Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? (41521 Views)

N100k Monthly Job In The Village Or N150k Job In The City / N150k Job In Victoria Island And N70k Job At Berger / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by oyejideogunjumo: 3:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:
Let's get down to the topic.
If you were offered a Job in Lagos for N150k and you were offered the same job in Ibadan for N120k, which one will you go for?
100k job in Ibadan is better than N150 k in Lagos.
BUT Lagos is a land of opportunities than Ibadan.
You are wiser in Lagos than anywhere else
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Taye4j: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
god2baski:

Is that unitybank? I ask because they are some of the few banks having their training in kano/kadunna.

Nope, it's a new generation bank. It's been close to 10yrs though.
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by slaypapa: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
happney65:

And how many people in Lagos have landed a better job?It is a rat race in Lagos and just about 20% people in Lagos actually make it. ohh yeah,they will be comfortable, while struggling to break even into the upper middle class while going back and forth.

More people do not make it in Lagos than the people that make it..that is why there is no human movement into lagos anymore like the one that happens in the 70's,80's,90's and early 2000.

Nowadays to make it in Lagos,either you are into the entertainment industry,some.type of fraud or some upper link..those are the ones that majorly make it now in Lagos. while the rest are in the rat race and runs helter-skelter till they grow old
Abeg 10krates of Heineken beer for u. You jst said it all wise one

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Tonnyray: 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Leaving Lagos was the best decision I ever made in my life though I was on a 400k/month salary.
Some people just ain't cut out for some places.
I place much too much premium on my sanity and peace of mind.

10 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by mywells: 3:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
heendrix:

john snow u know nothing bout IB so just shut tf up
i know the geography of the whole town of ibadan,they say change is constant but not in ibadan,ibadan boys are dangerous at night.
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Tonnyray: 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
happney65:
And how many people in Lagos have landed a better job?It is a rat race in Lagos and just about 20% people in Lagos actually make it.
Omo iya that 20% is an overestimation sef. I wouldn't even quote 10% cos that's about 2.3 million people based on population statistics.

4 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Klass99(f): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by olumidez: 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:
If you were offered a Job in Lagos for N150k and you were offered the same job in Ibadan for N120k, which one will you go for?

IBADAN QED
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by wallay77(m): 3:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I'd rather stay at home and bomb Chinese site like my nigga slawomiir..

25k yaun is about 1.6M naira.. with that I can buy my own invisible Lexus, GLK and venza..
Abeg teach me this level na
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by tplayer: 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
clemzo101:
If you are an ambitious person, lagos all the way.

You know how many ambitions don die for this Lagos. Oga if you get money, japa.

It's a rat race out here.
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lebete3000: 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
heendrix:

Only in Ibadan did i know i can enter #20 cab still come down n take #30 go n come back i'll be having like #800 out of my 1k

Haba, you sure sey #20 cab still dey Ibadan so?
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by cococandy(f): 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

everyone can't be an employee
exactly. It’s a varied world . Let’s stop making ppl feel inadequate because they are not entrepreneurs
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Liposure: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:

uncle motivation is not for everyone
you are quite controversial
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by cococandy(f): 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
Klass99:

You dey mind all these entrepreneurial motivational speakers?

When you ask them to show you the thriving or successful businesses they are running, they are unable to.

Their entrepreneurial success mostly starts and ends on the internet. Very few of them are doing well, in reality.

It’s the LLC craze
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Tcwork: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
ScamHunter:
Lagos is a better deal if you're the ambitious and academically bright type, since you'll be getting more offers down the line if you're good at what you do. If you're the complacent type who wants to take life easy, Ibadan would do since it is a cheaper, easygoing place. Lagos can make you put in your best, but bear in mind that it is also the greed capital of Nigeria. Just as New York is synonymous to greed in US. The main challenge you'll face in the time being in Lagos is the poor salary. You can't afford a decent accommodation since the only decent accommodations in Lagos are in estates and high brow neighborhoods. But if you work hard and keep your eyes open for opportunities, you can land a good job. They're usually competitive, but if you're smart, it's no big deal. Just be ready to beat competitor to it.
I disagree with you. First, working in ibadan does not mean that you can't apply for better opportunities even in lagos. You don't have to be in lagos to apply for a good job.
Also, because of the time wasted in lagos traffic, you have less time for yourself. While in ibadan, you would have time to grow and improve.
Lagos isnt an efficient city.
You leave your home before 5am and return after 9pm what time do you have to improve yourself and grow. In ibadan, you leave home by 7am and return before 7 pm.

5 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by heavylaro: 3:38pm On Mar 18, 2021
I will choose Lagos over Ibadan anyday because I am ambitous.With a 150k salary and hardwork I sure know that in no distance time I will be earning over 500k while the man that chose Ibadan might just be too complacent with the easy/cheap life there earning under 200k.
They key words here is ambition and competitiveness!!!
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Lovelyperson(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
Queenlovely:
I was at Transamadi Portharcourt when these young men approached me and started preaching about NeoLife,

I listened intently to them, they said a job was slavery, that it was a temporal solution to a long term problem.

They said Jobs means Just over broke

They were inspiring, they had sweet tongues and almost bought me over.

The point of the story is that, you will never be free working for somebody, Salary is a bribe to forget your own dream.

Even if you are paid a million naira it won't still solve your problems, once you make 100k, you will have 200k problems.

If you make 1 million you will have 2 million naira problem.

Your child cannot inherit your job,

create jobs rather than coming here to compare jobs

Everyone can not create jobs... If everyone create jobs would will be there to work the job?.

The fact is that not everyone is wired to create and run a business, and not everyone is wired to be an employee... We all have different abilities...
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by heendrix(m): 3:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
mywells:
i know the geography of the whole town of ibadan,they say change is constant but not in ibadan, ibadan boys are dangerous at night.

Thanks for saying the truth, i ws telling one guy Ibadan hoodlums can only corner you in the Night n rob you but can never n will never try it in the day n with that you have this level of assurance of safety during the day in IB. Infact robbery cases just grew under GSM governance

You are never safe anytime of the day in Lagos. If guys no corner you for oshodi, aj or ikorodu dem go hit you during traffic and even rob you in brt buses. Night time are even worse anything from 9pm. So calling IB a town is nonsense the only diff btwn Lagos n IB is just money availability
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by heendrix(m): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
lebete3000:

Haba, you sure sey #20 cab still dey Ibadan so?
Ui to Bodija they sometimes carry u #20 same with iwo rd to NNPC
tho thing changed a bit as a result of this fuel hike
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
You are very wise. I wish people would think more critically and be more foresightful when making decisions and giving advice.
JayJohnson:
Hello there,

I don't know what the two jobs are, but I can tell you for free that 120k job in Ibadan is far better than 150k job in Lagos in terms of standard of living.

You may however need to look beyond that, most of the jobs in Ibadan are branch level jobs (the head offices are in Lagos), meaning that, two people starting their career on the same day in Lagos (HQ) and Ibadan (branch) will most likely not be on the same level in 24 months down the line. The guy is HQ would have gotten at least a promotion while you are still enjoying your 120K

Ask yourself again, what is the prospects of being at Ibadan after 5 to 7 years? How many job opportunities are in Ibadan compared to Lagos? Will it be easy to find a good manager level job in Ibadan in about 5 years time at least compared to Lagos?

Don't only think of today when choosing a new job, think strategically, you will thank me in years to come, I am telling you that from my over 20 years of experience!
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by alizma: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
sincerelymine:
And the chances of getting a higher paying job in ibadan is lower than that of lagos. Take lagos offer and network yoirself into getting x2 few months after resumption
I thought I was the only person seeing that side of the equation.

1 Like

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lebete3000: 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
heendrix:

Thanks for saying the truth, i ws telling one guy Ibadan hoodlums can only corner you in the Night n rob you but can never n will never try it in the day n with that you have this level of assurance of safety during the day in IB. Infact robbery cases just grew under GSM governance

You are never safe anytime of the day in Lagos. If guys no corner you for oshodi, aj or ikorodu dem go hit you during traffic and even rob you in brt buses. Night time are even worse anything from 9pm. So calling IB a town is nonsense the only diff btwn Lagos n IB is just money availability

Ewoo, dem don begin rob for inside BRT too?
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Shokoloko(f): 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
JayJohnson:
Hello there,

I don't know what the two jobs are, but I can tell you for free that 120k job in Ibadan is far better than 150k job in Lagos in terms of standard of living.

You may however need to look beyond that, most of the jobs in Ibadan are branch level jobs (the head offices are in Lagos), meaning that, two people starting their career on the same day in Lagos (HQ) and Ibadan (branch) will most likely not be on the same level in 24 months down the line. The guy is HQ would have gotten at least a promotion while you are still enjoying your 120K

Ask yourself again, what is the prospects of being at Ibadan after 5 to 7 years? How many job opportunities are in Ibadan compared to Lagos? Will it be easy to find a good manager level job in Ibadan in about 5 years time at least compared to Lagos?

Don't only think of today when choosing a new job, think strategically, you will thank me in years to come, I am telling you that from my over 20 years of experience!

I'd rather thank you right now for this advice. With over 16 years of experience, I agree with you

2 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by heendrix(m): 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
lebete3000:

Ewoo, dem don begin rob for inside BRT too?

My guy was robbed on his first Night stepping leg at Lagos going for his Msc at Lasu

E don be for u sitting at the last back roll in Brt n jumping down from moving bus aint a new thing
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Exodora: 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
Even if is 90k in IB I will still collect it over Logas .
I don't know why I so much hate that city called Logas and yet people over there think they are living a smart lifestyle .
Go to work by 4am and come home 11pm , is that suppose to be a smart lifestyle or suffer head.

2 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lebete3000: 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
heendrix:

My guy was robbed on his first Night stepping leg at Lagos going for his Msc at Lasu

That's crazy, was he the only one in the BRT?

How can robbers enter a whole BRT? Na wa ooo...
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by MIMOSAXY(m): 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
ednut1:
Ibadan o. 50 naira bike or taxi at most. Lagos you go spend like 600 to 1000 naira plus 4 hours traffic

I Live and work in Ibadan and daily transport fair is ₦800
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by heendrix(m): 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
lebete3000:

That's crazy, was he the only one in the BRT?

How can robbers enter a whole BRT? Na wa ooo...

the last sit at the back esp near the door is always dangerous to sit if u no be hard guy o. Na one stab n dem don jump down, jumping off a moving bus has never been a new thing in lagos
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lagonovo: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
heavylaro:
I will choose Lagos over Ibadan anyday because I am ambitous.With a 150k salary and hardwork I sure know that in no distance time I will be earning over 500k while the man that chose Ibadan might just be too complacent with the easy/cheap life there earning under 200k.
They key words here is ambition and competitiveness!!!
Conjecture. I know people who got their over 500k jobs in Lagos/Port Harcourt/Warri etc while initially living and working in Ibadan. It is simple, you have more time to network in Ibadan if you are ambitious and you get easily noticed if you truly have something to offer - just be smart with your networking. You don't need visa to go to Lagos, it's just next door.

2 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by contra(m): 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2021
christopheru:

Tricky but choose Lagos to build your network. You'll be too relaxed in Ibadan and feel like you've arrived. Also, you're likely to meet more sophisticated people in Lagos. I come in peace ✌️
Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by Givaxy: 3:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
mywells:
Lagos state is the only state i can live and work as an enterpreuer.goin to another state would be on vacation,ibadan is a ghost town,there's no civilization in ibadan at all.there are only two states in nigeria lagos and others.
who told you Ibadan is ghost town. seems your brain is leaking

4 Likes

Re: N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? by lebete3000: 3:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
heendrix:

the last sit at the back esp near the door is always dangerous to sit if u no be hard guy o. Na one stab n dem don jump down, jumping off a moving bus has never been a new thing in lagos

Choi! They stabbed him!

Omoor me sef wey be Lagos born no dey reason reach this level ooo. Well maybe cos I've left Lagos for years now sha...

Na only God go save person meen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Solved WAEC Questions In A Job Interview Today / DCSL Recruitment / Jobs Seekers – See Best Way To Answer “why Should We Hire You?”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.