Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,038 members, 7,956,864 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:59 PM

Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland (2340 Views)

Lawyers To Sue Tinubu, NASS Over Reintroduction Of Old National Anthem / REMINDER: OLD NAIRALAND POST WHERE REP FROM KEBI WANTS DELTANS KILLED!!! (2009) / 7 Year Old Nairaland Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
motymop:

The op is confused on who is an intellectual.

According to him, if you have an old account in nairaland, you are an intellectual even if your comments are filled with rage and anger
When l said interlectuals l don't mean academic scholars but men of sound and matured reasoning.

You got it?
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by illicit(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
This guy that almost pissed me off yesterday. You no try at all.

How was your night man?

Lol don't take it personal, it's just sport

I am good
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
9japride:
Nairaland is a true reflection of present situation in this country. The past and present political leaders have all failed woefully in their duties. It's same crimal/greedy mindset they have, that is still exhibited by the youths these days. Poverty and social injustice can push people to their elastic limits resulting to messed society. Always, a lot of people are silent on matters concerning the wellbeing of Nigerians because they are benefiting from it and same with calling out government on unjust treatment towards certain zone of this country. We all are just wasting our time trying to solve issues of the moral decay of majority of nairaland users if we don't elect credible people into political office, people who are interested in the general wellbeing of the citizens and not their tribal zones. It will only get worse because when dishonest people are elected they will implement dishonest policies which negatively translate to messed up and a dishonest society. They should continue with mediocrity while other countries are moving ahead. I am even tired of talking self. I fear for the future of Nigeria, because of the present mindset exhibited by large number people in the society. Smh
The more you want to express it the more bitter one becomes. I have been a pan African since my childhood my dad told me stories of Zik and Nkruma. Despite the civil war on my tribal men, l still believe that one Nigeria is the bairn of Africa man emancipation and freedom as said by Mandela. Of what use is Africa if we keep breaking to pieces useless countries to be used and *f**ked by developed world.

I have held to that believe that we can be better as one but it seems there is no end in sight for Nigeria problems and ethnic suspense.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
illicit:

Lol don't take it personal, it's just sport

I am good
You derive joy pissing people off and riding with their brain grin. Jisike
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by illicit(m): 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
You derive joy pissing people off and riding with their brain grin. Jisike

cheesy

Nairaland peeps are not easy to deal with ni....
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by dododawa1: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
I represented 2013 set, we are intellectual then lol.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by motymop: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
When l said interlectuals l don't mean academic scholars but men of sound and matured reasoning.

You got it?

I am still looking for them because all i saw about many of the oldtimers were abuse, nothing matured came out from their head, if you question their beliefs and behaviors, it leads to 100 pages of abuses.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Magnoliaa(f): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Disrespect to which folks exactly.

If they have sound opinion, they would have aired it. They have nothing to offer other than grumble just like you are doing.

There are lot of smart comments here on nairaland. I believe you are more interested in lording over others because you have an account created before nairaland was born.

Sometimes, you kind of sense is always like a cake, baked with sand instead of milk. grin Because it is sweet and can be enjoyed, but there are sand bits in your mouth.

All I'm just saying is you make good sense, sometimes. Line one is veryyy sensible, the next paragraph is off key and then you end soundly.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Sometimes, you kind of sense is always like a cake, baked with sand instead of milk. grin Because it is sweet and can be enjoyed, but there are sand bits in your mouth.

All I'm just saying is you make good sense, sometimes. Line one is veryyy sensible, the next paragraph is off key and then you end soundly.

I cant see what you wrote....use black like others.

Then maybe we could have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Magnoliaa(f): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Ok. I'm not changing my typing color. If you can't see it, no p, then.

I wasn't trying to discuss...
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Magnoliaa(f): 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Maybe you'd reply me if I insulted you. grin grin Or, sha, don't quote me on here to disagree with anything I say again in pink letters.

I'll keep the tip in mind.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Maybe you'd reply me if I insulted you. grin grin Or, sha, don't quote me on here to disagree with anything I say again in pink letters.

I'll keep the tip in mind.

Lol...You missed the point...i dont insult people, i don't have time for that.

My point is i cant see the pink well because it gives me headaches when i tried to read what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by ThatFairGuy1: 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
imhotep:
That's all grin
Sai RUGA
Cc ngadaawo
One man talking to himself cheesy Wetin we no go see grin
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by ThatFairGuy1: 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
Gandollaar:
Alapatinrin!!
Eleponkan!!
angry
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by 9japride(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2021
kalu61:
The more you want to express it the more bitter one becomes. I have been a pan African since my childhood my dad told me stories of Zik and Nkruma. Despite the civil war on my tribal men, l still believe that one Nigeria is the bairn of Africa man emancipation and freedom as said by Mandela. Of what use is Africa if we keep breaking to pieces useless countries to be used and *f**ked by developed world.

I have held to that believe that we can be better as one but it seems there is no end in sight for Nigeria problems and ethnic suspense.
[color=#006600][/color]

Thinking of issues of Nigeria is really tasking and no one seems to care. A lot of people are not exposed to how life is in other developed countries, while the few exposed ones are criminally minded planting division amongst the citizens and perpetually keeping them in poverty to be used during elections. I am tired of talking, las las everyone eye go clear. Countries like Afghanistan, Yemen, Lebanon is failing because of religious extremism and other messed up countries let themselves to be destroyed. And it seems Africans are not learning one or two lessons from them.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by kalu61(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thinking of issues of Nigeria is really tasking and no one seems to care. A lot of people are not exposed to how life is in other developed countries, while the few exposed ones are criminally minded planting division amongst the citizens and perpetually keeping them in poverty to be used during elections. I am tired of talking, las las everyone eye go clear. Countries like Afghanistan, Yemen, Lebanon is failing because of religious extremism and other messed up countries let themselves to be destroyed. And it seems Africans are not learning one or two lessons from them.
Very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by ABCthings: 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
9japride:
Nairaland is a true reflection of present situation in this country. The past and present political leaders have all failed woefully in their duties. It's same crimal/greedy mindset they have, that is still exhibited by the youths these days. Poverty and social injustice can push people to their elastic limits resulting to messed society. Always, a lot of people are silent on matters concerning the wellbeing of Nigerians because they are benefiting from it and same with calling out government on unjust treatment towards certain zone of this country. We all are just wasting our time trying to solve issues of the moral decay of majority of nairaland users if we don't elect credible people into political office, people who are interested in the general wellbeing of the citizens and not their tribal zones. It will only get worse because when dishonest people are elected they will implement dishonest policies which negatively translate to messed up and a dishonest society. They should continue with mediocrity while other countries are moving ahead. I am even tired of talking self. I fear for the future of Nigeria, because of the present mindset exhibited by large number people in the society. Smh
Lol. (In Tinubu's voice) : Where are the Credible leaders?

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Magnoliaa(f): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol...You missed the point...i dont insult people, i don't have time for that.

My point is i cant see the pink well because it gives me headaches when i tried to read what you wrote.

Torh. Is okay.
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by 9japride(m): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
ABCthings:
[color=#006600][/color]

They are yet unborn grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Gandollaar(f): 1:01am On Mar 22, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
[/b] angry
Yes nau
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Okoroawusa: 4:57am On Mar 22, 2021
I have stopped trying to make sense on Nairaland...

It doesn't pay...
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Noerection: 5:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Hummingbird8:
The owner of this forum too is out of touch with reality.

No innovation at all. All he cares about is Ad revenue

Reddit is there as Model but NO, he prefer to enjoy the free traffic he is getting. Forgetting that nothing last forever.

Young smart minds are coming up gradually with innovation and Nairaland will soon be history

This i have seen
piggyyeaster opinion
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by nsiba: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2021
Hummingbird8:
The owner of this forum too is out of touch with reality.

No innovation at all. All he cares about is Ad revenue

Reddit is there as Model but NO, he prefer to enjoy the free traffic he is getting. Forgetting that nothing last forever.

Young smart minds are coming up gradually with innovation and Nairaland will soon be history

This i have seen

Seun got no VISION, what happened to NITEL NOKIA and PDP go soon happen to Nairaland

Event if DJ Cuppy eat gala na front page u go see am
Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by nsiba: 5:35am On Mar 22, 2021
ABCthings:

Tinubu that is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Interlectuals Of Old Nairaland by Grandmeister(m): 7:20am On Mar 22, 2021
Barryseal:
Nairaland lost it when Apc employed mass media campaign against the then government of Jonathan. The intense media campaign from the opposition and counter rebuttal from the PDP left nairaland in its wake till date.

The paid hacks basically killed intellectual discourse in this forum as every comment was analyzed from the ethnic and partisan perspective.

Must be said, Apc majority northern and South West stock, against the PDP, mostly South East and South South posters set the ethnic undertone. Buhari didn't help matters, with the sectional 5% comment and appointments. Funny enough, most of those warlords have since left the scene leaving the dregs to hold sway.
The likes of beaf and gbawe..immediately Buhari won gbawe disappeared and so did beaf. It was the months leading to the 2015 election that shattered whatever unity in nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Next Nigerian President Is Igbo, BUT He Must Distance Himself From IPOBism / "Call Off Proposed Aba Crusade," IPOB Tells Kumuyi / My Diehard Obi-dient Neighbor Is Now 100% Batified. See His Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.