Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body (38632 Views)

8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / Six Important Things Every Christain Nigerian Youth Should Avoid . / Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bmaster:
we won't take you serious,
After all you warned us beforehand in your signature.

Sister mi,do as it pleases you with your body

sad
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Mish02: 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:
The body is the temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwelleth in you.

7 Important Things You should never do with your Body.

1) You should never commit fornications in your heart or body

2) You should never worship or eat things presented to idols

3) You should never lust or love the things in the world.

4) You should never be Unrighteous on earth

5) You should never commit sexual immorality.

6) You should never be drunk in wine taking cigarettes , indian hemps etc

7) You should never make any cutting on your flesh, body piercing, tattoos and putting things that don't glorify God

Feel free to drop your views, thoughts and ask question

Sometimes I wonder how we rush quickly to teach the scriptures.
Just imagine how u used the word "never" in your list. Don't you think it has made you a hypocrite? Or are you free from birth till date of all the above listed?
Always ask for mercy from God.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by realstars: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
Only Number 7
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
temiyato:
U shud read ur bible more . do not only depend on what ur pastor tells u. Get knowledge , for it is profitable.
I have no pastors and all that mush. undecided
So again, holiness according to whom? The Old Covenant or Jesus Christ, the New Covenant? undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by smile11s(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
How can you get drunk from smoking cigarettes?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Johel(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

Old covenant is from God, new is from Jesus..
90% of the teaching is from Apostle's Paul doctrine

No confuse yourself...Jesus hath paid the price...the ultimate na to know God and worship him in truth and spirit then love your neighbor as you love yourself...the rest laws na serenren.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by JustforMen: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
That your number one item eehhn... na him hard pass ooo!
... only God go forgive us

oluwatosink:

7) You should never make any cutting on your flesh, body piercing, tattoos and putting things that don't glorify God

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
iampeterben:
Buttressing on fornication, any form of sexual immorality must not be committed in your body or heart. Namely; masturbation, gayism, lesbianism, adultery, beastilism, etc. Flee from these sin, I plead thee in God's name flee them.
Instead, this is what Jesus Christ told you is sin

Matthew 5 vs 27-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[e]
28. But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.
29. If your right eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
30. If your right hand makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by tunjilee003: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
Cashsteady:
Can you people just stop decieving yourself for once..Can someone pls tell me what is wrong with smoking and getting drunk? the way Nigerian Christians think sef is really annoying u people go dey do asif no u Holy pass yet ur life is getting worse each day..

In the Western countries people smoke cigarettes due to cold weather and to just keep their body warm but here in Africa Nigeria especially smoking na sin yet u people keep mocking the Muslims for sharia.. What's the difference between Nigerian Christians mentality and sharia?.. upon all the religion wey una Carrry for head ur country is till one of the most underdeveloped country in the world.. daft Nigerians.
take religion away from a black man and watch how his brain restores to factory setting...
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Akuruoulo(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How does any of this relate to what Jesus Christ taught you? undecided

According to Jesus Christ it is instead a sin to lust in your heart after a woman/ man. So how do you arrive at this list you have above which seems based on old Covenant laws that have nothing to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ never taught you that being drunk or smoking anything is a sin. Neither did He teach you that tattooing your body is a sin. Stop teaching lies in the name of God . undecided
I BELIEVE ANYTHING U DO THAT DOEST GLORIFY THE NAME OF GOD IS A SIN.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by moneyissweet(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ok
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
Johel:
No confuse yourself...Jesus hath paid the price...the ultimate na to know God and worship him in truth and spirit then love your neighbor as you love yourself...the rest laws na serenren.
That is not entirely true! See below what Jesus Christ commands of you instead

Matthew 5 vs 27-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[e]
28. But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.
29. If your right eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
30. If your right hand makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Jesus Christ came to give you a New Covenant, a new Law which is the Law in the Kingdom of God, and He commands you to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments in order to secure a place for yourself in Heaven. undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Akuruoulo:
I BELIEVE ANYTHING U DO THAT DOEST GLORIFY THE NAME OF GOD IS A SIN.
That goes against what Jesus Christ commanded of you though. He gave you about 50 commandments and warned you against adding or removing commandments to His list for you. undecided
Since Jesus Christ is the Word of God Himself telling you what to do in order to glorify God, but you instead choose to follow your own rules as far as God is concerned, how can you believe you are doing what God in fact commanded of you? undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Reex12(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bmaster:
Okay.
This forum only remembers Jesus on Sundays
remember the sabbath and keep it holy
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by doxijaw: 4:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Great teachings.

Also focus more on education and home grown solutions while you're cleansing your inner Man.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Reex12(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
tunjilee003:
take religion away from a black man and watch how his brain restores to evil ...
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kingstanding: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How does any of this relate to what Jesus Christ taught you? undecided

According to Jesus Christ it is instead a sin to lust in your heart after a woman/ man. So how do you arrive at this list you have above which seems based on old Covenant laws that have nothing to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ never taught you that being drunk or smoking anything is a sin. Neither did He teach you that tattooing your body is a sin. Stop teaching lies in the name of God . undecided
. May God bless you. He is a religious nutcase.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Heterodox(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Another trash list.

1 Like

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Akuruoulo(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That goes against what Jesus Christ commanded of you though. He gave you about 50 commandments and warned you against adding or removing commandments to His list for you. undecided
Since Jesus Christ is the Word of God Himself telling you what to do in order to glorify God, but you instead choose to follow your own rules as far as God is concerned, how can you believe you are doing what God in fact commanded of you? undecided
GOD GAVE JUST 10 COMMANDMENTS.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by wallarwallar(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

I challenge OP which of those things listed u no dey do .. Be sincere if u dnt want Spiritual Slap
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by 99thEnemy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

[s]2) You should never worship or eat things presented to idols
[/s]

Na only number 2 I survive grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Laidebrain(m): 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Die this post... It's not even relevant during Jesus's lifetime
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Akuruoulo:
GOD GAVE JUST 10 COMMANDMENTS.
No He did not! You should learn to read that book for yourself. God in fact gave 613 commandments to His people, Israel, through Moses.

So, if you only follow 10, that is 613-10 =603 other commandments that you have failed at keeping, and so you are nowhere close to glorifying God at all in that. undecided

That said, since you were not born an Israelite, nor do you live in the land of Israel, why do you cling to Laws that have absolutely nothing to do with you in the first place?undecided

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
God Himself made the Old Covenant agreement with those who are of the Blood of Jacob and not with you. So what do you hope to gain by trying to insert yourself into a contract that God never qualified you for in the first place? undecided

If you believe in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, then it is the Law that is He, you ought instead to focus on. undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Akuruoulo(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No He did not! You should learn to read that book for yourself. God in fact gave 613 commandments to His people, Israel, through Moses.

So, if you only follow 10, that is 613-10 =603 other commandments that you have failed at keeping, and so you are nowhere close to glorifying God at all in that. undecided

That said, since you were not born an Israelite, nor do you live in the land of Israel, why do you cling to Laws that have absolutely nothing to do with you in the first place?undecided
God Himself made the Old Covenant agreement with those who are of the Blood of Jacob and not with you. So what do you hope to gain by trying to insert yourself into a contract that God never qualified you for in the first place? undecided

If you believe in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, then it is the Law that is He, you ought instead to focus on. undecided
God in the new testament AMENDED THE LAWS INTO 10. IF U CN FOLLOW THE 10, THEN U CN COMPLETE THE REST.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by dimugonabo: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
What's the difference between number 1 and number 5?

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Faber(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
9) You should never use your thumb to vote for either APC or PDP in any forthcoming elections. It is against God's goodwill and plans for you
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by YourJesus: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Verily verily I say unto you
We are in the perilous time
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Akuruoulo:
God in the new testament AMENDED THE LAWS INTO 10. IF U CN FOLLOW THE 10, THEN U CN COMPLETE THE REST.
Where do you have God amending the Laws into 10 in the New Testament? undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Akuruoulo(m): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where do you have God amending the Laws into 10 in the New Testament? undecided
I WILL QUOTE U BACK LATER BRO. SOMEWOT BUSY NW
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by femi4: 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

No 2 is wrong. Never called things created by God unclean

Act10:14-15

Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean

1 Cor 8:4

Therefore, as to the eating of food offered to idols, we know that t“an idol has no real existence
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by bizhop01: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
I practice 1,2,4,5,6,7 but 3 only God can help me
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by sholamat: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
ohosi4real:
I do not pick anything q of here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.