Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (42348 Views)

Hit-And-Run Driver Injures Policeman In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Just Got Sacked, Cut Into Two By BRT Bus / C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by mizz2posh: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2021
May his soul rest in peace, but these dispatch riders are becoming something else in Lagos, they are so rough, and no matter how narrow the space is, they want to pass, forgetting they have boxes attached to their bikes, they don't care if they scratch your car.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Thegoodtravels: 9:03am On Mar 19, 2021
This is quite unfortunate.
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by maxjax(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2021
cry
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by YorubaLord: 9:04am On Mar 19, 2021
SUPERPACK:
I wonder why people commenting did not notice from his whatsapp status update that it was a planned suicide by the rider, just that the BRT was just there in time to make his wish a reality.

You're a living evidence that 98% of Nigerians are indeed MADDD! angry

3 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by bablon20(m): 9:04am On Mar 19, 2021
Ignorance can never be an excuse, he protected his legs and ankle but left his head unprotected. What a pity! May ur soul rest in peace.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Odunolumide(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2021
SUPERPACK:
I wonder why people commenting did not notice from his whatsapp status update that it was a planned suicide by the rider, just that the BRT was just there in time to make his wish a reality.

I wonder why you haven't noticed that someone else posted that and not him

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by deeva2: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2021
matrix199:
Quite unfortunate. He died in the course of earning a living.

May we not meet our sudden end in the course of earning a living for us and our family. Amen!

RIP to the departed.

AMEN
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
Voy:
March 18th 2021

A dispatch rider was hit to death at ojuelegba today by one of the BRT buses

A dispatch rider updated his WhatsApp status saying

Dear customers, kindly reduce the pressure you put on us, what we do is same day delivery; this are things you can’t try with Fedex and Co, we don’t fly nor do we own the road... Lagos roads are not predictable! “Please don’t rush us” and In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace

Even if they rush you that’s no reason to ride like aholes.

FedEx, DHL, UPS and others all do same day delivery in their corporate countries but they observe traffic rules.

Most Okada riders in Nigeria need deliverance based on how they ride.

5 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Odunolumide(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
YorubaLord:

You're a living evidence that 98% of Nigerians are indeed MADDD! angry

I was shocked too. No be everybody sabi reason

2 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2021
Voy:
March 18th 2021

Dear customers, kindly reduce the pressure you put on us, what we do is same day delivery; this are things you can’t try with Fedex and Co, we don’t fly nor do we own the road... Lagos roads are not predictable! “Please don’t rush us” and In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...

Really sad. I feel so sorry for him and his family and employers too.

It can't be Ojuelegba.
No free space to move at full speed by BRT buses at Ojuelegba.
I know and drive through Ojuelegba long enough to know its notorious bumper to bumper hold up especially under the bridge heading to or from Yaba .
If it's incident of container falling on cars, I'll not doubt but hit and run in Ojuelegba isn't possible. So sad. Please visit www.freestuffsng.com
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Whiteways: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2021
This very unfortunate, REST IN PEACE BROTHER.

Nothing is well programmed in this country.

Nigeria Jagajaga.

May Allah deliver us from all this senseless people in government.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2021
bablon20:
Ignorance can never be an excuse, he protected his legs and ankle but left his head unprotected. What a pity! May ur soul rest in peace.

Those toy things will not protect him from the force of a blunt trauma on a bike.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by JuniorEmmanuel: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2021
Dear God,
In the struggle to earn a living,don't let us stop living
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Michaelcircuit(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2021
Its a pity, so painful. RIP in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2021
mizz2posh:
May his soul rest in peace, but these dispatch riders are becoming something else in Lagos, they are so rough, and no matter how narrow the space is, they want to pass, forgetting they have boxes attached to their bikes, they don't care if they scratch your car.

I rest my case.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by huntax(m): 9:09am On Mar 19, 2021
This is a very sad sight. Thoughts and prayers are with him family.

On another note, I shudder at the way these dispatch riders navigate around very tight spaces as if they've got 9 lives. They do these things so daringly without looking back and I understand it's because of the pressure being put on them by customers. The truth is, these customers won't kill you if you're late, but riding recklessly kills.

7 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2021
MejiLoyon:
May he rest in peace.
If you're a dispatch rider please read this.
Rising a bike doesn't make you a super human on the road. Before you say jack them don enter your front . With speed. Please how can a bike overtake a Benz? One dey try outrun me days ago. Another day I wan change track for my phone small time wey I take look down before I know this rider don dey my front. I burnt rubber braking so as not to crush the man.
Abeg make una do am jeje
Life no get part 2

I’m okay with them passing but they never move forward enough before they cut back in front of you.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by SORTER: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
A PROTECTIVE HELMET WOULD HAVE SAVE A LIFE HERE...
Voy:
March 18th 2021

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m okay with them passing but they never move forward enough before they cut back in front of you.
I'm telling you. I was really scared that day.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:12am On Mar 19, 2021
SUPERPACK:

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Coldie(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2021
The country is annoying. Someone killed no ambulance no nothing, not even a body bag.

At the end na keke dem go use carry u go mortuary.

Reason y people like Nnamdi Kanu and Sunday idoho are rising up I don't blame them.

If these people don't rise up our leaders will continue to think that all is well, that Nigerians are comfortable.

For decades Fulani destroyed farms villages displaced communities in the north we in the south looked the other way and said as far as it's in the north no problem they got bolder brought it to the south.

Everybody is suffering in Nigeria, yet somebody would want to give appointment would give 20 to the north and 2 to the south and exclude a whole geopolitical zone and everyone will act like nothing happened giving excuses for it.

Someone would be policing borders in the south with might but borders in the north are open to not just goods even human beings all the way from mali walk freely into Nigeria with cows and we say leave am leave am.

Nigeria is heading towards an uprising that might make the nation hot for everybody, the thousands and millions of unemployed graduates will turn into a huge problem in future, foreign countries are tired if carrying Nigerias problems.

You dont give people jobs they try to create jobs you still frustrate them, u and police or army would have argument despite you being right they would start beating u and punching u the way they like like u are a slave.

E go happen one day o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by infogenius(m): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2021
Gruesome!
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 19, 2021
They thought he was a northerner thats why afoja kill his brother not knowing he was his amala broda rip anyway
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Longman8: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2021
Sad day for the families. RIP bro
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by SarkinYarki: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2021
I hope these people have workmen compensation insurance on them by the owners of these bikes
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2021
SORTER:
A PROTECTIVE HELMET WOULD HAVE SAVE A LIFE HERE...

“Could”.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Urban9aira: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2021
Death of a human and Business...

Cause hes never coming back alive and the Bike is definitely gone

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Babatojide: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2021
MejiLoyon:
May he rest in peace.
If you're a dispatch rider please read this.
Rising a bike doesn't make you a super human on the road. Before you say jack them don enter your front . With speed. Please how can a bike overtake a Benz? One dey try outrun me days ago. Another day I wan change track for my phone small time wey I take look down before I know this rider don dey my front. I burnt rubber braking so as not to crush the man.
Abeg make una do am jeje
Life no get part 2
While driving...��... on so much speed...
So tey u burn rubber...������

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by separate84: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2021
So sad
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Chummynoni(m): 9:21am On Mar 19, 2021
SUPERPACK:
really? from his status?. no wonder nigeria is where it is. you cant even comprehend a simple message. go back and read the story, but do it slowly this time.

2 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Machinegun91(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2021
Rest in peace dear hustler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.