Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body (38629 Views)

8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / Six Important Things Every Christain Nigerian Youth Should Avoid . / Six Important Things You Should Care For On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Scion120: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Christ said, nevertheless I have many things to tell u but u can bear them now but when the spirit of truth (Holy spirit) comes He will reveal them to u for he will take from me and give to u.
I'm referring to the person who said why teach what christ didn't teach. Read ur scripture. To u it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God. Before informed that we have the written word of God(logos) and the revealed word of God that is Rema. Christ came to reconcile us back to God. He fulfilled the condition and went back to His father now we in the dispensation of the truth via the Holy spirit. U can't discard the old testament for it is still the word. Heaven and earth hasn't passed away and u want the word of God to pass awy
Ok Sir .[/quote]
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Dannyhero: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:
The body is the temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwelleth in you.

7 Important Things You should never do with your Body.

1) You should never commit fornications in your heart or body

2) You should never worship or eat things presented to idols

3) You should never lust or love the things in the world.

4) You should never be Unrighteous on earth

5) You should never commit sexual immorality.

6) You should never be drunk in wine taking cigarettes , indian hemps etc

7) You should never make any cutting on your flesh, body piercing, tattoos and putting things that don't glorify God

Feel free to drop your views, thoughts and ask question
uncle which angel told you this
Because of guilty of all �
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
Scion120:
Christ said, nevertheless I have many things to tell u but u can bear them now but when the spirit of truth (Holy spirit) comes He will reveal them to u for he will take from me and give to u.
The Truth that you expect to be revealed to you through His Spirit will NEVER break the foundation that He, Jesus Christ, laid for you while He was here on earth. That is why Jesus Christ told His disciples to go out into the world and teach the world the very same Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to them, to all those who will listen. This so that every truth that professes to come to them from other sources, they will weigh against His Truth to see if of Him or not of Him. undecided
Scion120:
I'm referring to the person who said why teach what christ didn't teach. Read ur scripture. To u it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God. Before informed that we have the written word of God(logos) and the revealed word of God that is Rema. Christ came to reconcile us back to God. He fulfilled the condition and went back to His father now we in the dispensation of the truth via the Holy spirit. U can't discard the old testament for it is still the word. Heaven and earth hasn't passed away and u want the word of God to pass awy
Ok Sir .
I suggest you read that book you call the Bible instead of spewing doctrines of men at folks, doctrines and traditions which Jesus Christ told you will amount to nothingness where God and the power of God is concerned. . undecided

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
In Deuteronomy, it is explained to you that God Himself excluded you from the Old Covenant Law which He made only with those of the Blood of Jacob. Since, you and your forefathers before you, were not born of the blood of Jacob(i.e.Israelite), and you do not live in the land of Israel, why do you cling to Laws that have absolutely nothing to do with you in the first place?undecided
Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
what do you hope to gain by trying to insert yourself into a contract that God never qualified you for in the first place? undecided

Jesus Christ came to give you a New Covenant, different and better in all ways from the Old Covenant. Why do you blindly go after that which you are not even willing to learn the truth of? undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lol
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If it does not conform to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which Jesus Christ commanded you to teach in His name, what do you think that means? undecided

Jesus Christ did not send you to preach the Old Covenant to anyone and He certainly did not tell you to preach Paul either. Jesus Christ commanded that you trust and obey His own teachings/commandments, the Truth of God by which your works will be judged. So why preach anything else? undecided

The ten commandments belong to who?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
TOTAL RUBBISH
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
almarthins:
The ten commandments belong to who?
They started off as 10 commandments but there are in fact 613 total commandments that are part of the Old Covenant(Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). undecided
In Deuteronomy, it is explained to you that God Himself excluded you from the Old Covenant Law which He made only with those of the Blood of Jacob. undecided
Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
So, if you are not one of those listed above, the 10 commandments and the 603 others, are not for you.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
Scion120:
Ok Sir .

Don't mind that guy jare!
You can tell that sm pple re new generation church goer. He may as well refer all epistle of the deciples as the doctrines of men.

He forgot that d manifestation of Jesus in human form to bring to end an era of animal sacrifice for sins and activate the holy spirit in full force. That does not mean that old testament law is now irrelevant
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
almarthins:
Don't mind that guy jare!
You can tell that sm pple re new generation church goer. He may as well refer all epistle of the deciples as the doctrines of men.
There is absolutely nothing new generation about anything I have said so far.
almarthins:
He forgot that d manifestation of Jesus in human form to bring to end an era of animal sacrifice for sins and activate the holy spirit in full force. That does not mean that old testament law is now irrelevant
Jesus Christ did not bring an end to the Old Covenant. He told you this quite clearly too.

Matthew 5 vs 17(ESV)
17. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
The Old Covenant was and remains between God and those of the bloodline of Jacob - Gentiles were excluded by God Himself from this deal from the very beginning.
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is instead an agreement between God and individual man, and as Jesus Christ said, unlike the Old Covenant, Jesus Christ offers you a light yoke and an easy burden to bear.

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
This Truth has been available to you for over 2000 years. Nothing new age about it!
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Howearn: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
your thought
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
They started off as 10 commandments but there are in fact 613 total commandments that are part of the Old Covenant(Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). undecided
In Deuteronomy, it is explained to you that God Himself excluded you from the Old Covenant Law which He made only with those of the Blood of Jacob. undecided
So, if you are not one of those listed above, the 10 commandments and the 603 others, are not for you.

Perhaps, u r still missing the point. The scripture u quoted is just an expansion of the ten commandments.

603 are more or less code of conduct many of which are valid. Jesus said he didn't come to destroy but to make it better.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by chingle5(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

7) You should never make any cutting on your flesh, body piercing, tattoos and putting things that don't glorify God

Like say e easy angry ogbeni park one place jare
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by dwilliams: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
I am guilty of all
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is absolutely nothing new generation about anything I have said so far.
Jesus Christ did not bring an end to the Old Covenant. He told you this quite clearly too.
The Old Covenant was and remains between God and those of the bloodline of Jacob - Gentiles were excluded by God Himself from this deal from the very beginning.
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is instead an agreement between God and individual man, and as Jesus Christ said, unlike the Old Covenant, Jesus Christ offers you a light yoke and an easy burden to bear.
This Truth has been available to you for over 2000 years. Nothing new age about it!

Why re u turning d bible any way u want it interpreted?

God didn't keep any deal with any blood line of Jacob. There was no deal whatsoever. The death of Jesus brought an end to all the sacrifices of bull, goat, ram, sheep etc
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Onyedikachi323(m): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Christ came to this world and died to redeem mankind from sin therefore why has man chosen not to serve Christ rather they after worldly things lust and painting of their bodies God have Mercy the last day shall be very very terrible.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
almarthins:
Perhaps, u r still missing the point. The scripture u quoted is just an expansion of the ten commandments.
603 are more or less code of conduct many of which are valid.
If you believe that, then you should not have any problem telling me exactly which of the 10 commandments the following commandment, found as part of the Old Covenant, is an expansion of. undecided

Leviticus 19 vs 17-18 (ERV)
17. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him.
18. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.
Which of the 10 commandments is expanded upon in this case?
almarthins:
Jesus said he didn't come to destroy but to make it better.
Also, Jesus Christ never said He came to make the Old Covenant better. If there is any such thing as new generation thinking it is exactly this thinking that Jesus Christ came to make the Old Covenant better. Not only is it ridiculous thinking but it has no basis in scripture. Please consult what Jesus Christ Himself actually said.

Matthew 5 vs 17(ESV)
17. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.
19. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
almarthins:
Why re u turning d bible any way u want it interpreted?
Point out the exact spot where "turning the bible" is done. undecided
almarthins:
God didn't keep any deal with any blood line of Jacob. There was no deal whatsoever. The death of Jesus brought an end to all the sacrifices of bull, goat, ram, sheep etc
You have never actually read the book called the Bible, have you? undecided
I mean you keep repeating the same meaningless blubber even when I post passage after passage from the same Bible that shows what you believe to be wrong. undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

So we shouldn't live again abi
Nonsense
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by SeriouslySense(m): 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
Some comments here are very funny, people just want to argue and waste their time.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by meekah: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
[uote author=Kobojunkie post=100063420]How does any of this relate to what Jesus Christ taught you? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, it is instead a sin to lust in your heart after a woman/ man. So how do you arrive at this list you have above which seems based on Old Covenant laws that have nothing to do with the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Jesus Christ never taught you that being drunk or smoking anything is a sin. Neither did He teach you that tattooing your body is a sin. Stop teaching lies in the name of God . undecided[/quote]why are you allowing satan to use to obstruct the gospel you better repent of your act before is too late
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
meekah:
why are you allowing satan to use to obstruct the gospel you better repent of your act before is too late
Where is Satan in all of what you have seen so far? undecided

Is it the Gospel if it does not conform in any way or form to the very teachings of Jesus Christ(Truth), the one who brought you this Gospel of the Kingdom of God you supposedly speak of? undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by onlinestaff2020: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

You smoke weed ni?

There is no God and there is no devil.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by ihedioramma: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
oluwatosink:

Truth.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by NnamdiN: 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Wanted to add "you should never have unprotected sex" but everything in your list doesn't even want us to have the sex lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 8:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Point out the exact spot where "turning the bible" is done. undecided
You have never actually read the book called the Bible, have you? undecided
I mean you keep repeating the same meaningless blubber even when I post passage after passage from the same Bible that shows what you believe to be wrong. undecided

If u like interprete d bible upside down in d name of religion. Scripture interpreted scripture. I refuse to be swayed.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
almarthins:

If u like interprete d bible upside down in d name of religion. Scripture interpreted scripture. I refuse to be swayed.
I didn't interpret anything for you. I posted it in English language so you can read it for your own self and give me an answer. undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kudducini(m): 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
But unfortunately nobody can do without No 3
Abi person wife no be one of the things of this world
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by almarthins(m): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't interpret anything for you. I posted it in English language so you can read it for your own self and give me an answer. undecided

You should have interpreted it in Greek. Perhaps, I would have understood you beta undecided
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by johndho(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
you are very correct. but its really hard keeping to them sometimes. this world is too sinful. if man is no dey high, man go dey look woman. let's just pray for mercy.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Josywhyte: 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Poster have u committed fornication before?
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Johel(m): 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is not entirely true! See below what Jesus Christ commands of you instead
Jesus Christ came to give you a New Covenant, a new Law which is the Law in the Kingdom of God, and He commands you to accept(trust) and obey His teachings/commandments in order to secure a place for yourself in Heaven. undecided

Las las...Hell seem certain for everyone,because Uno fit know devil and Angel.
Re: 7 Important Things You Should Never Do With Your Body by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
Johel:

Las las...Hell seem certain for everyone,because Uno fit know devil and Angel.
You only need to know you since the Covenant you signed with Jesus Christ is between you and God. So you answer directly to God Himself and not any man in any of this. undecided

The New Covenant contains about 50 something commandments which if you value your relationship with God, you ought to learn so you can accept and obey them in order that God makes you one of His once you are worthy. undecided

Sin is essentially disobedience of the commandments of God and the way to free yourself from its shackles is to accept and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, something He made clear in John 8. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sermon That Touches The Heart: The Day My Boyfriend And I Went To Church / Pastor Tom Samson & His Hummer Limousine Storm Abeokuta / Esther Benyeogo Wins N260m At RCCG Talent Show (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.