, but compare and contrast your unique conditions and peculiarities and make your decision.

If you choose Lagos, ensure you live as close as possible to where you work to avoid undue stress from transportation and traffic. It can damage your health

3 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by fortune1968: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

please, how about the cost of setting up a business if one is not from a rich background ? How do you get that ?
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by favour32(m): 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Stress free life with lower opportunities..Ibadan.
Stressful life with higher opportunities..Lagos
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by samuelshosanya(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:

Brotherly Advice,
Better take the one at Ibadan am speaking from experience,
I don't know why i left ibadan for this horrible Lagos
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by RIDOO: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

YOU MAKE SENSE SIS.
IF U KNOW YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lebete3000: 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
Lamasta:
My brother carry your bag dey go ibadan your 120k will have more value to you than 150k in lagos....
Cost of living in Lagos is too high and stress of waking up very early to work so as to beat traffic and many many more but Ibadan is less stressful and cost of living moderate...

Only those who weren't born & bred in Lagos are ignorant that Lagos is a scam.

Lagos na for real grinders! Work go always dey only if you dey ready to work like animal.

2 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Never4getU: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
Omo ibadan better o, it will afford u opportunities of cheap accommodatn, cheap sch fees and cheap foods and enables u saving yo own a house or ur own.

In Lagos, rentage may take half if not all the money excluding sch, foods and even saving will be impossible.
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by aysnoopy(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I'd venza..

Please, I've sent u a DM. Please I need your response
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by omuo1(m): 2:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
i surely go to Ibadan for many reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / DCSL Recruitment / Dragnet Aptitude Test For Nigerian Bottling Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.