Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,725 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:07 AM

Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! (1513 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by deltateam: 5:22am On Mar 20, 2021
In this 21st century, why would a husband collect his wife's number and possibly phone on her birthday?

I found it hard to stomach. I tried calling my cousin to wish her, "Happy Birthday", only for her husband to pick her call giving one lousy reason I couldn't wrap my hands on.

E vex me. I had to drop the call after delivering my message because I didn't wish to shake the boat but it looks dumb and stupid to me nonetheless.

What's your view?
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by EmptyGarden(m): 5:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Mind your business!

1 Share

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Mindlog: 5:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Insecure, obsessed......

5 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by deltateam: 5:40am On Mar 20, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Mind your business!

So you will be happy if your messages are passed to your sister via her husband?

Be considerate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by EmptyGarden(m): 5:43am On Mar 20, 2021
deltateam:

So you will be happy if your messages are passed to your sister via her husband?

Be considerate.
Are you married?
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Anigreat: 5:54am On Mar 20, 2021
shocked

Me reading it, it Pains me more.

Very Useless , backward and insecure husband

6 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by crackhaus: 5:57am On Mar 20, 2021
He probably took it because he's expecting a particular call from someone... Someone he has been warning his wife about and she nor gree hear word. grin

This usually happens when there is little or no trust for the woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Duru9(m): 5:58am On Mar 20, 2021
deltateam:
In this 21st century, why would a husband collect his wife's number and possibly phone on her birthday?

I found it hard to stomach. I tried calling my cousin to wish her, "Happy Birthday", only for her husband to pick her call giving one lousy reason I couldn't wrap my hands on.

E vex me. I had to drop the call after delivering my message because I didn't wish to shake the boat but it looks dumb and stupid to me nonetheless.

What's your view?

What if it was the husband holding the phone the moment you called ?

Maybe she wasn't around or busy with another thing
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by falcon01: 6:23am On Mar 20, 2021
you should Have tried calling her again maybe like after 3 hrs to confirm

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by LawLab247: 6:23am On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by veave(f): 6:51am On Mar 20, 2021
Keep calling back until he hands the phone over to her.
You can even say you have something urgent to tell her. Hope she's safe.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by OKOATA(m): 7:22am On Mar 20, 2021
deltateam:

What's your view?
You tried calling your cousin or your ex? You couldn't wish your cousin/ex happy birthday via text or WhatsApp abi? Na mumu you think say na everybody.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by mysticwarrior(m): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2021
I don't understand why you should be here insulting a man for taking "HIS OWN WIFE'S" call, perhaps you have other reasons why you are not happy with the man that you are not telling us.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by GOFRONT(m): 7:51am On Mar 20, 2021
The man should sha start saving for DNA..

I see another DNA saga loading......
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by AwesomeStormy00(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2021
deltateam:

What's your view?

Tell us the reasons if it is reasonable or not
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by LordKO(m): 8:08am On Mar 20, 2021
I wonder why you've decided to cast aspersions on the husband when you're yet to know the reason why his wife's phone is on his hold. And even if one is to assume that he collected the phone forcefully from her that won't still make him an evil person, if the wife is the type who doesn't know how to exercise her liberty within the confines of decorum. When an adult fails to justify their rights to liberty in word and action, control/abuse from the other party becomes inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2021
She should have picked, ready to to chat with her friends or family calling her to wish her well on her day, so something is definitely off for her husband to not only have picked and worse, for her to have not called you back to talk to you. Find a means to reach her and make sure she's fine.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by FalseOracle50: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2021
I see the gods very angry and hungry to slap you for asking this question.

This I have seen.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by olexjay(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2021
What if the wife was actually busy and she was the one who told her husband to pick up the call on her behalf.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by deltateam: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2021
Duru9:

What if it was the husband holding the phone the moment you called ?

Maybe she wasn't around or busy with another thing

He went out with it.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by deltateam: 9:44am On Mar 20, 2021
OKOATA:
You tried calling your cousin or your ex? You couldn't wish your cousin/ex happy birthday via text or WhatsApp abi? Na mumu you think say na everybody.

I don't call ex that are married. What for?

My cousin. Abi you don't know the meaning of cousin?
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by cococandy(f): 9:52am On Mar 20, 2021
deltateam:

Be considerate.
only when it’s a woman related to you, then you see how wrong it is.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by cococandy(f): 9:55am On Mar 20, 2021
mysticwarrior:
I don't understand why you should be here insulting a man for taking "HIS OWN WIFE'S" call, perhaps you have other reasons why you are not happy with the man that you are not telling us.
she’s not his child. This stupid behavior would only be half acceptable if he was willing to turn in his phone to her too upon her request. But we know he won’t do that and if he did, guys like you would call him a simp.
Just shows you have disrespectful attitude towards women. Stop it

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by cococandy(f): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2021
LordKO:
I wonder why you've decided to cast aspersions on the husband when you're yet to know the reason why his wife's phone is on his hold. And even if one is to assume that he collected the phone forcefully from her that won't still make him an evil person, if the wife is the type who doesn't know how to exercise her liberty within the confines of decorum. When an adult fails to justify their rights to liberty in word and action, control/abuse from the other party becomes inevitable.
really?
So your phone can be seized by your partner if they are not happy with how you exercise your liberty?

6 Likes

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Richy4(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2021
Dear OP what if it truly happened as the husband said?..... I have learned in life to give people the benefit of the doubt...Maybe u should do the same in this case...
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by sade38436: 10:12am On Mar 20, 2021
:So you will be happy if your messages are passed to your sister via her husband? Be considerate. only when it’s a woman related to you, then you see how wrong it is.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by LordKO(m): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2021
cococandy:
really?
So your phone can be seized by your partner if they are not happy with how you exercise your liberty?

Believe me, I'm not stupid to expect my partner to condone any wittingly and continually nonsense acts from me. This isn't about me being timorous or self-righteous; instead, it's about living my ethical ideology. Of course, no woman is big enough that I can't seize her phone as a partner or just friend if she continually wittingly errs.

Peradventure, however, I found myself in the position of constituting nuisance and become a source of draining of energy rather than a source of renewal of energy for her wittingly and continually, she might not be able to show her displeasure by seizing my phone in such circumstances since everyone has their own way of expressing their grievances. But if she borrows gut and does, I won't see it as a big deal.

Don't act as if you haven't seen or heard of women who justifiably do worse than seizing their partners' phones in cases where their partners wittingly erred.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2021
First you meant call/phone, and not number.

And then this situation really does seem to me like taking panadol for another person's headache.

What if the wife did ask him to help her take the call?
Or what if that's how they roll? They take each other's calls discretionarily?

I've learnt to not debate issues too much when they are not inherently wrong.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by merieam16(f): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Are you married?
This ur moniker is more like an Empty brain
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by Biglittlelois(f): 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
Op, you are overly assuming, wait till your cousin gets her phone, if she then tells you exactly what you think happened, then you can come here and tell us, for now, keep your cool.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by McSquishi(f): 2:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Maybe she was in the bathroom and told him to answer? Maybe she left her phone behind and so he’s picking up her calls? I wouldn’t assume something bad from that alone. To me it’s a couple who doesn’t have secrets between them, I’d assume she also answers his calls on occasion.
Re: Why Would A Husband Collect His Wife's Number?! by mysticwarrior(m): 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2021
cococandy:
she’s not his child. This stupid behavior would only be half acceptable if he was willing to turn in his phone to her too upon her request. But we know he won’t do that and if he did, guys like you would call him a simp.
Just shows you have disrespectful attitude towards women. Stop it
coco you are talking balderdash. there is nothing wrong for a man to take his wife's call and same applies for a woman to take her husband's call.

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Life Story: I Used To Think My Husband Could Never Cheat On Me / May This Crying Face Cause You To Help Me (photo) / The Silent Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.