Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor (24596 Views)

Wike Made Amaechi Governor And Removed Him / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Charles Amaechi: Governor Wike Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by ebukajay184: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Governor Nyesom Wike has claimed that helped his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi to become Governor of Rivers state, IgbereTV reports.

Wike who served as Chief of Staff during Amaechi's tenure, made the disclosure during an interview with BBC pidgin on Friday March 19.

The Rivers state Governor stated in the interview that he wonders how someone he made Governor will turn around to call him an employee.

He said;

“Amaechi and I were in the same party, and in politics, everybody has his own ambition. He had his ambition to be governor, and at the time, I didn’t. So, we fought and supported him to be governor.

“Now he’s in APC, and you don’t expect me as a PDP person to support what he does.

“I was the one God used to make Amaechi governor. I will even give you a tape from what he said in the church; that after God, I’m next. But when he was talking the other day, saying I was his staff, his employee, I said no problem.

“We all sat to make you governor, and I was the one who championed it. How do you call someone who made you governor an employee? When he became governor, he asked me; how are we going to run this government, and he offered me to be commissioner of finance, but I said no, let me be in the chief of staff office.

“That time I made him governor, I had power to choose. People know in this state.

"With his APC, did they even score 25 percent here during the 2015 and 2019 elections? His staff stopped him from winning Rivers for his presidential candidate? Stopped him from winning the governorship election for his candidate? Not even a senatorial seat?

“Well, we have passed that. He said over his dead body will I be governor, now I am looking for that dead body. I have been governor for eight years now. In 2015 when I won, they said PDP was in power, but I also won again in 2019 when APC was in power.”

Wike also accused his predecessor of mismanaging the state funds when he was governor. He reiterated that Ameachi allegedly sold the state’s gas turbine for $308,000 and left his government with $208,000.

The Governor said;

“See the monorail, just 1.5 kilometre, they said they spent N54 billion. I am not saying anybody is corrupt, but just see all these monies we have mentioned."

Govnor Rotimi Amaechi."
https://www.facebook.com/660673490805047/posts/1781235498748835/?app=fbl

See the interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0lWu46guE

https://igberetvnews.com/1385483/governor-wike-made-amaechi-governor/

13 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by jlinkd78(m): 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
I might have my issues with Wike esp his Obigbo massacre but everything he said here about Amaechi is a well known truth every where here in Rivers State. The only thing u can ascribe to Wike is his gaffer in d way he came crushing IPOB who wholeheartedly showed him love without him ever preempting the extent of its negative effect on him. Left for this Wike has shown uncommon developmental cum infrastructural strides in Rivers State

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by doggedfighter(f): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Governorship in Nigeria means being idle while receiving monthly allocation every month

Which ends up stashed, given to girlfriends, overseas trips , hoarded in different accounts etc.

Workers salary they won't pay.
Roads they won't repair
Water they won't provide
Security they won't provide

All they do is disturb us with rubbish talks like this because they are idle and useless to the people.

I hardly hear governors and Mayors abroad engage in nonsense talks like this because a lot is expected of them.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Jonah507(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
King maker

Who come make you ?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by slawormiir: 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wike my niggarrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wike the wicked

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hmm southerners
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by CalabarPikin: 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hehe

“That time I made him governor, I had power to choose. People know in this state.

"With his APC, did they even score 25 percent here during the 2015 and 2019 elections? His staff stopped him from winning Rivers for his presidential candidate? Stopped him from winning the governorship election for his candidate? Not even a senatorial seat?

“Well, we have passed that. He said over his dead body will I be governor, now I am looking for that dead body. I have been governor for eight years now. In 2015 when I won, they said PDP was in power, but I also won again in 2019 when APC was in power.”

The reason I love this man, I can't even comprehend

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by careytommy37(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by iWasNotHere(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Useless men talking too much

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Sijo01(f): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
In oder words you rigged him in

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Politically this is Not a lie though if you know rivers state politics you will know Nyesom Wike is saying the truth he played a big role

17 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Monogamy: 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
shocked

Wike always feeling too much about himself.

That's how life supposed to be. Patience Jonathan also made you a governor.

Wike should remember the people before him.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Kobicove(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
These people fight no dey ever end! undecided

8 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by TradingsigIQB: 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yeye man with that his cracked voice

9 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by carbony4red(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by karzyharsky(m): 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
So who made you a governor??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by PCG1: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2021
ɛ ċɦօҡɛcheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by WiszyFraud: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
Yeye man with that his cracked voice

Na drug dealer ooh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by jojofola: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Talkative.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by BitcoinNigeria: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
It's well

Check my signature. My Address and picture on my website. Buy and sell with me please, so I can eat and feed my family. Good bless everyone, not scam please
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Kingcalls: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
We know that...no disputes
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by TriCee: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
This man lives off political squabbles. He just has to stay politically relevant by all means.

...as we await Amaechi's response, one should grab a mat...

8 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Over to Amaechi.
Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by taretoofine(m): 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Wike easy with the pride... Story of Nebuchadnezzar comes to play

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Topencso: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Instead of focusing on to serve ppl better.. I tire for this country

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike: I Made Amaechi Governor by Sonnobax15(m): 7:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Wahala for Rivers State no dey ever finish..

I expect Amaechi to counter Wike's claim with a smack down ASAP...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses / Nigerians Are Large-Hearted People, They Will Forgive Buhari - Garba Shehu / Jonathan’s Wife Wants INEC To Rig Rivers’ Poll – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.