Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Refuse To Be Distracted – Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Refuse To Be Distracted – Pastor Chris (2574 Views)

8 Ways On How Not To Be Distracted In Church On A Sunday. / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Refuse To Be Distracted – Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2011
Luke 9:62
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God

To understand what Jesus wanted us to catch in the verse above, let’s read it from the Living Bible:
Any man who lets himself be distracted from the work I planned for him is not fit for the kingdom.”
The work God has planned for you to do is very important and He doesn’t want anything to distract you from finishing it.

A distraction is an obstacle to attention; it is that lingering concern that takes you away from the things that really matter to God. For instance, a lady who’s seeking to get pregnant could be so distracted by her “need” to the point that that’s all she prays, talks and thinks about! Now, instead of praying progressively about her life and the lives of others, all she prays is “Oh God, give me a child.” That’s a distraction.

The Bible says, “Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart” (Psalms 37:4). If you refuse to worry, but rather delight yourself in serving the Lord, everything will fall into place for you; He’ll grant your heart’s desires. Refuse to be distracted by the cares of this life. Don’t allow the negative things people say about you get your attention. There’s so much of God’s work to be done, so you can’t afford to let such things distract you.

The one important question the Lord will ask you when you stand before His Judgment Seat is about the work He gave you to do – about the Gospel. All excuses will be irrelevant. Keep your focus on the goal from now, so that at the end of time, you’ll be able to boldly declare like the Apostle Paul:

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).

Confession
I refuse to worry about anything in this life because I’m a child of God, and I know all things work together for my good. No negative thought, comment or situation can distract me from the work God has planned for me to do! I’m living every day, to fulfill my destiny in God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 4:25-27
Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil

Mark 4:19
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Wear Red! / Is The Holy Bible A Fiction? / When You See Your Pastor As God...the Late T.B Joshua Built A Mosque?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.