Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) (42331 Views)

Hit-And-Run Driver Injures Policeman In Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Man Who Just Got Sacked, Cut Into Two By BRT Bus / C&S Primary 6 Pupil Killed By BRT Bus On His Way To School In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Kenistry(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2021
This country is worse than a jungle, too many preventable deaths. Rest on bro, ur country failed you big time.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Originalsly: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2021
fartguy:

It was a horrible nd terrible accident.i saw d man lying on d road dead.d brt bus,afta d sadonic incident,refused 2 park.he sped off.other despatch riders cud nt stop him.dia is a number ,perhaps,d idenitification number on evri BRT,it displays 45,am a able 2 get dat.

Very good...... did you make a report to the Police? You should.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by beehivedata(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2021
This is very sad sad
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by kdfinest(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2021
gfon:
you daft i swear.
sorry to say, he may not be daft as you think but from the status one can equally say the same and I quote [b] In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by hustla(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2021
Them too dey run and overtake, no chill at all
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by samwillyco1(m): 9:26am On Mar 19, 2021
RIP to the dead
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by omoakin76: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2021
Horrible thing to happen for man hustling to make a legitimate means of living. He died as a result of head injury crushed his head due to the impact of the brt. He could have survived if he had a good helmet on. He has elbow and knee pads but no helmet. Head injury is very serious. I pray his family will pull through this.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2021
fartguy:
It was a horrible nd terrible accident.i saw d man lying on d road dead.d brt bus,afta d sadonic incident,refused 2 park.he sped off.other despatch riders cud nt stop him.dia is a number ,perhaps,d idenitification number on evri BRT,it displays 45,am a able 2 get dat.
Omo bro, sometimes you no go to blame hit and run driver's ooo. I know it's a bad thing to do, but remember, some foolish idiots may burn himm or her to death. I've read about that kind of scenario.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Even if they rush you that’s no reason to ride like aholes.

FedEx, DHL, UPS and others all do same day delivery in their corporate countries but they observe traffic rules.

Most Okada riders in Nigeria need deliverance based on how they ride.

Exactly!... I see most of these riders on the road acting like they are Superhuman or immune to accidents! Some don't even wear basic riding protective gear like Helmets.

I can't seem to get why the moment these young people step on bikes they suddenly act like they have a death wish, dragging the road with even Trucks and Trailers! It's even far worse in the North! Those ones are truly possessed!

Sigh... A lot is not working in this nation! Just look at how they are placing leafs on the body, no single EMT anywhere in sight!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2021
omoakin76:
Horrible thing to happen for man hustling to make a legitimate means of living. He died as a result of head injury crushed his head due to the impact of the brt. He could have survived if he had a good helmet on. He has elbow and knee pads but no helmet. Head injury is very serious. I pray his family will pull through this.

Very serious omission... How can you hand a bike to a youth for dispatch without providing complete protective gear??! This is criminal!
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by 27Pushing30: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2021
mizz2posh:
May his soul rest in peace, but these dispatch riders are becoming something else in Lagos, they are so rough, and no matter how narrow the space is, they want to pass, forgetting they have boxes attached to their bikes, they don't care if they scratch your car.

I was gonna type same thing but wanted to read to see others who have had same experience with them.

A lot of them are VERY rude and uncaring on the road ... sometimes i wonder whether armored plates are underneath their skin from the way they ride recklessly.

RIP to the dude sha. his race is over
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:38am On Mar 19, 2021
Kenistry:
This country is worse than a jungle, too many preventable deaths. Rest on bro, ur country failed you big time.

I agree that the nation is light years behind... However, let's take it down a notch!

Many other factors beyond the nation's country or any nation's control brought about that guy's demise: Over-speeding (Both the late man and the BRT driver), poor over-taking, using the wrong lanes (I believe BRT is supposed to have its own lane), Failure to use a good helmet (Who rides a bike on a major road without proper head protection)...

Nigeria is messed up, but some times I wonder if the citizens aren't actually worse than the nation itself. Why is it so hard for most us to be disciplined and law-abiding??!

2 Likes

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by focus7: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2021
Those dispatch riders can be too reckless.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Lamasta(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2021
So much trouble in the land, RIP to the departed soul its very unfortunate your life was cut short while trying to earn a living....
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Kewellbanks: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2021
Kestolove:
Wia is his helmet? Dispatch riders should pls always be on dia helmet..
It won't cost you anything to write "Wia" as "Where" and "Dia" as "Their"

Just grow bro, cus it's really irritating.

Anyways RIP to the departed. My condolences to the families �

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Basher8583: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2021
RIP

But honestly nobody put pressure on them. Timely delivery is a business model that edges competition. If you dont do it someone else will do it edging you out of the market.

They can still get to thier destination timeously without "flying".

What they should focus more on is riders safety. Those dispatch dont care about thier lives. You will see them carelessly squeezing in between two large busses.

I had one carelessly swerve right in front of me while I was on top speed on 3rd mainland bridge. Imagine
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by emerged01(m): 9:50am On Mar 19, 2021
longetivity:
This BRT bus to dey over speed, can't count how many lives they have wasted.

RIP man
BRT don’t overspeed. You were not there don’t just jump into conclusion.

May God grant the family of the deceased strength to bear the loss.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by irony: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2021
Tillatalk:
No helmet so sad
says who?
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by SleekyPosh(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2021
matrix199:
Quite unfortunate. He died in the course of earning a living.

May we not meet our sudden end in the course of earning a living for us and our family. Amen!

RIP to the departed.

Amen ooo
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2021
Helmet could have helped him but he didn’t wear one!
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by adeskee(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2021
MejiLoyon:
May he rest in peace.
If you're a dispatch rider please read this.
Rising a bike doesn't make you a super human on the road. Before you say jack them don enter your front . With speed. Please how can a bike overtake a Benz? One dey try outrun me days ago. Another day I wan change track for my phone small time wey I take look down before I know this rider don dey my front. I burnt rubber braking so as not to crush the man.
Abeg make una do am jeje
Life no get part 2

Senior man has spoken
MORNING SIR
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by CoolJul: 10:28am On Mar 19, 2021
It is well. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Tenshades(m): 10:29am On Mar 19, 2021
Sad reality of life embarassed

While I was busy complaining about my item not getting to me in time, this news just reminded me that the delivery agents are not robots too with the way the country is currently.

Moving on Nigerian roads unhurt is a great achievement!

embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by olusipimp(m): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2021
longetivity:
This BRT bus to dey over speed, can't count how many lives they have wasted.

RIP man
Are d drivers not upgraded danfo drivers?
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by heendrix(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2021
MejiLoyon:
May he rest in peace.
If you're a dispatch rider please read this.
Rising a bike doesn't make you a super human on the road. Before you say jack them don enter your front . With speed. Please how can a bike overtake a Benz? One dey try outrun me days ago. Another day I wan change track for my phone small time wey I take look down before I know this rider don dey my front. I burnt rubber braking so as not to crush the man.
Abeg make una do am jeje
Life no get part 2

Koko of the Tory be say u dey use Benz and make bike man take am jeje mai he no dey overtake Benz again for hin life

Kindly noted sir
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by heendrix(m): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2021
SORTER:
A PROTECTIVE HELMET WOULD HAVE SAVE A LIFE HERE...

He'd still die the only difference be say there'd be more blood in the Helmet than on the road
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by harmony75: 10:44am On Mar 19, 2021
why are these BRT drivers so recklessly like this??!! � Lagos State government seriously need to look into these men driving these buses, this is not 7th time so many hardworking lagosians are being killed by these reckless drivers?! look at a young man going about his business, his life have been cut short why why??!!
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by fartguy: 10:46am On Mar 19, 2021
Originalsly:

Very good...... did you make a report to the Police? You should.
it happened in d day time,afta 4 pm,opposite abati barracks.i saw other despatchers tryin 2 park d brt bus bt he sped off.let me add dis;at d tail end of ojuelegba bridge,dia,i saw two trailers collided.one a mack(otun captain) and d other a sifax trailer.d mack hit d sifax 4rm bhind.d engine,d bonnet of d mack damaged beyond repair.cant say bro,maybe dt of d trailers was d cause of d brt bus.i saw d brt bus beside d trailers moving down d bridge while other despatchers trying 2 park him b4 speeding off.

1 Like

Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2021
too bad after all the kit up no protective helmet embarassed
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 19, 2021
heendrix:

He'd still die the only difference be say there'd be more blood in the Helmet than on the road
shut up u know nothing
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by phccars: 10:55am On Mar 19, 2021
Voy:
March 18th 2021

A dispatch rider was hit to death at ojuelegba today by one of the BRT buses

A dispatch rider updated his WhatsApp status saying

Dear customers, kindly reduce the pressure you put on us, what we do is same day delivery; this are things you can’t try with Fedex and Co, we don’t fly nor do we own the road... Lagos roads are not predictable! “Please don’t rush us” and In another update he said “rider gone, cold night for logisticians” and further said Farewell to his fellow rider...

May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
No Crash Helmet, that could have saved him.
Re: Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) by zudozz: 10:57am On Mar 19, 2021
D way this people dey drive for rd no good at all.

I don tell my friend wey get logistic company tire. This dispatch riders dey drive like say they dey go heaven!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro / Can You Identify These Roads And Bridges In Lagos? (throw-back PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.