Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (42360 Views)

Hit-And-Run Driver Injures Policeman In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Just Got Sacked, Cut Into Two By BRT Bus / C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ikorodureporta: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2021
Despite all the protectors he wore
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ubee(m): 11:04am On Mar 19, 2021
I pray that the total inability of our leaders across all arms of government to apply discretionary powers for problem solving does not eventually wipe this country out of the world map.

This our ugly problem of daily fatal road accidents can be reduced to very low numbers easily by good leadership.
Overspeeding and recklessness is almost always at the center of all these accidents. The one that happened in Uyo days back, we have a truck trying to overtake another truck in high speed, and crushing to death victims.
This BRT bus too was most probably speeding. Why should a truck for instance be doing anything more than 55kmh or 60kmh on Calabar/Itu expressway.
Sometimes when standing on that expressway, i am shocked at the speed with which trucks use across busy bustops with pedestrians crossing the road and vehicles making u-turns.
There should be a total reform and implementation of new laws to guide the way drivers of heavy vehicle and equipment drive on our roads. This is a big problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by fortune1968: 11:06am On Mar 19, 2021
Most of the BRT drivers are very reckless . They are former MOLUE drivers .
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Olayinka777(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2021
matrix199:
Quite unfortunate. He died in the course of earning a living.

May we not meet our sudden end in the course of earning a living for us and our family. Amen!

RIP to the departed.
Amen o!
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Reelmii: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2021
BRT bus drivers this days do drive like molue drivers

Dispatch/okada riders be riding like they have 9 lives, they are never patient, even if ur client are Putting u under pressure, cant u think of ur life first, if the client was so much in a hurry, why the person no go pick an up by him/herself,

Now that the man is dead, has he met the client?

this life na only one, no spare part, e maa se jeje

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Reelmii: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2021
BRT bus drivers this days do drive like molue drivers

Dispatch/okada riders be riding like they have 9 lives, they are never patient, even if ur client are Putting u under pressure, cant u think of ur life first, if the client was so much in a hurry, why the person no go pick am up by him/herself,

Now that the man is dead, has he met the client?

this life na only one, no spare part, e maa se jeje
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by biggy26: 11:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Voy:
March 18th 2021

A dispatch rider was hit to death at ojuelegba today by one of the BRT buses

A dispatch rider updated his WhatsApp status saying

Dear customers, kindly reduce the pressure you put on us, what we do is same day delivery; this are things you can’t try with Fedex and Co, we don’t fly nor do we own the road... Lagos roads are not predictable! “Please don’t rush us” and In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Really sad, but dispatch riders should be careful. Life no get duplicate.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by zanshi: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2021
Rip Soldier never forgotten
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Akorkor(f): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2021
RIP to him. The way these guys speed though. Just yesterday, one was dragging road with me as if one wind wont blow him off. He was now doing shege for me.

Life no get backup oooo
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by zoghys: 11:42am On Mar 19, 2021
matrix199:

May we not meet our sudden end in the course of earning a living for us and our family. Amen!

RIP to the departed.

Amen, but then his company should be held responsible for this. Where his crash helmet, boot and other protective body armour because what I see there is nothing but a piece of plastic of the cheapest quality. What a loss!

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 19, 2021
heendrix:

Koko of the Tory be say u dey use Benz and make bike man take am jeje mai he no dey overtake Benz again for hin life

Kindly noted sir
Everybody can be anybody on the internet. Ordinary bicycle spoke I no fit buy
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Danboy43: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2021
Rest in peace brother
God be with those you left behind
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by ngadaAwo: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
RIP

Buhari is a terrorist
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by cutedharmee: 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
fartguy:
It was a horrible nd terrible accident.i saw d man lying on d road dead.d brt bus,afta d sadonic incident,refused 2 park.he sped off.other despatch riders cud nt stop him.dia is a number ,perhaps,d idenitification number on evri BRT,it displays 45,am a able 2 get dat.
That's what those basted brt driver do. No chills in their blood, they hit u and speed off.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tillatalk:
No helmet so sad

If he had worn helmet, RIP wouldn't have been typed.He overlooked the head and concentrated on the hands and legs.
May his soul rip.Amen
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Dearlord(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2021
Way we not pick up the call for death on our duty post.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by cutedharmee: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
emerged01:

BRT don’t overspeed. You were not there don’t just jump into conclusion.

May God grant the family of the deceased strength to bear the loss.
Like brt never do u strong thing before
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Lamanii22(f): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2021
matrix199:

RIP to the departed.

Amen oo
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by davillian(m): 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Kestolove:
Wia is his helmet? Dispatch riders should pls always be on dia helmet..
Bike comes with a death cert helmet or no helmet......
Broken bones and internal damage is certain.....
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Sleekfingers: 1:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Voy:
March 18th 2021

A dispatch rider was hit to death at ojuelegba today by one of the BRT buses

A dispatch rider updated his WhatsApp status saying

Dear customers, kindly reduce the pressure you put on us, what we do is same day delivery; this are things you can’t try with Fedex and Co, we don’t fly nor do we own the road... Lagos roads are not predictable! “Please don’t rush us” and In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace

is like dem don use taking pictures swear for some idiotic nigerians.....any small thing dem go bring their useless phone dey take pictures.......

RIP to the dead jare
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Sleekfingers: 1:32pm On Mar 19, 2021
echerrem:
Dear Friend, if you can see this post right now (1.pm ) I am on my knees pleading with you, please do'not ignore. i know things are hard but I beg you in the name of God, please from the little you have, please help with no matter how little. I am father of family of four. We have been going through alot of hardship lately .Things haven't been going smoothly for me this time from my daily jobs. We have been starving for days now .My kids have been drinking garri and its now affecting their health . Please I need to buy food and kerosene .I am kneeling before you pleading. Please help us. We are hungry we have not been able to afford real food . Please Brother's and Sister's help us. I pray God bless in abundance anyone that gives me anything. 0993 022152 Ecobnk

online almajiri, go look for work.....laziness na disease.....by the time hunger deal with u...nobody go tell you before you go find work to do........go to the nearest market in your area, help people carry load, dem go give u money....abi u better pass , people wey dey carry load for market?

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Arinze624: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
In Igbo
Ka mkpụrụ obi ya zuru ike na ndukwa, Iseeeeee
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by grandstar(m): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tillatalk:
No helmet so sad

If he had no helmet,he is partially responsible for his death.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by BAUC(f): 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
thesicilian:
I can imagine the customers still calling and calling his phone, getting angry at the fact that he was running late, not knowing that he was dead... May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Life! Hmmmmm
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by merieam16(f): 3:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
I hope sanwoolu will nt use dis as an opportunity nd ban dispatched riders
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by winner37(m): 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2021
Based on his WhatsApp status, Did you knew he is gonna die ?
may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the lost ..
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
Very painful

May God console his loved ones.

winner37:
Based on his WhatsApp status, Did you knew he is gonna die ?

may God grant the family the fortitude to bear the lost ..

Not deceased's

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by holuwajobar(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Just imagine his condition if he had his helmet on ....

Sometimes we take things with levity... Wearing helmet matters alot.... This is an example to everyone rider who does not use helmet
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by bettyLad(f): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
This is sad ..this death could ve been avoided with an helmet on ..I'm very certain about that .. rest in peace to him
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by omoalaafin: 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
RIP

This should be a lesson for his colleagues. The way most of them ride on the road is highly irresponsible. Go to Third Mainland Bridge and see. Every Tom Dick and Harry with a motorcycle and cooler is now a courier man.

Unemployment.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by DedeNkem: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Why didn't he wear helmet!!!!!
He's a delivery guy NOT an expert rider!!!
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by dammyagboola(m): 12:24am On Mar 20, 2021
Government needs to caution all these dispatch rider too. Because they don't respect traffic rules.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS) / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.